• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

How/why did you come to Pokecharms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Like the subject says, how did you find out about Pokecharms or why did you join? Tell us your travel story :)

I'm horrible with dates, but I found out about this place - or should I say Nintendo-Gamer - last year from Stellarwind and a link in Gary's Turquoise Tavern forum signature (he was looking for members to join the forums). Back then I'd seen Gary around TT yet didn't know him at all *shockhorror*

So, as it went, Gary made Stel an admin on his forums and I thought "If Stel's gonna be there I might as well join!" ... Anyways, started posting much-lots, joined in the wonderfully long Pokemon RP: Hoenn Edition, and got Gary on my AIM list. The rest is history ^^

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I saw that my money was vanishing from my account faster than it should have been and saw that this place had gained sentience and was paying for itself... so i decided to join up and play along.

Of course.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
LOL! Well... Somebody had to pay the bills, and it sure wasn't gonna be no-income me ;)

Well it was like this. Many eons ago ('bout two three years) I came upon a Board at Pokeschool, I decided that this was to be the place I tested my intellectual brawn against the world at large.

Whilst I dwelt on those aforementioned boards I noticed a figure striding through the masses with his head held high and a look on his face that said "My arse is on fire isn't it" (and it was).

This figure had a sig extoling the virtue of a site called "Pokecharms" with all the lure and glitz of a red light district. I pretended not to notice this notice untill one day fearing opression/repression/depression by newbs and popup ads I smote the link thus and was greeted by the old boards.

and yeah... that's it.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Meangreen said:
Whilst I dwelt on those aforementioned boards I noticed a figure striding through the masses with his head held high and a look on his face that said "My arse is on fire isn't it" (and it was).

^^ One of my many claims to infamy is the fact i can be quoted for saying "The sun does, indeed, shine out of my arse.". ^^ It's true.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
And yet you stayed while Kimi vanish. Ironic, eh? ;)

You should poke Kimi into coming back :twisted:

I was taking a look at the sprite comics, and also the little animated thing Oak did with the Power Ranger Zero thingie. I was thinking of being one of the characters, but then i suddenly remembered, my voice sucks. Long story short the request for a present or whatever pulled me in so i registered and here i am after posting in that other topic.

P.S. - Anyone want my mic? lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.