• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hisuian Zorua and Hisuian Zoroark revealed

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
_1-54 screenshot.png

The 'found footage' trailer the official Pokémon accounts posted earlier this week has been cleared up and reveals the true identity of the mysterious 'cute' Pokémon that "looks a bit like a Growlithe or Vuplix" whose tail has a red, swaying tip and has white fluffy fur on top of its head and around its neck with big round and yellow eyes.

If you'd guessed a variation of Zorua based off of that description, good job! You nailed it!

So far all we have to go on for these Pokémon are what we see in the video and the Japanese Pokémon Legends: Arceus website referring to them as Ghost/Normal types. How Zoroark's unique ability gimmick will factor in to this game will also be fascinating to see.

When we have more information we'll bring it to you later, but for now here's the full video.

Last edited:
I'm gonna be the one to get negative....
Hoooo boy.... This. This one was just...Disappointing to me. As someone who has a strong dislike for Gen 5, I don't like this reveal at all. There are better Pokemon that Nintendo could have picked, like Luxray, or Lucario. Heck, in my eyes, anything outside Gen 5's Dex would be better than this.

NGL though, the typing of Normal/Ghost is pretty interesting though. Still, I don't think I'll be catching these guys any time soon.

Normal ghost? That's cool I guess.

If I wanna have my monotype team with new zoroark, guess I'm gonna need rowlett as my starter. I'm totally getting the new basculin evolution. Gonna be a great team thus far. Nice!