• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Java Chat Program

(Well, after going back a few pages I saw that there was a thread saying that the Java Chat was working again, but this was from 2007, so naturally I didn't want to bump it.)

Over the past couple of days I've been trying to use the on-site chat, but I can't seem to get the program to load. I've had a look at my settings and Java and JavaScript are enabled, so I don't know why I can't see the chat. I don't want to download an IRC client at the moment for various reasons, so I was hoping I could get some help with this, if possible.

I can understand if it's been removed, but most likely I've missed a notice saying you have to be a full member to use it.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Install the latest version of Java and make sure your firewall isn't blocking it. The script is definitely still working.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Additionally, if that doesn't work, you can try using Mibbit. It's an AJAX-based IRC client that runs natively in your browser - nothing to download or install, and you don't need to wrestle with Java or Flash or whatnot.