• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia 2: Day Five: Shit Tyrone, Get It Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
SACRIFICE

The committee received a damning blow today, as LoN was revealed as the vigilante, discovered and tailed while tracking an unknown member of the Mafia. The fight that broke out was short but bloody, and LoN was left dead at the scene before he could kill his quarry. It is still unknown who assaulted him, but they showed great skill with a blade, and  escaped without being identified.

In other news, Chadwyck has disappeared without a trace, believed gone for good. It is still unknown what happened to him, but it seems he used his final days to coerce a member of the committee to replace him as Mafia, so their talents will now be used for the good of one of the Mafia families. However, Chadwyck did not leave without a parting gift, as Tun was found mortally wounded, struck down by Chadwyck’s hand in her well-frequented and much-loved pastry shop. She was rushed to hospital, and remains in a critical but stable condition, for now. However, it is clear hat she will take no further part in the Mafia discussions. A cursive look at the back of her shop revealed that she had been running a quiet doctor’s surgery, attempting to heal the survivors of the frequent clashes that have marked the recent days.

More as it comes.​

Re: Day Five (August 16th-17th): Shit Tyrone, Get It Together

Ok, so the Vigilante is dead, the other Mob Boss is out of the picture, one of us are Mafia where we weren't before, the Doctor is gone...
All in all, not a good start. D=

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH DATA!

But... wow, I really didn't expect to see so much happening at once. o-o Both doctor and Vig are now gone, which leaves us with nobody with special roles to help us. D: And I was beginning to suspect Chad as mafia, but I guess our job's harder now that he's somehow magically made someone else mafia in his place. >:V I shall avenge the deaths of LoN and Tun~
On another note, it'll be pretty hard for us to figure out who's mafia now. >_< I mean, there's like, eight of us, and two mafia. Why do I say two? Well, it could be three or four or even six, but judging from what Data said in his post for the previous day, "Although both families still exist, their numbers are dwindling, and it looks bleak for the Mafia," and if I'm right about the original ratio of mafia to townspeople being similar as it was last game, there should only be one person left on each mafia team.

We all know that Linkachu and Luckii were part of the Baudelaire family, and that Dark Soul was part of the Crimson Order. Judging from his actions and their actions, we can also assume that Blazi and Dia were in the same family as him. If there were originally four members per family, that means the Crimson Order still has to be alive somehow, and therefore they still have one member left.

As for the Baudelaire's, since we were able to lynch off Rolly on day 4, we knew that he was mafia. Since he can't possibly be in the Crimson Order (unless the Crimson Order has 5 people instead of the 4 I originally thought they would have, which doesn't seem very likely), he was most likely a Baudelaire with Katie and Luckii. And now we know that Chad was the final member.

Sadly, he had a trick up his sleeve before he died, and made someone take his place. This makes our jobs to determine who's mafia and who's not a lot harder, because that person would've shown no signs of being mafia until now.

But we still have a chance of getting rid of the last member of the other family, right? Since, unlike the member that Chad converted, this person would've been showing signs of his/her mafia alignment, whether s/he wanted to or not. Also, since this is a new day, that mafioso that Chad had converted to might be dropping hints throughout the day(s), so it might not be too hard for us to win this time. :'D

But I'm still lost as to who's mafia and who's not. Dx *goes to look through the previous days to see if there's someone she can pinpoint).

... wow, ANOTHER long post from Shiny? TL;DR: Two mafia members left, I'm still lost as to who is mafia and who's not. D:

Oh, no.

This can't be good. Yes, we got another mafia, but... no, this is bad, bad, BAD.

I ain't going to accuse now, as everything's now gotten much harder, but I'll be reading with the utmost caution and I'll use my not-so-great powers of deduction to form a probably-wrong accusation in the near future.

Stay tuned.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Myth Busted said:
This can't be good. Yes, we got another mafia, but... no, this is bad, bad, BAD.

Just want to clarify this for you Myth, but Chad was not killed by anybody. He was the head of a family and sacrificed his life in order to recruit a townsfolk to his side (which is obviously a smart play, as you dwindle down the number of people you have to take out and also create more suspicion among the people when they again are not sure who they can trust). Good play, Chad. :>

[me=Sir Red]ghosts out of here~[/me]

I ...

Chad ... he got me. Chad got me. My own father! ; 3 ;
Avenge me, townspeople! Avenge meeeeeeeeeeeee.

also technically I'm not dead so I can totally post here. uhuh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Way to bend the rules, Tun. At least you didn't outright break them like Red did.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

YOU PEOPLE ARE DEAD STOP POSTING >=O

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Yeah, listen to Data and stay dead! >=O
Oh wait, lolz. 8D

As you were, living folk~

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Dear Red, Tun, Sem, and Katie~
I love you guys, but if you're dead, stay in your grave. kthxbai. :3 (or if you're hospitalized, stay in your room)

On to business...

So, after looking back through the previous day’s thread, a few people’s posts caught my eyes.

Belle, in particular, for a few reasons. One, she mentioned that we should lynch some of the “quiet people”, though she provided little to no proof for why she thought any of the four people she mentioned was mafia. Then, when I and a few others lynched Rolly, who was on her list, she came out and went after Ked. Up until then, Ked hadn’t really been seriously accused, and Ked herself failed to post that day.

Then there was Cody. LoN seemed to be the biggest voice against his (Cody’s) lynching, and now we find that LoN is dead. Since we know that Chad had chosen Tun as his target, that means that the other mafia team had targeted LoN. At the moment, the only person who could possibly see LoN as a threat would be Cody, unless others knew that he was vigilante.

Of course we have RMA, who was one of the favorites for getting lynched besides Rolly. Like everyone had mentioned, he was too eager to jump on the non-existent bandwagon that I had made against Rolly, when I hadn’t even provided much evidence against the latter’s possible mafia-ness.

Then we have the people who didn’t post at all yesterday. I’ve already mentioned Ked, but there’s also Setoshi. Dunno if they’re trying to hide themselves, or if they’re just busy or what. :/ Setoshi hasn’t posted since day 2, which means that if he doesn’t post by today, he’s gone.

And as for the others~

Cycloneblaze has posted both on the previous day and today, but hasn’t really posted anything that can contribute to our discussion. In fact, he's usually only posted at the very beginning or the very end of a day cycle concerning the previous few days. Like the case with Setoshi and Ked, though, I'm not sure if it's because he's busy or if he's hiding something. <<

Darkspyro’s account was deleted. I think he’s made a new one by now, though. ^^;

Myth Busted is just a really bad liability. I get the feeling that he’s just a weak, inexperienced player who doesn’t really know what to look out for, and has his eyes caught on the traps/trivial things. Of course, I could be pretty wrong about him. XD

... crap I did the same thing as I did last time. D: So ah, yeah. ^^;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

XD

Okay, seriously now. Anyone who's dead/isn't part of this game will have their posts deleted from here on. It disrupts the flow of the game. So guys, stop posting. :x

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

... like, seriously?

This thread has been overpopulated with dead/not playing this game people, and nobody alive has been saying much besides me. >:/

And I've seen you guys online, those who haven't posted yet.

Anyways, I'mma see who else has stuff to put in besides me, and make my vote later, since I'm still lost as to who's mafia and who's not atm. <<

(POST MORE GUYS ;_;)

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool

Heh, what to say as a follow up to last time's brilliant post fiasco... honestly, I'm completely lost at this point. I don't know who to suspect, and I don't know what I should be looking for. I'm just completely in the dark at this point, and I don't know where to go from here. I'll do my best to help out this time, but I'm not quite sure how helpful I can be at this point. Maybe if I take another look at Shiny's summaries I may pick up something, but no promises.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Y'know, normally I'd be getting ready to post the night post sometime about now, but we haven't yet had a single vote! Come on, slowpokes!

efff no vigilante or doctor? ;_;

I think our biggest threat is whoever Chad converted, as we have no solid evidence to possibly identify him or her...That being said, I don't see why Chad would pick someone who has been one of the more quiet players. The other remaining Mafia Member(s?) shouldn't be as hard to pick out, as we've got more posts to go off of.

On another point, RMA's post just about mine (well, and Data's...) is wordy and very, very vague. I don't blame him for having no clue what to do (I don't either) but it seems like he tried very hard to avoid saying anything that might cast any suspicion in him. Plus, Shiny, like you said, he was eager to jump on the nonexistent Rolly bandwagon. I'm not throwing out any votes yet, just giving everyone else something to consider.

Finally, Shiny, I'd like to defend myself. LoN did want to lynch me, true; however, the Mafioso who didn't kill Tun could be using the death of LoN to frame me -- which would allow that mafia member to be responsible for two innocent deaths in one round.

I find Belle the most suspicious right now. Like Shiny said, she suggested four people without giving any evidence other than that they were quiet, and then she chose to lynch me instead of Rolly, who turned out to be mafia. I'm assuming that Belle is part of the same mafia family that Rolly was, and was trying to make herself look innocent by posting possible mafia members, and then voting for me to try and save Rolly, while making everyone else suspicious of me.

Dia accused Belle in Day Three before she was accused. Bele then made it very clear that they were not working together. Since there are two Mafia families, it is quite possible that Belle could be Mafia, and just be in a different family then Dia was. Belle could've been innocent before, but converted by Chad, too. Belle has been one of the most trusted players in this game so far, so it would've been a smart move on Chad's part to make Belle mafia instead of a towns person.

I also find RMA suspicious as well, for the same reasons as Cody and Shiny; he was quick to vote for Rolly. Like Belle, he could be on the opposite Mafia family as Rolly, or could just be a towns person.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

I swear, we're not going to get anywhere if we just sit around and twiddle our thumbs, waiting for someone else to take the initiative to cast the first vote. Both Cody and Ked have voiced their opinions about RMA or, in Ked's case, Belle. And I, like the two of them, also put RMA on my list. <<

I'm sorry, RMA, but the game's not going anywhere at this point. D: Lynch Mr. RMA

Ok, if only like six living people are active, and I'm one of them, I guess I'd better really get into the game. So let's see...

Belle I find suspicious. She seems to be very sure of herself, such as here:
Belle on Day Three said:
Oh deary diddles.
Suspicion? Cast on me?
This will not do.
She then proceeds to post a very long defense of herself, which I won't quote all of here because it'd take up a lot of my post, but she seemed satisfied to re-use what she'd already said against Dia and she seemed very confident that no-one would suspect her. Which is suspicious, but she was attacking Dia who turned out to be Mafia so one must take that into account.
She also twice mentioned that we should lynch the "quiet ones", which she listed on Day Four as Cody,
DarkSpyro, Rolly, and Ked. If she was, hypothetically, Mafia, it could be that she was looking to clear up some townspeople here. It is more likely, after all, that any given person is a townsperson rather than Mafioso, statisically speaking (we know there are more townspeople than Mafia). Now Rolly was Mafia, but it is also likely that, assuming again hypothetically that she is Mafia, that she and Rolly are in different families - after all she would be less likely to list a comrade as one to be suspicious of.
She has also mentioned that Ked is suspicous at least twice:
Belle on Day Four said:
For now though, the one that stands out to me the most... I guess would be Ked.
Belle later that day said:
I'm still not sold on Rolly, admittedly. And I'm hesitant to jump on this bandwagon because, to be frank, I'm still suspicious of Ked and Louie.
She points out Louie, reasonable as he was inactive, but he's now dead. She points out Ked, as Shiny said, which seems to be a sticking point. Why has she accused him three seperate times (as one of the inactive players, and in the two above quotes)? And she seems to defend Rolly. Whom she attacked before as being too quiet, whom we lynched as Mafia. She was the only one to vote against him, everyone else either voted for Rolly or Mr.RMA, which brings me to my next suspect.

Mr.RMA's posts on Day One were, I thought, rather good in that he contributed to discussions - or tried to in any case. He made to lynch Savichez, who was innocent, but then so did I, so did others.
On Day Two he voted to lynch DarkSoul, and also voiced suspicions against Blazi. This is reasonable - both were Mafia. However this didn't contribute anything, so he was just going along with everyone else.
On Day Three he posted rather early on, earlier than before, to lynch Dia. Much like Day Two, he followed the - albeit smaller - crowd. She was Mafia too however.
On Day Four he posted earlier again - and this is where he seems to have messed up. It wasn't that early into the thread, but his was the second post against Rolly, after Shiny. Myth Busted picked up on this, and immediately attempted to lynch him. Now someone's gotta start a bandwagon, and if no-one jumped on it'd fail. Mr.RMA jumped on first, reasonable, but then he was accused for that. Which we can understand if we look at his previous posts, which were just to tack on to the end of what everyone else said. However, I don't see jumping on a bandwagon as a suspicious thing in and of itself, and Mr.RMA wasn't able to post a lot due to his internet being down, which he mentioned in other places too. Myth Busted jumped on him though, saying that:
Myth Busted on Day Four said:
You're going to try and form an almost non-existent bandwagon or join the tiny one there already is. That doesn't seem right. Why would you want to lynch Rolly so fast?
All bandwagons start small, and someone has to get on them first, you know? Why did Myth find this suspicious? Well DarkSpyro said:
DarkSpyro on Day Four said:
Quote from: Mr.RMA on 04 August 2011, 03:39:47

Well, I guess that's the best method we can go by for the time being.
In that case, I'll vote to lynch Rolly as well.

With which statements? there is nothing that can make Rolly guilty, I mean, just for trowing in an idea to work with the quiet ones doesn't mean that he is mafia? or which mafia would give out themselves instead of pointing out to someone else. In my opinion, Rolly is at this point innocent, unless something reveals the opposite. For the moment I'll stay with Myth and lynch you Mr. MRA
Now Rolly was indeed innocent at this point in the thread, he had not been proven guilty. Later events
proved that he was, indeed, Mafia. DarkSpyro also defended Rolly, saying he was at that point innocent, as I mentioned, however he was Mafia.
Overall it seems to be that everyone thought that Mr.RMA jumping on the bandwagon before everyone else was suspicious, even Shiny who started the whole thing, however they were more occupied with Rolly at that point. But when a bandwagon is formed, people get on it, it seems that just because he provided no reasoning he is a target. In days two and three the second person to jump on the bandwagon did provide reasoning for their choice, so one has to wonder why Mr.RMA didn't, but I can't get over the fact that I don't consider it as too suspicious and several are wanting to lynch him anyway. Seems like an overreaction, by Myth Busted anyway, which brings me nicely to him.

Shiny has called Myth a "liability". The way I see it, he abstains until something pops up then accuses very quickly, and he is vehement in his posts. As in, he seems very sure of all of his reasoning, and is eager to get someone to accuse when he's not already:
Myth on Day Two said:
Very interesting stuff, Sir Red, but is it just possible that you too are throwing out accusations to throw others off YOUR trail?
Either way, what you're saying about Dark is interesting, but I too also find Blazi's post to be a little suspicious. However these suspicions can't yet be confirmed, I have to think further.
I still haven't yet decided what I'm going to do, expect my decision in time.

Myth on Day Four said:
Oh no, you don't.
There wasn't even a bandwagon on this first time. If you're Mafia, you'll be laughing so hard if Rolly gets lynched and is innocent. You're going to try and form an almost non-existent bandwagon or join the tiny one there already is. That doesn't seem right. Why would you want to lynch Rolly so fast? Even after Shiny says that she's just kidding? I think you are most definitely hiding in the shadows in this game and you've finally done it for me.
If you're innocent, I'm sorry, but for now, I'm going to lynch Mr. RMA.
There's two good examples. LoN seemed also to have been suspicious, but he didn't say why at the time:
LoN on Day Four said:
Quote from: Myth Busted on 04 August 2011, 16:21:27

If you're innocent, I'm sorry, but for now, I'm going to lynch Mr. RMA.

You don't want to do that, sir.
LoN's now dead, so I couldn't ask him about that. In my opinion, Myth is overly eager to attack, even on faulty reasoning. I don't like it.

I don't know about DarkSpyro. Shiny says his account got deleted (how?) but that he's made a new one by now. He has been posting, however. I don't know - is he still in the game? What's up there?
Assuming he is still in the game, he has so far posted very short posts either abstaining early or "bandwagoning", so to speak.
A characteristic post:
DarkSpyro on Day Three said:
I also found Dia very suspicious but you guys have said all of what I had in mind so I'll be joining the bandwagon and Lynch Dia
On Day Four he made a long(-ish) post which accused Mr.RMA and somewhat defended Rolly, as I pointed out, and he hasn't yet posted on Day Five. So I don't know about 'im. If I had to say then I don't think much of his responses so far.

Cody is next, he's a bit harder to analyse. In my opinion his posts were well thought out, and didn't raise my suspicions. Shiny and LoN were suspicious of him on Day Four, he defended himself, I thought it was reasonable. Shiny seemed to think so too.
However today Shiny said that, since LoN died, we know it wasn't Chadwick who killed him, so it must have been a member of the other family, and since the only one whom he was accusatory towards was Cody, one can suspect him as the culprit. However Cody then said:
Cody said:
Finally, Shiny, I'd like to defend myself. LoN did want to lynch me, true; however, the Mafioso who didn't kill Tun could be using the death of LoN to frame me -- which would allow that mafia member to be responsible for two innocent deaths in one round.
which is also a valid point, and a good defense. I don't and didn't see anything overly suspicious about his posts previous. Of course, if one is not suspected then one should be, we can't let anyone off since anyone could be Mafia at this point.

Which brings me to Shiny. Our self-styled Mafia Obsessive.
No-one upon no-one (except Chad, on Day One, and he said he didn't really suspect her) has accused her of anything, she has meanwhile been a very active player. Actually, she's been quite helpful in voicing her suspicions, you can see me reference her several times in this post. I'd like to make clear, I don't find her suspicious right now, but no-one does, and I feel we should at least cast a suspecting eye over her posts.

Then there's Ked, who has not made particularly long posts as of yet, except today, and she didn't post yesterday. Belle came out and accused her a few times, but I am not too sure why she'd be suspicious of Ked.
Personally I'm not, really, but I don't have much to go on.

Last is SetoshiArenhariKai, whose moment of note came when he tried to lynch Sem, apparantly not noticing that, as Belle put it:
Belle on Day Two said:
Sem is dead.
He died this morning

when he was murdered
and then edited his post, to lynch DarkSoul, saying he'd join the bandwagon this once. Sho picked up on this though, rather... strongly:
Shocari on Day Two said:
Setoshi. DIE. You little whore. The fact that you edited your post to hide this is incredibly suspicious. I'm going to vote against you next round with pleasure.
It could be a simple mistake on Setoshi's part, or it could be something more sinister. However, Shocari didn't end up voting for Setoshi the next day, instead attacking Dia for accusing him, and died on Day Four. In any case, Setoshi hasn't yet posted since, and it looks like he'll die due to inactivity.

Also Shiny, in response to your queries, I was rather busy around Days Two and Three, being on holiday and having to manage the house alone and whatnot. It isn't that I'm hiding, rather it is easier to take on all of your points, seeing as you keep making the ones I might make! :p But today, with so little activity, I felt it was a good time to make myself really heard! =D I shall be a bigger part in discussions from now on, I hope.

Finally, in summary, Mr.RMA and Belle are the most likely candidates to be lynched today, and Shiny's going for Mr.RMA, but I don't feel he's suspicious enough, especially alongside Belle, so I think, that my desicion is to lynch Belle. Sorry I can't join you there Shiny.

(god it took ages to write all that D=)

Mr.RMA

.....So that's the way it's gonna be is it, Shiny? Well, I guess that's understandable, seeing how I've proven myself incapable of my own defense. Still.....

At this point, I don't care anymore. I've made attempts since the day before to recover from the mistakes of accusing Rolly without enough reasoning, but it's only gotten me as far as Cycloneblaze saying I'm not suspicious enough, and from...Shiny's post...I can only assume the suspicion's more than enough for the others. Even though I stand by the fact that I was simply trying to help move the voting along, something that, as we can plainly see from this day, has been slowing with the steady loss of players.

I'm just gonna go back to my old mistakes and vote to lynch Belle, and if this is the nail in the coffin for any of you, then thank you, and good night.

I'll say quickly that this is the final nail in Belle's coffin if nothing changes that, and when I said you aren't suspicious enough, I mainly meant everyone beside Belle, I guess. Your one post since that defending yourself didn't do much to put my mind at ease, I'll say that much.

EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong, but everyone who seemed to give up after being accused (last game anyway) turned out to be Mafia, so is that a clue as to Mr.RMA's motivations, especially considering that with his own vote he's saved himself? There's something to consider there.

EDIT2:grammar D=<

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

I would like to put your minds to rest about Belle.

Like I said in the previous day, Sho and Belle have been working together as a sort of tag-team of sorts from the get-go. It can be assumed that Sho is a townsperson, since if he was mafia he would've been announced by now. Similarly, I've already stated how I believed that Rolly was on the opposite team of Dia and Dark; since Belle has accused him, and has also been one of the most active voices against Dia, it's close to impossible that she's mafia.

Of course, Chad could be playing a smart game and chose her, but eh, I don't think that's very likely. I think that it'll be more likely to choose one of the quieter voices in the game, because most of us would think that he chose a louder voice, right? ^^;

Also, Cody does bring up a good point; last game, Brendan used two deaths (mine and RMA's) to frame Weeds. It could be possible that mafia is doing the same thing this time XD

Since I don't have anything else to say, I'm just going to go on ahead and lynch Mr.RMA. Cycloneblaze has some good points about him, and I was already suspicious of him. Shiny's post does me a little bit less suspicious of Belle, though. Just a little.

And just to clear things up, I didn't post yesterday because I didn't have internet.

Shiny, I guess you have some good points there about Belle, but I'm still suspicious of her. However I'm a bit hung up on the fact that Mr.RMA saved himself (at the time) from being lynched with his own vote, and if he'd realised that (as he seemingly did not) then he could have made a more convincing post and perhaps directed our current votes away from him. I think I'll change my vote, to lynch Mr.RMA, but I'm still suspicious of Belle. =/

Mr.RMA

Well, look what we have here. A bandwagon. Hey, if I'm gonna go out, I'm gonna go out the way I've been playing this whole time. I vote to lynch Mr.RMA.

Have fun getting slaughtered everyone

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

herp derp writer's block. also LoL.

in short: RMA's dead. he's townsperson. also suicided before you guys could murder him, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.