• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

IRL Names

My first name is Kayla .
Pronounced as [kai-la] . And yes , I'm very specific with my name because mostly everyone calls me [kay-la] when they first meet me . >_<
The IRL of my name is Yiddish and Hebrew , and the meanings are "Pure and calm" or "Laurel-Crowned" .
Alternate spelling is Kaila . Which I like better than the spelling Kayla .... :(

My usual nickname at school is Kai-Lan . By three reasons .
First of all , my name is pronounced like that .
Second of all , I'm part Chinese .
Third of all , my last name start with an "an" so if you say my whole name fast , it kind of sounds like
Kai-Lan in the beginning .

Yeah and I almost forgot to put in my last name !
It comes from Italian and means "priceless" .
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
My name is Alexis and I quite like my name because I just think it suits me perfectly. But, nobody really calls me Alexis anymore, they call me Lexi most of the time.

My IRL name is Michael.

Congrats to those who have guessed/already knew, it means you're smart or I've trusted you enough to tell you. But now it's out there so HAH.

My middle name is James, while my other middle name is actually my Mother's surname. I don't know why they called me Michael James, except now I can't use my first two initials without sound like a dead singer D=

My nicknames are MJ (Aunt calls me that) Boofhead (Parents/sister) Boof (Sister) and Boofie (Sister)

I also get mad if people spell my name with an E-A-L. I don't know why I just do.

Apparently if I was a girl I'd be called Sarah.

So hi~

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Blazi said:
My middle name is James, while my other middle name is actually my Mother's surname. I don't know why they called me Michael James, except now I can't use my first two initials without sound like a dead singer D=

I find it interesting that "MJ" conjures up thoughts of Michael Jackson for you, seeing as pretty much everyone who was alive in the 90's in America should associate MJ with His Airness, Michael Jordan.

[me=Sir Red]is totally not a homer >>;;[/me]

Also...lolz, Sarah. :p

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Sir Red said:
Blazi said:

I find it interesting that "MJ" conjures up thoughts of Michael Jackson for you, seeing as pretty much everyone who was alive in the 90's in America should associate MJ with His Airness, Michael Jordan.

Or maybe they're not American. :x The only exposure I ever had to Michael Jordan was Space Jam. I can quite easily say that Michael Jackson is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bigger than Jordan. :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Nick Fury said:
Sir Red said:
Blazi said:

Or maybe they're not American. :x The only exposure I ever had to Michael Jordan was Space Jam. I can quite easily say that Michael Jackson is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bigger than Jordan. :p

Ditto to that. Typically I think of Michael Jackson first when I hear "MJ", but quite often I'll also think "Mary Jane Watson?" when I hear/read it, too... Spidey's MJ far > Michael Jordan for me. :X

My irl name is a bit long, and I'm proud of it; 'tis something of a quirk that my family got from our Spanish heritage, though my name is nowhere near as long as my ancestors' :3

I was named Juan Carlos apparently after the priest that baptized me, who is also a good friend of the family. People also like to note that it's the name of a certain Spanish King. No one really uses this name for me, except for when they used to scold me as a kid, and I've come to despise the name because of that xD

Most everyone uses my initials, JC, or a corruption thereof, Jesse (just like Sho =D) A couple of my online friends have attempted to call me by these names, but in the end they deferred back to just calling me RX xD

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
... I did not just imagine you in that gogawfully sparkly outfit and all the fangirls on ice.

... Okay I did.

Just never take an apprentice named Wallace. In anything. Or I may have to strangle you with your own art. XD

My name? alright, you talked me into it....

First Name, Daniel, you can call me that if you want to.

Last name? You'll have to learn that on your own...

My name in real life?
>.>"
It's... Scott. I have no idea what it means or anything : O. I think it sort of suits me... I only really have one nickname and that's Sukotto apparently it's my name in Japanese :> ( God I wish I knew how to speak Japanese X D). My other names shall remain a secret :DD!

Shaymin ~*

My real life name is Jesus. My parents named me after my grandpa who passed away. It's not really a religious reason.
My middle name is Roberto which makes my middle and first initials JR. Which is the same as my last name and first name initials which are JR.

In real life, they call me Rachel.
Not Rachel K. or Rachel Kator, just Rachel. And it gets annoying when there are two other Rachels and you think that the teacher is referring to you when they aren't >>;. Or the "Oh, not you Rachel" deal. Ugh.
But it sort of suits me I guess. Well, in the I'm the exception to the rule Rachel, who isn't preppy.
I coulda been Lauryn, but that didn't happen. My parents chose it cuz if I were to do something serious, I'd have a name that didn't sound dumb, like Vikki or something. Yeah...

Kator as a last name is fun. It's basically an Americanized version of Keator (or something to that extent), a Dutch name. It means "A peasant who uses cats to catch rats and lives in a shack". The name got changed about two or three generations ago when no one could say "Kay-tor/ter" when they saw it. Sadly, it's still gets rather mangled, like "Kah-tor". I have to say that it rhymes with "alligator", and "Allikator" is a nickname I've had.
Apparently, it's a Muslim name too, like this whole royal family thing that had to run away from persecution. That what pops up on wikipedia anyways. I also got this crazy message from a lady with the last name of Kateer who thought I was one of those people. It was nuts.

Nicknames... Rachey from my mom, Chunks from my siblings (I was a chubby baby apparently...), Ray from my friends and Sunshine from one time that we did a crazy nickname game (Ray of sunshine).

And I don't have a middle name. I decided that it's supposed to be Jennifer or Louise before. And when I was little, I wanted it to be Ice or Indiana XD.

My name in real life is actually somewhat common-- Chris.

Siblings call me Christopher, friends and colleagues call me Chris, and lots of people online call me "Moose" or "Moosey" because... well, I like moose. }:3

Ok... My full name is... Are you ready? Are you sure? Ok... My full name Irl is Francisco Orestes-Jose Del Castillo-deJesus.... Yup, welcome to the horror of long latino names... My first name is Francisco because before I was born, my uncle politely asked my mother to name me after him... And my name is derived originally from the Saint, Francis, or Saint Frank, or San Francisco, depending on where you're from. My two middle names, Orestes-Jose, comes from the first and middle names of my father, whom I've never met, but oh well. Obviously, my first last name, Del Castillo, comes from my father, it means "Of the Castle" in Spanish. My second last name is from my mother, there's a tradition in latino culture in-which the child takes the first last names of both parents. deJesus obviously means "of Jesus" in spanish... That often makes me wonder... "Del Castillo-deJesus"... Does that mean I'm from the Holy castle of Christ? Am I holy Royalty? Probably not... But a man can dream, can't he?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
My real name, being the source of my initials, is Robert, though my first name has built a pretty large group of nicknames over the years: Robby, Rob, Robs, Roberto, Bob... and some of the jocks called me Bonesaw for a period of time. To finish the rest of my initials, my middle name is Michael (Back in middle school, people used to call me Mike for some strange reason...), and my last name is Alamshah. Lots of people seem to pronounce and/or spell my last name wrong, though I don't mind so much, seeing as it's a fairly unique identity. Haven't met too many other Alamshahs around here outside of my family, though most of them aren't in my state anyways. Most of them are off somewhere in either Chicago or Massachusetts, and the ones in Massachusetts take up my Mom's maiden name of Vigeant, another fairly uncommon surname as well.

I can't believe I haven't posted here XD

My username is really the initials of my full name, so, my first name is Diego, but just my friends and family call me Diego, everyone at my school calls me by my last name which I hate being called by my last name. Anyways my name doesn't mean somethinng in specific but I read it came from Adonis, but changed a lot since. My last name doesn't either mean something XD but it came from the Huns when they reached Spain, and so it went to Portugal, and then to Venezuela, and I'm here now. So well thats basically all about my name. The other three initials are classified information. Lol Haruhi XD

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I have one of the most interesting names every out of my friends. It's the same as my user name being Demelza. =]

Interesting fact is an anagram of it is 'Me Zelda' (good job I like the Legend Of Zelda). I'm not very sure where my parents got it from other then from some TV show mum watched when she was younger.

"Demelza as a girl's name is of Cornish origin, and the meaning of Demelza is "fort on the hill"." Well guess being a fort means I'm strong or something. xD

As far as nicknames go I'm normally called 'Dem' and my parents call me 'Melza' which I'm not fond of. >.>

I used to always get made fun of for having an odd name but I've grown to love it the last few years and it sets me apart from others. ♥

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Linkachu said:
[me=Linkachu]high fives Ked. XD[/me]
Oh, and for the record, "Austin" is not my real last name (although it would've been if my paternal great-grandfather hadn't been adopted). ;) I don't like giving out my actual last name because it's incredibly rare in Canada, so for anyone who does know it - please don't post it here. Kthx.

Your last name is HAWKINS-RAMSEY, ATTORNEY OF LAW AND MAKER OF A DAMN FINE PIZZA.

Or something like that.

Edit: shows how much attention I pay to this forum, since I'm quoting something from months and months and months ago.

Atma

Formerly Karu
My irl name is Adam S. Woodrow =V I have great resentment for my middle name and go on and off my first name. Apparantly there are Woodrows that've made hats for years and years and years |D

Nicknames. Mugabe, Jim, Gears xD I got Mugabe from a very close friend of mine and Jim from Toru and a couple other people. Gears because I used to have a GoW bag (haha [/sarcasm]) then because they didn't stop calling me Fenix so I borked the leg of their ring leader |D ♥ Then I got the name Gears because of some of the threats I churned out along with it.

Also I s'pose Karu technically counts since when I go to cons etc I just give my username. Simplification ♥

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Saw this. Thought I'd make a reply. I have little problem with people knowing my real name.

My first name is Sara, a crazy common name that is often misspelled because of the more common counterpart (Sarah). It means 'Princess' apparently, and there was only one part in my life when I shoved that in people's faces - when I was five.

My middle name is Michelle. It means 'Gift from God'. I don't remember being as impressed with this name as I was my first name. I think the only time I got excited about it was when I met a girl with it as her first name.

My last name is Golling. When you Google it you apparently get a lot of sites in a different language. It's supposedly a place in Austria, which might explain that. I was told there was a place in the UK somewhere with that name, which is how it got passed on to my dad who has apparently lived in Europe before or something. Because of its pronunciation I was called 'Goblin' in elementary school, but most people now mispronounce it as 'go-ling'.

So yeah, enjoy.

My name is Josh, who was in the bible.
He marched around a city three times, each time playing a bitchin' guitar solo. On the third march, he played his bitchin' guitar solo and the city explode, and God was all like HELLZ YES.
I hope I didn't offend anybody.

May as well thow some of you for a loop with my RL name

My name is probobly the single most unique name there is

My first name is Teslyn, which is pronounces as spelled. My mom told me she got the name from a book she read while she was pregnent with my brother

My middle name is Chrystal, which I use as the name of my Pokemon persona

As for any nicknames I have, they all relate to my love of Pokemon and hte many ideas I have some up with. First, there's my persona name, Chrystal Sapphire Prism V

This name comes form my middle name, and my birthstone, sapphire, since I was born in September, and prism is from the fact that my region creation has many jewels and gems involved, and I'm sure everyone knows htat all color comes form light that's shined through a prism. And the "V", meaning 5 in roman numarals, is form the backstory I've crated for my character, who is actually the 1,000th decendent of her family, and the 5th to have the name of the ancestor

From that, others, usually just my closest friends, occassionally call me sapphire, but I have one friend that simply calls me Tess

Callum Patrick Leo Harrison.
I picked Leo for my confirmation name. I'm not religious, I made my confirmation because I was short on cash and Leo is a damn sexy name.

My full name is Corey Jake Barron xD In terms of nicknames in relation to my name I've had 'Barrel' only one person called me that someone heard it so some annoying person shouts 'Do a barrel roll' at me >.> I've also been called Riles which I kinda like and I get called Cozza which I hate.

Anyway other random stuff about my name the Corey bit is named after Corey Feldman (plays Mouth in the Goonies ironically I'm pretty much silent) and if I was a girl I would have been called Rebecca which is a name I'm no keen on as it gets shortened to Becky often

My real name is Noémie... Apparently it comes from the Hebrew and it means "kind/pleasant/graceful"... I don't know about the graceful part but I guess people find me nice. My parents did not know the meaning and just thought it was a nice name ^^
My middles names are Isabelle and Florine, after some family on my mother's side (the French side... my father's side is Portuguese).
My last name is Oliveira and it means "olive tree" in Portuguese.

As for nicknames, they're not very original: Nono, Nini, No. And on the Internet I go by the name of Kuro Ryu, Kuro Ryu-chan or Crazy-ass Bat x)

My name in the real world is Stephen. Not Steven. Not Phteven. Stephen. (Since everyone misspells and/or mispronounces it in many different ways.)

Apparently it derives from a Greek word meaning "that which surrounds or encompasses."

So...I guess that fits. I mean, I like hugging people, so there's that. Sure. :p

My full name is Realyn (Ray-ah-Lin) Lily Hart. That's where I got my original username from,Lilyheart0930. I'm not extremley fond of my first name, so I usually tell people who go to school with me to call me Rea. If I'm going somewhere where the teachers know my name, I tell them to call me Lily.

So My Full Name Is Miles George Southwell
Now 2 Things...
1. My First and last name are weird
And 2. Please don't make fun of my name
My friends call me Milo and my cousins calls me Milesito
And my name means "gracious" I don't really know if I'm graceful

Umm, well my real name is not that special but it's Caleb

My middle name was so mysterious and uknown that I was the thing people talked about.... it was..... Seth (I actually like the name Seth)

My last name is also not special but it's 8-1-12-12 CRACK THE CODE!

So Yeah Caleb Seth 8-1-12-12 the guy who is not special XD.

Last edited:
Hannah. And a fun little fact about me. My parents were expecting a boy (doctor said I was a boy but must've made a wrong call or something) so for the longest time, my parents called me Jason. Don't ask me where Hannah came from because I honestly don't know. But that leads to the best part. Sometime before I'm due my doctor somehow finally realized I was, in fact, a biological girl, so my parents had to change my name, and they didn't know what. So it's December 17th, about 13-14 years ago, I'm born and my parents call one of my childhood friends parents. Her name is Crystal. When I was born, she was celebrating her birthday, and I was her birthday present. To this day, she still called me Lil Crystal ;D

It wouldn't hurt if I admitted to my totally original, actual name, right? I don't suppose so.

My real name's Emily. It was either that or Hanna, but my cousin took that one from me. Thanks, Hanna. I don't really have any nicknames.

I wish my real name was something not-so-common, though. For whatever reason, I really like Avalonia, hence its use as my fake name, with the nickname of Ava. Not like I'll be changing it anytime soon, though.

My IRL name is Ryan, although I wouldblike to be called Danny, becuase that's my nickname. (It bugs me when people spell Ryan like this. Rhyan) why would you add a fricken silent H