• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Letter Holders (Zombie Apocalypse RP)

The year doesn't matter, but its some point in the distant future (not that anybody is keeping track anymore). Children haven't known anything except for the nightmare world that you currently inhabit, and most people have chosen that forgetting the luxuries of the past is the most efficient way to survive today. Most settlements are small, one or two housing facilities and a storage departments surrounded by a large electric fence. Only one way into of out of the fence communities is a large gate, but to be frank once you go out very few people return. These gates are to made for one reason, to keep out the beasts. Beasts, Zombies, Undead, Walkers. Whatever name you dub them, they are stronger than you and they want your life more than you do. Most people serve as scouts, resource gathers or guards- you have to serve if able. The only exception to these occupations is the role of "Letter-Holder" these men serve the community by sending and receiving letters between communities- it's the only form of communication. Letter Holders only travel to nearby cities, no more than 10-20 miles at a time. But recently, a rumor has arose that the capital is functional again. The capital is the largest and most successful protected establishment that anyone knows of, but it was overrun by zombies when someone left the gate open. However, somehow rumors have got out that the capital is up and running once more and it's the safest place to be. Of course, hearing this news the leader of your community chooses to send none other than the letter holders to make the 200 mile hike to the capital to check if the rumors were true and request backup to move your people to the capital. You are a letter holder- typically a teenager who is agile and in shape. And today you will take your first steps of a long journey towards a better future.

Make sense? Probably not- just ask any questions for clarification. I have some extra info too!

Each Letter Holder is given the same supplies to carry. Once ran out, they'll have to scavenge abandoned towns for more. Anyhow everyone gets:
- 12 grenades
- 1 hand held weapon of choice (Bat, Spear, or Gun with limited ammo, or something else so long as you check with me)
- 1 first aid pack (with bandages and antiseptics)
- 1 flashlight
- 1 whistle
- 10 packs of dry meals
- 1 gallon water bottle
- 1 Identification tag to find on the dead body or zombie once turned
- 1 service dog: a service dog is a dog specifically trained to sniff out and warn it's handlers of zombies (they always send them out when they send people outside of the fence)

I think I'm done. Maybe not. Who knows? Anyways...

Name( First and last):
Age(15-20):
Personality:
Main Weapon:
Dog Description(Name; Gender; Coat and Breed):
Strengths
:
Weaknesses:
History or other(optional):

Name: Skylar Hopkins
Appearance: Skylar sports long, silky hair. It is a soft brown color, with honey highlights that are only really visible when she wears her hair down. When down, Skylar's hair reaches to just below her his; though she typically wears it in a high, tight ponytail. She has lightly tanned skin and a small frame; standing at around 5'3. Her face is round, with large features: plush lips, a round nose, and large eyes. Skylar's eyes are dark and slender, cat-like with black pupils.
Personality: Skylar is overall very mature and composed, some may claim that she is too tense and serious but she likes her personality just the way it is. Typically, she's a quiet girl who helps keep things running from the background but she certainly isn't afraid to speak her mind.
Main Weapon: Sledge Hammer
Dog Description: Donner; Male; Liver Flat Coated Retriever
Strengths: Decision making and Strength
Weaknesses: Endurance

Name:
Camden Newt
Appearance: Camden's skin is tan due to, what some may say was too much, sun exposure. Freckles dot his cheeks and limbs, spreading across his shoulders and dusting his back and chest slightly. He has a youthful face, bright with uncalled for enthusiasm and button-like features, including large, soft green eyes. Camden's hair is jet black and rugged, chopped off sloppily about his ears. His hair is slightly wavy, and he does his best to push it back so it stays out of his face.
Personality: Camden is full of life and energy, even though he's been a letter holder for 2 years now he gets just as excited every time he is assigned a new task to go out. The boy lives for adventure and will often find himself in trouble after pushing his luck too far with the zombies.
Main Weapon: Steel field hockey stick
Dog Description: Sasha; Female; lemon and white Coonhound Mix
Strengths: Agility and Hand-Eye Coordination
Weaknesses: Strength and Intelligence

@Barefoot_Kittens Skylar Hopkins
@Barefoot_Kittens Camden Newt
@Ridleymon Hugh Helmholts
@IDKWhatUserNameToDo Tyler Foreman
@Gamingfan Vival Surven
@TheGrimmRemix027 Gracie Billet
@Shadow_Pup Forsythe "Stiles" Stilinski
@Night's Shadow Pheonix Ylevva
@~Xero~ Leona Hale

Last edited:
question:
1.are the supplies for a character each, or is a group going to share them?
2. how action based is the Rp going to be? I know that it's a zombie apocalypse and there's going to be some sort of action here or there, but perhaps this question is also how character focused it's going to be? (idk how to explain this)
3. Do you have an estimate on how many people your aiming to be in this RP

Also I'm very interested to joining this, so please reserve a spot for me

D

Deleted member 284192

I think I'll join this if I can, though I am also curious on how many people you estimate will join.

@IDKWhatUserNameToDo @Ridleymon
1. Each character gets their own set of supplies.
2. I'm a sucker for character development so there will be a fair share of relationship-building and stuff, but I'd say it'll be 50/50 between action and character. I'll have the major events planned out before hand and run them through you guys to make sure we're all happy.
3. No idea how many. I honestly wouldn't have been surprised if this died the first day and got 0 interest. If you are wondering if I'll put a cap on how many characters I allow, it won't be a large RP. At most 15ish characters, probably.

I finished my bios for those who care. Is their personality literally two sentences? Yes. Why is their description so bad? Because I want to cry. None the less, I've never been bio focused in my RPs, because characters are so prone to change. Just give a brief outline and we'll be good- I am rather picky when it comes to RP responses, however but we'll cross that bridge when it comes to it. So long as each post is detailed and literate we'll all get along :D.

D

Deleted member 284192

Name: Hugh Helmholtz
Appearance: has black and mildly spiky hair that he tries to cut somewhat short as often as he can. He has an intimidating figure as he stands at 6'5" and is fairly well built. His skin is quite pale. He has firm and bushy eyebrows over his hazel eyes.
Personality: Though at first glance he might seem intense and stone cold, he is quite the goof ball, and makes friends quick. Not to say he can't get serious when he needs to be. He is quite the survivalist when it comes to protecting himself and those he cares about. He'll go to very extreme measures if he has to. Though he won't hesitate to take lives, he hates the act of killing, even if it is the undead. Often times it will bring a solemn and depressed look to his eyes.
Main Weapon: Spiked club
Dog Description: King; Male; Bloodhound
Strengths: Group morale booster, Physical strength, quick at making decisions (might also be a flaw)
Weaknesses: Stubborn, Can make major decisions without passing it over others
History or other: He lost his mother at a younger age when he wasn't strong enough to protect her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... I just got done making my character and (in my opinion) my and Ridleymom have quite similar characters... I'm fine with changing mine if I have to, but I'm still gonna post him here

Name
: Tyler Foreman

Appearance: Tyler has medium length curly light brown hair. He has an above average build, slightly sporty and standing 5.8 ft (or about 177 cm). He has slightly tanned skin with different sized and shapes of scars mostly around his knees, evident of being a lot of outside in his childhood. His facial featured are quite angular, with dark brown colored eyes, a bit of a pointed nose and has slightly bushy eyebrows.

Personality: Most people would describe Tyler as a very loyal person, almost doing anything for a cause that he believes in, though it can be difficult to gain his trust. He is quite silent, as he doesn't usually speak much and is a bit awkward from time to time, but every now and then he might voice his opinions if he sees fit. He's very much a background player, even if he has few useful skills or two and only steps in to help or something if necessary. He usually doesn't trust people to do something well enough especially when it's something he is particularly skilled or has a lot of experience in.

Main Weapon: Metallic baseball bat that's slightly rusty

Dog Description(Name; Gender; Coat and Breed): Yeti, male, black/dark gray+(mostly) white and husky

Strengths: Strength and endurance

Weaknesses: Social interactions and cooperation

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
This looks interesting, I'm down for this
Name:Name
( First and last):
Vival Surven
Appearance: 5'10 in height and fairly lean, with some musculature mixed in. Has super-dark brown eyes and semi-dark skin with black, messy hair. Wears long sleeved shirts and sweaters, steel toed sneakers (Vival hates this as he thinks it looks goth af, but it's practical) and jeans.
Personality:Vival is basically a ditz. A friendly, kind, joking, ready to help ditz. He's taken martial arts for a way to defend himself, but only that. He has a strong moral code, and is incapable of killing anyone, even if they deserve it. When dealing with non-zombie assailants, he will try to talk things out before running, or if that's not possible, knocking them out and then running. Vival really likes animals, and has a great relationship with his dog. He is also extremely dense, and is unable to take a hint unless it's said aloud.
Main Weapon: A crude but surprisingly sturdy shield which he carries on his back.
Dog Description(Name; Gender; Coat and Breed): Rocky, a male blue sable german shepherd. Often mistaken for a wolf.
Strengths: Great self-preservation, at least by himself/ Hard to depress/ Good with animals/ Cooperative/
Weaknesses: Too willing to risk his life for friends/ Dense/ Unable to kill assailants/Unfocused when cold/Unintentionally offensive
Other info : Vival's mother was a tailor and his father was a blacksmith, which is why his clothing has expertly sewed on steel as a defense without slowing movement. Ben himself has dabbled in these arts, and is able to fix any small tear or damages to his clothing. He is too inexperienced to make his own though.

Last edited:
Name( First and last): Gracey Billet
Age(15-20): 17
Appearance: Blonde hair, pale skin, extremely thin, 5'10, green eyes, and a drop-dead gorgeous face and body.
Personality: Insane. When she lost grasp of the old world she broke down. She became insane and lucky, she does not care about others most of the time. She does still have some compassion but it comes very rarely. She has some sort of a fashion sense even in these trying times.
Main Weapon: Hatchet
Dog Description(Name; Gender; Coat and Breed): Bear, Male, Blonde, Fluffy, and Soft, Soft Coated Wheaton Terrier
Strengths
: Luck as well as nothing holding her back. She isn't that afraid to die.
Weaknesses: She is also quite incompetent. Since she does not fear death she gets herself into a lot of trouble, and dumbness to it and you got a person you probably shouldn't have put on this mission.
History or other(optional): Kind of explained in the personality. If there is a moment of compassion or sharing life stories she may tell hers.

The character is very different from the characters I usually play. Hopefully, I can pull it off seeing as I usually just play guys. Been trying to play more female characters lately.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Name: Forsythe "Stiles" Stilinski
Appearance: Stiles is 6'8" and athletically built. He has green eyes and ice white hair, he has a tattoo of an albino fox on his back and a bullet wound scar on his lower abdomen. He wears a black and red overcoat over a dark grey tank-top, black trousers and black boots.
Personality: Stiles was practically raised to fight sickos (zombies) and has a strong hatred of them, he isn't very good at interacting with others and doesn't get a lot of jokes or sarcastic comments. But he is loyal and dedicated.
Main Weapon: Double bladed staff
Dog Description: Yuuki, Female, Black, Wolfdog (a cross breed between a German shepherd and a wolf)
Strengths: Athleticism, Free-Running and Martial Arts
Weaknesses: Socially awkward and hates guns

D

Deleted member 284192

So I'm assuming our characters already know each other because it says they've been in training for a week. Is that correct?

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Name: Phoenix Ylevva
Appearance: Gothic. Wears tons of black. Small and light, but agile and strong. Doesn’t wear any makeup. Redhead with the occasional freckle. Golden eyes that seem to pierce your very soul with their fierce clarity.
Personality: Dark, with a tendency to be sarcastic, often unintentionally. Likes dry humor. Makes fun, sometimes to the point of being cruel. Fiercely loyal to those she trusts.
Main Weapon: Machete
Dog Description:
Name:
Apollo
Coat: Red-gold, long and soft, “lion mane” at chest and throat, tangles easily
Breed: Leonberger (translation: he’s massive)
Strengths: Flexibility, openness to new experiences, loves challenges, fast
Weaknesses: Reckless, antisocial, doesn’t think about consequences of her actions until after she screws up
History or other(optional): N/A

I hope this is still open. I think it seems really cool.

Last edited:
@Night's Shadow since everyone else only gets one weapon, I think it will only be fair that you get rid of one of your weapons. She can easily find a knife, basically in any town, later in the RP. So, I suggest keeping the machete, but you can keep whichever one you please. Accepted once you make that change.

Oh, lemme in!

Name( First and last): Leona Hale
Age(15-20): 18
Appearance: Leona has thin and wavy blonde hair. She has lightly tanned skin and light blue eyes, with the occasional freckle of green encased within them. A light red bow resides in her hair. She wears a light red patterned jumper, with a white t-shirt underneath, a light grey coat, light red fingerless gloves, black leggings and white trainers. She has a tattoo of a wolf on her neck. She has a white holder on her back so she can carry her weapon when its not in use. She stands at 5'6 and weighs 126 lbs.
upload_2020-3-28_18-14-31.png
Made in: https://charat.me/en/genesis/create/ (着せ替えゲーム | CHARAT GENESIS).
Personality: Leona is pretty normal. She isn't very gothic, and has a sunny outlook in life- despite the current situation. She enjoys being around others, as she feels safer this way. She depends on her dog a lot. She isn't pessimistic, nor optimistic. She's... fine.
Main Weapon: A double ended, silver-headed spear
The leaf-shaped, permanently sharp head is expertly bound to the shaft with a series of slots and teeth.
The shaft is made of iron and is elaborately etched, and painted crimson.
Strengths: Good combat skills, self awareness, experience with a spear, has a fighting spirit, somehow can understand animals through actions and feelings. Thinks she has bad luck, even though she has good luck.
Weaknesses: Her past still hurts her, can make rash decisions, hot-headed. Her confidence can sometimes get the best of her.
History or other(optional): Nothing is really known about her, apart from the fact she was orphaned at a young age. She was adopted at the age of eight, but then lost her adoptive parents to cancer, causing everyone to think she has bad luck, even though she has quite good luck. She wasn't adopted again until she was 16, but disliked how her new parents treated her, so she got away from them and lived at her friends house.
Dog Description:
Name
: Spirit
Coat: It's a thick, fluffy coat that makes him stand out, as well as the colouring of it.
Breed: (Ready? This is long) A Blue Merle Tricolour Border Collie
be64aa5834d1fe21503659381b75206d.jpg
rhythm%2012months.jpg

c6ceabe0fb242e974c1f3a378f53d0d5.jpg
77008ad2d3648c010c8b76bb3a394f09--border-collie-blue-merle-runners.jpg

Wow, is that another relative of the Border Collie family? Nice :up:

Tada! It definitely turned better that I anticipated...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
I hope it's not too late to join
Name: Hallie Fox
Appearance: Hallie has reddish-brown hair that goes down mid-waist. She usually keeps it up in a high ponytail so it doesn't get in her way. Her eyes, though dark brown, always seem to be sparkling with mischief. She wears flexible clothing, usually a long-sleeved shirt with leggings. She has a small frame, that allows her to be quick. She lacks brute strength and instead trained herself in speed and accuracy.
Personality: While she's not fighting, Hallie is almost never serious especially when she should be. Since many of her jokes and pranks could get her into serious trouble, she jots them down into a journal determined to use them one day when this chaos is over. When she is fighting, she turns into a silent thinker that's plotting somebody's demise. She either kills quickly and accurately, or she plays around with her victims. She is stubborn and isn't fond of being bossed around. However, she isn't the best at holding grudges, and under her positive persona, she hides her negativity. Above all, she made herself a promise to survive.
Main Weapon: Two daggers, one in each hand. The daggers, though different, stay inside their own leather sheath both with a fox inscribed on it, if not in use. One dagger has a brown hilt with a straight blade. The other has the same hilt, but with a curved blade.
Dog Description:
Name: Kitsune (Kit)
Coat: Kit has a fox-like coloring, with orangish fur covering most of her body, and white and black fur patches near the ears, paws, and chest.
Breed: Finnish Spitz
Strengths: Good accuracy, Good speed/reactions, Ambidextrous
Weaknesses: Lack of brute strength, Carelessness at times, Uncooperative at times
History or other: Hallie has always had a carefree attitude to her, even when disaster struck. She learned to hide a lot of her feelings under a silly persona, and with everyone busy focusing on the crisis, no one has noticed. She kept her journal close to her, all her pranks scribbled into it, a reminder of what once was. It had previously been her diary, as writing and foxes had been her two favorite things in life. Between her journal and her dog, she felt as if she was blessed in some sense.

Last edited: