• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Before I say anything I need anyone that is here to read these first ----> Pokémon Role Play rules yeah once you read those then you may come ask me to join if you wish. Follow the rules, just please.

Alright so this is an RP that revolves around a character that you make and the characters other people make ( every RP ever made) so in this RP you will start off in your hometown (whatever you want it to be in the region of Kalos) you will go to the professor, Sycamore, to recieve your pokemon partner (if you have a question on whether or not you can use a certain pokemon send me a message of said pokemon's name) you will need a trainer informational card

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Hometown:
Backstory (optional):
Goal:

That'll basically be it for the info.
Then just type a little description of what happened on the morning of the day that Professor Sycamore gave you your partner Pokémon. Have fun guys

----------------------------------------------------
Plot: The year is XXXX and Kalos is going about its buisness as usual, but it's seen a decrease in trainers over the past years and they need your help to find more pokemon to fill out the Pokedex for scientific research. Are you up ti the challenge? Trainer.
----------------------------------------------------
Name:Jag
Appearance:Blue jeans with a blue shirt under his black hoodie with an Absol on it with grey sneakers. Black hair, Hazel eyes, and is tall.
Personality:Considering all the things that have happened in his life he is actually pretty laid back but mean and protective when needed.
Hometown: Lumiouse city
Backstory:After having is mother die to a pokemon of Team rocket in Kanto Jag and his father moved to Kalos to start anew. His father owned a shop there and Jag would often help out at the shop when his dad wasn't around.
Goal (s):To stop all crime organizations in the known regions, complete the pokedex, avenge his mother, and become champion of Kalos then return to Kanto to defeat the elite four (his dream)

Jag woke up one morning feeling really drowsy but that all changed extremely quickly when he received a letter from professor Sycamore to come down to his lab to recieve a pokemon partner, Pokedex, and pokeballs to begin his journey. "Dad I got a letter from the prof!" Jag exclaimed. "Really what does it say?" He asked. "It reads, dear future trainer we received your application on why you think you should become a pokemon trainer and go on your own journey after making many tough decisions we have decided that you and some other children with various skills and preferences of pokemon from Kalos will be the next generation of trainers. We will need you to pass by the laboratory as soon as possible to begin your journey. We'll see you there, Sincerely Professor Sycamore." Woah Jag this is huge for you! You should start packing your camping equipment while I pack you some potions, food, and other goodies for your journey!" "Already on it dad." And just like that Jag was out the door and ready to begin his journey.

Hi! Can I join this RP? I was in that last one with you that was thread blocked. My character was Harry. By the way, I think we are in different timezones, and that is why i was offline for so long on the last one, so please bear with me.

Name: Harry
Appearance: Ruffled brown hair, green eyes, Bug-catcher's cap, net in hand, t-shirt with a Pinsir on it, camouflage cargo shorts, and sandals.
Personality: More of a giver than a taker. He is very sweet and considerate, but he can get out of hand when he gets excited!
Backstory: As the son of the first ever Bug-type Gym Leader, Bugsy, he strives for greatness. Bugsy became an alcoholic when Harry was 7 on account of the constant praise and pressure from the media for handling Bug-types so well, so Harry was forced to move to Kalos where is father had moved when Harry was young. Harry was very excited to meet Viola, Kalos' very own Bug-type Gym Leader! He has lived in Santalune City for the last four years awaiting his first Pokémon from the famous Professor Sycamore himself.
Goal: To stand up for all the Bug-catchers out there and show everyone the power within Bug-types, and maybe, just maybe, see his mother again...

Harry woke up to the sound of his father's Chesnaught snoring in the room next to him. Over the years, the snoring had less and less of an affect on Harry, but this morning was different. Harry's heart had been racing all night because today he was going to meet his first Pokémon. Harry desperately wanted a Bug-type from the Professor, but he wasn't sure if he could be that picky. He turned to face his clock why was lying face down on the floor of the bedroom.
"I guess I was a little restless in my sleep..." Harry thought to himself.
Harry jumped out of bed and nearly fell on his way to his dresser. He picked out his favorite clothes and headed out his bedroom door. Harry's father knew how important today was for his son, so he had Harry's breakfast all ready by the time Harry got downstairs so that Harry could be out of the house early. Harry wolfed down his bacon and Fletchling eggs and started for the door.
"Wait a minute, Harry!" his father called, "I just want you to know that you and I may not see each other for quite some time. Going on an adventure is a serious undertaking. Are you sure that this is what you want to do?"
"I'm sure of it!" Harry replied, "I'm doing this for Bugsy after all."
"Good luck then," his father said.
Harry said goodbye to his father and left the house. He got on his bike and rode towards Route 4. On his way out of the town, he glanced over toward the Pokémon Gym.
"I'll be back for you some day," he said.
Route 4 was a straight shot to the gate of Lumiose City, which is where Professor Sycamore's lab is located. He zipped past the trainers on the path. They didn't ask him for a battle because they knew he didn't have his own Pokémon yet. As he entered the Lumiose gate, the guard asked him where he was going without any Pokémon. Harry replied that he was in fact about to receive his first Pokémon. The guard handed him a potion and bid him good luck. Lumiose City was the biggest city in the region, but that didn't frighten Harry because Harry often delivered the paper for people in Lumiose. Professor Sycamore's lab was in sight as Harry turned left. The adrenaline kicked in as Harry nearly flew clean past the lab. He stopped and looked up the stairs. There was another boy there speaking with the world-renowned Professor Sycamore.

Last edited by a moderator:
"So you're saying so that I can pick my own partner!" Jag asked the Professor, "Yes Jag you may pick you're own." The professor replied. "Then in that case, do you happen to have a Ralts lying around?" "Why yes of course. I am the professor of Kalos after all." The professor replied as he pulled a pokeball labeled "psychic" off the shelf with many other pokeballs, from dark to Bug, to fighting, and even poison, the professor truly had a lot of experience. "Here you are." Said the professor as he handed Jag the ball and a pokedex, "Great! Thank you professor! Also I think you might have more company down stairs." Jag said as he pointed at the door to see a boy that looked younger than him.

"Hi there! My name is Harry. I heard you were handing out Pokémon today so I was wondering if you could fix me up with one, too!" Harry said excitedly. "I would like a Bug-type, if that's all right with you."
Professor Sycamore reached up to the shelf and pulled down a Pokéball labeled "Bug" and handed it to Harry. Harry gazed at it with wonder and disbelief. He wound up his arm and give it a nice throw onto the floor of the laboratory. Out of the ball appeared a Yanma!
"Wow! This Pokémon was really rare back in Johto!" Harry exclaimed.
"Yanmaaa!" the Yanma cried.
"Hey Yanma -- wait a minute, I almost forgot to give you a nickname. How about... Kahlua! You like that Yanma?" Harry asked. Yanma cheerfully signaled that he was pleased with his new nickname.
"I think Yanma has taken a liking to you, Harry!" Professor Sycamore said.
"I think so too!" Harry replied.
Harry began to think about his future as a Pokémon trainer. He new very well that trainers that used only one type of Pokémon will not get very far on their adventure. However, there was no type of Pokémon that Harry loved more than Bug-types. Harry concluded that he would build a team based on a variety of Pokémon, rather than just Bug-types.
"So Jag, that Ralts of yours looks pretty tough... care for a battle?" Harry asked his new friend, Jag.

Name: Raiden Kenneth.
Appearance: Perfectly matching in blue, it is hard to believe, given his "upbringing." His hair is ratty but smooth. It's a miracle this boy is somewhat close to "presentable."
Personality: A very blunt kid, Raiden is somewhat a jerk and doesn't care for anyone else. On the occasion that he comes in contact with anything 'evil', he becomes grim, angry and grudgeful. During then, he is merciless, ruthless and overpowering in battle.
Hometown: Canalave City, Sinnoh Region
Backstory: As a child, both of Raiden's parents died in a plane crash. Out of 109 passengers, only Raiden, a crying infant made it out alive. The plane crash was said to have been caused by a Team Galactic Bomber, but nobody knows. Buying into the hype, Raiden is full of anger towards anyone like Team Galactic.
Goal: To get revenge on every evil person, whatever the odds. It is obsessed over enough that he drives himself to his own breaking point. He will go to every region to achieve his goal; and idealistic world.

RP: Raiden had been awake all night. Despite the fact that he was going to get a pokemon tomorrow, he couldn't sleep. He never could. Since childhood, Raiden had no one. He spent his days begging for food, or, even worse, hunting out the Zigzagoon in the desserted alleyways of Lumioise. A year previous, Raiden had boarded a product boat as a stowaway. It took him to Kalos, where he had lived ever since. He got up and shifted out of his patched up blanket that he used to sleep. He popped his "pillow," a Ziploc Bag that he filled with air. Today, everything would change. He came out of his alleyway and walked to the Lab. As he walked in, two boys were talking with Professor Sycamore. He walked up, and asked the Prof, "Hi. I would like an Eevee." The Prof looked taken aback at the boy's adamant attitude.
"Sure th-i-ng," He stuttered, handing Raiden an Ultra Ball.
"Is he scared?" wondered Raiden. He quickly dismissed the thought and grabbed the Ball. He sent out the Eevee and reached for the stone hanging around his neck on a lanyard. He showed the Eevee, and it began to change. It was evolving into a Jolteon! Obviously, the Jolteon had loved him at first sight. It hopped onto his shoulder and together, they walked out of the lab. It was time for Raiden to take his life into his own hands.