• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Ikora Region

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's not so sportsmanlike to be a criminal, either." Hester chimed in. "If these Team Shadow dudebros are anything like every other criminal team ever, then they'd nab our Pokemon the second they got the chance. Still, I guess you're right. It'd be kinda fun if this were a real challeng—oh what is happening?" She pointed to the swarm of grunts, standing protectively around the borders of Yellowseed.

"aw come on! More grunts?" Kage said with a groan. "which one of you grunts wants to fight me first." Kage said as a group of grunts walked up to him. "go Moxie!" Kage yelled as two of the grunts sent out gastlys at Kage and Moxie. "hey this aint' fair why two?" Kage said as he sent out his shiny magikarp.

Last edited:
Jacob looked at Kage, and said, "There is no gym in Yellowseed. Willowdale has the first gym. This one is just on the way.

"Anyways," Jacob turned to the next two grunts, and said, "I will pay you to get out of our way."

"oh there's no gym? I did not know that. Sorry but i still need to get into yellowseed so, you grunts better get out of my way." Kage said with a fierce look on his face that his pokemon shared.

"Hey, you won't get them out of the way with a glare. They could all just swarm you in numbers. You would eventually get taken out. I will just pay off these two, and then we will be let through."

Shane rushed over to two grunts standing in the main entrance gate, and sent out Sacred and Sylphid. In turn, the two grunts each released their own Pokemon. A Poochyena and a Ghastly. "All right, Sylphid start us off with Fairy Wind!" Shane called out to his Ralts just as a rush of pink-tinted wind was launched at her adversaries. It landed a hit on each of the grunt's Pokemon, with the one on Poochyena being super-effective making it faint. "No worries," One of the grunts called out "We will just have to beat you with one less Pokemon. Go Venipede!" The grunt who spoke threw a pokeball into the air, releasing a Venipede into the battlefield. "Ghastly use Ominous Wind!" The other grunt called out "Venipede use Poison Sting!" The first grunt said. In unison, the Pokemon each used their respective moves at Shane's Pokemon. "Quickly Sacred, counter with Ember!" Shane called out to his Vulpix. Sacred let loose the small fireball at the attacks, dispelling the Ominous Wing, and incinerating the toxic needle. "Now Sacred use Ember on the Venipede, and Sylphid use Fairy Wind on the Ghastly!" The two attacks then knocked out the other two Pokemon securing Shane's victory. "What! No way!" Each of the grunts yelled out just before they ran away as cowardly as a baby Pidgey.

"So much for paying them off, eh?" laughed Seth. "Anyway, let's get going! I'm kinda hungry..." Zach clung himself to his usual spot on Seth's thigh, an Seth gave Hester and Jacob a hearty thump on the back.

Jacob looked to the left and right, at the group of grunts coming in their direction after they had beaten their pokemon. Jacob sighed. Both groups had six grunts, and if each grunt had two pokemon, they would have to face twenty four pokemon, plus all the ones in the town. "Well, who votes to go in instead of getting mobbed by the other grunts coming towards us?"

"I say we go and get some help. I hear there's also an Ace Trainer headquarters on the far side of town. They should help us. Right?" Shane said "And we should probably hurry, they're closing in on us." And with that Shane bolted into Yellowseed Town, hopefully with his companions close behind.

Jacob grabbed Hester's and Seth's arms, and dragged them behind him. He rushed into the town, and sprinted in the direction of the ace trainer headquarters. When they got there, he knocked on the door politely, giving four knocks, making sure not to make them sound rushed or angry.

"Uh... gang?" Hester pointed out to the swarming mob that had seemingly decided to give chase. They had just turned the corner into the town, and hadn't laid eyes on the cluster of companions yet, but it wouldn't be long. Untying her bandanna from her neck, she wrapped it Rambo-style around her forehead.

"Four knocks ain't gonna cut it. Cecul, Peavey, Flint! We'll fend them off for the time being, just get those ace trainers." Directing her next few sentences at Jacob, she spoke once more before running off. "Don't worry. They're weak, and if things look bad, then I'll come back."

"This kid— she's one of 'em!" A grunt shouted, sending out his Woobat while a Doduo and Graveler stepped up from the swarm.

"Peavey, you've got the Doduo, Cecul, brine on the Graveler, and Flint..." She took the Pansear from her shoulder, who was in turn giddy with excitement. "Fury swipes." She whispered, before lobbing the whirring mass of claws at the terrified Woobat.

Seth sent out Neanderthal and Zach. "Neanderthal, use thrash! Zach, water gun!" The mankey kicked and hurled punches at the graveler,so fast it could barely be seen. Zach then shot a stream of pressurized water at the graveler, knocking it unconscious and claiming the victory.

Jacob rolled his eyes, and opened the door. "Sorry about letting myself in uninvited, but we have a situation outside. Did you know there is a mob swarming outside of your headquarters. Just informing you on that bit of information."

Jacob then left the room, closing the door behind him. He then squared off against the doduo, and called, "Zyklon B, hypnosis." The ghastly caught the doduo with his hypnosis, and the doduo fell asleep. Jacob then said, "Dream eater." Jacob repeated that command until he was sure the doduo was out for the count, and then he turned to Hester fighting the Woobat. "So, do we now wait for the ace trainers to come out?"

"I guess? These grunts have the defenses of a wet paper bag. I think we can hold 'em off for some time." Flint rebounded off of the unconscious Woobat, springing to Hester's shoulder, and then immediately back into the mayhem. He squared off against a Zorua, who managed to land a few swipes of his own before succumbing, while Peavey threw electrical potshots randomly into the fray. "Plus, it's good practice. Cecul! Aurora beam on that Rhyhorn!"

Jacob looked at the sky, and said, "However, practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect. And these people are not helping me train at all. Though," Jacob straightened, "there must be some reason they are here. There may be a leader somewhere around here. However, I need to check..." Jacob looked down at his pokedex and examined the map of the city. "There is a rather nice pokemon breeding site here. Mayhaps that is what they are going after."

"A leader..." Seth thought to himself. He looked around the mob for any individual who looked administrative, until he locked eyes with a short, slender figure, with a suit fancier than that of the rest. The skinny little man walked through the commotion towards Shane, and said something to him; Seth couldn't understand what through all the ruckus. He then appeared to be challenging Shane to a battle.

Jacob turned and saw Seth fighting a higher up. Jacob yelled out, "Be careful. I am going to go secure that pokemon breeding center." Jacob turned and started sprinting, calling both his pokemon to follow him.

The city was almost deserted. It seemed that all of the grunts in the city had gone to the ace trainer headquarters. Jacob smiled. Less people to get in his way.

He ran over to the breeding center. When he opened the door, he instantly noticed that both of the older people who owned the breeding center were cowering, and there was one man standing behind the counter, gathering pokeballs.

Jacob yelled out, "Hey! I do not think you are supposed to be behind there." He then went to a reasonable voice, and said, "Why don't you put all those pokeballs back where you got them, and leave?" The man turned. Jacob could see that he had white hair, with a white handlebar and chin puff mustache. The man also wore a black top hat and suit, with a monicle. Jacob could see a band around his arm that had the team shadow logo. This must be another one of the leaders of this attack. The true leader of the entire team shadow wouldn't show his face this early. And even if he did, he would probably have such strong pokemon that he could crush them like insects.

Thinking about this, Jacob was very happy that the real leader wasn't actually here.

The man started to speak, saying, "No. We shall take these pokemon. Do you not understand? Every single continent has it's own legendary pokemon. There is only one that doesn't. This one. Does that not seem odd? But we. We have found the truth. And these pokemon will further our cause to find it."

Jacob looked at him for a few seconds, and said, "I personally think that it is just a coincidence. And sorry sir, but other people own those pokemon, so it is my duty to try and stop you. Sorry for the inconvenience." Jacob bowed politely, and then said, "What is your name sir?" "Lyle." The man replied. "Well, Team Shadow member Lyle, I challenge you to a one-on-one pokemon battle!"

(actually, silent, it was Shane that was going to battle the lieutenant, but I guess I could rework that...)

"Lieutenant Vladimir, (just randomly came up with a name XD) I accept your challenge!" Seth rumbled. "Go, Ironclad!" he yelled, sending Ironclad out of his pokeball. "Very well," said Vladimir. "Go, murkrow!" There was a certain fierceness in his voice as he sent the murkrow out of his pokeball. "Ironclad, use iron claw!" The skarmory flew directly towards the murkrow, but it dodged with amazing agility. "Murkrow, shadow ball!" shouted the lieutenant, as the murkrow created a kernel of dark matter that expanded into a large orb, and launched it at Ironclad, knocking it to the ground. "Argh! Can you get back up?" The skarmory got back up and airborne, with admirable loyalty. "Great! Now use aerial ace!" Ironclad attacked the murkrow with such speed that not even it could dodge it, knocking it out. The lieutenant exclaimed in disbelief, "No! But...you're just a kid! Ugh...I'll be back. And better, I won't be losing next time." He withdrew the unconscious murkrow, and walked away back into the relentless mob, disappearing into the crowd. "Congratulations, Ironclad! You did good, boy." He then withdrew Ironclad into his pokeball, and headed over to Hester to see how he could assist.

Still fiercely fighting back the mob, firing shock waves, bouts of fire, and beams of ice, it seemed to Hester that the swarm was finally beginning to dissipate.

"Nice one Seth, same to you three." She palmed Peavey's head, making sure that his prongs were clear of electricity, as Cecul hobbled to her feet while Flint yet again took to her shoulder. "Don't suppose you saw where Jacob ran off to?"

as Kage watched all of this unfold, he decided he would help. "go Moxie and magikarp!" Kage yelled as two grunts walked up to him and challenged him to a battle."Moxie use dragon claw and Magikarp use tackle!" Kage ordered his pokemon. Moxie swiped at the enemy pocheyna and as it fainted Magikarp attacked the murkrow. Then the murkrow attacked the shiny magicarp causing it to go flying into the air. As Kage caught magikarp he Yelled "Moxie use Dragon claw!" Causing the murkcrow to faint. "good job guys!" Kage said to his two pokemon as he returned them. Then Kage walked up to Hester asking "Are their anymore grunts?"

(And I understand that. However, leaders normally will maybe be in the middle, but they are almost always at the end goal. And there are normally multiple lieutenants. Which is why I made a new lieutenant.)

The man threw out a poochyena. Jacob thought that this wouldn't be too hard of a fight, if that was the pokemon he would throw out. Jacob called, "Morbius! Use poison fang!" Morbius bit the poochyena, poisoning him. Jacob then yelled out "Air Cutter!" But before the zubat could use that, he got caught off gaurd by a bite from the poochyena. However, it didn't do too much damage, and Morbius took the poochyena out with the air cutter.

Jacob smirked, and nodded. However, his pride was short lived, as Lyle sent out a Haunter. Jacob stared for a second, and then said, “Morbius, Confuse ray!” Morbius was able to get out a confuse ray just as the Haunter threw a shadow ball, causing Morbius to faint. Jacob grimaced, but called Morbius back into the ball.

Jacob then sent out Zyklon B. Lyle smirked, saying “Your pokemon is inferior to mine. Haunter, use shadow ball.” However, the haunter instead slammed itself into the ground in its confusion. This gave Jacob enough time to say, “Zyklon B, hypnosis.” The haunter went out like a light. Jacob then met eyes with Lyle, and said, “Use dream eater as many times as it takes.” It took two dream eaters before Jacob knew that Haunter wouldn’t be getting up any time soon.

“Excuse me, but what did you say about my pokemon being inferior to yours? Now get out.”

Lyle glared at him, dropped all the pokeballs, and said, “You have not heard the last of me. I will be back, and stronger than ever.”

Jacob rolled his eyes, and tilted his head towards the door. “Your foolish prattling bores me. I told you to leave.” And the Lyle did.

Jacob walked to the elderly couple on the ground, and asked, “Hey, are you OK?” They nodded, and thanked him politely for his help.

"Aye, he headed over to the daycare to investigate." Seth answered, occasionally ordering Zach to water gun one of the grunts pokemon. "Maybe I should go help him...he hasn't come back yet."

Hester was quick to catch up with Seth, scooping Peavey and Cecul up under each arm. From the look of it, everything had gone fine, and Hester smiled, reassuring herself. Zyklon B certainly looked happy.

"How're you holding up J? And how's my favorite Gastly around?" She gave the ecstatic but tired Zyklon B a pat on the head.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well, that overcomplicated things..." Seth mumbled. He looked back and forth between Jacob and Hester. He felt a pang in his stomach, and started getting tenser, whilst his mind was being clouded. He instantly knew what was coming. He decided to walk away to a more secluded space, to avoid starting anything. Zach did not follow, for he knew what was going on as well, and recognized that Seth needed to be alone for a moment.

Last edited:
Jacob smiled, and said, "Well, I have a fainted Morbius, and Zyklon B could probably be better."

"There was a guy here trying to take the Pokemon. He spoke idiocy, but i could not allow him to take the Pokemon here, and so I fought him. He, of course, swore revenge." Jacob rolled his eyes.

Jacob looked at the pokeball containing Morbius, and said, "Anyways, how bout we get our Pokemon healed up at the pokecenter, and then buy some lunch? My treat."

Jacob then grimaced, and said, "I will also need to get more food for the trail, and I need to restock on things."

Jacob then smiled at Hester, put his hand on her shoulder, and asked, "Anyways, how was your time? Took out at least ten, maybe twenty grunts, methinks?"

"The crew's gotta be exhausted, but they're all still intact." Peavey, though breathing hard, punched the air with both fists, one after the other to prove his vital fighting spirit. Flint looked like he was about to pass out, and after taking a horn attack from a Rhyhorn, Cecul could've looked better.

"I bet lunch would fire you all up, right guys?" Flint gave an exhausted thumbs up, lying flat on his back, and Hester took him in her arms again. "Well that settles that, how nice of you to offer! Shane, Seth, everyone, you guys on board?" She did a brief headcount, and found that they were short one. "Seth? Where're you at buddy?'

Seth lingered behind the breeding center, trying to control his imbalanced emotions, until he heard Hester calling his name from round the front of the center. He came round the front to greet her. "I'm right here..." he responded in a dark, anxious tone, concerning Hester slightly.

Last edited:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I've removed all of @Toby Rosery's posts, as none of them are even close to following the rules – to keep continuity, I've removed the OOC posts too. Remember, folks, pure-OOC posts should be in a discussion thread, not the main topic.

As for those wanting to join the RP, it should be noted that the big yellow label on this RP says "Ask to Join," which means we do expect you to ask permission before just jumping in nilly-willy, particularly if you're going to ignore the rest of the RP in favour of what you want to do. If you're not wanting to help write this story, I would strongly recommend you write your own.

Last edited:
Jacob turned his head to Kage, and said, "No, we are cool with you coming, but it was just rather hectic, and we wanted to make sure we covered our basics."

Jacob looked at his map, and said, "Well, they have a rather nice diner. Do you want to go there?"

As Shane finished up his fight with a Team Shadow Grunt, he walked over to where the group was talking to each other. "That sounds amazing" Shane replied as he arrived "I'm starving, and I imagine so are all of you guys and our Pokemon. That diner that you mentioned is next to the Ace Trainer Headquarters, they serve us humans and Pokemon. Let's go."

"Sounds great." Said Seth, sounding a little more cheerful. "I'm famished!" He was still attempting to control his attitude, but the his incident was generally over, and he was glad he had not started anything. Zach perched himself once again to Seth's thigh as they had started heading towards the diner. Seth paid strangely close attention to Hester.

"Cool my totodile loves to eat!" Kage said with a smile as he followed his new found friends. When they got to the diner Kage sent out Moxie and as soon as Moxie came out she began eating everyone's food. " No stop Moxie!" Kage yelled as his totodile devoured his croissant.

Too occupied while delivering praise to her Pokemon, Hester didn't initially notice Seth's side-eyed glances. The chaos of Moxie stealing Kage's croissant was also plenty a distraction, but when the group reached the diner and approached their booth, it became more apparent. The last thing she'd want to do is call him out, so she slowed her pace, shying back to stand with him.

"Seth? Something on your mind buddy?"

"I can't help but notice the side glance you've been packing, particularly at me. I still don't know all that much about you, and I'm sorry if I've done something that hasn't quite set well with you. Anytime you want to talk about anything, I'm always around, and the offer always stands."

Zach clung fiercely to Seth's thigh, and Hester gave him a hesitant pat on the head.

"Don't suppose you'd like to grab a seat next to me at the booth? We could finally catch up a bit."

"Uh, sure, if you want." Seth answered, with a awkwardly happy, but contagious attitude. They sat down, as Zach scurried up from Seth's leg to his shoulder, and waited for their meal to arrive. "So...how have you fared so far?" Seth asked, attempting to start a conversation.

Last edited:
(Sorry I've been inactive, I just wasn't getting notifications.)

Having been lagging behind the group, Xavier heard the noise and saw the smoke, attacks, and Team Shadow evacuate, but couldn't make it. As he entered the town, he saw his friends through a diner window. He walked in and sat down next to them. "Hey guys, what happened?" Xavier asked.

Jacob sat down across from Seth and Hester. He had revived Morbius and gotten food for Morbius. After eating so many dreams, Zyklon B was full.

Jacob started to eat his food, and said, "I did not realize how much food we would be getting. Unless we start beating people who don't just run and not give us any money, I might only be able to buy for everyone every few days. I could ask for more of an allowance from my parents, but they would probably refuse."

Jacob looked at the two across from him, and said, "Anyways, I don't think I asked how you fared, Seth."

Status
Not open for further replies.