• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

If you could make a Pokemon gym (or similar), what would it be?

Pollen-Puff

Previously Ampharos' Dragon Blood
Gyms have always seemed really interesting as a concept to me, and I've often thought about what gym I would make if I was a Pokemon developer. I bet some of you have developed your own ideas as well, so I figured why not share them? Your gym can stick with the video-game rules or something only possible in the anime or manga, or maybe something else entirely! It doesn't have to have a type as much as it does some sort of cohesive theme - sound, weather, space, or anything else you might have thought of. The gym might take place in an existing region, in one of your own creation, or maybe a gym without a region. This doesn't have to be a gym, either! If you have an idea for the battle frontiers or something similar, or even just a trainer that could be a gym leader, I'd love to hear about it!

Whoops, forgot about trials for Sun/Moon! Those are really interesting too, and I'd love to see it if anyone had ideas for something like that!

Last edited:
My gym-like area would be an Electric-type gym with a futuristic theme. You would go through a maze of teleporters and battle trainers as you go. Eventually, you'll reach the Gym Leader, Daniel, and his god-arse-level team.

A Level 95 Luxray.
A Level 96 Jolteon.
A Level 98 Ampharos.
A Level 98 Magnezone.
A Level 98 Electivire.
A Level 100 Eelektross.

Card.

My gym would probably be a combination of stone & simple gardens. So maybe some indoor trees & hedges with skylights & cobblestone walkways, or something like that. Basically a park in a building.

This has been a tad quiet, but I’ll still chime in.

Got an oc idea I’ve had for quite some time. He had always rooted for the underdog in Pokémon battles, and with Normal Types having the lowest average stat total, his connection to them was inevitable.

There’s quite a bit to his story, but thats the general gist of why he’s a Normal Gym Leader. I’ve also got a concept for him eventually becoming an Elite 4, so I’ll post both-

Normal Gym Team
1. Porygon-Z (Starter)
2. Dodrio (Brave Bird+Sword Dance+Roost = Flying Murder Bird)
2. Pyroar (Normal/Fire is dope and so is he)
4. Zangoose (Fast Ursaring)
5. Exploud (Scrappy + Boomburst = The deafening of all your Pokémon)
6. Ursaring (Strong Zangoose)

Normal Type Elite 4

1. Porygon-Z (Now equipped with a Z Crystal for Conversion. Fitting, no?)
2. Dodrio (Still just murder bird, but he can now maintain his Quick Attack)
3. Pyroar (No good reason. Just love the design)
4. Exploud (Drop the base)
5. Obstagoon (Basically replaces both Zangoose and Ursaring. Also black and white color scheme ftw)
6. Kangaskhan (In a perfect world, he’d be Mega)

Last edited:
I would be fighting type gym leader and the 8th gym leader and there wouldn’t be a elite 4 in the region

Poliwrath lvl98@ Mystic Water
Ability: Water Absorb
-Hydro Pump
-Baton Pass
-Dynamic Punch
-High Horsepower

Kommo-o lvl98 @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Soundproof
-Draco Meteor
-Clanging Scales
-Clangorous Soul
-Thunder Punch

Great Tusk lvl99@ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
-Headlong Rush
-Megahorn
-Fire Fang
-Iron Head

Machamp lvl99 @ Focus Band
Ability: No Guard
-Dynamic Punch
-Brick Break
-Bulk Up
-Close Combat

Emboar lvl100@ Charcoal
Ability: Blaze
-Flamethrower
-Brick Break
-Blast Burn
-Giga Impact

Lucario-Mega lvl100@ Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability
-Aura Sphere
-Agility
-Aerial Ace
-Swords Dance

My would be a ground type gym in the hoenn with you having to go through tunnels till you get the gym leader than you,d fight six pokemon level 45 flygon, level 44 camerupt, level 43 golem, level 45 rhydon, level 43 claydol, level 44 donphan than after you beat the gym you get the gravel badge