• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Jungle Juice: NEONEST (RP)

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Happy birthday to me, here’s a Jungle Juice RP! Anyway discussion thread is in the place where discussion threads are, and there is a discord server. Let’s get right into it!

HIVE was a vast underground complex that housed most of the insect-humans still alive following the massacre ten years ago, as well as any sympathetic humans. Deep in the bowels of it, not quite at the center, lay the university that was the largest symbol of hope for the entonoid population: NEONEST. Modeled after the original NEST, this school maintained many of the same traditions through nostalgia, the greatest one being… the cure.

Not that Minji cared at all about that. Her antennae twitched, hands deep in her pockets, as she trudged towards the university. Sure, her forelegs got in the way more often than not and the wing carapace on her back made sitting a chore, but all in all, the past was the past, and she didn’t see much point in trying to pretend it didn’t happen. Being fused with the titan beetle wasn’t the worst thing that had happened to her— and hey, now she could outsquat anyone at the gym. Assuming they didn’t freak out first.

Minji yawned, waving halfheartedly to any people who passed at this ungodly hour of the morning, her mandibles snapping shut with her mouth. Being nocturnal meant that she was most awake around midnight and it went downhill until about noon— but the keyword there was “most,” because she was always tired; moving around all the beetle-added weight on her was a pain in the ass.

Though in no way did she have any idea why NEONEST thought it was a good idea to hold their entrance exam at approximately five thirty in the morning. The twenty-something ran a hand through her flop of reddish brown hair, careful to avoid the long antennae poking out of her head. Maybe my sense of time is just off. Like, really really off. Minji shrugged to no one and continued on her way.

By the time Minji arrived in the “courtyard” of the university— really more like an open area with some hardy plants toughing it out in the underground—there were already a few insect-humans there. Including a couple diurnal ones, which supported Minji’s thought that yeah, it was probably her own sense of time that was skewed. The ceilings were high, high enough to easily accommodate herself and other, more dedicated flyers, and the whole place was dimly lit with streetlamp-esque structures, so that light from building windows made them seem to glow.

Minji looked around, taking in the growing throngs of people. She didn’t know what was in store for them here, but she was sure it was going to be fun.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Korin Yujin
It had been some time since he had left home. Of course, he was sent off with some money and was still mailed an allowance every month from his parents to keep himself alive with. It wasn't much - how could it be? They already hadn't been all too wealthy before. And now, having to feed two Locust-People's mouth- ..mandibles? The earnings had been taking even more of a hit. Still though, it seemed his family back at home was getting along fine. Like Korin, they had found alternatives to eat. Things a normal person would never be able to bite through, nevermind digest. Wood. Other Insects. Leaves. Even some berries that used to be toxic to them before the spray disaster struck were now edible. Still though, even if they had a lot more food options.. not only did plants keep them fed longer but a grown man having to eat his own weight's worth of food everyday is quite a lot to digest. ..Literally.

Still though, the day had finally come here. The day where he could finally enter this school that he's been hearing all about from his family. Something about teaching bug people how to bug. And people too. Probably. Thanks to his Locust Genes, Korin could stay awake most of the day - from the early morning to past dusk were his best hours, heiring both the properties of a solitary and gregarious locust. (As both are often interchangable with the same locust depending on its lifestyle.)

On his way, Korin tucked at his clothes to make sure they hid his parts correctly. The family's passed down straw hat, hiding his pair of antenna. The scarlet scarf over his mouth, covering the mandibles underneath. The large, dark-gray leather jacket over a light-gray tank top, his second pair of arms wrapped around his torso underneath all the clothing. The baggy, black leather pants with a dark-brown belt, his legs folded together within them. And to a finishing touch, worn, brown leather boots tucked into the bottom ends of his pants. For the unknowning passersby, he'd just look like a farmer's boy with some worn, slightly dirt-stained clothing.

When he finally arrived in the plaza that was the place of interest for the participating students, Korin finally revealed his hidden features. Briefly taking off his hat to allow his antennae some (literal) breathing room. Lowering his scarf to show his mandibles. Tying the jacket around his waist to stretch his second pair of arms. And.. to the surprise of some students looking at him, he rolled up the ends of his pants and unfolded his legs like a lawn chair's, now standing at his true height, looking like a four-armed guy on bug stilts. Of course, he was far from the tallest here.. still, it felt good to stretch his legs in the most literal sense possible. Of course, being around fellows like him also helped. Now, all he did was look around to find someone to talk to.

After a moment, he decided to just walk up to someone random and start a conversation while everyone was waiting. A girl with some fierce-looking mandibles, insect arms growing out her torso's sides and an elytra. Just from glance alone, Korin could already tell the girl had to be fused with some kind of beetle. Being a farmer's son, it's already required for him to know all about bugs and insects considering they can be a farm's either best friend or most dangerous enemy, all dependant on the species. To keep at somewhat of an even eye level, Korin just sank his upper body as his legs folded together sideways, facing away from each other and forming a sort of 'M' shape, his torso in the center.

" Hey! I'm Korin Yunji. I figured while everyone is waiting here, I could chat with some folk I dunno. Get talking with people I'm probably gonna be encountering plenty of times here. Mind if I ask what your name is? "

Waiting by a bus stop, a Young Man was hiding his dragonfly wings under a hoodie, his tail hidden in his trousers as he expected to soon began exam... Exam at Neonest.

He glanced down at the Little piece of paper. It was a flyer that was advertising the said school, quite nice with some beautiful Moth girl at the front encouraging students to take classes and believe in being cured.

Shiro sighed, suddenly a voice of an elderly Man took him out from his thoughts.
"So.. A new school today?" He asked.
"Excuse me?" Shiro turned to a Man. Grandpa around 80 years old, looking a bit weak, with only visible change of him being a bug human being his legs with spikes.
"I Just wondered.. S-sorry" Elderly turned his head away, as if worried if he made Shiro mad. The boy sighed and replied.
"Yeah.. I am going to try the entrence exam today" Boy replied, though his voice sounded tired, lacking the excitement of him getting to a new school.

"Whats troubling you?" The elderly asked him, noticing Shiro's tired form.
"Its Just.. Everything"
"What about your family?"
Shiro didnt answer this question.
"You dont get on?"
"Its Just me and my Grandfather.. And he is sick.. So.."
"Everything will be fine.. You will manage through this"
"People say that, but what if I dont?"
"Everybody does"
Suddenly a screeching sound of a bus stopping in front of them resounded and Shiro got up, calling to the Elderly.
"Come on this is us!" He said and walked up to the Man, raising his hand for him to take.
"Grandpa"
---

After getting his Grandfather back home, Shiro finally made it to the courtyard and then simply sat on a bench, willing to be alone at least for today while he waited for exam to start.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Minji’s antennae twitched as she turned slightly to see the spiky-legged boy who had approached her. A grasshopper, or maybe a cricket? Something like that. Subconsciously, her wings buzzed, the carapace that contained them opening and closing slightly with a soft clacking sound, as her mouth split in a grin. Her mandibles were fairly relaxed in a half-closed position. “Hey there!” she greeted in response, turning fully now to face him. “I’m Minji Sun. Good to meetcha!” She stuck out a hand to shake, though making a mental note to hold lightly if he took it. It wouldn’t be a very good first impression to violently crush someone’s hand, even on accident.

"Hya!" Natalia slammed the end of her tail into a wooden post at full force.
CRACK
She knew that scorpions did not use their tails like this naturally, but she felt that she had to. She was hybridized with a black fat tail scorpion after all. The little buggers produce a neurotoxin in their stingers and Natalia was not willing to risk using the business end of her tail properly if there was a chance someone could die from it. She was training in an empty room set up like a dojo, wearing only a short top and athletic pants, exposing the chitinous armor and claws of her arms and legs. As she spun around to deliver a roundhouse kick, her antenna-like hair whipped around sounding like strings of beads and lightly stinging her still human face.
CRACK
She was also very careful not to use her new claws when she trained, attempting to strike with her shins and closed fists. The reason is actually very simple; for some strange reason, her claws were able to inject the same neurotoxin as her tail!
CRACK
Having completed her training regimen, Natalia walked over to her bag, retrieving a towel and drying off the sweat that resulted from her workout. "I guess I should see about meeting other insectoids like myself." Talking to herself out loud, Natalia got changed and left the building, doing her best to hide her tail in her pants despite how uncomfortable it was. Not much she can do about it since she was in the outside world, hiding in plain sight.

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
Aja yawned as she hovered over the university. She drank the honey, that her bees supplied her to try to energize herself. It worked. Aja decided that, she would fly laps around the school until she was tired, or the exam started. Before starting, she decided to do some warmups. Just getting a feel for the place. 'Damn, I almost forgot to put my mouth guard on,'

They protect people from the venom that she excretes, which is 2 hours of pain, agony, and a burning sensation. She started to start her laps. At five laps, she caught pheromone signals from her mother, who exaggerates every little detail. Aja simply, responded with a leave me alone. After ten laps she saw a maybe Bettle girl and another guy, which she couldn't put her finger on. She decided to say hello.

(Also, what is the technology in this area, just wondering)