• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

League 2011 will be VGC11 Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
After recent discussions in the pokecharmsWFC chat, it's very obvious that after trying out Black and White people aren't as interested in holding a Gen IV league again as originally discussed. So, we're officially scrapping that idea altogether.

BattleLeagueLogo.png

Heed well: The next league, spanning July and August 2011, will a 4 vs 4 Doubles competition featuring the VGC11 rules.

We're not yet taking sign-ups for the league, but we heavily encourage anyone who's interested to start thinking about their teams well in advance and to try to be active around both the Charms Organised Play forum (aka. this board) and within our WFC chatroom. Due to complications during the previous league (namely people quitting for poor reasons and screwing up the scoring), we will be a bit more selective this time 'round with who takes part. We'll explain more on that closer to the date, but safe to say if you prove to us that we can trust you not to ditch without a justified reason, you'll be allowed in.

Now, to recap the VGC11 rules:

- Doubles matches, 4 vs 4, each set of 4 picked from a team of 6.
- No Pokemon of the same species in one team.
- All hold items must be unique.
- Gen V Pokemon only.
- Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Kerudio, Meloetta and Genosect are banned from use.
- Dream World abilities are banned from use.

In addition to these rules:
  • All battles will be contested under the Flat rules, meaning all of your Pokemon must be over level 50.
  • The Fair Game Clause is in effect: "If a player uses Explosion, Self Destruct, Perish Song or Destiny Bond to cause a draw, the user of the respective move loses".
  • Please review the League Format and Guidelines if you're unsure, or have forgotten, how the league actually works.

And that's it. Stay tuned for further league information, most importantly regarding the sign-ups, over the next couple of months. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
This sounds fun. I've always enjoyed doubles, and seeing as I'll have more time on my hands this year, it might be fun to give this another shot. Of course, I need the game first... but that can't be helped. ^^;

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
[me=Sir Red]weeps over not having been able to be there for this discussion to try and complain against Gen V only, but alas :T[/me]

If that's what's going down I'll prepare for Haxorus, Conkledurr and Hydreigon to be everywhere. :x

The one thing that I really like about this, though, is that for once the Battle Subway (formerly Frontier filled the role) will be able to be a proper training area for the league. :'D

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Sir Red said:
[me=Sir Red]weeps over not having been able to be there for this discussion to try and complain against Gen V only, but alas :T[/me]

If that's what's going down I'll prepare for Haxorus, Conkledurr and Hydreigon to be everywhere. :x

The irony here is that only one of those appears commonly in VGC11 play at the moment. Funny that.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
King of Lucario said:
Sir Red said:

The irony here is that only one of those appears commonly in VGC11 play at the moment. Funny that.

Which one? :X

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Hydreigon. Haxorus is extremely uncommon in VGC11 and Conkeldurr only tends to appear on Trick Room teams, and they've suffered a decline in popularity lately.

The next Clinic article will be all about VGC11 actually, so if you're planning on competing in the league I'd highly suggest looking it over to get a better idea of what you'll need to be ready for.

Status
Not open for further replies.