• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Hope's Peak Academy: Hope Arc

Hiroto Chihiro.
Ultimate Blackmailer.

Well. This situation just got intense. Hiroto held his new handbook, somewhat frozen in shock. He thought he knew it all, seen every situation. But he had CERTAINLY never been in a situation like this. He watched everyone’s reactions in silence, fiddling with his sleeves again as he usually did. “Everyone here is another threat, huh. Anyone could kill. How do we handle this?” He thought to himself, adjusting his glasses. “I shouldn’t trust anyone until I get a good feel on how they think and act.” He thought again, nodding to himself.

Daishi Hideya.
Ultimate Calculator.

Daishi had almost the same reaction as Hiroto at first. Shock, confusion, silence. He flipped his handbook around in his hand for a moment, glancing around. This was…a weird situation. Maybe it was a prank show too far? Who would kill someone? He cleared his throat, putting a smile on.
“Well, this is a bit odd of a situation isn’t it? Do you guys think it’s a joke of some sort?” He decided to speak up. Hiroto looked towards him. “A-Are you kidding-? Are you not taking this seriously, how can you smile right now-?” He asked, Daishi shrugging. “Well, it just seems like something that’d never happen, yknow? And honestly, why would we kill each other?” He questioned. “Sure, we have lives and stuff out there, but staying here shouldn’t be the worst. I doubt anyone would kill. And if that’s really what the bear thing is planning, I doubt it’d let us starve or anything. And eventually SOMEONE will notice we’re gone.” He tried to reason. Hiroto stared at him, eyebrow raised. “I…don’t know how you’re so positive.” He mumbled, Daishi chuckling awkwardly. “I dunno man, I just like stayin’ positive. Stress and panic isn’t best in these situations.”

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
??? - Hope's Peak Academy's ??? Room - Present Time

A dark silhouette was sitting down on a chair in-front of a small desk lamp, waiting for something to happen. A bunch of screens that show the whole school was in-front of them, watching the students' every move. If the students think that they weren't noticed taking the key, they were very, very, wrong. To the students, it was just another clue, but to him, it was a ploy, a trick, to lead them to their soon to be motive. But for now, he was going to leave them for a few days just so they can figure stuff out by themselves. Though seeing as he already planned this out, it shouldn't be something he was going to be worried about.

Riku Ruimiki
Ultimate Vlogger

"
Okay, let me get this straight. We all are trapped, here, with no way to escape, unless we kill each other? I don't believe it! No way!"

To be honest, Riku couldn't believe what was going on either, first they wake up in a random classroom, in what they assume to be Hope's Peak Academy, and then they were forced to kill each other? No way was this happening. Maybe this is some kind of ruse? Who really knows at this point. But what Riku did know, is that they shouldn't be taking this situation lightly, at all, and they shouldn't be trying to do reckless things.

He left the gymnasium to find a place to sit down or something, so that he can still take in on what the hell is going on right now, and why they were chosen to be involved in this type of madness. He found himself in the Cafeteria, in which he sat down on one of the tables, contemplating on what the bear said, and what could happen the next few days.

Miyuki Gima
Ultimate Lucky Student

Miyuki shakily picked up her E-Handbook, placed it in her pocket, and ran out of the gymnasium into the hallways to find a kitchen. She tried to remember that map again to remember where the cafeteria was. She stood in the hall for a few moments and ran off to find it. The run actually helped her a bit. It made her not think about her stress as much since she had to think of where the kitchen was.

After a bit of time, she figured out where the cafeteria was and started heading to the door to the kitchen. When she entered, she was greeted by a room with deep red walls with a black roof and flooring. There was an island with an area above it where pots and many sizes hung. And then she saw a fridge, a perfectly beautiful, shiny, silver-looking fridge. She walked over to it, opened it, and felt the cold air coming out of the fridge, feeling a calming sensation go over her. It was just a normal fridge, nothing strange or off-putting about it, just a perfectly normal fridge. In the fridge were the normal things, like eggs, milk, cheese, and all those wonderfully normal things. She moved a few things making space so she could sit on the edge. And sit there she did with her thin legs dangling, the tips of her feet touching the floor.

She felt herself calm down now and finally checked her E-Handbook. The beginning rules seemed strange to her a freaked her out a bit, and when she came across rule six, she felt so cold. This wasn't a comforting cold, though. This wasn't like the feeling of winter cold or the cold of the fridge. This was something that scared her.

Rule six read, "Anyone who kills a fellow student and becomes "blackened" will graduate unless they are discovered." Kill? Blacked?! She was so confused. What did this all mean??

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Mitsuko Taira
Super High School Level Crocheter

A pair of sneakers entered Mitsuko’s periphery, squeaking on the linoleum and followed by the click of nails. Her breath hitched, and she scooted back on the floor, clutching the E-Handbook like a lifeline as a new girl approached her, followed by two dogs. From the corner of her eye, Mitsuko noticed the girl with the notebook flee the room and a part of her wished she had taken the chance to get out sooner, before the faces of worried strangers had crowded her on all sides.

“I’m— fine,” Mitsuko managed, voice stilted and small as she continued to shy away from the others, hands bunched in her sweater and pinning the E-Handbook to her chest. She cast a furtive glance toward the door, a barely noticeable flick of the eyes. She swallowed around the nervous lump in her throat, still trying to maintain her composure.

Tsuneo Asato

Super High School Level Mountain Biker
Tsuneo tapped a knuckle against his head, thinking. “Those air vents up there are too high,” he mused— as if they would lead anywhere. He marched out of the gym, expecting Yoichi to follow, then looked around. “Hmmm… maybe… this way!” He picked a direction at random, turned on his heel, and started walking. “I dunno,” he added over his shoulder at the carrot-top. “We’ll make it around eventually, right?” The unspoken thought that they would make it around the entire school without finding an exit wasn’t noticed even by Tsuneo himself.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Kasai Kazuhiko
Ultimate Hacker

Kasai left the gymnasium alone to explore while going through the handbook's rules. His question was answered with the fifth rule, forbidding any harm to Monokuma or the surveillance cameras. The thought of constant oversight from a kidnapper made Kasai feel tense. The sixth rule stuck out like a sore thumb, however. "So not only did someone manage to seize control of Hope's Peak, but they also forced its students to participate in a killing game," Regardless of how strange the situation was, Kasai was still intrigued by how this person had done it. He came across the school store after finding a series of locked doors and eerily empty classrooms. There were several pieces of memorabilia that Kasai hadn't recognized. "There has to be something in here," he thought as he started to inspect the room further.

Anzai Arisu
Ultimate Baker

"Who would do something like this?" Anzai muttered to herself as she read the rules from the handbook. She ignored the sixth rule; no-one's going to become "blackened", whatever that means, that she was sure of. Anzai's companions seemed to be having a private conversation with another student, so instead of waiting, she decided to leave the gymnasium and find them later. Although she was still distressed from the headmaster's speech, she still held onto hope for the kitchen. She eventually made her way to the cafeteria, noticing another student that seemed to be deep in thought. Pestering people comes later; right now, all Anzai cared about was what Hope's Peak's kitchen looked like.

She was mildly disappointed, as it seemed fairly normal and not what she had imagined. An island with pots and pans, a sink with various plates on the side, ordinary kitchen appliances, and a range of kitchen knives on the wall. "Well, this isn't safe at all. Nobody's going to get stabbed on my watch!" She thought before taking them all and holding them until she could get to her dorm. She then noticed that the fridge door was open and spotted another student sitting inside. "Hey, are you alright?" Anzai asked her, concerned. She can worry about what's in the fridge later.

Eri Nomi
Ultimate Fantasy Author

It took all Nomi's will not to whip around to see who had whispered into her ear. She still didn't want to draw too much attention to herself while she still held the key in her hand. She clumsily placed it in her pocket, though. While she understood what would draw less attention to herself, it was clear she didn't often act upon that knowledge, like she used it for something else. Which she did! She had done some research on stealth tactics for a thief character she wrote. Nomi had a lot of fun writing that before she was trapped here.

She didn't mind another student knowing about the object. It was kinda expected. She turned her head towards the voice after she calmed herself some. "That sounds like a good idea. I'm not against others knowing, I just don't want it to become too widespread too quickly. Monokuma..." she trailed off, clearly worried that he would find out. She arrived late to the hall, so she didn't know his name, however, introductions could be saved for later.

Before she could continue, a serpent rested at her feet. Nomi panicked inwardly. Making noise would just... make it upset? Scared? More likely to attack. Yeah, just go with the last one. She swallowed, focusing entirely on the snake at her feet now. Would moving make it mad? This wasn't just some encounter in the wild. Who brought a snake to the school in the first place?! What kind of snake was it? To be honest, she never really looked into different snake species. It didn't comfort Nomi much when Airi came over. "Y-yeah, I've seen your snake," she was barely able to squeak out as she pointed down, at her feet.

@RenzFlintrock @Cmeriwether

Kaori Nakayama
Ultimate Dog Trainer

Kaori smiled. "That's good." While Kaorti had a feeling that the girl wasn't being honest at all, it was best not to press, in her experience. Then again, that was with dogs. Was it wrong to base her social interactions off of her experience with dogs? As long as she didn't shout it out to the whole world, she supposed. "Even if you are fine," she started carefully, "would you like Nami as company?" She placed her hand on the larger of the two dogs. "Nami is a sweetie that's very gentle. She helps me out a lot. One of my best dogs." Kaori knew to back off soon. A scared dog would turn aggressive if pressed. It was probably similar to humans. However, she at least wanted the offer out there before she fully backed off.

@=Nightshade=

Maira Arvich
Super High School Level Herbalist

While some of the behavioral signs exhibited by Taira were lost on her, Maira still noticed that the other girl seemed to be shying away slightly. The herbalist gave a very slight sad smile, and backed up somewhat. She knew better than to crowd someone who was feeling uncomfortable when it could be avoided, and the girl with the dogs was likely making more progress than Maira was. With that in mind, it made perfect sense to let her take the lead, and only step in if she was needed. She did feel a little bad that she wasn't able to help, though. She let herself sink to the floor a few feet away, and pulled her knees up to her chin with a sigh. She kept her eyes fixed on the other two girls, but she let her attention wander for a moment.

The strange situation everyone had found themselves in... what was the point of it all? Just where were they, really? Who was behind it, and when would they find a way out? (The poor naive girl still held hope of escape without bloodshed... peh, what an optimistic fool.) And most importantly, why was this happening? Some individual's sick twisted pleasure in seeing others suffer, perhaps? Maira shuddered to think that there were people in the world so cruel as to derive satisfaction from watching children suffer and harm one another. But if that were not the case, then just what was going on?

Tesaki Hayawaza
Super High School Level Sleight-of-Hand

"I understand." Tesaki nodded, as if he were some wise magician from a fantasy book. (He was one of those three things, at least.) He began opening his mouth to suggest something else, but saw his companion stiffen and paused. Following her gaze down to her feet, he saw a somewhat familiar serpent. As smoke follows fire and thunder follows lightning, so it seemed that where the snake was, the herpetologist was not far behind.
"Ah, Wataru-san. Yes, your snake... Kuro, was it? You might want to keep a bit better track of them, my new acquaintance here doesn't seem to be entirely comfortable with snakes."
He raised a hand to his mouth and politely cleared his throat, one eyebrow raised at Wataru-san. Then he glanced back at the girl who had picked up the key. "Ah, yes. Introductions! I am Tesaki Hayawaza, Ultimate Sleight-of-Hand," he dipped into a slight bow, "and this is Wataru-san, the Ultimate Herpetologist. May I ask your name? It would be best to have something to call each other by as we discuss... things." He cursed himself inwardly at the slightly awkward ending, but he wasn't entirely sure if Wataru should be included in their investigation of the key and its uses if she hadn't already seen it, and he had no way of knowing if she had or not. For now, it was, perhaps, safest to be vague.

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Reimen Pokan
Ultimate Violinist

Reimen had found himself in a entirely different setting, it was a dormitory area, with everyone’s nameplates on the doors. It could probably be switched around, but he didn’t know. He went over to the door, which is near a room that said “Trash Room” on the door. A key hanged from the knobs of the door, so like every normal person, he took the key to his own room, and going inside. The room itself was pretty basic, having only a single bed, a bathroom, a desk, and a shelf area to keep stuff inside. But a special item in his room is a violin, which is pretty cool. He wondered if there were things like this in other people’s room, but he didn’t want to go inside someone else’s room. But out of all the things he could do right now, it was probably explore some rooms.

A room in-front of what he thinks is the cafeteria is a sauna room, which is a good relaxation area. He looked inside, to see if there were any cameras, which, there wasn’t. A good thing, because they could have moments of peace in the school. He probably could be exploring more, but seeing as a lot of areas are behind some gates they can’t open, so he went back to his room. He was too mentally exhausted after hearing what the bear said, and he needed a rest. It was too much for anyone to handle, so a rest could probably take his mind off of it.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Mitsuko Taira
Super High School Level Crocheter

Mitsuko blinked a couple times, then slowly reached out for the dog. A wet nose touched her hand, and she mindlessly stroked its head for a minute. The warmth of the animal and the softness of its fur reminded her of her grandmother’s tabby cat that would sit on her lap as she crocheted into the night. A slight smile softened her features, and she felt the tightness in her shoulders begin to dissipate. Mitsuko was still on edge, but the semblance of something familiar helped her to calm down a little.

Slowly, Mitsuko gingerly wobbled to her feet, tablet still tucked between her arm and her chest. Her necklace clinked against the electronic device. “Thank you,” she directed at the dog’s owner, though she didn’t look up. “I- I think I’m okay… now. Just… need some water.” She blinked quickly, trying to ignore the wave of homesickness that washed over her with the reminder of peace. Maybe she could find some yarn and something that could be used as a makeshift crochet hook. She began to head for the door, unsure, but a little calmer now with a goal in mind.

Tsuneo Asato

Super High School Level Mountain Biker

“Little dude! Help me with this bolt, maybe if we both—” Tsuneo stopped tugging on the metal plate for a second and took a look around. “Ah… little dude?” But Yoichi was nowhere to be seen. “Damn,” Tsuneo mused thoughtfully, rubbing his head. “Maybe I lost him in the corridor. Forgot little legs can’t walk as fast.” His brow furrowed, trying to remember, but eventually his train of thought turned back to the metal plate. This was only the third one he’d tried, but he was insistent in his mind that this one would come off for sure. Third time’s a charm, right?

Tsuneo pushed at the bolt, pulled it, even sat on it, but nothing seemed to work. Even after moving on to the other bolts, it looked like it was a no-go. He frowned at the metal, discouraged. Maybe if I chew on it…?

Yoichi Akagi
Ultimate at Parkour

Yoichi, of course, as an idiot, does get distracted by the high-up air vents. He was trying to use his two carrots-like brain cells, which were at the moment fighting for third place, to figure out how to get up to the air vents.

Yoichi suddenly said, " Ooohhh! What if I got on your shoulders! Then I could reach it for sure! If not, we will get the others to stack on top of us!!" Yoichi didn't hear a response. Weird. Okay... Well, that was strange, but that wouldn't stop Yoichi!

"Oh." Said Yoichi as he turned to see that Tsuneo was not there. Well, that stopped him for the time being. But not for long! Because he did the opposite of stopping! Going! Going to find Tsuneo!! And soon, a tiny orange-haired boy was running around at the speed of sound to find his new friend! And soon, he found him! Eating a bolt on a metal sheet that was in the wall.

"Okay, I'm stupid, but I'm not that stupid!" Said Yoichi staring at the, stared in awe of this new level of stupidity he had been blessed to witness, "Wow!"