• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

LoN's Fire Red holiday adventure log!

I'm off on holiday innnn... 5 hours. I'll be in Florida for two weeks, and I'll be playing Fire Red when I'm bored, as discussed with Katie and Demmy in chat. Figured I'd tell you guys about it too, like a lets play thing in a way! There won't be any screenshots as it'll be in my game cartridge, but I'll post logs and updates, team statuses etc :)

I guess the first choice we're gonna have to have, is which starter to I choose? I'm forever a Bulbasaur fan, so in the poll above I'll vote that, but I'll start with who you guys think :)

Also, I'm down to try out any silly restrictions or requests you guys have. Catch ALL THE PIDGEYS, do it Nuzlocke style, whatever.

Hopefully its some good fun!

-----

-----

Bulbasaur - 3
Charmander - 2
Squirtle - 3
Other? - 0

Bulbasaur wins in my eyes, then! :D

Hitmonlee - 6
Hitmonchan - 2

-----

-----

Restrictions:
**From Lyni - All Gym Leaders must be battled with the same amount of Pokemon in their team. I'm developing this to say that each Pokemon may only be used once, so for example if I use Pikachu to battle Misty, I cannot use Pikachu in further Gym Battles. E4 are exempt.

**From Connie (my sister) - When you catch a Poliwag, you cannot evolve it.

**From me - When you reach a new cave, you must go through it with only three Pokemon of your original team (excluding slaves). You have to catch another three to use afterwards to increase your team back to six, to promote variety.

**From Katie - Revives cannot be used during Gym Battles or Elite 4 battles. However, it's fine to revive your Pokemon between Elite 4 battles.

-----

-----

Brock defeated with:
Saladin (Bulbasaur), Sylvia (Pikachu).

Misty defeated with:
Cassandra (Paras), Flo (Oddish).

Lt Surge defeated with:
Flo (Gloom), Saladin (Ivysaur), Gaia (Dugtrio).

**Gym variety restriction implemented here**

Erika defeated with:
Isabelle (Pidgeotto), Kimberly (Doduo), Quentin (Growlithe)

Koga defeated with:
Empire (Nidorino), Usain (Snorlax), Poseidon (Horsea), Elisa (Haunter)

Sabrina defeated with:
Felicia (Persian), Luckii (Snorlax), Norbert (Gyarados), Debby (Exeggutor)

Blaine defeated with:
Demelza (Jolteon), Courtney (Lapras), Bianca (Tentacruel), Natasha (Omastar)

Giovanni defeated with:
Skipper (Poliwrath), Olivia (Golduck), Ichabod (Cloyster), Zoe (Dewgong), Olette (Dragonair)

-----

-----

Current location: Viridian City
Current team:

Larry (Hitmonlee)
Spr_3f_106.png

-----

-----

Box (Not used in Gym Battles, used for trainers)
Spr_3f_048.png
Spr_3r_119.png
Spr_3f_060.png
Spr_3f_114.png
Spr_3f_110.png

Box (Used in Gym Battles, saving for trainers/E4)
Spr_3f_135.png
Spr_3f_055.png
Spr_3f_091.png
Spr_3f_139.png
Spr_3f_073.png
Spr_3f_131.png
Spr_3f_053.png
Spr_3f_143.png
Spr_3f_103.png
Spr_3f_130.png
Spr_3f_143.png
Spr_3f_093.png
Spr_3f_116.png
Spr_3f_033.png
Spr_3f_087.png
Spr_3f_062.png
Spr_3f_017.png
Spr_3f_047.png
Spr_3f_025.png
Spr_3f_044.png
Spr_3f_084.png
Spr_3f_051.png
Spr_3f_003.png
Spr_3f_058.png
Spr_3f_148.png

Box (Unnamed, not used at all)
Spr_3f_021.png
Spr_3f_129.png
Spr_3f_100.png
Spr_3f_020.png
Spr_3f_035.png
Spr_3f_095.png
Spr_3f_041.png
Spr_3f_074.png

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
LoN said:
I guess the first choice we're gonna have to have, is which starter to I choose? I'm forever a Bulbasaur fan, so in the poll above I'll vote that...

Well then, that makes two of us. ;)

Bulbasaur for president! :up: (and LoN's starter)

Nice idea! I may do that when I go to Florida in the summer. With a different game, of course.

Also, I'm a Charmander guy, so he takes my vote. Charmander for Prime Minister! (Because Britain)

Poll results are in the first post, Bulbasaur is a go! :D

I shall keep you all posted as soon as I can do, for now I have a plane to catch! :)

Shiny Eevee said:
oh oh, can I submit a restriction? :D

Like, you can only battle gym leaders with the number of 'mons they have in their team.

Oooo Lyni, I like! And I've already battled Brock with only two in my team :)

I'm currently just at the start of Nugget Bridge, with my team of three - Cassandra the Paras, Sylvia the Pikachu and Saladin the Ivysaur at level 17. I'll post up prettier team posts when I get our PC set up here, phones FTL :(

-----

-----

Original post has been updated to include much more info, including my current location, team and restrictions :)

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I really love the nicknames you're coming up with for your Pokemon.

Keep up the good work LoN. :D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
LoN said:
... with my team of three - Cassandra the Paras, Sylvia the Pikachu and Saladin the Ivysaur at level 17.

*Looks at team in first post*

What happened to Cassandra and Sylvia? :o

Oh. Nevermind. Just noticed your restriction to yourself. XD

**From me - When you reach a new cave, you must go through it with only three Pokemon of your original team (excluding slaves). You have to catch another three to use afterwards to increase your team back to six, to promote variety.

Me likes. :)

Also, a potential new restriction if you'd like: revives cannot be used during Gym Battles or Elite 4 battles. However, it's fine to revive your Pokemon between Elite 4 battles.

That was a restriction I played with on Pearl once (inspired by Ruko and Carmen), and it actually did make a few of my battles more challenging because I didn't powerlevel to get around it. Just a thought. :8B:

Linkachu said:
Also, a potential new restriction if you'd like: revives cannot be used during Gym Battles or Elite 4 battles. However, it's fine to revive your Pokemon between Elite 4 battles. :8B:

Added, sounds like fun!

I'm really enjoying the restrictions I have so far, its really introducing a lot of variety ^^ My new team and location is updated in the main post, along with a new (buggy, I PM'd Katie about it) poll and my Erika-team.

Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee, guys? It might be better to post responses in here, lest you want me to pick up Charmander from the Dojo haha. Silly poll bug.

Edit: And yes I did name my two Snorlax after Jamaican 100m runners.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I voted for Charmander because I mean...it was an option. >>

Also, I'm deeply saddened that I was not here to vote for Squirtle to win. </3

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like the poll doesn't want to play nice for me either. Best if people post their replies in the body of the topic instead.

And I vote for Hitmonlee. :3

Katie you made the poll worse! Hahahahaha ^^

I think Hitmonlee was winning before and it still is now, so I'll pick him up now :) I always preferred Hitmonchan but he's just so much worse D:

-----

I sorta broke Koga really hard, once I sent out Elisa. She only took damage from really weak Sludge attacks, nothing else at all, so I could abuse him with Curse/Confuse Ray/Night Shade.

Now I'm gonna take the awkward route of cycling back up the Cycling Road for all those trainers before assaulting Silph Co. :)

Incidentally if anyone wants to be named in this, feel free to shout. I'll happily rename someone too, unless its already taken like Demelza. ~:)~

It is essential for your run that your Snorlax be named after me.

Also, good going! I always have trouble with Koga, but you seem to have wiped the walls with him!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I shall be your Eevee, unless that was male.

... should've reset your game so you could've gotten the prized female shiny Eevee. D:<

Psst Lyni I don't have an Eevee D:

Guess I'll be going on a renaming run once I'm out of Silph!

-----

Josh the Venonat and Luckii the Snorlax have been named!

En route to Seafoam Islands now, gonna tackle it with Courtney/Demelza/Larry. Hoping I can catch a Seel, and finally revive my Omanyte! :)

Shiny Eevee said:
get your Eevee from Celadon City! D:<
... I think you get it in Celadon, at least.

If you look there is a Jolteon named Demelza ^^ Which LoN probably obtained from Celadon :3

And yay I'm Venonat ^-^

Shiny Eevee said:
obviously I needa read the first post.

Fien anything shiny and female is me.

Of course, Carolyn! If I get a female shiny, I'll name it after you - it'll be the first ever shiny I'd have, though :p Asides the shiny Solrock I got from Dani.

------

Currently I'm chilling at Cinnabar Island, gonna try and conquer the mansion :)

LoN said:
Psst Lyni I don't have an Eevee D:

Guess I'll be going on a renaming run once I'm out of Silph!

-----

Josh the Venonat and Luckii the Snorlax have been named!

En route to Seafoam Islands now, gonna tackle it with Courtney/Demelza/Larry. Hoping I can catch a Seel, and finally revive my Omanyte! :)

Exellent. You shall not regret this.

Alrighty, we've got a bit of a choice to make now. I've just taken down Giovanni and got my Earthbadge - the details are in the first post.

I'm just lingering in Viridian City for a while, I need some of your help in deciding which of my 25ish Veterans I'll be taking to conquer the Elite 4. I'd rather choose from those, and they're already between 23 and 40 so that makes life easier :) Note I also cannot evolve Elisa, my Haunter. I also lack a Sun Stone for Flo, and a Dragon Scale for Poseidon, so they cannot be a Bellossom or Kingdra just yet.

Just post here. I'll take your input and try to craft a team!

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Here's a restriction for you regarding the Elite Four! You can only use event Pokemon, that is Venusaur, Jolteon, Hitmonlee, Omastar, Snorlax, and Lapras. Since you caught both Snorlax, you may use both in place of one of the other five mons. >=)

Well you guys, I've finished the League now! Finished it on the plane home, so if this post makes no sense - blame jetlag :D

I took Omastar, Hitmonlee and Lapras from Josh and PM's posts, along with Dragonair, Cloyster and a Magneton I caught in the Power Plant :)

Final team:

Larry, L 61.
Spr_3f_106.png

Natasha, L 58.
Spr_3f_139.png

Olette, L 61.
Spr_3f_149.png

Courtney, L 60.
Spr_3f_131.png

Ichabod, L 53.
Spr_3f_091.png

Palladium, L 60.