• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: New Power Generation

Where should the first setting be?

• Speedwagon Foundation HQ

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • On the plane/ trip to Paradise City

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Upon Arrival in Paradise City

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Maybe. The Speedwagon foundation is probably pretty big, right? So it's possible that some of our characters have never met. It's also possible that some have met, and some have only heard stories about others.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
I'd like to apply for this roleplay, hope this ain't too broken-

Name: Andrew Armstrong

Personality: Andrew is the quiet, collected type who always seems to just be calm in every situation possible. He likes to be sarcastic, give snarky and mocking remarks and comments, and shows respect only to those who he believes to deserve it. He may seem like a bit of an shady piece of crap sometimes, but can and will be fierce and tough when he has to be. The reason for him to dress so warm is because he always feels cold no matter where, but when it comes to actual, proper cold places, he thrives, and feels little need to actually dress that warm.

Appearance: Andrew's face consists of a pair of light-grey, beady eyes, almost like a corpse's, with eyebags underneath. One eye is cowered by his hair, which flows down smoothly to his shoulders. His hair is almost a perfect brown, with just one streak of white being the strain covering his left eye. He has a claw scars, stitches, and more across his body, which are usually hidden by his clothes, but there is one big claw mark vertically across his left eye, hidden by his hair. He is 6'2ft and has a pretty slim, semi-starved body with lacking muscle mass. Going to the clothing, He wears a simple black, puffy jacket with fluff on sleeves and collar. Underneath is another black vest and a dark-purple shirt, on his left arm a watch and on his hands brown leather fingerless gloves. His pants are torn dark-blue jeans, with simple brown winter boots being his shoewear. The boots have a bit of iron layered inbetween the soles, for extra weight, stabilization, and kicking power. Underneath his gloves and on his back are actually circles, elder signs within (The star with an eye). The secret is that these circles are necessary to prevent his stand from taking over.

Stand Name: Shivers

Stand Namesake: Ronnie James Dio's Album 'Master of the Moon'

Stand Appearance: While noone except Andrew knows this, Shivers is actually a demon from the depths of the eldritch realm who attempted to take over Andrew, but had been sealed within by the elder pentagrams on his hands and back. Thanks to Andrew's seemingly turning soulless, insane, and generally mentally worse and lack of a stand, 'Shivers' was turned to his stand, having to follow his every will until Andrew looses his cool, in which Shivers can and will take over his body.

Its looks can only be described as mortal words limit it; An octopus head on a gorilla's body, insect eyes all over the head, multiple mouthes on the arms, fur replaced with scales. One yellow glowing eye, lacking an iris, is located inside its mouth, always peering at whoever is looking into its jaws. Vantablack skin, that still somehow reflects light off of its scales, a purple gradient on the many insect eyes on its head, and four sets of bat wings on its back, both equalling to the size of its torso.

Stand Type:
Remote - Sentient

Stand Stats:

Power: B
Speed: A
Range: A
Durability: D
Precision: B
Potential: B

Ability: Shivers' Ability is to 'chain' itself onto the conscience of a victim and use its hosts and victims memories, creativity and imagination to create illusions that can either deceive or attack the victim. It can hook up to ten victims, but its range limits on how many people it has hooked, one victim being the longest range, and ten being the shortest. When out of its reach, all illusions will vanish. With the illusions, any damage inflicted on the victim by said illusions will result in them imagining the wounds appearing on them out of nowhere (Eg; Get attacked by a mugger illusion, feel and see being stabbed in the illusion, but only feel the effects of being stabbed real-time). Note that these illusions will only affect the victims, and anyone outside the effect will witness the victims attacking and seeing things that arent there, and Andrew will most likely remain in one spot, having to focus on actually creating and maintaining the illusions, as he cannot do both maintain and move at the same time.

Last edited:
@Pannacotta_Fairy the group is a special recon force set up by the Speedwagon foundation specifically to observe Paradise City, so it's fairly new and most members don't know each other. But stand users do tend to be pulled towards each other by fate, so your ocs can already be acquaintances prior to being recruited if you want.

I'd like to apply for this roleplay, hope this ain't too broken-

Name: Andrew Armstrong

Personality: Andrew is the quiet, collected type who always seems to just be calm in every situation possible. He likes to be sarcastic, give snarky and mocking remarks and comments, and shows respect only to those who he believes to deserve it. He may seem like a bit of an shady piece of crap sometimes, but can and will be fierce and tough when he has to be. The reason for him to dress so warm is because he always feels cold no matter where, but when it comes to actual, proper cold places, he thrives, and feels little need to actually dress that warm.

Appearance: Andrew's face consists of a pair of light-grey, beady eyes, almost like a corpse's, with eyebags underneath. One eye is cowered by his hair, which flows down smoothly to his shoulders. His hair is almost a perfect brown, with just one streak of white being the strain covering his left eye. He has a claw scars, stitches, and more across his body, which are usually hidden by his clothes, but there is one big claw mark vertically across his left eye, hidden by his hair. He is 6'2ft and has a pretty slim, semi-starved body with lacking muscle mass. Going to the clothing, He wears a simple black, puffy jacket with fluff on sleeves and collar. Underneath is another black vest and a dark-purple shirt, on his left arm a watch and on his hands brown leather fingerless gloves. His pants are torn dark-blue jeans, with simple brown winter boots being his shoewear. The boots have a bit of iron layered inbetween the soles, for extra weight, stabilization, and kicking power. Underneath his gloves and on his back are actually circles, elder signs within (The star with an eye). The secret is that these circles are necessary to prevent his stand from taking over.

Stand Name: Shivers

Stand Namesake: Ronnie James Dio's Album 'Master of the Moon'

Stand Appearance: While noone except Andrew knows this, Shivers is actually a demon from the depths of the eldritch realm who attempted to take over Andrew, but had been sealed within by the elder pentagrams on his hands and back. Thanks to Andrew's seemingly turning soulless, insane, and generally mentally worse and lack of a stand, 'Shivers' was turned to his stand, having to follow his every will until Andrew looses his cool, in which Shivers can and will take over his body.

Its looks can only be described as mortal words limit it; An octopus head on a gorilla's body, insect eyes all over the head, multiple mouthes on the arms, fur replaced with scales. One yellow glowing eye, lacking an iris, is located inside its mouth, always peering at whoever is looking into its jaws. Vantablack skin, that still somehow reflects light off of its scales, a purple gradient on the many insect eyes on its head, and four sets of bat wings on its back, both equalling to the size of its torso.

Stand Type:
Remote - Sentient

Stand Stats:

Durability: D

Ability: Shivers' Ability is to 'chain' itself onto the conscience of a victim and use its hosts and victims memories, creativity and imagination to create illusions that can either deceive or attack the victim. It can hook up to ten victims, but its range limits on how many people it has hooked, one victim being the longest range, and ten being the shortest. When out of its reach, all illusions will vanish, but effects on the victims mind and body will remain. With the illusions, any damage inflicted on the victim by said illusions will result in real-time wounds appearing on them out of nowhere (Eg; Get attacked by a mugger illusion, get stabbed irl). Note that these illusions will only affect the victims, and anyone outside the effect will witness the victims attacking and seeing things that arent there, and Andrew will most likely remain in one spot, having to focus on actually creating and maintaining the illusions, as he cannot do both maintain and move at the same time.

Shivers is fairly op, seeing as wounds within illusions appear and real life and that has the potential to be instakill. However, I like both the idea of illusions and people having symbiotic bonds with supernatural beings other than stands in JoJo. I'll be glad to except if you nerf him a bit.

DevVoid

An other idea for harming things would be that they *imagine* getting hurt, and either spazm into a coma, feel like they're fatally wounded (but really aren't), or fall into a coma due to a phantom blood loss. In basic terms, they'd see themselves being hurt in the illusion world, and their brain tricks them into thinking they are actually real-time hurt, causing no damage, but said effects and shock of being wounded. Would that work?

DevVoid

@PumperPenny Alright I changed the bio to the phantom wound infliction. Andrew and Shivers are accepted now, right?
I just wanna make sure that I don't have to nerf anything else on them other than grammatical errors.

DevVoid

I dont think the rp thread was ever made to begin with. But if you're talking about this thread, I'm guessing its a hard no.

DevVoid

Hmm, I could lead another seeing as my last one had died. Which one of you should I be tagging to the thread incase I do create it, though?

DevVoid

Yeah probably, though I'd probably leave the flight scene out and just have it start when everyone's already landed or in town already, whichever I choose.

Spachino

Previously El Spazzino
I'm in.
Name: Magnus Lynnea
Personality: Magnus is always out and about, going on quests and fighting dudes. He is typically sneaky around his enemies. Magnus takes things seriously, but he acts like he doesn't. He's pretty fiery.
Appearance: Magnus has short black hair, going down to his neck like Season 3 Eleven from Stranger Things. He has dark brown eyes and wears a camping jacket, gloves, a white t-shirt, a satchel, and some pants and shoes.

Stand Name: Mr. Blue Sky
Stand Namesake: The song Mr. Blue Sky by Electric Light Orchestra
Stand Appearance: Mr. Blue Sky is humanoid with a long, brightly colored robe with a fluffy center around it's neck. The rest of it's body is mostly blue, turning orange, yellow, red, and the feet to knees are blue gas. Their head is covered in blue gas, but you can see two blue glowing eyes and has Magnus' hair, but longer. They have claws.
Stand Type: Long-Distance Operation
Stand Stats:
Durability: C
Ability:
Gas: Mr. Blue Sky turns into a small, flammable blue gas that can move at intense speed and if set on fire, goes even faster with more damage.