• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Kanto league tournament

Layla took a step back when Zack started yelling. She should have stepped in when she had the chance. She thought Zack was past this whole outburst thing but it turns out he just has some serious anger issues. Layla was surprised that what seemed like such a silly topic bothered him so much. She also took to heart what he said about her and Hazel, guess he made the decision for them on what they are. She watched Zack storm out with concern. Only after Nion said something did she look down and see Hazel crying. She kneeled down next to her feeling like she should say something but she really didn't know what to say. She didn't know what was going on with Zack because he wouldn't really open up to anyone. Layla tried to be as comforting as she could even with how confused she was was. "I'm sure he'll be fine.. Probably just needs a moment to cool down, A lot has happened I guess." She also just realized that Zack just made thier kiss public to anyone that didn't know about it. Nothing she could do about it now.

Nion took the threat like nothing Nion just had a realy bruh realy type of face. Nion then had an idea it was so stupid it might accualy work. "Oh don't mind me I guess I'm just realy good at spying on hazel you know she does look nice naked "Nion said testing zack. "You know what I think I'll go spy on her after this yes that's right I came in your room and spyed on her this morning"Nion said walking over to the waiting rooms door and opening it. "Oh how hazel just wants me to be gone but you know what I bet she looks good with her underwear off"Nion said winking at Layla. Nions plan was since hazel didn't notice Nion was in the room he'd get knocked out by zack and zack would save the day Nion knew the idea was off by a long shot but it might just work if things go planned out like he wants them to. Nion just stood there giving zack the do your worsts look.

"Man, you got some anger issues Zack." Riley said aloud as he watched the whole scene escalate. He watched as Layla went to comfort Hazel when she started to cry. From what Riley saw, it looked like he had no respect for Hazel at all. He watched as Nion element to confront Zack, but it was pretty obvious that wouldn't turn out well. All Riley wanted to know was some background information on Cortez but now he would have too figure it out himself. Riley took a deep breath as he tried to figure out what he was going to do.

Zack was just about ready to kick the shit out of Nion for what he'd been saying, but instead just got up, and walked the other way. He wasn't about to get arrested for murder because of terrible insults.
"You are a horrible lier Nion. There's no way you could have seen Hazel naked, because I was with her the entire day, and she never changed clothles except for her shorts, which she changed in a locked room with the window shades down. Plus, if you had been spying on her, your face would be bloody and broken by now," Zack told him, not falling for his bullshit. Then he shook his head a bit.
"Oh! And one other thing. There's a camera right above your head that was probably recording that entire little speech of yours. Good job Nion, everyone knows your a perverted freak," Zack said before exiting the arena. He walked with his head down while he moved towards the hotel. As he was walking a TV in one of the restaurants was already showing the tape of Nion. Zack laughed a bit at it, wondering how embarrassing that must feel. Then he switched his mindset back to serious. He wasn't having anymore outbursts, wasn't hurting anyone else, and wasn't getting involved with those people anymore. That's the last time I get involved with those guys. Whenever I'm near them bad shit happens. I mind aswell pack my shit and leave. Zack decided, trying to stay away from other people and cameras. Even with all the drama and crazy shit over, that didn't mean that Zack would go unnoticed. Upon making it to his room he locked his door and started packing up all his stuff.

Hazel calmed down a little, still quivering her lip and sniffling a bit.
"S-So he kissed you? Were you guys together?" Hazel asked, wanting to talk about something else to calm herself down. Then she noticed all the TV's begin playing the same clip. It was Nion confessing about really inappropriate things he'd been doing. That just made her more scared and confused and she started crying all over again.

Nion realized it was just another stupid idea when zack told him he then saw the camera. What zack said realy did hurt and Nion just thought go to hell zack I'm trying to help you and your a God damb lost cause Nion could only think of that but he was done with this shit he was the first one to ever talk to zack he was a regular boy looking for a ruby a God damb nice boy and now he's a fucking confused boy who needs someone to God damb talk some sence to him. Nion just got up. "I'm a real bastard a dick an asshole everything just fucking bad."Nion said kneeling on the ground crying. Nion then realized zack Isent gonna stick around for this shit. Nion realized it's all because he couldn't keep his mouth shut. ".............."Nion just looked at the rest of the others emotionless. "I need to finish what I've done"Nion said before riding his Dodrio to the hotel Nion didn't care about the tv or what happened he just wants to save his freind. He went to zacks room and tried to open the door and it was locked Nion kicked it down. Nion saw zack packing up his stuff and Nion tackled him. Nion looked at zack crying. "I am so sorry for everything's that's happened to you but I want you to forgive yourself I was the first to talk to you you were just a regular boy looking for a gem and damb were you a nice one to kick ass kong fu moves to pressure points you were a good freind the best one could ask for but to see you know is making me depressed I didn't talk for nothing to being framed of being a person who did drugs to becoming a psycopathic clown to leading to now I'm a pervert that's what the reporters say and it don't matter but yeah actually I did jump in your bath tub because I was hiding from reporters but the thing that matters is that you can kill me right here but I want you to know your a good person and I think that and you can't change what I think about you your a good person"Nion said crying but getting off zack and sitting on the ground by zacks bed.

Zack showed no emotion for anything Nion just said, and instead got up from the ground and closed his suitcase.
"Why the fuck did you come all the way up here, bust into my room, and tackle me to the floor to ask me to forgive myself, and rant about your bullshit, when you don't even know if I have forgiven myself or not. Honestly Nion, your completely retarded in my mind, but I do forgive you, even though I was never that mad at you, if it helps," Zack said before stepping over him and walking it the broken down door.
"Your paying for that just so you know," he called back before turning the corner. He got outside and sent out Torch, and hopped on.
"Alright bud, take me to the old hotel. NOT because I'm depressed and want to be alone... Well, that's part of why but not the main reason. I want to see if there is any evidence we can use to help out in taking down Neo team rocket. It's just a feeling, but I can't shake that Neo team rocket is connected to Cortez and the manager. This entire damn tournament is fishy," Zack explained, as Torch shot off into the sky. He landed not to long after departure and got off Torch. Zack took a breath, and started walking around. After a while of looking something caught his attention. He walked over to a plastic thing he still couldn't make out. He got on a knee and picked up the object. Zack's eyes widened at figuring out what it was.
"Hell yes! It's the syringe Riley was injected with. And there's still some of the stuff inside from what it looks like. I'm definitely showing this to ever- to... Drew maybe. He's the only one not caught up on all the drama, and figured he should talk to someone.
"Torch, take me to the hospital. That's probably where Drew is after the paramedics took him away," Zack ordered getting on Torch. He understood and rocketed towards the hospital. He got there quicker than expected, it was a shorter trip than the last. He returned Torch and walked in. A lady behind the main desk asked him to wait in a chair in the lobby while Drew was rung down.

Hazel is still crying.

From the sound of fireworks Cortez walked to the stadium. " It was almost over. His plan for Kanto would be complete." he smiled as he slowly readied himself for this.

Drew walked out of his hospital room fully clothed. He looked and saw Zack in the waiting room. " Zack?" He said before moving a little closer. "What are you doing here?" He asked. Chloe walked behind Drew and stopped beside him as she saw the man. " Hello I'm Chloe." She said.

From outside the stadium, Riley could hear the sound of fireworks. The finals were about to begin. After finally figuring out a strategy, Riley had gone to get lunch and had arrived in the stadium. "Excuse me, but it's been awhile since our last face to face conversation, wouldn't you say?" A familiar voice asked. Riley turned and gave a cold glare to the manager who had a smirk on his face. "How about we go to a more secure place for this conversation?" The manager said as he motioned Riley to walk with him.

After walking in silence for a few minutes, they finally reached the room. After the manager talked to the two guards, they went inside. It turned out it was one of the rooms only reserved for the manager as it overlooked the entire battlefield. "Like the view?" The manager asked as he poured himself some wine. Riley could see that the entire stadium was filled to the brink and could even hear some screaming through the soundproof glass. "Want any?" The manager asked. "Why am I here?" Riley asked coldly, not wanting to play any games. The manager took a sip from the glass before he placed it down on the table. "Today is a big day for you, so I just need to remind you about something. If you get destroyed by Cortez, I lose all the money and I'll be in debt. I'll have people coming for my head, do you understand?" The manager stated in a more serious tone. "I thought you said Cortez was a business partner?" Riley asked, a bit suspicious. "Yes, that's why I need it to be a close match or you destroy him. People have been observing your battling style and they like it. It will look bad on all of them who have betted on you, just for you to lose horribly. They'll be coming after both of us!" The manager raised his voice. Riley grinned at the manager's fear. "Well let them come." Riley said calmly as he headed for the door. The manager stayed silent before chuckling. Then he got serious again. "You have no idea who you're getting involved with boy." The manager said, hoping to get his attention. Riley stopped for a moment, considering if he should respond. Instead, he just walked out and headed down to the waiting room.

Once Riley got to the waiting room, he looked around to see if Cortez was in there yet. Riley wanted to have a word with him before the match if possible.

After a little waiting Drew and a girl he hadn't met before came into the lobby.
"Hey Drew, I'm glad to see you're ok. I haven't been having the greatest time with the others and figured your the only one I could talk to without ripping my hair out. So I wanted to show you this," Zack said before pulling out the syringe.
"It was what Riley was injected with, and there's still some stuff in it. I thought you might me interested. Also, hello Chloe, I'm Zack. Nice to meet you," he said with a smile. He hadn't talked to someone who thought of him as a crazy person in a while, and it felt good.

Drew looked at the serenge. He looked at the liquid and moved it in his hands. He tasted it then spat it out. "It's some liquid but I don't think it's." He said as he looked at Zack. " You say Riley was injected with it?" he asked. He then thought about something. He took out his phone and showed him a picture of a weird parasite drawling he found. " maybe the liquid wasn't what was harmful." He said.

Cortez waited at the stadium for his opponent.

It turned out that Cortez had already taken the field. When Riley walked onto the battlefield, the crowd roared and cheered for him. However, Riley was focused on his opponent. "Listen here Cortez. I don't care who you are, I'm going to defeat you!" Riley told Cortez. Riley waited for the announcer to let them start. He reached for a pokeball on his Pokébelt but continued looking at Cortez. As soon as the announcer said 'go', Riley sent out his Dragonite. The dragon roared which caused the crowd to get excited for the battle.

Cortez looked at the boy he couldn't help but think that he looked familiar. ' Just your head playing tricks.' He thought. " Go blastoise." He said. " Yawn." Cortez said. Blastioise put his hand over his mouth as he yawned. ' let's see what this boy is made of.' he thought.

"So are you saying Riley was injected with a parasite? And the liquid was just there to keep it alive? Damn that's some fucked up shit," Zack guessed, a little disguisted there was a parasite inside of Riley. He still didn't feel that bad for him, because Zack was still pissed at him. Still, no one deserved a parasite inside of them.
"Well if that is the case, we need to do something about it soon, like right after the finale. Otherwise Riley might die or something," Zack said, looking at Chloe.
"Uh, how much of this do you know about?" Zack asked, wondering if she had any idea what they've were talking about.

Riley grinned as he watched the Blastoise yawn. Too an inexperienced trainer, it would look that dangerous but Riley knew what was going on. He cursed under his breath as he realized he wouldn't be able to one of the strategies he had brought Dragonite out for. Good thing Dragonite outsped the Blastoise. Dragonite flew at the Blastoise with electricity flowing from its fists. Riley had commanded Dragonite to use thunder punch. It went into Blastoise's yawn attack and delivered a nice punch to the Blastoise's chest area.

Blastoise wince. It was still recovering from that pinsir's X scisor. " Return." He said " Go Nidoqueen." Cortez smiled. Judging by how riley usually fights he knew what his next move would be he just needing the little boy to fall into his hands.

Riley clenched his fists when he saw the Nidoqueen. He was pretty sure that Cortez thought he would switch out Dragonite. "Dragonite, use outrage!" Riley told Dragonite. The dragon roared and charged at the Nidoking, ready to give a brutal beating.

Cortez smirked as he looked at Riley.' exactly as I predicted.' he thought. " Now." He said. Nidoqueen grabbed the dragonite by it's wings as it fired a beam of ice at it. " Here's an idea boy when you attack someone in a close range move make sure you knock them down." He said.

Riley's jaw dropped when he saw Dragonite get hit by the ice beam at such close range. "Damn you!" Riley yelled as he watched as Dragonite was slow to get up. It looker seriously injured. The crowd roared as they saw Dragonite in pain. "Get up Dragonite! Use outrage one more time!" Riley ordered. Dragonite grumbled before it charged at Nidiqueen one more time.

Nidoqueen smiled as she simple moved out of the way before sending a thunder bolt at the Dragonite. " What Damn me." Cortez said with a stupid look on his face. " But boy I wasn't the one that went into this half cocked." he said.

Dragonite fell to the ground, unconscious after taking the powerful thunderbolt. He recalled Dragonite as he glared at Cortez. "Hold your horses old man. This battle has only just begun." Riley said before he sent out Alakazam. He wondered what Cortez was going to do now.

"Return." He said "Go Magneton." He said as he looked at the younger boy. " Flash cannon." He said. The ends of magneton came together and fired at the Alakazam.

Sweat ran down the back of her neck when Hazel asked her if they were together. "Oh uh, well... yeah we did kiss, b-but we weren't together or anything. But it's seems pretty obvious the kiss didn't mean a lot I guess. I'm sure he will come around a see how good you are for each other." She hoped that would make her feel a little better. She was worried about Zack but trusted that he could fix himself up well enough. For now she owed it to Riley to watch his match, even if she had full confidence that he would win. She watched the battle from the Tv, hoping she could focus on the battle and that Hazel was calming down. She held Hazels hand lightly to calm her down but now her grip was subconsciously tightening as the battle went on. She flinched when the dragonite was caught and an ice beam was fired right at it. "Come on Riley." She mumbled with her full attention on the battle.

Alakazam managed to tank the attack. It still did damage, but it wasn't that much. "Okay Alakazam, charge up a focus blast!" Riley commanded. Alakazam closed its eyes and focused its energy, formed a sphere of energy between its hands. "Now!" Riley shouted. Alakazam nodded and teleported right behind the Magneton before firing the blast at point blank range.

unable to doge the attack the Magneton crashed to the ground. "not bad." He said as he looked at the man. " Go magmar." He said. " use flame charge." The magmar ran towards Alakazam. As he did fire erupted on all sides of him.

Alakazam took the hit and was sent flying towards Riley, who had managed to get out of the way. When the smoke cleared, Alakazam was down. "Damn." Riley muttered under his breath before he returned his Alakazam. The crowd seemed excited about the match since it seemed very close. Riley sent out his Machamp next and ordered it too use stone edge. Machamp flexed its muscles before sharp powerful stones went at the Magmar.

Magmar screamed in pain but stayed in. " Use Flame charge again." He said "fallowed by a power up punch." he said. Magmar nodded as it ran towards machamp as the fire burned around it.

Due to Machamp's ability, it could not dodge the attack. Machamp covered itself with its arms too lessen the damage as it took the hit. Once the fire around Magmar started going down, Machamp counter attacked. It used its arms to then grab the Magmar and then used stone edge once more.

Cortez saw magmar faint. "Return." He said. " Go Alakazam." He said. He smiled a little bit. " Use physic." He said with a sinister smile. Alakazam's eyes started to glow blue as it looked at Machamp.

Riley cursed under his breath as he watched the super effective attack take out Machamp. Riley returned Machamp and sent out Gengar. "Shadow ball right now!" Riley commanded. Gengar smiled at the Alakazam before shooting the ball of energy at the Pokemon.

"Pshyshock." He said as Alakazam let out the attack before being hit. Do to it's battle against that other gengar it wasn't able to recover it's defensive capabilities making it be knocked out in one shot. " Go Blastoise." He said as he watched Alakazam's move fly towards the Gengar.

Hazel didn't really believe what Layla said, she figured Zack didn't like being around her because gen liked Layla more than her. She sensed Layla wasn't comfortable with the conversation so decided not to go further with it. She had calmed herself after watching a bit of the battle. She was still shook but not enough to make her cry. She was really nervous Riley would lose she'd forgotten about the outburst that she just witnessed.
"Oh no, that Blastoise might not look good for Riley. I hope he wins this, that Cortez looks really fishy. Uh, c-could you stop squeezing my hand s-so tight? It's starting to hurt," Hazel asked, feeling the pain of the tight squeezing.

"Gengar dodge and use thunderbolt!" Riley ordered. Gengar swiftly dodged the psyshock and then fired a thunderbolt at the Blastoise. Lightning came down from the sky and struck the Blastoise. "Keep going!" Riley commanded. Gengar nodded before more thunderbolts started striking all over the battlefield. The lightning storm caused the crowd to go wild.

Blastoise took the attack barley and looked at the gengar. He was very pissed off. " Cortez said a move as water appeared around the blastoise healing him. " Surf." Cortez said. A wave of water came behind Blastoise and went straight towards Gengar.

Gengar smile quickly turned into a shocked luck and braced itself for the coming impact. However, it didn't even make it past the first wave of water as it had already feinted. Riley had the unfortunate part of standing behind Gengar and nearly drowned in all the water. He coughed out water as he stood up and glared at Cortez. "I-I'll get you for that." Riley said as he returned Gengar and sent out Jolteon. "Use volt switch now!" Riley ordered. With the choice specs on, Jolteon's special attack was raised which meant the Blastoise would probably be finished. However, Riley would have to switch out Jolteon. Jolteon sent a powerful bolt of lightning right at Blastoise.

"Return." Cortez said as he looked at the downed blastioise. " Wow took out four not bad." He said with a hint of respect in his voice. " your parents must be proud." He said as he sent out his primeape.

Riley grinned at Cortez's statement. "Yeah, not bad yourself." Riley said as Jolteon returned to its pokeball. Riley raised an eyebrow when Cortez mentioned his parents. "Yeah, maybe if I had any." Riley said in a cold voice before he sent out Charizard. Riley hated when people mentioned his family because he didn't like too think about it. Riley closed his eyes and took a deep breath. 'Maybe they would be proud.' Riley opened his eyes and pointed at the Primeape. "Charizard, air slash right now!" Riley was not going to get caught off guard. Charizard roared and created air razors that were sent flying at the Primeape.

"Doge." Cortez said as the primeape barley dogged the attack. ' So he's an orphan.' The boy's features continuing to stir Cortez's brain. He shook his head. " Rock slide." He said as Rocks started to fall from the Sky. "You can take this however you want. But if I was your farther I would be proud of you." He said as he went back to focusing on the battle.

Charizard flew threw the rocks as it tried to dodge all of it but ended up being caught by a few. However, as Charizard was falling, it quickly regained its balance and flew directly at the Primeape and this fired another air slash even closer than before so it would be harder to dodge. Riley however, he didn't know how too respond to Cortez's statement. That was the first time that something actually said something like that too him and it made Riley feel... good. "Th-thanks I guess." Riley replied as he tried to put his focus back on the battle.

Primeape was taking down quickly. "Return." Cortez said. He looked at Primeape's ball and smiled you did a good job out there." He said before sending out Nidoqueen. "Thunderbolt." He said. "Light up the stadium." Nidoqueen nodded as she fired a thunder bolt at the Charizard. His mind drifted off. He thought of his two bastards. He wasn't there for them but he knew Alex went into some wealthy family while Daniel went off the grid. Then there was Ryan he disappeared after his wife was murdered. he wished he had a chance to be a farther for him.

Nion had been mostly shocked the tv then came on it showed the finals The mighty Riley vs the Socipathic cortex Nion just watched the battle not caring that I was zacks room. Nion had watched the battle and thought this was the coolest battle ever. "Wow had he not been serious about our battle well whatever"Nion said eating some popcorn. Reporters then came in the room. "Fuck this shit"Nion said before pulling out a gun and shooting himself in the head. But it had been a fake gun that only made noice and flashed. The reporters screamed running down the stairs. Nion just got up and had a good laugh that was until he was knocked out by one of the pigmen that came out of no where. Nion woke up in the same room as before. "Hello again I see we've really helped you"The pig man said. "Yeah I should thank you but this is realy getting old. "Well might as well show you my secret"The pig guy said before taking off the mask revealing Tomas. "Yep that's right Nion I was the one who saved you from confusion were in lavender town by the way sorry to say but this is the last time you'll be seeing me"Tomas said realy fast. Nion was going to say something but he woke up by a hospital he realized he had completely forgotten his job. Nion ran into the hospital and he ran up to the counter and got a pass so he could go to drews room. Nion wanted to be funny so he started playing he wanted to be nice to drew but he saw zack. Nion now had a reason to play the song. "Drew my man how's it going"Nion said walking over to drew and seeing the thing that was injected into Riley. Nion pulled out his revolver that was real and pointed it to the syringe. "Wtf that thing does stuff to people ok just wtf man why do you have that in here knowing the people now A days all we could know is someone out there wants the hands on that and all we know those couple of drops could be the last of it so you need to put that thing away man"Nion said putting the gun away. "sorry for over reacting about the syringe oh and zack I'm sorry too"Nion said looking at Chloe realizing he sucks at his job already and it hasn't even been a minute. "So drew how's your everything feeling?"Nion asked.