• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Into Koupa

Jared looked at the large iron doors. They led to a lab, ran by Professor Paul in the Koupa region. He had wanted trainers to travel the world, and Jared was one of them. The doors swung open, and he was at his table, 18 Pokeballs waiting. "Welcome. Please wait. For the rest of the trainers to arrive."

Aw man.

Rhonda burst into the lab, seemingly out of breath but wore a blank expression on her face. Her home was rather far away from the lab, and she'd wanted to get there first. Unfortunately for her though, she arrived second. Rhonda side-eyed the other trainer as she approached the Professor.

"Don't tell me we have to wait for 16 other trainers." She said in a bored, monotone voice once she finished eyeing up the pokeballs. She was rather impatient and wanted to get the show on the road.

"Not Neccicarily. Now, here are your PokeDexes. So these 18 Pokeballs contain the starting pokemon from all 6 regions. Pick one and go."

Jared was staring at his Pokedex, so he decided to choose after the girl.

Tsetseg walked through the large doors of the pokemon professor's lab just in time to hear him explain what he had called all of the kids in for. Walking up to the table, she paused, swooping her eyes over each of the pokeballs. The others seemed to be waiting for someone to pick one up first, but nothing was happening so she decided to just go ahead on her own. Picking up three random pokeballs off of the table and holding them in her arm, she opened them up one by one. First came a chikorita, next came a torchic, then lastly a chespin. The girl looked at them all pensively as they cried out to her and tried to look cute, before turning to the table again and grabbing a few more. Tsetseg knew which pokemon she wanted as her starter, and none of them were it. After opening up about three more pokeballs(charmander, froakie, and snivy) the girl was beginning to grow frustrated. "This better be it!" she said before tossing the pokeball up in the air. Finally, a chimchar came out, the one pokemon that she wanted from the get-go. "Yes!!" she shouted excitedly grabbing the chimchar in her arms and giving it a tight squeeze. "Sorry guys," she said to all of the other pokemon that she had released, "but I was just looking for a chimchar all along." She looked at the other soon-to-be trainers, curious if they would like any of the pokemon that she had already released.

Jared finnaly stood up. He walked up to a PokèBall, curiously. He let it out, and a small blue Pokemon came out. "Mudkip!" It said, looking around. "This one." Jared grinned. "Well, don't want to be an urchin, so thanks Professor Paul, I shall inform you when I make it to the next town." Jared stepped out, then headed to the Next route.

Tsetseg put down the chimchar and with an excited giggle, she grabbed the pokeballs and pokedex that the professor had ready for the kids. "Yeah, thanks professor!" She called as she ran out of the lab's doors after Jared, her chimchar by her side.
"Hey!!" Tsetseg called to Jared as she caught up with him. "That's a cute mudkip," she smiled frendily, now walking beside the boy. "Are you gonna give it a nickname?"

"Swampy. Easy as that. Your chimchar is pretty cool. I used to be facinated by fire types, heck i was about to choos charmander. My name is Jared by the way." He just looked at the small blue creature saying "Kip!" every few steps.

"Yeah, isn't he?" She smiled. "I'll nickname him... Nabu." She looked down at her new companion, who was walking beside the newly nicknamed Swampy, when giving his new nickname as if to inquire if he liked it. "Chimchar!" He cried out happily, as if to answer. Looking back up at Jared, she nodded. "And I'm Tsetseg," she smiled.
"Oh look! Tall grass!" She spotted before turning to Jared. "You wanna go in together?"

"Why not?" He said, waiting for her. He looked at the sky. A Tailow flew by. He watched it, soaring like he had once wanted to, but who didn't? He looked back at the rustling grass, probably with many pokemon.

"Alright! Let's battle Pokemon together too!" She smiled as she gave the boy an affectionate punch on the arm, looking very excited. As the pair of youths stepped into the grass simultaneously, Tsetseg glanced at Jared, hoping to lock eyes for a moment. She walked beside him through the tall grass for a few moments, maybe a few minutes before a pair of Pokemon came jumping out at the duo. "Whoah!" She cried, dodging the Pokemon that jumped at her. "Nabu! Go!"

Jared was hit in the stomach by a Caterpie that used tackle. He stood up, shaking his head. "Alright! Swampy, tackle!" The small mudkip did so, and it jumped at the small green bug. The Caterpie fell back. Jared thought for a second, then through a PokèBall, but it failed. Jared tried again, and had no success.

"Use scratch!" Nabu reared up and ran towards the caterpie that tried to tackle Tsetseg with his claws out, landing two good blows on the opposing Pokemon and sending it backward. The caterpie tried to use tackle again, but Tsetseg shouted, "Dodge!" before it could land the blow. "Now use scratch again!" Nabu was running towards the caterpie once more, and was about to lay down two more blows before the caterpie fled.

The fourth try succeeded, and he sighed. "I'm already down four pokeballs, I'm terrible at this..."He walked off towards the next town after a few more battles. "Are you coming? You could stay and train more, I'm not forcing you." He said, returning Swampy th his PokèBall.

Tsetseg had been training hard, and her chimchar was starting to look tired. "Yeah, I'm coming," she smiled as she picked up her chimchar and let it travel with her on her shoulder. Tsetseg walked side by side with Jared as they headed toward the next town. "Dont worry Jared, you'll get the hang of it!" She encouraged, giving him an affectionate punch on the arm.

Jared smailed and said "Thanks." He looked at his bag. It had a large T. "No wonder i have so many pokeballs! I got the wrong bag without knowing it. At least he has his pokemon." He looked up at the sky.

"Oh, wow! How'd that happen haha," Tsetseg laughed. "Let's go into the Pokemon center and give our friends a rest." The young trainer led the way into the Pokemon center. When they approached the counter and the nice lady welcomed them, Tsetseg turned to her chimhar who was still perched on her shoulder. "See you soon!" She said before returning him into his pokeball and handing it to the nurse. "Let's get some lunch, I bet our Pokemon are pretty hungry too," she said after hearing her stomach growl.

"I'll catch up with you in a bit, I need to do something." He said after healing his Pokemon. He walked over to the door and walked to a grassy area. He laid down and looked at the sky. "Tyler....." He said to himself. Jared looked at Swampy, who was messing around.

She nodded with a smile to Jared before taking Nabu's pokeball. She let him out as soon as she got him. "Want some lunch?" The chimchar jumped up and down in excitement. "Chim chimchar!"
After grabbing lunch, Tsetseg spotted Jared laying outside through the window. "Let's go eat outside with Jared." She came outside with two trays in her hands. Tsetseg stopped once her feet were right by Jared's head and leaned over so that her head was now in his view, her hair falling around her neck and hanging above his face. "I brought you some," she smiled.

"Oh. Thank you." Jared said plainly. Swampy had been attacking a tree out of bordom as he laid there lost in thought. He sat up and smiled. "I could've gotten it myself."

"I know, but it's nice to help out a friend, right?" She smiled before she sat down next to him and began eating. Nabu sat in front of her, munching away on the food that Tsetseg brought for him.
"So what were ya thinking about?" She asked between bites before looking up at the sky. "Are there any funny looking clouds up there?"

"Oh, it was nothing, just old stuff." He said, before eating. Swampy ate little by little. His Caterpie-now metapod came out and ate. Her and Swampy started to fight over a price on food, in which Swampy gave up and ran. "I'm thinking of a name for her. She evolves easily too." Jared looked at the green Pokemon now jumping around.

"Hmm..." Tsetseg had a pensive face as she chewed her food. "How abouuut... Honey? That'll be a cute name for a caterpie too once she evolves!"
"Chim, chimchar," Nabu paused from chowing down to nod in agreement.
"See? Nabu likes it too!" She giggled as she turned to look at Jared.

"Honey?" Jared Chuckled. "Wouldn't that be better for a Combee or Beedrill?" he said, staring at the pokemon. "Thanks for the food. Im gonna go find a place to stay for the night. See ya later then." he said, finishing the food.

Keva had made it to the lab really late. He quickly ran up to the table and grabbed the pokeball and threw it and Out came a Treecko. Keva eyed it curiously as it looked back at him with a blank face. "Uhhh.. Okay.." Keva stuttered for words before he let out a grin. He shot his fist into the air as he yelled "I'm a strong believer in faith! Chance brought is together!" He grabbed the Treecko and lifted it into the air. "Although you wouldn't have been my first choice.. I'll happily accept! Now Professor! Where are the others?"

Professor Paul scratched his head. "Jared called and said he was a whole town over..."

Jared left after thanking Tsetseg. He headed ahead to the next route and set up a tent.
"Mudkip?"
Yeah it's early, but we need to train, might as well set this up."

A few minuets later, Jared was meditating. He thought about the bag he had on him.

Keva Exhaled deeply. "A WHOLE town?" Keva took his golden hair out of the ponytail." I'm sure I can get him.. If I run... Without breaks.." Kevas deep green eyes were distressed. "Well.. Let's go!" He grabbed his Treecko and took off.

He opened one eye. "Swampy." Jared said. "Kip?" Swampy looked at him. Jared pointed to the bush, then Swampy used mudslap. "What is that?" a pokemon walked out, dazed.

"Bun.....Bunnelby...."

Keva soon after ran through the bush, tripping over the Bunnelby, and crashing into Jared at full speed. Keva was horribly distorted but quickly jumped to his feet. "Awe man, are you okay? Hope I didn't rough you up too much.."

"Ugh..." He groaned as he sat up. "What is wrong with you?" Jared looked at the trainer that ran into him.

Swampy was trying to fight the trainer, but Jared returned him before he did something he would regret.

"I only know one J that has gone by here." He thought for a moment. "He went down to the next town." Jared lied. "He ran as fast as he could. Now if you dont mind."

"Bun?" The small rabbit pokemon wiped mud off its face.

Keva was confused but then went into a large grin as he pulled out Jared's wallet. "Let's see what this kid has.. " he passed by the Identification card. "Jared! So he WAS the guy.. Wonder why he lied.. " Keva looked down to a slightly disgruntled Treecko "Chill out dude, it's not that serious!"

"Some quiet would be nice though!" Jared said, taking his wallet back. "Might as well...." he sighed. "What do you want?" he asked, annoyed. "I need to get back to work."

Keva looked down to Jared. "I mean.. If you're busy, I can help! I have some pretty decent skills~" Keva noticed how annoyed Jared had become."Listen man, I'm just confused.. I don't even know WHY I was selected for this and WHAT I'm supposed to do.." Keva picked up the Treecko "All I know is this little guy is my partner now.. And whatever it is we are supposed to accomplish we will... But before that, we're helping you!" Keva thrusted out his hand. "What do you say?"

"I dont need help. I just have some stuff to do." He said, Shaking hands with him. "Names Jared. Sorry about the anger." Jared sighed. He let out Swampy and His Metapod. "This Mudkip is Swampy and this Metapod is..... unnamed."

Swampy ran around happily, but Metapod gave a dirty look to Keva, Then shot string all over his feet.

Keva laughed at the Metapod before walking over to it and picking it up. Kevas hands glowed a bright green while the Metapod was in his hands after the light faded away, Keva laughed. "I didn't mean to upset you.. I don't intend to hurt your trainer." Keva put the Metapod down."Oh!" Keva let treecko back out. "I haven't named him yet, I feel if fate put us together than fate will show us the perfect name.." Keva laughed "Sorry for all the Nostalgia! I probably sound like I'm preaching!"

"More or less." Jared said. Mudkip jumped around happily looking at the other pokemon. Metapod just looked down in apology. "So you belive in Fate?" Jared said curiously. "I dont. I feel we dont have a set end, we make it."

Keva smiled when he heard those words. "You sound like my friend Detsu, he thinks the same way. But hey, we all have beliefs that drive us. I embrace the differences." Treecko looked at Swampy very intently before running and jumping onto him.

"Detsu? I wish my name wasn't generic. Then maybe id stand out a little more. I had two brothers. An older one named Jake, younger one named....." he stopped for a moment. "Tyler....."