• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia 2: Conclusion: Lies, Slander, Death, and Statistics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Conclusion: Lies, Slander, Death, and Statistics

Shiny.

You did all that behind everyones back... Hell. The entire game was you "allying" yourself with everyone else.
Goddamnit, you guys danced around behind my back like I don't know what, and you, Shiny, did it purely to save yourself. You used the others there against me, just as I had suspected. You are evil, and damnit I wish I had killed you. I mean, what the heck? You guys made alliances behind the backs of anyone who wasn't in the community enough to go into chat or whatever. You basically alienated the newer players - we'd never have stood a chance! I am certainly never playing this again if I have to play it with you bunch of backstabbers.

/rage D=<

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Cycloneblaze said:
You basically alienated the newer players - we'd never have stood a chance! I am certainly never playing this again if I have to play it with you bunch of backstabbers.
It must be said: fat lot of good it did in the end. Two of our newer members won in the end, and the alliance tore itself apart.

Incidentally, I knew a bit about the secret dealings from the beginning, I just never knew the true extent of it, and the deep effect it was having. I do know it broke up once I mentioned it, however.

The honor rule Shocari suggested will be implemented next game, and I will be sharing any information I discover regarding alliances et al. I will also be tightening rules severely regarding discussion outside of the threads.

Unfortunately, if this game is going to continue to factionalise people to such a damaging extent, and puts regulars against new members, we can't really play it. It'd go against the spirit of everything 'Charms stands for. I do intend to play it again, but just bear that in mind.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Cycloneblaze said:
Shiny.

You did all that behind everyones back... Hell. The entire game was you "allying" yourself with everyone else.
Goddamnit, you guys danced around behind my back like I don't know what, and you, Shiny, did it purely to save yourself. You used the others there against me, just as I had suspected. You are evil, and damnit I wish I had killed you. I mean, what the heck? You guys made alliances behind the backs of anyone who wasn't in the community enough to go into chat or whatever. You basically alienated the newer players - we'd never have stood a chance! I am certainly never playing this again if I have to play it with you bunch of backstabbers.

/rage D=<

While I definitely agree that the divide between chat regulars and members who don't frequent the chat needs to end, there's one thing you need to accept, Cyclone.

This game is founded on lying and backstabbing. It might seem harsh, but that's exactly what everyone's trying to get across regarding this being "a game". It is just a game, so the lying/backstabbing should come with a laugh and not actual hurt feelings. If you or anyone else can't handle that part of Mafia, this really isn't the game for you. :x

However, cheating the rules simply because this is the internet and it's easy to do so needs to end. It's ruining the game entirely for anyone who's trying to play fairly, and I honestly feel that people who have cheated in the past risk being banning from future Mafia games entirely. You can't, for example, show someone a picture of what's been going on in real life when playing Mafia, and that makes it better. Alliances are one thing, but giving solid proof of who you are or who someone else is wrecks Mafia completely. Nothing should ever be 100% solid with this game (aside from info the detective receives).

Because we feel it's best, this topic is getting locked early. Thanks for playing guys. =)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

I think we've said everything that needs to be said regarding this discussion. I'm tightening up the rules more firmly next game, so that should be the last we see of this issue. Just a couple of points:

To clarify, I plan to open signups for Mafia 3 sometime towards the end of September, with a view to starting in early October. I appreciate that this is vague, but I will post more firm dates at a later time.

I don't plan to change the game mechanics massively next game, but I will leave a suggestions box in this forum, for if anyone has any ideas regarding the game. You may, of course, PM your suggestions to me if you'd prefer.

Thanks for playing, everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.