• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Just Your Average Pokemon Trainers 2.0

2nd character(sorry about that I adjusted it)
Name: Kathy George
Trainer class: Coordinator/Badge collector
Disability: Memory loss
Pokémon: Espeon(female) Umbreon(male) Pichu(Female) Tyranitar(Male) Shiny Gengar(Male) Flaffy(Female)
Service Pokémon: Pichu is trained to memorize directions and knows her way around the region so she can guide Kathy.
Appearance: shot brown hair and wears a leather coat with yellow trims and matching pants.

Kathy strolled down the road in the dark. "Which way again?" She said as she looked at Pichu. Pichu pointed left and they walked off in that direction. She then stopped at a tent. Their campfire had gone out and it was quiet. "What's that?" She whispered to herself. Pichu goes through her little backpack and pulls out flash cards and shows her the tent flash card. She nods "That's right!" She whispers in excitement.

"I've had him since I was 9, I found him in the forest," Jason said," He is my loyal companion and best friend," Jason suddenly started having a hallucination, this time it was about him falling into a black hole and being agonisingly ripped apart. He started screaming and fainted on the spot. When Jason came to he was in the Pokemon Center, Nurse Joy watching over him.

Last edited:
A little bit of irrational worry bubbled up in Daniel's throat as he watched the boy collapse before him, but he quickly dismissed. Daniel, of all people knew that the absolute worst thing to do when there was a casualty to handle was fly into a blind panic.

He looked down at the seatbelt of his wheelchair. His chair was only made to fit one, very small person in it, but could it possibly hold Jason until they got to a pokemon centre?

"Steven, I'm gong to undo my seatbelt. On my commad, I want you to place Jason in my lap, ok?"

As Jason was coming to, he saw Daniel and Steven as well. "Thank you for helping, next time just grab my Kirlia out of my bag, she knows what to do. I still have money left from my allowance, let me take you guys for lunch."

Kathy continues to walk down the road and sees a boy who had a disability just like her. "Do we know him Pichu?" Kathy asked. Pichu shrugs and jumps onto her shoulder. She stands there and tries to remember what it was called. Pichu held up a flash card that said "Disibility" Kathy snaps and said "That's the word!"

"Sure, that'd be great," Daniel agreed, "I'm starting to get hungry, and I'll bet that my pokemon are too."

"Punny!" Lopunny whinnied in agreement, "Lop, lop, lopunny!"

Daniel got the rest of his pokeballs out of his bag, and let his whole team out. Plusle sat in his lap, while Mightyena, Machoke, and Serperior formed a guard around the boy, Mightyena and Serperior taking the sides, while Machoke trailed behind Lopunny. Honchkrow, too lazy to use his wings, perched on one of the chair's handlebars.

With the Pokemon out and about, Jason was shocked at how many Pokemon Daniel had. " You have so many Pokemon," he exclaimed."the only Pokemon that I have that's mine is Treecko, I've had him for 3 years. Nurse Joy said he should evolve soon."

(Oh ok)on the way home steven turns around and see a girl staring at him "uh hi I'm Steven are you new round here I haven't seen you round and by the way I have a pichu to see"Steven sent Chu out

"Took me five years to get this many pokemon on my side," was all that Daniel had to say to that, "And I befriended most of these guys. Got stories to tell about each and every one of 'em."

And boy, was that true. In fact, the only pokemon that Daniel hadn't caught by befriending were his Lopunny and Machoke. Lopunny was given to him by his mother, specially trained to push his wheelchair, and relocate his joints when they dislocated (Which happened a lot), while Machoke had been received in a trade. Daniel wasn't getting along with his new flabebe, who wanted to battle rather than do contests, so he had traded it for a machop, who really loved to perform.

Woah, Jason thought, I wonder if he can give me some tips on catching Pokemon. "Do you think you can show me how to catch Pokemon like that, I'd love to have more Pokemon," Jason asked.

"Well," Daniel began, raising a contemplative hand to his chin, "You see, I don't believe in catching pokemon in the traditional way, if you know what I mean. If I found that one of these guys wanted to come with me, after I had interacted with them civilly, then, in the pokeball they went. Except for Plusle. I found her egg, and I looked after her because no-one else would. She seemed pretty happy to stay with me after she hatched, though."

Daniel opened his bag, to reveal another pokemon egg inside. "I found this little one just before I reached the pokemon centre. I found the body of what I assume to be its mother nearby, so I decided to take it with me, but unfortunately, I don't have any room for it. Say, how about you take care of it, since you want more pokemon?"

"No way, really," Jason answered," I'd love that! What Pokemon is it," Jason asked. He finally realised that Daniel was his one true friend.

"Hard to tell," Daniel answered as he looked down at the egg, "Honestly, its mother's body was so badly mangled that I couldn't make out what species of pokemon it was at all."

The egg was cool and smooth in Daniel's bony hands, like the fine china mug that his mother loved, back home. Cool, smooth and fragile, and it absolutely could not be left out without so much as a mother to care for it when it hatched.

"I think that we'll find out soon, though. Look."

A tiny crack was beginning to form in the top of the egg, as the cry of a baby pokemon could be heard, very faintly...

Jason watched the egg crack open in Daniels hand, it was the egg of a Gastly. "Whoa, that's amazing," Jason said," I've always loved Gastly!"

"Gastly, huh?" Daniel remarked, "Strange, since you don't normally get them around this part of Kalos. Then again, I found my Plusle's egg in a country where you're not supposed to find plusles anywhere."

The tiny, gaseous creature floating around the remains of the egg cried faintly, as it looked for a mother to latch onto. Daniel directed it towards Jason, as Lopunny passed him his phone, "Now, we need to get to a pokemon centre. This pokemon needs to be checked over, and then, you'll need a pokeball for it. It's too little to survive on its own."

At the Pokemon center Jason got a poke ball for his new friend. Nurse Joy showed Jason how to do simple medical procedures on his Pokemon. "I think I might become a Pokemon doctor, it seems very filling in life."

"Sounds like a good plan," Daniel agreed, as Plusle hopped out of his lap onto the ground, "That's what my mum does back at home. She uses all of her pokemon to help her when she's dealing with patients. Her electabuzz is practially a living defibrillator."

Jason decide to go to the nearby Pokemon medical school to learn to be a doctor. He would still be around, and he might have more Pokemon. " Next time we meet, we should have a contest of some sort. Like maybe a race for our Pokemon to compete in," Jason struggled to say, as his Kirlia was fighting back a vision. Reality folded around him and his knees started to wobble, but Kirlia held him up. Suddenly, Kirlia evolved into Gardevoir. " Amazing!" Jason said." Kirlia evolved, the vision is gone!"

"Nice," Daniel replied in tesponse to the sudden evolution. "And yeah, you go for whatever you wanna do. I'm headed to a contest tomorrow, so you might catch me on T.V."

And Lopunny wheeled him outside, to the pokemon centre's battle grounds.

Jason started off to train his new Gastly in the forest. He encountered a horde of Poliwags and took them out with leaf tornado after Gastly used Shadow Ball which Jason had taught him with TM's. He also knew Hypnosis, Dream Eater and Dark Pulse. His Gastly became level 6 andJason decided he best get home, for it was getting late.

With training over for the day, Daniel retired into the pokemon centre, to complete his final preparations for his approaching contest. Tomorrow's performance was going have a heartbreak theme, so it seemed only fitting to use heart seals on his pokeballs.

His costume was to have a dishevelled look to it, to further complement the theme. And as he settled into bed for the night, he couldn't help but smile over how he was going to wipe the smirk off of that girl's face...

Jason woke up in a cold sweat after a nightmare that he had been having. It had been about him going to his own funeral after he had died from a strange, floating Pokemon. " Gastly come out and use Hypnosis please," He said,"I wonder what that dream meant?" Jason was called in the morning to be the emergency doctor for the Pokemon contest.

Last edited:
The spotlight flickered down at Daniel as he wheeled his way onto the stage, pokeballs in hand.

"Lopunny, Honchkrow, go!"

The two pokemon emerged from their pokeballs, in a flash of light and a flurry of sparkling, multi-coloured hearts, which floated up towards the ceiling.

"Lopunny, use attract! Honchkrow, use psychic!"

Lopunny set of off a wave of shimmering pink hearts, which floated up towards the ceiling as well, joining the multi coloured ones which had erupted from the seals. Honchkrow used psychic on his master, lifting him up, out of his wheelchair, to join the growing mass of hearts.

"Now, Honchkrow, use payback! Lopunny, use dizzy punch!"

And with that, Honchkrow let off a dazzling array of popping purple sparks, as Lopunny punched the hearts, causing them to shatter and fall onto the stage. Honchkrow lowered Daniel back into his wheelchair, and the trio finished just as the last of the heart halves were dissipating onto the crowd. The applause was deafening.

Jason watched Daniel's performance in awe. He had never seen such a magnificent performance. He was doing a routine checkups on all the performers after they left the stage, as well as the Pokemon. He finished checking a girl with braids and her Alakazam, Clefable and Gengar. The performance hadn't been nearly as astonishing as Daniel's performance. Her outfit was a red, upside down heart with a stitched crack in the middle. Her Gengar had taken a nasty fall after her Alakazam had lost focus of it's Psychic. The Gengar was fine, but he was bruised on his right arm.

Lopunny wheeled Daniel offstage, as the next coordinator and his pokemon got ready for their appeal. Though he was completely unscathed, Daniel knew that passing the offstage check-up before he went back into the lounge, to see if his performance had impressed the judges enough to land him a spot in round two was unavoidable.

As Lopunny pushed him into the room, he was incredibly surprised to see that it was... Jason? Had he really completed his training that quickly?

"Do you want me up on the exam table, or should I stay in my chair?" he enquired.

"I saw your performance, I just need to do a routine checkup," Jason said.
"Alright, I'll stay in the chair," Daniel said. Jason took his heart rate, breathing and vision.
"So how did you finish your training already?" Daniel asked.
"Big secret, I was already a certified doctor, also, I caught/bonded with a Clefable, it's a shiny. It is very good at Heal Pulse and Moonlight. I got her as a Cleffa and we naturally bonded. Evolved during my practice test and awed the judges," Jason explained.
"Good for you," Daniel said.

Daniel's Lopunny hopped behind his wheelchair again, as Honchkrow fluttered up to the left handlebar. "The last performance is about to start. I'd better get back to the lounge, so I can prepare my ball capsules for the second round... If I make it."

And Lopunny pushed him out of the back door into the lounge, as the second-to-last coordinator and their pokemon entered the room.

Jason watched Daniel wheel away. He regretted letting him know he was the youngest doctor in the world.
"Clefable, do you know what I'm gonna do?"Jason said to himself," I'm gonna be the best doctor in the world."

Daniel watched closely as the last performer executed her final trick... She was standing on top of her onix, as her jynx drew heart-shapes with its ice beam in the air, for the onix to smash with its iron tail.

And then she slipped off of her pokemon.

And then the onix accidently hit her, throwing her across the room.

Daniel cringed as she landed in an uncomfortable position, and the judges ran over to her. That couldn't have been fun! It reminded him of the time when he dislocated his arms and fainted in front of everyone at his first double performance...

Jason ran over to the girl shouting," Clefairy, Heal Pulse!" It didn't do much, but it helped her a little. He carried her over to the table for examination. "From what I can tell, she has multiple fractures and a few broken ribs. I need to do a more thorough examination with X-ray," Jason said," Take her to the ER immediately."

After a delay of about half an hour, the results of the first-round appeals were posted up on the screen.

Daniel watched the first profile appear. It wasn't him. Then the second. No luck. Then the third, fourth, and fifth...

And finally, Daniel's profile appeared on screen, assuring him that he had passed through to the battle rounds. By the looks of things, that girl from before hadn't made it past the first round, assuming that she'd even chosen to enter in the first place...

"Plusle, Machoke, I'm going to need you next," Daniel instructed.