• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee Out Now!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
F3E48F19-8994-423B-865E-A53E3AD6D904.png

It’s been a long time coming, but Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! are finally available across the globe.

To celebrate their release, as some of you have likely already noticed, we’ve created a brand new forum section dedicated to all discussions about these latest Pokémon games. All posts previously found on the Alola Games forum have been moved to the Pokémon Games Discussion forum - the new location for all Pokémon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon chatter going forward.

But that’s not all. If you missed the news earlier, we’ve launched a brand new Flash Challenge focused on Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee creations. We’ll also be live streaming Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! tomorrow at 4:30 PM GMT/UTC (11:30 AM EST), with a chance to win a digital copy of one of the games if our target viewer count is met. Please see the articles directly for more details.

As another nice treat, check out this excellent tribute to the original English Pokémon anime opening from the Pokémon Company:

Have you had the chance yet to take either of the Let’s Go! games for a spin? What are your initial impressions of them? Drop us your thoughts in the comments, and have fun!

sSoul

Previously Swirled
So point is, you get to use Not Volt Tackle to vaporize evrryone,and you whip to catch Pokemon. Sounds like a game for the people if I've ever heard it.

Same as a lot of people. I can't get it until Christmas. I have the Switch, but I'd have to wait 10 weeks to save up for it. Christmas is 5.

It looks really... childish with the numbed down features, BUT I can't resist the call of a new Pokemon games. I'm looking forwards to 2019.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Same as a lot of people. I can't get it until Christmas. I have the Switch, but I'd have to wait 10 weeks to save up for it. Christmas is 5.

It looks really... childish with the numbed down features, BUT I can't resist the call of a new Pokemon games. I'm looking forwards to 2019.

It's honestly really fun if you can look past its shortcomings! Seeing the Pokemon running about in the world really does make it all feel much more alive, and the two partner Pokemon have a ridiculous amount of personality. At the very least, Kanto's never looked better.

I could list off my grumbles (and there are several) but the pros definitely outweigh the cons for this one. I hope that you enjoy it whenever you finally get to play it. ^^

xSuNaMi

Previously xHuRrIcAnE
Overall, really good Pokemon games. Probably better than USUM. What do you guys think? I am always happy to hear other peoples opinions on these games.

Last edited:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Overall, really good Pokemon games. Probably better than USUM. What do you guys think? I am always happy to hear other peoples opinions on these games.

If I hadn't played S/M before playing UM, I'd probably have a different opinion. As it stands, I very much agree with you. Despite Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee! being glorified Pokemon Yellow remakes, they still offered enough of a fresh experience to draw me in that UM couldn't achieve.

The majority of my time playing UM was spent painstakingly seeking out new things, which were few and far between, while Let's Go Eevee was different enough from Pokemon Yellow to hook me in general - and that's coming from someone who's been done with Kanto for ages now. Just having the Pokemon wandering about on the overworld alone was enough to engage me, but partner Eevee was so ridiculously endearing/adorable that it constantly had me grinning like a happy fool.

I've a list of issues with Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu and wish that they'd diverged from Pokemon Yellow a heck of a lot more than they actually did, but there's no denying how much I enjoyed it. UM has its moments but, all in all, it was nothing but a disappoint for me. Even its plot felt inferior to Sun/Moon's.

tl;dr Let's Go Eevee is indeed a nice game, especially if you've never played through Kanto before. I'm not sure that I can say the same for Ultra Moon though...