• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Johto league tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well I guess he lost it." Yannick couldn't stop smirking as he saw Riley making a fool out of himself. "Nice one Trail! I figured you would use Porygon2 again because you don't want us to see the rest of your team in action too early right?" He said after turning his head back to the group.

"Thanks, Drew!" Trail said to Drew. He turned to Yannick. "Yeah, you're right. And also..."
Trail looked around and leaned in close to the two trainers.
"So, Drew, you said this Cortez guy somehow knew what our strategies were, right?" Trail looked around the trainer's room. "Well, I have a theory as how he's doing it."
Trail hesitated for a moment, then went on.
"I have a hunch that he's using the security cameras of the tournament to watch, record, and memorize our matches." Trail said.

"Even if he knows my strategy from my previous matches it doesn't matter! For me there is no strategy that you can use against all the trainers. It's adapting to the opponents strategy what makes battling fun and exciting for me so I don't have a set strategy." Yannick smiled while scratching the back of his head. "But I guess you are a little bit different from me Trail."

" The problem with that Trail is that according to what Yannick said yesterday." Drew said. " Was that this year everything became public once we signed into the tournament. The trainers gym battles. What teams they have, and any tournaments wether league or non league they participated in." Drew took a breath and continued. " Not to mention the fact that every battle is recorded and sent via television feed all over the planet."

Riley stumbled into his room and locked his door. He knew something wasn't right. He quickly shut the door. He layed down on his bed. It was dark outside. "Why do I feel so tired?", Riley said to himself as he fell asleep.

" Guys I'll be back." Drew said walking towards the bathroom. After taking care of his business he walked towards the sink. He washed his hands and looked in the mirror. He washed his face off. when he looked he saw something moving in his eye. It was worm like crawling across is pupil. " What the fuck." Drew said. He looked in the mirror and saw a tall long blonde haired woman standing behind him. Drew looked behind him and didn't see anything. " What's happening to me?" He thought.
..............................................................................................................................................................
( Cortez)
Cortez looked at Diego Martinez. " You failed." he said
" How was I expose to know that kid was strong." Diego said. " He was just a damn kid."
" You underestimated your opponent." Cortez said. " That's not allowed in Team Neo Rocket. Now your Pokémon will be confiscated." Cortez snapped his finger as Calvin and two other people stripped Diego of his pokemon. " Now leave or you will regret it."
" Fuck You" Diego said. He ran towards Cortez getting ready to punch him. Unamused cortez walked over towards a panel and picked up a switch. He pressed the button on the switch. Diego fell to the ground riving in pain. " What is going on with me." Cortez moved his hand away from the button
" Every Team Neo Rocket member who is participating in this tournament was given a shot four months ago. It contained TS-01. It's a man made parasite with a four month incubation period. During that time you might feel nauscius, have terrible headaches and get tired. After the four month period is over it cannot be taken out without harming it's host. in the first few hours of entering it's host I'm able to see where everyone is at. able to track their movements. able to see what they see. And after the incubation period his over" He stopped talking as he pressed the button again. Diego started to have a seizure " Able to take their life." after a few agonizing minutes Deigo died. "Dispose of this body." Cortez said.
" Sir." Calvin said. " If I lose your going to kill aren't you?" He asked.
" No." Cortez said. " You don't seem like an Arrogant bastard. who can't see past a person's age."
" Other than the kid we injected it with is anyone else infected." Calvin said.
" Yes." Cortez said. " The man I plan on killing after I defeat him in the tournament."

Last edited:
Riley opened his eyes and looked around. "Wh-where am I?", thought Riley. He was back near the Goldenrod Radio Tower, where he was earlier. The city was also foggy. "What's going on? Whoever is doing this, stop right now!", yelled Riley. "I'll destroy you if you don't stop!", stated Riley. He started walking forward and then he heard something. A noise. A roar. He turned an saw a yellow flash coming towards him. "Shit!", exclaimed Riley as he started running. As he ran through the foggy town, there was no body around. He tried to throw a pokeball to send out a Pokemon, but the pokeball just vanished into purple air. "What the hell is going on? Where is everybody?!", yelled Riley. Then out of nowhere the ground under him opened up and he fell into it. When he landed, he stood up and looked around. It was pitch black and he could barely see anything. Then bolt of lightning strikes on his right, then his left, then all around him in a circle. Riley was trapped. Then he heard a roar again. He saw the yellow flash of lightning with a face of death coming right towards him. As another strike of lightning came could barely make out the full body. It looked liked it had four legs with two fangs sticking out of its mouth. It had a yellow body. He saw this just for a brief second. All he saw was the lighning flash come right at him as he blacked out. Riley sat up as he got up from his bed breathing heavily. "It was just a nightmare," thought Riley as he started to calm down. He looked around and saw that it was still night outside. "What was that dream about?" thought Riley as he laid back down.

Drew looked into the mirror again and didn't see anything in his eyes. Was he hallucinating? He needed to get a second opinion. He walked out of the bathroom and walked towards Yannick and Trail. He stopped as he noticed the blonde he saw earlier standing right behind them. neither of them seemed to notice her. Drew closed his eyes and looked again. He saw nothing. He let out a sigh and walked towards the guys. " Hey." Drew said. He moved his right eye lid down a little bit. " Do you guys see anything weird with my eye?"

“Nope nothing wrong with your eye. Why do you ask?“ Yannick suddenly felt uneasy. “But I feel like someone is watching us and I don't mean the cameras. Someone in this room is watching each and every step we make.“ After he said that a guy wearing a black shirt and a baseballcap jumped up from his chair running torwards Yannick and the others. “Trail, Drew! Watch out!“ Yannick shouted. The strage guy pulled out a syringe with a needle and some sort of liquid in it. 'What is he up to?' Yannick thought right before the guy reached him. While Drew and Trail both took one step back Yannick faced the attacker head on. First he kicked the syringe out of the attackers hand, then he knocked him out with a fast and powerfull punch to the stomach. “What an idiot. Did he really think he could attack me head on? Hey Trail can you pick up the syringe please I wonder what is inside it. And I guess you will be taken care of by the local police.“ Yannick restricted the attackers movement by pushing his knee into his back and holding his arms. The police arrived a few minutes later and took the attacker away. “So the officer said that he had one more syringe with him. I guess the other one was meant for you Drew.“ Yannick said after speaking to the officer.
-------------------------------------------
(Cortez)
“So he failed. That means that we have to be carefull with this Yannick and his friend Trail.“ Cortez wasn't pleased at all. “Activate his virus! Instant kill! We can't risk that the police is getting information about us.“ Cortez looked back at the screen. “Good thing they don't know that I already got Drew where I want him and this brutal loudmouth Riley isn't getting in my way either. Thats Enteis and Raikous choosen Trainers done. Only Suicunes left but which one is it. If it's Trail sheer force should be the plan but if it is that Yannick not even the element of surprise will help. So i guess I have to overpower him and get him down without the virus.“ Cortez laughed. “Soon enough I will crush all of you and I will have great pleasure by doing so! Especially with you Drew!“

Drew examined the scene before him. The attacker was being carried off in a body bag. That was the first person to ever die in front of Drew. He looked at Yannick to see a mortified look in his eyes. The man seemed fine. beat up granted but still fine. now the man was dead. How did he die like that.
" Hey Yannick I haven't been feeling right for a while." Drew said. " I think I need to see a doctor. Tell me who's going to make it to the next round." Drew said before leaving.
As he was walking towards the hospital he once again noticed the blonde. He stopped and looked at the apparent ghost.
" Who are you." Drew yelled at it.
" I don't know." She said. She looked at him her golden eyes flickered. " I don't know how I got here." She looked around.
Drew took a deep breath. " Hey I'm going to the hospital come with me they might help you."
"Okay." She said as she grabbed his arm and locked hers with it.
As they made their way to the hospital they walked in and went to the reception area. " excuse me." Drew said. The head nurse looked at him.
" Hey me and my friend here need some medical assistance." Drew said.
" What friend." The nurse said. " There's only one of you."
Drew looked at the girl then at the nurse.
" You don't see anyone right there." Drew said pointing at the girl.
" No." The nurse said.
" I'm losing it." Drew said. " I need to see a doctor now."
After waiting two and a half hours in a room a doctor showed up. " Sit down." The doctor said.
Drew did so. " We found this in your x ray.
Drew's mouth gapped open as he saw a big worm like creature that attached itself to his brain and ran down his spine into his arms and legs with a tentical like thing around his heart and rib cage.
" What the fuck is that." Drew said
" I don't know. but a recent autopsy showed a similar thing in a recently deceased male." The doctor said.
" A recently deceased male?" Drew said. Drew went cold as he remembered the man that tried to attack them earlier.
" We can't do anything about it." The doctor said.
" What do you mean." Drew said. " Get this thing out of me." Drew said.
" We can't." The doctor said. " It's too interconnected with you. If we try to remove it we'll most likely do you more harm than it. call me if you start feeling ill because of it." The doctor handed him the X rays.
Drew got up grabbed his cane and walked out. After a long walk he finally made it back to the stadium. He spotted Yannick. " Hey what's happened." He said. Drew decided to keep this parasite business to himself for the time being.

Riley had went back to the stadium. He wasn't able to sleep anymore after the nightmare he had. Once he got back to the room he saw a couple of officers in there. He also saw Drew with Yannick and Trail. "Well, I might as well go ask what happened", thought Riley. He walked up to them. "So what's going on here?" asked Riley in a calm composure, trying to keep it cool to make it look like nothing was bothering him. In fact, his head was starting to hurt again.

" Someone died." Drew said. " Apparently he had a heart... Yeah a Heart attack." Drew said with a little nervous chuckle. He looked away from them. He had to keep what he knew a secret. escpecally from the people he cares about... and the young pup.

"Wow...", Riley said. "I actually have something important I need to tell you guys. You see earlier, the reason I left was to find Cortez." Riley then took a deep breath. "I was going to head back here when something knocked me out. It was near the - the...!" Riley's throat started to lock up. "What's going on, I can't talk!" thought Riley as he grabbed his neck and started coughing. Then it started to stop. "Sorry about that." said Riley, a bit embarrassed. "It was at the..." and then it happened again. He wasn't able to talk and he started coughing again. "Something isn't letting me tell them where I went!", thought Riley. Then he took a deep breath to hold it off for a bit. He looked up embarrassed at what had just happened. "Never mind," said Riley, then he ran to the bathroom. As soon as he got to the bathroom, he went to the sink and started puking in the sink. "What hell is going on with me?!", thought Riley.

Last edited:
Drew walked into the restroom. " Hey Riley." He said. He smelled puke. Within a few seconds Drew remembered that happened to him around four months ago after a nurse game him a shot after his battle with Cortez. " What's wrong with you."

Last edited:
By the time Drew walked in, he had already washed his face off and the pain in his throat was gone. "I have no idea. I - I went somewhere and was knocked out and since then I have been having these symptoms. I have been dizzy, sick, tired, and nauseous," said Riley making sure not to say exactly where he went so he wouldn't get that horrible feeling again. "Do you have any idea what it is?" asked Riley.

" All to well." Drew said. He looked at the young pup. " Let me look at your eyes." He moved his free hand towards the young pup and grabbed his face. While looking at his eyes drew saw a worm like thing move across Riley's left eye. " Fuck." Drew said releasing Riley from his grasp.
" It's the TS-01" The blonde female said reappering near drew. " It's what I am." She said.
Drew just shook that off that was just a hallucination.
" You have a parasite in you." Drew took off his book bag and handed Riley the X Ray he had. " It looks like that."

Riley stared at it for a for a few seconds. Then he started laughing. "You got to be kidding, where did you find that?! There is no way that thing got inside me. What the hell is that anyway?!", exclaimed Riley. He was laughing, but deep inside he knew that he wasn't laughing because it was funny, but because he was scared.

" This X ray was done two hours ago." Drew said. " On me. and apparently the man who died also had it inside of him as well. "
" We have no idea what it is." He continued to say.
" I told you it's the TS-01" The blonde said. Drew rubbed his fingers on his forehead. ' Just a hallucination.' Drew thought. " She isn't real."
"Anyways." Drew said. " Someone injected us with it."

"Us?! So now you're telling me that we're both being targeted?!", exclaimed Riley. He was pissed but also glad that someone else was in the same boat as him so he wouldn't have to deal with this himself. "I think I know where I was injected." Riley said calmly. "I can't physically say it because this virus won't let me, but maybe I can show you."

Drew shook his head. " Alright lets go." Drew said. As he started to walk he felt a pain hit his heart. Before he knew it he was on the ground riving in pain.
" I'm sorry." The blonde said standing above him.
The pain stopped as it did Drew's phone rang.
" Hello." Drew said answering his phone.
" Drew." Cortez said. " I'm afraid you won't be going anywhere."
" You bastard." Drew said. " You did this to me."
" Are really that shocked." Cortez said. " Any way I can't have you barging into my secret base. See while that brat is suffering the side effects his parasite isn't fully incubated yet so I can't harm him yet. As for you I just have to hold this button and your life will be slowly taken from you." Cortez sounded gleeful. " See I'm not going to kill you until I defeat you in this tournament. until then be a good little boy and don't get involved." The phone went silent.
" Fuck." Drew said while getting up.
" I'm so sorry Drew." The blonde said. Drew closed his eyes trying to stop hallucinating. " I'm not going anywhere Drew I'm apart of you now." She said.

Riley watched Drew finish up the conversation with Cortez on the phone. "Are you alright? What did he say now?", Riley asked. "Are you still coming?"

It was some time since Ace's battle had finished, that Machamp was lucky it had survived. Charizard's Blast Burn would've roasted it alive if he hadn't held back. Although that wasn't on his mind right now, Ace strolled through the lobby and noticed something, there was some caution tape surrounding and area with some officers questioning several people. "I don't know...he just had a seizure and we lost him almost instantly, the officers had him cuffed, that's all I saw..." a poor looking fellow answered the cop. Ace put two and and two together, appearently someone had died. First the helpless Gravelar and now some man?! Ace suddenly felt his stomach boiling, who would be next! He headed to the bathroom, Ace wanted to be alone just for a little bit but that wasn't the case. Ace opened the restroom door and saw Drew and Riley. They both looked a bit sick..."Oh hey, uh...didn't know you guys were staying together in here." Ace mentally face palmed himself realizing how immature that had sounded. "You guys alright? I hope I'm not disturbing anything, there were just some officers talking about a dead guy and I just came here to, y'know...get away from all of that...." He stared at the two, feeling a bit uncomfortable.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Patrick Lowe had arrived in Goldenrod City hours ago. His first match had been delayed due to this. He had never seen a city so big, apart from the occasional two he had seen in the Kanto region. He had come from the Sevii islands, so most cities were a large leap for him. Patrick proceeded to his first battle within the conference building. "Finally!" Exclaimed Patrick.

" I'm Fine." Drew said. " I can't come with you." If he did anything cortez didn't want done he was going to die. " Besides I don't think you should go. I think they'll be waiting for you."

Yannick disappeared as Drew headed to the restroom. He was in a place he was sure noone could follow or watch him. He pulled a smartphone and a capsule from his pocket. He called someone. "Hello Doc, this is Yannick, I have a request. I will send you this syringe and I need an instant analysis of the fluid it contains. There is no time for further explainations." He put the syringe in the capsule starten an app on his smartphone and the syringe disappeared. 'Ok that went down pretty smooth. Now I have to wait for the analysis of that fluid.' Yannick thought. He walked back to the others.

Patrick had arrived at the Stadium. He was aware of how late he was, looking up to the clock as he arrived. His first battle began almost immediately. In it, Patrick faced a short 14/15 year old boy with a Yanma. In this one vs one match, Patrick skilfully assessed the situation and, almost instantly, sent out Rocky, his Golem.

"Yanma, use sonic boom!" Cried the boy. Yanma glided into the sky and fired the attack at Rocky.

"Rocky use Rollout and dodge it!" Patrick responded. Ricky's arms popped into it's body and it moved away from the attack. It then continued and rolled into Yanma with one decisive blow. Yanma was significantly damaged.

"Yanma, use quick attack!" The dragonfly pokemon charged at Rocky and hit him several times.

"Was that it?" Asked Patrick, sarcastically. He began to laugh.

Great another cocky young pup. Drew thought as he watched the battle. He wished Riley good luck but knew it wasn't going to do much. They some how heard everything him and Riley said. " Hey Yannick." Drew said walking up to his friend. " Is it me or does this round seem very long to you?"

"It's fine, we're just having some competitive talk", Riley said to Ace as he walked out the restroom. Then Riley watched the battle going on. As he watched the Golem, he remembered the Graveler he had killed in his match. "Well, I guess the bigger they are, the bigger the explosion!", said Riley as he smirked. He hoped the virus wouldn't affect him during his other battles. He saw Drew with Yannick and walked up to them. "That trainer is just toying around with that Yanma." said Riley.

The battle continued. "Use Bug buzz!" Cried the young trainer and as he said this, a wave was projected from Yanma's body. It hit Rocky. He took the attack but it didn't do much damage.

"Honestly, that Yanma is pathetic, I'm sorry but..." Patrick paused and then came up with a command. "Use rock blast!" Rocky continuously shot rocks towards Yanma's direction. Yanma dodged the attack several times. There were now several hole bumps in the ground caused by the blast. Rocky continued firing and the rocks hit Yanma twice. Yanma fell to the ground. It had fainted.
The display screen showed Patrick as the winner. "That was easy. It was fun though." Patrick said as he shook the boy's hand. The boy then ran away with a grumpy look on his face.

" Maybe there's hope for this kid." Drew thought as he saw the somewhat good sports men ship of this kid. Who knows maybe he'll be fun to beat. Plus he has Golem that's always a positive.

Ace was really suspicious now, "Competitive talk, yeah right." Ace washed up and left the restroom. On the TVs it showed another trainer's battle, Golem V. Yanma. Apparently Patrick was just messing with the poor Yanma, there was no way it was going to win. Ace shook his head and walked back to where he had saw the officers earlier. The area was clear now and the crowd had dispersed. 'What's going on?' Ace thought to himself.

"If it took him that long to beat a Yanma then he isn't a threat.", thought Riley. "The more weaklings, the easier this tournament will be." Riley muttered as he watched the battle finish.

Yannicks smartphone rang. He picked up. "So Doc, have you finished the analysis?" He asked. "Yes the liquid alone is harmless but it contained some sort of micro virus called TS-01." Yannick looked over to Drew as the Doc explained "The virus attacks the brain of its host and infests the nervs. It keeps on growing over time and it can kill a person when a certain signal is send to the virus." the Doc keept on explaining. "What are the symptoms and how is it cured?" Yannick asked quickly. "Symptoms are hallucinations, strong headaches, nightmares and a part of this virus can be seen in the eye of it's host. Unfortunately there is no direct cure for that thing. You have to reverse the signal that orders it to kill so the virus gets deactivated and dissolves after some time. Ok thats all I have. I have to go now see you around Yannick." the Doc ended the conversation. Yannick took one step towards Drew to look in his eyes again. Now he saw it. "SHIT!" His face turned white and he took some steps backwards. "You are....... infected with TS-01!"

Riley looked at Yannick. "Really, you have to say that out loud?! How did you even get that information?" He then noticed the trainer that had yelled "hi." "That's some weird mood swing. In the battle he's serious, out of battle he's just a fool.", Riley thought to himself examining the other trainer.

"thank you nurse Joy for healing My pokemon"
"your welcome said the nurse".
As I sat down I spotted some trainers and decided to walk over"

"Hey guys Im Luke!"

"What do you have to do with the virus?" Yannick looked at Riley as he noticed his eye. "What the hell? You too? That can mean only one thing Cortez is trying to keep his competition for this tournament down. We have to do something about this!" Yannick looked around then he smiled. "Go Amphaross! Hey Cortez! You have been spying on us way to long! Amphaross use Discharge on the fusebox over there!" Amphaross walked over to the fusebox and destroyed it using discharge. The lights went out and the screens turned black. "Oh, I forgot about the lights. Well this was the last battle for today anyway." He thought about what to do now. "Ok Amphaross use a weak flash to light up the room." Amphaross made its tail glow and everyone could see again. "Sorry for that one!" Yannick excused. He turned around to see the guy who just battled. "I don't intend to be mean but I guess this is none of your buisness." he replied.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Cortez)
"THAT BRAT ANNOYS ME!" Cortez was enraged. "First of all how the fuck did he find out about TS-01? And then he figured it was me! What is he some sort of detective? Drew or Riley didn't even tell him about me." He walked up and down infront of the black screens. "Ok that does it! Destroying the fusebox will be the nail in their coffins. I'm going to kill Drew now!" Cortez walked towards the button. "Boss wait! Don't do it! If you kill him now you wont be able to see him suffer. He has no other choice than to stay in the tournament until he faces you in battle." Calvin managed to keep Cortez away from the button. "Fine! Calvin I have a special task for you. Kill Yannick as soon as possible. I don't care how you do it just get rid of him."Cortez calmed down. "Yes Sir!" Calvin replied.

"charizard come out"! as the ball lets out the glow charizard appears " Now, use steel wing on that tree!"

as charizard flew up hes wing turned silver and in a flash the tree was in Logs

"nice work!"

Status
Not open for further replies.