• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Law and Liquor

Kitri emerged uneventfully from the top of the stage, save for the hoots and hollers of the few who were already drunk, and a small announcement that she was on stage.

She git in position, as the spotlight flickered on, and the band started to play. "You can like the life you're living, you can live the life you like..."

Rocky settled in the stage to wait for a cue. He was amazed that Kitri voice was amazing. He began to hum the melody before his cue. The crowd began to holler and cheer.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Charles looked over at the thieves. He had his transport, a Pidgeot Gijinka named Gale, and his partner, The Purrlion Gijinka, come with him towards the entrance. "We find more thieves....or Gijinkas that want to be thieves. We find more of us....and no one will stand in our way." He said to them, "Gale....you got our Whirlwind ready?" Gale nodded to them and grinned. He opened his left and right wing. "You got it covered, John. This'll get us out in a quick situation." The Pidgeot Gijinka responded.

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
Villa saw Kitiri on stage and she began to sing. "Wow. So that Empoleon gijinka wasn't wrong about her singing. It's beautiful." He muttered while his toes tapped to the beat of the song.

"Like I said, I know talent when I see it. Maybe that's what I could do now, showbiz. Seem to have an eye for talent, so who says I'm not talented with this either. Could work on that 'ol junk 'o junk in the closet..."
He took a long gulp from his glass, then continued to watch longingly.

The rest of the band were already playing, their only cue being the sound of Kitri's voice, and tne necessity to come in bit by bit. She descended the staircase, stopping once she reached the bottom, and casting off her silver coat, revealing a shorter dress underneath.

"But nothin' stays, in fifty years or so, it's gonna change y'know, although it's heaven, nowadays..."

The brass band struck up as Kitri launched into a dance routine, possibly the most complicated she'd ever done, but it didn't matter, as long as a real vaudevillian noticed her. She loved this pit of booze and cigars, but she'd rather be up on a real stage, performing for thousands, instead of the few in Dapper Dan's. She'd rather that she be somewhere where she was appreciated for her talent, and not her....Assets.

She ended the piece with a cartwheel, gracefully catching a cane which had been tossed to her by the conductor.

SaiyanDakon

Charles and his partners exited the Pokemon Center. He looked around then sighed. "Once again.....I enter this despairing world....some make use of it....others suffer. We are one of the suffering ones." He said they started running quickly towards where the Gym was.

He claps from the bar, proud of Kitri's performance
"Way to go, ya brilliant broad you! That was one of the best performances I've ever seen, and I've seen almost every show from Nuvema to Lacunosa! Ya really do got something special, gal, and I'm confident that you'll go far, darling, I really mean it."
He got himself another drink from the bartender, then downed it, looking back at Vitri, but said the next part under his breath.
"Go for your dreams, V, someone around here has to..."

Marduk and his trio stepped forward and looked around only to find a familiar fat man wave at them. "Marduk, so glad you could join us, come, have a seat." Benjamin said as he looked between everyone in the trio. "So which one o'ya's fighting, hm?" He asked. "Gregory is." Marduk asked as he lightly gestured to the Houndoom Gijinka who looked at Benjamin with a sinister smirk. "Gregory huh? He don't look like much, but beggars can't be choosers I guess." Benjamin said, much to the trio's annoyance as Marduk and Amanda sat down whilst Gregory headed for the ring.

"If you think he's too weak, why don't we make things more interesting. I'll put 100 dollars on Gregory's victory." Marduk said with a smirk, Benjamin looked back and shared his confident smirk. "You're on, Gijinka." He said. "I hoped you enjoyed that bout as much as I have!" The announcer said as the crowd cheered. "And I'd like to give a special shout out to our man of the hour: Benjamin Frank III of the Crimson Bell!" He added as the crowd lightly clapped for Benjamin who stood up and waved briefly. "I would also like to thank him for joining us and letting his greatest fighter enter our ring. Everyone, please welcome, Harold Hellion!" The crowd started to cheer as a tall and muscular human man entered the room and into the cage.

Marduk whistled in amazement. "Harold Hellion. I can see why you're so confident now, to have one of the most dangerous criminals this side of Mistralton city. This might be more fun than I thought." Marduk said as he folded his arms and watch Gregory enter the cage. "And his opponent... Gregory of Hydreigon's Helm." The announcer said, a few people in the audience whispered among themselves, it sounded like they believed Hydreigon's Helm was just a myth. "Alright boys, I want a good fight, but the only rule is no Pokemon moves like Flamethrower or Thunderbolt. Other than that, anything else goes." The ref said before he stepped back. "Three, two one... Fight!" Everyone said before the battle between Harold and Gregory began.

(Internet's conked out, so expect slow replies...)

Kitri was pleasantly surprised by the outburst, unsure of what to make of it. It was nice to be noticed, even if not by the vaudevillian girl.

"You really think I have a shot with the big leagues?" she responded, "It'd be nice to think so. My name in lights, and me performing on stage in a big theatre is all I've ever wanted."

DoggoKing22

(Ok)

Villa clapped after Kitiri's performance. He got off his seat and walked over to Rocky, surprised about his bass playing skills. "Hey, Rocky. Awesome job with the bass. It was great." Villa said. He then looked at the time, "Shoot. I got to go to the stadium before the match starts. If you want, you can bring your old man with you. I'm sure he'll want to watch it as well. I'll tell ya what, I'll buy front row seats for you two, and Kitiri." He continued. Villa then off and went into the stadium locker rooms, right after he bought tickets for Kitiri, Rocky, and his father.

He nodded, downing another drink, then looking back at Kitri's once more.
"Why would I lie about someone's dreams? Sure I can crude and rash, but talk down on someone to crush their hopes and desires? That's an easy as pie thing to find the answer to. Just do me a favor an don't give up your dream like I did, and if the opportunity comes up for you to fulfill that dream, take the leap to get there, even if the gap is as big as a ravine."

In the cage, it seemed like both fighters were evenly matched. Harold delivered a flurry of merciless punches whilst Gregory did his best to avoid as many as he could, only a few managed to hit him, but the pain only made him more excited and he responded with a devastating uppercut which lightly launched Harold who fell backward. Gregory went to deliver another punch to Harold who laid on the ground only for the latter to quickly roll out of the way and deliver a powerful sweep kick, Gregory fell backward but quickly turned it into a back roll before Harold could do his next attack, so he improvised with a powerful kick to the upper torso which pushed Gregory back, after the hit, Gregory let out a light chuckle. "That's it Harold. Keep 'em coming!" Gregory said as he charged forward and quickly dashed to Harold's left side, jumped, and began to do a horizontal corkscrew followed by a devastating kick to the head which caused the crowd to flinch. "That's gotta hurt." One guy in the crowd said as Marduk looked in amusement, Benjamin however looked in slight shock as Harold fell to the ground, whether the kick killed him or not, he was down and out either way.

"L-Ladies and Gentlemen. Give it up for Gregory!" The referee shouted as he ran to Gregory and held his hand upward to show that he had won. The crowd cheered as Benjamin kept his shocked look before he looked at a smug Marduk who held out his hand. "A bet's a bet big guy. Pay up." He said. Benjamin mumbled faintly under his breath as he reached into his jacket and pulled out two $50 bills which he gave to Marduk who took them with a smile. "So I guess this means our business with each other's gonna go smoother like you said?" Marduk asked as he stood up and put the money in his pocket. "A deal's a deal. You should leave; not much happens after the fights are over." Benjamin said as he walked down to check on Harold. Meanwhile, Marduk and Amanda began to leave the fighting cage and beckoned Gregory to follow, and he did. "Excellent work out there Gregory, now Crimson Bell knows we're the real dead and made a lil' extra cash to boot." Marduk said as the trio made their way out of the club and alleyway. "I'd say we earned ourselves a drink." Marduk said as Amanda and Gregory cheered lightly.

"Thanks, I see you there", he said as he picked up his bass. He turned to Kitri, " You're amazing out there. Hopefully, you can make a big break." he said with a smile. "Well, I'm off. See you guys later", he added as he exited speakeasy.

"Funny, don't think I said anything about giving up," Kitri responded, "I'm never gonna do that. Got too much ambition, and hopefully too much talent to be stuck working for Dapper Dan's my whole life. So I gotta hope somebody notices me."

Kitri nodded, at the mention of the match. "Be there in five," she replied, "Just let me put some normal clothes back on first."

Rocky arrived home and greeted his pops. "Pops get your going out clothes because we're going to see a boxing match.", he said as he put down the bass back into the case. "We could only afford the back row you know", the Weavile gijinka said. " Don't worry pops someone will hook us up for the front row, but I am driving ok.", he responded. Weavile nodded of agreement and said, "Ok be careful this car is extremely precious to me". Rocky nodded and walked to his room to get ready for his acquaintance title bout.

SaiyanDakon

"Why the gym, John?" Gale asked. Charles stopped running and slowed down. He turned to the Pidgeot. "Why not the gym? Bug Gijinkas are bound to be there as well as Ghost types. They'll be really helpful assets." Charles replied to him. The Purrlion Gijinka nodded then looked down at the ground. He knows what to do... She thought.

"And I never said that you said that you were going to give up. I'm just telling you if you're going to succeed, do it like a champion. You want to surpass everyone who gets in your way or tries to bring you down. When you do that, you're stating where you stand in that relationship between the two of you, that you ain't taking nothing from them, and you show them who's in charge. I didn't do that, and look where I am now, running a shady loan company given to me by force by my old man. Yeah, it gets me the scratch to live like this, but it's real dirty work, stuff I'm ashamed to say I do."

Before the group decided to make their way to the bar, they were stopped by a random stranger. "You Marduk?" He asked. "Yes." Marduk replied. The stranger walked over to whisper in his ear. "Hydreigon's Helm members have arrived, you're to meet with them." After he whispered, Marduk simply looked at him and responded with a nod. "Change of plans guys, gang's here, let's go and welcome 'em." He said as he continued to walk, this time toward the warehouse at the harbor, Amanda and Gregory followed close behind. Once the warehouse was in sight, several Gijinkas were seen moving boxes of supplies off of a cart and into the warehouse. "Glad you could make it." Marduk said. "Hey boss, glad negotiations went through, we're just moving the supplies inside." One gang member said. "Good, keep it up. Once supplies have been put in, I want everyone capable of fighting to stand guard and protect this place." Marduk said as he and his trio began their management of the warehouse.

SaiyanDakon

Charles then began running towards the gym quickly, using his stamina while "Serena" ran next to him and Gale flew above them. He flapped above them quickly and turned around the corner towards the Gym Corner. Charles and "Serena" followed behind him on the ground.

Rocky Finished changing as well as his dad. "Ready to go pop", he asked. " Yup, Just please go easy on the car", Rocky father said. "Don't sweat it. I know you worked hard to restore it", he said as he gets the keys. They walked out and hopped in their Roy Royce silver ghost. Rocky started the engine and headed to the boxing match.
(Roy Royce silver ghost is a vehicle that was manufactured in 1906 to 1926.)

Kitri's face fell, at the mention of that. Had her mother had it her way, she'd have found 'a nice man', and she'd have been married with children by now. When she'd informed her that she was moving to Castelia City to pursue her dream of being a jazz singer, she'd been met with nothing but resentment.

"So, you're one of the unlucky ones, eh?" Kitri sighed, "Unable to escape daddy dearest's clutches. I know the feeling. Momma told me that if I left for Castelia City, I wouldn't be her daughter anymore. And I left anyway."

"Hey pops you want to see your old friend", he said as he continued driving. " I wouldn't mind seeing. It has been years that I haven't seem him.", The Weavile gijinka said. "Alright, first stop at speakeasy", Rocky said. The arrived at speakeasy and sees the empoleon Gijinka and Kitri. " Hey, Kitri sorry to interrupt but this is my pops Bruce or also known as Sabertooth.", he said as the weavile gijinka smiled and waved at them."By any chance, the boss is still here", he said.

Once the organisation was done, the once old abandoned warehouse seemed to now run like a well oiled machine as well as several Hydreigon's Helm members patrolled for trespassers. A few people who walked by looked at them with curiosity before going about their daily lives, a few of them unable to believe what they were seeing as just like the thugs from the other night, many people saw Hydreigon's Helm as just a myth to scare other gangs. "I'd say this is a job well done, guys. Once step closer." Marduk said with a smile as he made his way into the warehouse's office which almost looked more decorated than anything else in the warehouse.

Amanda and Gregory followed Marduk inside, Amanda decided to sit on the corner of the desk while Gregory leaned on the wall next to the door. "One of the gang members gave me a letter to give to you, says it's for your eyes only." Amanda said as she gave Marduk the letter. "Thank you Amanda." Marduk said as he sat in the office chair and opened the letter, which said-

"Marduk,

I got your message on your successful negotiations with Crimson Bell as well as your fight against their best man. Although you shouldn't let your guard down for a second (Even though you never have all your life.) Because if you beat their best man, then their gang might be a little more cautious. But I almost never believed you would be able to handle the negotiations so smoothly, I've clearly raised you well and am proud to have you as my son. I was planning on coming down to check out the new warehouse, but you know how hard it is to hold Opelucid together nowadays. Nevertheless, I trust you to keep up the good work and remember to take every opportunity for us to get stronger with extreme caution. We've stepped out of the shadows and I don't plan on us going back in.

Be strong
Your father: Gareth Magala."

-Marduk smiled warmly at what the letter said and folded it up before he put it in his coat pocket. "I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to get something to eat." Marduk said as he stood up and began to make is way out of the office. "I could eat. Even if not, I still have to come with; it is the Hydreigon's Helm's rule on always travelling in groups of three." Gregory said as he stopped leaning and followed Marduk, he lightly beckoned for Amanda to follow. "If only they changed it to groups of two..." Amanda thought with a faint blush as she followed the two out of the warehouse and through the streets toward a local bakery.

SaiyanDakon

Charles, Gale, and Serena looked over at the Pokemon Gym. "Let's go do this...." Charles said then started forward. Gale sighed then followed after him. "Come on, Sere...." He said to the Purrlion Gijinka. She followed quickly and stood next to Gale. Charles looked around the gym. He crossed his arms. "Abandoned.....very abandoned....but it looks like someone has been here recently. I certainly don't remember seeing a String Shot here last time we were here." He said, picking up the String Shot.

Kitri glanced back at the new double bassist, still wondering how far back Dan and his pops went. "Dan'll be with the bartender. Demand is going up for vodka, so he's been trying to negotiate a deal with our supplier."

Despite the prohibition laws, getting alcohol was surprisingly easy. The cops were too lazy to actually enforce the law, most of the time, so speakeasies like Dapper Dan's managed to hide in plain sight, attracting tons of customers.

"So he is not here then.", Rocky said. He looked at his pops and said," wanna wait for a bit. We do have time before the match starts" he added. Weavile nodded his head and said, " yeah it been years, so I can wait", his pops said. "Alright, then imma get something for us to drink", he said as he walked to the bar.

DoggoKing22

(Sorry for the inactivity, I did some thanksgiving stuff with my family. Hope you guys had a good thanksgiving as well)

Villa did his nightly routine before a match in the locker room: 30 push-ups, 30 sit-ups, 10 pull-ups with his tails, and seeing how fast he can throw punches. After he did that, Villa's coach, a Toxicroak gijinka walked into the locker room. "Oi Villa, 10 minutes left." The coach said. Villa gave a nod and a "Thanks, Chief". For some odd reason, Villa calls his coach, "Chief",when his actual name is Bruno. Bruno sat down next to Villa while Villa was putting athletes tape on his hands and tails. "Hey, Chief. You think I got this?" Villa asked. "Of course. Why? You think it's unfair because his typing overpowers yours?" Bruno replied. "Oh, no. I was just asking if I could be able to beat Mach. That's all." Villa said.

(Eh, no biggie, I had to do the same thing, just got home when I left at 8:00 AM PST, now it's 7:30 PM PST)
"Well, look who showed who! You don't need any family to tie you down or anything like that! I'll tell ya, if I could somehow go back in time and show my old man who's boss, I wouldn't hesitate for half a second. I didn't feel like I could refuse back then just because of how terrifying my father was, mercilessly killing folks on the streets as if he was huntin' animals for sport. Eventually, I sorta... became him... now I'm the one going around, beating the life outta folks just because I need some coin, then coming here, because all I can do after a job like that everyday is sit down, drink, and wonder where the hell my life got stuck in this roundabout. But nonetheless, I live like this, and if I want to live the way I do now, I gotta keep doing doin' this, survival of the fittest, see?"
He left his glass on the table, got up from his stool, and began walking
"Speakin' of which... looks like it's time to head back to the office once more... wish me luck... winter's comin', and that's a tough season for us. Oh and by the way... my name... normally not important, but it is now since you know so much about me... Carmanno. Leland Carmanno, son of Rico Carmanno."

Kitri thought about telling him her own name, but decided against it, upon hearing about his father. Mobsters were truly dangerous people, and thus, it didn't surprise her that one had made a monster out of a perfectly civil-looking gijinka.

"I think I get it," she said warily, wings unfolding. It was a purely instinctual thing, which happened when she felt uneasy, and she was starting to feel uneasy now. If a man like Rico Carmanno decided that he didn't like Dapper Dan's, the place would go boom quicker than a truck full of dynamite. And so would her meagre jazz career...

Marduk's trio went into the bakery and helped themselves to a few pastries. "It's not all that bad with what the police is doing nowadays. We could just continue to expand our gang as easily as selling cookies. But they'd put you behind bars just for having a pint and not for killing? Kinda ridiculous if you ask me." Gregory said in between bites whilst Amanda and Marduk nodded in agreement as they watched what looked like a few Crimson Bell gangsters walk past, each other were aware of their presence and merely traded a silent nod. "You sure we can trust Crimson Bell?" Amanda asked. "I mean, sure they're one of the top five gangs in Castelia, but..." She added as she took another bite of her pastry.

"These gangs are powerful for a reason, it may seem like we're buddy buddy with them, but the boss always said to never trust anyone outside of the family for even a second. Most gangs would follow the same code. They're likely gonan be more cautious after taking out their best fighter, so we sould be cautious too." Marduk said whilst Gregory and Amanda both nodded in agreement and ate the last of their pastry. "Anyone feel like a drink?" Marduk asked. "Oh sweet Arceus, yes." Gregory said whilst Amanda simply nodded with a sweet smile. The trio set off once again and looked for any place that seemed like the place for alcoholic drinks until they found and decided to make their way to the speakeasy.

SaiyanDakon

Charles shoved his hands in his jacket pockets and looked around the gym. "Serena, Gale. I think someone is in here. Hurry and walk with me." He said to them. Serena ran after Charles then stayed by his left side. Gale flapped his wings then flew above them. They had watched the Zoroark Gijinka for a while and noticed that he was on the edge. Charles glanced at Serena then he sighed. "Please don't as-" He was cut off when the three of them heard a sound: Fighting between two unknown people. Charles motioned for Serena and Gale to be cover while he pulled his hood over his head then went over to investigate the fighting.

"Eh? Gettin' scared a bit, doll? It's fine... I may kill for money, but destroy? I'd have to be askin' to get hunted down to commit a crime THAT bad, 'cause you can hide a murder pretty easy, but a bombing... you could hear that miles away and still come to where the thing went off, 'cause it's just that potent, destructive, and terrible. The only time I would even think of doing that... is for revenge, and I would have to be extremely desperate. I should be leaving, you too, ya got that boxing match to get to, right?"
He walked out the door, and returned to his office, walking to his closet, and was now holding a large silver object.

Kitri nodded, sighing, as she glanced back at Rocky. "Well, I'll be a minute in the changing rooms, and then we can go," she sighed, "Excuse me for just a minute."

The honchkrow wordlessly left to her dressing room, to put her usual coat and fedora back on. Tonight's encounter had been mighty strange, but she couldn't afford to let it bother her, not if it wasn't a direct threat.

She finished with a swipe of red lipstick, before heading back up to main area.

Rocky came back to his dad and handed him his drink.He turned to kitri. "Hey Kitri are you going to fly or I can give you ride. If you want", he said. He gulps his drink down."Pops don't worry. Anyways, We gotta go before the match start. Kitri you more than welcome to come along", he said.

"I said I was coming," Kitri responded, "I just needed some time to get ready, or did you want me to go out there looking like the speakeasy showgirl I am?"

The honchkrow gijinka straightened her collar. "I think I'd best take a ride. I don't know where it is, after all."