• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

If you had a Persona, What Would It Be?

In the spinoff of Megami Tensei, Persona, there are these sorts of spirits that represent a person, basically. They take the form of mythological figures, old book characters (Arsene, Milady Winter), and historical figures (Johanna and Captain Kidd).

So, if you awakened to a Persona, who would it take the form of? What element would it use? What Arcana are they? Put in a bit of background detail, if you like, of WHO that person was. And maybe tell us WHY they would be your Persona.

For example, my Persona would be

Sir Dagonet (Star Arcana)
Skills: Ice skills ('Bufu' skills), and Physical skills (slash, sword dance)
Description: Sir Dagonet was King Arthur's court jester, who was made a Knight of the Round Table. He is depicted in many different ways; As a madman, clever trickster, wise tactician, and loyal councilor.
Why: Sir Dagonet was many different things. At his core, he was a silly little guy who was loyal to his King and country, ready to serve.
Or he was just a madman with serious problems. You don't know!

Kind of like me sometimes. And Sir Dagonet just resonates with me for some reason.

Hmm, Dagonet's a cool one actually, I could see him fitting perfectly into the massive demon/persona roster quite well!

Igor frequently describes Personas as "masks" for individuals to use in order to face hardship. Heck, even the word 'Persona' means 'Mask' in Latin (starting to see where the summoning method for Persona 5 was drawn from lol).

Given all that, I suppose my own persona would be someone known for their resilience, determination, and ability to face challenges with unwavering dedication, reminiscent of my own way of isolating myself to focus strictly on the problems at hand, giving my all towards surmounting any obstacles that may lay ahead.

There are myriad characters here that fit, so I'll settle on the first one that came to mind!

Name: Heracles (also Hercules to the Romans)
Arcana: Chariot
Skills: Physical skills (Lunge, Headbutt, Assault Dive), Buffs/Shields (Tarukaja, Tetrakarn, Makarakarn), A Bless move or two (Kouha) and a unique skill (Lion's Roar, Heroic Revival etc.)
Description: A Greek mythological hero known for his incredible strength and courage. Heracles is revered for his valor, physical prowess, and his journey to atone for his past mistakes through the completion of the Twelve Labors.

Defo feel like I'd be the protag's 'right-hand man' type though, like Mark, Eikichi, Junpei, Yosuke, and Ryuji were for their games