• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Macho Brace, where?

Well, i'm tired of searching on websites for the locaton of this item. I think it can be found on emerald (It CAN be found on emerald, can't it?) but the more accurate location I got was "that house north of Mauville City". Oh, well, in first place: I don't have the english version of the game, so I don't know where the heck Mauville City is and, even if i knew it, there will surely be more than one "house north of Mauville City", and there are lots of norths, maybe it's 2 steps "north of Mauville City", or 23567 steps "north of Mauville City", or even so many steps "north of Mauville City" that it's not "north of Mauville City" but "south of Mauville City"... who knows.
Going on-topic again, someone can tell me which city is Mauville City (Routes sorrounding it, in example. Or the gym leader pokemon types if there's a gym on that city... or anything like that) and which house is that one? (anything that could help me finding that house). Oh, of course, if the house is located on a route, the route's number would help a lot.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Mauville is the city with the electric-type gym leader, he's kinda old and round and happy. >> If you need more direction then it is also the city in which the day care center is about... "a dozen or so steps" west of it.

I need some indications because i get lost very fast, and the last time I played RSE was ages ago (in fact, i've never played Emerald before, that cave wasn't there on sapphire...). Also, i don't like to spend too much time looking for an item; I mean: if I had a lot of spare time and i enjoyed searching for an item which spanish name i don't even remember and i need almost ASAP, i would sit here, turn on my DS and check each "house north of [insert spanish city name]" and i would love doing it the same i love looking for items on other RPGs. But i don't want to spend my afternoon doing that, i've already spent a few hours looking for an english map and it is a bit boring, and i think that EV training will make me enjoy more than rush into people's houses to steal their items.
Well, thanks for all, i have a horrible headache and i'm not in a good mood >__

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
You're not getting it. There's NO SEARCHING at all. o-o And I doubt you'd get lost. Its RIGHT there, only a few steps north of Mauville, if you simply tried? >> There's very little chance you'd get lost, impossible, and battling for the item should take fewer than ten minutes. I don't see the problem.

Yeah, i already have the Macho Brace, i was replying while defeating the family. But i needed some indications before to know where the house was and make things faster. I didn't explained myself well in the reply (it's hard to think with migrain >_