• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia 2: Day Four: A Rather Squiddy Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
ARE YOU HAPPY NOW SHINY

CEPHALOPODIC DESTRUCTION

Carmen, the Detective, has been killed after a long and insightful run late last night in the park. Medics were too late to save her, and she passed away en route to the hospital. Shocari has also been picked off, sniped - quite literally - in his bed. The killer escaped before the gunshot was heard by anyone.

In other news, Indie has been found plastered to a wall near the Town Hall, with what looks suspiciously like markings made by a squid nearby. The squid has yet to be apprehended. In unrelated news, stunned pedestrians found a catapult lying in the middle of a road some six miles away, with the words "squid launcher" engraved into the side. Indie has revealed to be a townsperson.​

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Re: Day Four (August 3rd-4th): A Rather Squiddy Wednesday

Yes, quite happy.

Wow... that was... wow. Now the detective is dead, and two townspeople as well.

I really expected Carmi to be a mafia person for a while, so this news really surprised me. The same applies for Indie. Sho was one of our biggest assets in this game, being able to deduce almost right away who was mafia and who wasn't. Having both him and Red out of the picture is just horrible, and couple that with the fact that detective is now gone... wow, this round could've really turned the tide on us.

At least we still have the vigilante and the doctor XD

However, looking over this... looks like everyone who participated last game was townsperson. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm innocent like they were, but eh, I know who I am. XD (btw I'm townsperson :p)

Re: Day Four (August 3rd-4th): A Rather Squiddy Wednesday

god
dammit

that's THREE
THREE PEOPLE I LOVE
you're all dead to me
literally
or you will be
I will have your heads on pikes by morning
sob

SO
anyway now let's see
Since there are zero leads to go on, let's try throwing accusations around again
we managed to fish out like six people doing that last time
I'm going to say that itr's probably the quiet ones
because they're all that is left.
Cody, DarkSpyro, Rolly and Ked...
You've all been very quiet.
And if the odds are with me one of you is bound to be mafia |D

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Re: Day Four (August 3rd-Next Thursday): A Rather Squiddy Wednesday

I've been reading through posts from both games for some kind of resemblance to what happened before, but I haven't been able to find enough proof that anyone is pulling off the same stunt that Brendan did...just proves I've done nothing but follow the bandwagon this round. In any case, I do agree that there's a pretty big chance that one or more of those that Belle listed are in fact Mafia members, but that doesn't mean those that are active in the discussion should be overlooked as well. There may very well be a Mafia member attempting to sound as innocent and heartbroken as some townspeople in order to gain our trust. Still, that's just my attempt to bring my own thoughts into this game, that of which I haven't given since, I think day three of last round, and what do you know, I was killed after that. This may just end up hurting for me in the long run...

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Let me analyze everything that everyone's posted. |D

Mr. RMA: Like last game, in his first post he's crying out for blood. Nothing new there, so I can't deduce what role he could possibly be from that. He also hasn't posted as much as last game, but apparently his alibi is because his internet's been down.

Ked: He was willing to abstain on day one, like most other people, before he jumped onto the Savichez bandwagon. So far, he's jumped onto every single bandwagon. Besides that, there seems to be nothing to report.

DarkSpyro97: Like Ked, he was willing to abstain on day one, but jumped onto the Savichez bandwagon. He did something similar in day 2, abstaining before changing his vote to lynching DS.

Tunduli: She joined onto the Savichez bandwagon. She's willing to lynch people, but she doesn't like accusing people herself. She has hopped onto every bandwagon so far; however, she has voiced the possibility that DS might be innocent, but this is most likely due to the fact that she's relatively close to DS outside of the game.

LoN: Apparently, in day 1 he agreed with Belle that lynching was the best idea for that day, but, unlike Belle, didn't want to randomly accuse people. He was reluctant to lynch DS for reasons unstated, but in the end still chose to lynch him anyways. However, he abacked up Sho pretty well in day 3. He also jumped onto the Dia bandwagon pretty early-ish.

Cody: This guy here is a regular, and I've seen him around for quite a bit. However, he's not posting much in this mafia game, and his posts are usually relatively short compared to other regulars' posts. He also didn't outright vote in day 3, and somewhat voiced suspicion of Sho. (To me, it seemed as if he was trying to redirect the flow of arguments from Dia to Sho, but I might be over-analyzing things)

Belle: She was the person who first accused Savichez out of the blue, with nothing to back herself up. Of course, she claims to have given the reason for why she wanted to lynch Savichez in chat, which Sem can attest to, but I still wonder why she didn't put those thoughts here, where all of us could see them. We also now know that Savichez was innocent, which puts a mark on Belle. Also, looking back at several people's posts, a few people (Savichez, Dia, and Myth Busted) have all accused her of being in league with the mafia. ALSO, in her last post, she's only mentioned four people out of the remaining 11 (not including herself). I find that suspicious, but she does bring up a point that these people have been a little too quiet.

Setoshi: He abstained in day 1. Then, in day 2, he wanted to lynch a dead person, Sem (how does that even work? o_O), before he quickly edited his post to make it look like he was joining the bandwagon.

Cycloneblaze: Apparently, this guy only votes until after everyone else had voted. He abstained in day 1, and refrained from lynching DS until "further developements", when it was clear that the DS bandwagon was more than well established by then, and the day was about to close.

Rolly: He was absent on day 1, so we can ignore that. He at first chose to abstain on day 2, because he hadn't looked through the threads, before he finally cast his vote to lynch DS. He also lynched Dia like the rest of us.

Chad: Due to Savichez's lack of a good self-defense, he ended up lynching her. As for the things about Blazi and Dark Soul, well, he said that he didn't find Blazi suspicious at all, and was "conflicted" with lynching DS. He also says that "hopefully, they [Blazi and Dark Soul] were in the same family as Katie and Luckii", which, to me, is almost as if he's trying to throw us off track or something. Almost as if he was trying to give us false hope that one family was gone. However, like most others, he also said that he trusted Sho, and lynched Dia, which nullifies the previous arguments a little.

... wow, I sure wrote a lot. TL;DR~

I AM SUSPICIOUS OF ANYONE AND EVERYONE AND I HAVE NO IDEA AS TO WHO'S MAFIA AND WHO'S NOT THIS TIME T.T

Shiny 徐壽琳 said:
Cycloneblaze: Apparently, this guy only votes until after everyone else had voted. He abstained in day 1, and refrained from lynching DS until "further developements", when it was clear that the DS bandwagon was more than well established by then, and the day was about to close.
The reason I waited was because, to me, it looked like more was to be said, DS hadn't really defended himself IIRC, and I didn't check the date or realise what day it was. XD In any case, the days end late, and there's always a chance for more stuff to happen.
As for now, I think we've kinda run out of steam (in our accusations), but someone will accuse someone else of something eventually.

Shiny 徐壽琳 said:
Let me analyze everything that everyone's posted. |D

Mr. RMA: Like last game, in his first post he's crying out for blood. Nothing new there, so I can't deduce what role he could possibly be from that. He also hasn't posted as much as last game, but apparently his alibi is because his internet's been down.

Ked: He was willing to abstain on day one, like most other people, before he jumped onto the Savichez bandwagon. So far, he's jumped onto every single bandwagon. Besides that, there seems to be nothing to report.

DarkSpyro97: Like Ked, he was willing to abstain on day one, but jumped onto the Savichez bandwagon. He did something similar in day 2, abstaining before changing his vote to lynching DS.

Tunduli: She joined onto the Savichez bandwagon. She's willing to lynch people, but she doesn't like accusing people herself. She has hopped onto every bandwagon so far; however, she has voiced the possibility that DS might be innocent, but this is most likely due to the fact that she's relatively close to DS outside of the game.

LoN: Apparently, in day 1 he agreed with Belle that lynching was the best idea for that day, but, unlike Belle, didn't want to randomly accuse people. He was reluctant to lynch DS for reasons unstated, but in the end still chose to lynch him anyways. However, he abacked up Sho pretty well in day 3. He also jumped onto the Dia bandwagon pretty early-ish.

Cody: This guy here is a regular, and I've seen him around for quite a bit. However, he's not posting much in this mafia game, and his posts are usually relatively short compared to other regulars' posts. He also didn't outright vote in day 3, and somewhat voiced suspicion of Sho. (To me, it seemed as if he was trying to redirect the flow of arguments from Dia to Sho, but I might be over-analyzing things)

Belle: She was the person who first accused Savichez out of the blue, with nothing to back herself up. Of course, she claims to have given the reason for why she wanted to lynch Savichez in chat, which Sem can attest to, but I still wonder why she didn't put those thoughts here, where all of us could see them. We also now know that Savichez was innocent, which puts a mark on Belle. Also, looking back at several people's posts, a few people (Savichez, Dia, and Myth Busted) have all accused her of being in league with the mafia. ALSO, in her last post, she's only mentioned four people out of the remaining 11 (not including herself). I find that suspicious, but she does bring up a point that these people have been a little too quiet.

Setoshi: He abstained in day 1. Then, in day 2, he wanted to lynch a dead person, Sem (how does that even work? o_O), before he quickly edited his post to make it look like he was joining the bandwagon.

Rolly: He was absent on day 1, so we can ignore that. He at first chose to abstain on day 2, because he hadn't looked through the threads, before he finally cast his vote to lynch DS. He also lynched Dia like the rest of us.

Chad: Due to Savichez's lack of a good self-defense, he ended up lynching her. As for the things about Blazi and Dark Soul, well, he said that he didn't find Blazi suspicious at all, and was "conflicted" with lynching DS. He also says that "hopefully, they [Blazi and Dark Soul] were in the same family as Katie and Luckii", which, to me, is almost as if he's trying to throw us off track or something. Almost as if he was trying to give us false hope that one family was gone. However, like most others, he also said that he trusted Sho, and lynched Dia, which nullifies the previous arguments a little.

... wow, I sure wrote a lot. TL;DR~

I AM SUSPICIOUS OF ANYONE AND EVERYONE AND I HAVE NO IDEA AS TO WHO'S MAFIA AND WHO'S NOT THIS TIME T.T

Excellent post. I wholeheartedly agree. Cycloneblaze is catching my eye especially, with his bandwagon records and curious abstaining.

Setoshi is making me beyond suspicious with his vote to lynch Sem of all people, and his quick editing. Lucky that Sho caught it because otherwise he could have gotten away with it. Very, very suspicious.

Ked's lack of posting where she is usually much more active is odd. The lack of participation is giving me suspicions, but of course, not enough yet to draw my conclusions.

I am not voting until someone kicks up a storm.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

... oh Sorry Ked, I forgot your gender for a moment. XD

Thank you for that post Shiny, it gave me a pretty good picture on what to think for now. And as you said, I have been pretty quiet. That mostly because I don't want to accuse anyone without any proof. Sho's dead was pretty certain if you ask me, he had found out so many mafia members that the mafia had to play safe. And as for Belle's post, the quiet ones can be dangerous (did I just accuse myself?).

Argh, I suck at this game, I don't know what I think at the moment. I better step up I guess.

As for now, I'm going to see if anyone can whip up a disussion again.

Shiny 徐壽琳 said:

I appreciate the breakdown of people's posting history, it has really good insight Shiny ^^ And I would have quoted the whole thing, but that would be obnoxious. For the most part, I agree with the majority of what you said, however I want to clear up a few things that you pointed out about me.

Firstly, I never said that I didn't find Blazi suspicious at all I only said that the post that was being called into question I didn't find particularly suspicious. I mean (no offense, Blazi, unless you take offense, then whatevski :p) but Blazi does have a tendency to get a little bit worked up and, well, annoying, at times. At least, that's my opinion. So, the fact that he was running about and shouting things and quoting things unnecessarily and listing off "exhibits" wasn't entirely a surprise, it was something I expected from him. If he had been more reserved, I probably would have found that to be more suspicious, in all honesty, since it's really unlike him.

As for DS, I did find him suspicious, but I'm a bit hesitant to lynch people based on their defending of another person. By that logic, everyone who defended Sho after Dia called attention to him would have made themselves out to be targets too; when in all actuality they were just defending someone based on their own opinions of him. I admit that DS and Blazi both turned out to be mafia, and that was entirely fortuitous, but I just feel bad voting to lynch anyone. I'm not really a violent spirit; even if my RP persona may be :p

Also, I agree with Belle's post, mostly. I think that we could draw attention to more than four of the eleven people left, but the least active of the bunch tend to seem a bit suspicious. I think that all four of them do seem a bit off, just from the fact that they haven't really been around at all.

Though, I do find Belle a bit suspicious as well (I'm sorry, Ilu really </3)

Then again, at this point I find everyone to be suspicious and I've pretty much locked myself in my room and decided to limit human contact because anyone and everyone could be plotting to kill me |D

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Since we're not going to get ANYWHERE at this rate, let's just accuse someone. |D

... though I really don't know who to accuse since you're all so suspicious hurrr >:V

Just so we all know, I'm gone and can't post until Sunday/Monday. I did PM Teapot about this.

Also Shiny, I wouldn't point fingers until we have something to go on. We accused Savichez for no reason on Day One and look where that got us. Don't just pick a name from a hat.

Stupid idea is stupid but:

How about we accuse someone that has been very passive? Then we can kill people and still keep the discussion going. (Argh, did I just accuse myself again?)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Alright, since you volunteered yourself about twice now~

Lynch Rolly

I knew it... Well, I do suck at this game. But think about it in this way; you could kill me, but then again I actually take somewhat part in the game. There are some that barely do anything, and at least I have been somewhat around all the time.

Haha, Rolly. Bad move.

Your defence is lacking. I'm not going to lynch you yet.

The guy I'm most suspicious of is Mr. RMA.

Still haven't decided yet...

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

I know, Rolly, I was kidding. :p

... heh, I like how Myth is accusing RMA. Reminds me of the rivalry between RMA and Weeds last round for some reason XD

I do agree with Belle that we should lynch some of the quieter people, though. It's far too likely that they're probably mafia.

Shiny 徐壽琳 said:

... heh, I like how Myth is accusing RMA. Reminds me of the rivalry between RMA and Weeds last round for some reason XD

I do agree with Belle that we should lynch some of the quieter people, though. It's far too likely that they're probably mafia.

They are Mafia who are hiding in the shadows, hoping we won't figure out their true alliances and that they survive. Too sneaky. These quiet ones must be eliminated.

I have a shortlist.

Not voting yet.

Shiny 徐壽琳 said:
Cody?

[me=LoN]throws something out there.[/me]

Shiny 徐壽琳 said:

I was actually really scared there for an instant. Anyhow, this round was really tough.

LoN ya breakin' my heart.

Anywho, on to business.

Shiny, that post was beautiful. Thank you xD

That being said, my not voting wasn't something I did on purpose. I forgot and when I remembered to vote the thread had been locked.

I'm not ready to go pointing any right away, though. However, just as a side thought, I suppose, Belle did defend Sho back on Day One. The accusation was a playful one from Red, and as Belle later defended herself, she was trying to keep things from spiraling out of control (correct me if I'm wrong Belle ilu ;_; ) Sho has been killed and his alignment wasn't revealed. Belle could have been defending a fellow mafia member -- probably not the most likely, but something to consider, for sure.

I'll have to go back and reread the other threads before saying anything rash, but Myth Busted's short to-the-point posts make me a bit wary, like he's trying really hard to not incriminate himself.

(EDIT: Fixed the ( ;_; ) so it didn't make a winky face.)

Well, let's think on this for a minute now.
The ones I've picked on were just the people who have been the most quiet; not many of the outspoken people are actually left. Because they're dead.
And I've already stated why I suspect the quietest people; because it's the easiest way to not draw attention to yourself. (It's okay guys I have alerted them of your presence :D)
And I don't actually suspect many people, but that's primarily because I have nothing to go on.
For now though, the one that stands out to me the most... I guess would be Ked. I mean, jumping on the end of every bandwagon is a pretty mafia-esque thing to do so as to not draw attention to yourself.
But I'd like to see how he defends himself before I cast any kind of vote.

And for the record, Sho was innocent.
But you'll have to take my word for it~

also you guys STOP KILLING OUR WOMEN.
god.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Yes, Sho was innocent. Totally take her word for it~

But seriously though, it's been a good few hours, and not a single actual lynching post? Our ratio is really bad now; about a third to a fifth of the remaining live people could easily be mafia, if the ratio this round is similar to last round regarding the original mafia to townspeople thing. Sitting here twiddling our thumbs isn't going to help much.

Like Belle said on day one, throwing random accusations around might be unorthodox, but it'll at least lead us towards the right path.

So I guess I'll stick to my lynching of Rolly, since you haven't given me any reason to NOT lynch you yet.

Mr.RMA

Well, I guess that's the best method we can go by for the time being.
In that case, I'll vote to lynch Rolly as well.

Mr.RMA said:

In my opinion this post seemed like quite a comfortable solution for you RMA.. It's easy to vote like everyone else (in this case just Shiny, but anyhow).

Mr.RMA said:

Oh no, you don't.
There wasn't even a bandwagon on this first time. If you're Mafia, you'll be laughing so hard if Rolly gets lynched and is innocent. You're going to try and form an almost non-existent bandwagon or join the tiny one there already is. That doesn't seem right. Why would you want to lynch Rolly so fast? Even after Shiny says that she's just kidding? I think you are most definitely hiding in the shadows in this game and you've finally done it for me.
If you're innocent, I'm sorry, but for now, I'm going to lynch Mr. RMA.

D

Darkspyro97

Shiny 徐壽琳 said:

Shiny, thanks for letting me know what looks suspicious of me, I've been quite quiet and jumping on all the bandwagons mostly for this being my first game, though I'll try to get on a bigger statement rather than joining others in the bandwagon.

Mr.RMA said:

With which statements? there is nothing that can make Rolly guilty, I mean, just for trowing in an idea to work with the quiet ones doesn't mean that he is mafia? or which mafia would give out themselves instead of pointing out to someone else. In my opinion, Rolly is at this point innocent, unless something reveals the opposite. For the moment I'll stay with Myth and lynch you Mr. MRA

Ooh the drama. Me gusta.

Anyway, RMA jumping right on the tiny little jokewagon is a bit...eager. I want to see him defend himself before I make any decisions, though.

Also, Belle, what are you talking about? There aren't any girls on the Internet. You silly.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

^CODY WHAT D:<

Anyways, onto srsbzns now~ Wow, that's something to look at now. XD

Dear Rolly, are you sure that not defending yourself is smart in this situation? You still haven't given me anything to make me change my vote, and as such, I'm still not changing my vote.

Arma, good sir, I was just waiting for someone to jump up and join the nonexistant bandwagon. Did you think that voting with me was going to make you look innocent? No, it does not. In fact, as you can see, it makes you look more suspicious than anything else. There wasn't any reasoning whatsoever in your post for lynching Rolly, which I can say is similar to your previous posts for lynching other people. Never once did you put forward any reason other than "bandwagon" for your reasons to lynch. However, like Cody, I want to see you defend yourself before I make any final decisions~

To Myth Busted, your reasoning is very faulty for most anything I've seen you post. In Day 3, you noted that Belle and Dia were working together, but if you had payed closer attention to their posts, you would have found out that that was not the case. And didn't you hear me about his alibi for not posting much was because his internet was down? You've been bashing down on people from Day 2, and it seems to me like you aren't paying very careful attention to posts. You're a liability to us townspeople if you continue ignoring the details and using your faulty reasoning to make people look like what they're not.

That's my little two cents for now. I'm still wary about lynching Rolly, but since I have no one better to lynch at the moment (and Rolly STILL hasn't given me a defense yet), I won't change my vote. Not yet, anyways~ (as I mentioned in my second paragraph)

Well this was a turn I didn't expect. I do agree that choosing to lynch me so fast was a bit eager.

And Shiny, I can say that I haven't brought up much of a defence, and I probably won't give you one since I don't know what to say really. The reason I've been so silent is, well, you have seen for yourself. As soon as I opened my mouth I got a vote...

And I still don't know what to vote. So I'll be waiting, I guess.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

If you don't defend yourself, you won't see me changing my vote any time soon.

However, it might not matter at the end of all this because a bandwagon will ensure and my vote probably won't count at all by the time that happens XD

Let's see... Uhm (I am really bad at this game), every post that I wrote felt like it turned me against myself, and the fact that I commented it with things like "did I just accuse myself" made it somewhat wierd.

^bad defence is bad.

Mr.RMA

Well, seems I made a mistake. Honestly, what I was trying to do was throw an accusation and see how the accused would react, and to be honest, Rolly, you didn't exactly give any reason for me to change my mind from either my, or Shiny's accusation, so I'm standing by it.
Also, yes, I was pretty eager to support what was apparently a joke vote, mainly because I was thinking over what shiny had said before that:
Shiny 徐壽琳 said:
But seriously though, it's been a good few hours, and not a single actual lynching post? Our ratio is really bad now; about a third to a fifth of the remaining live people could easily be mafia, if the ratio this round is similar to last round regarding the original mafia to townspeople thing. Sitting here twiddling our thumbs isn't going to help much.

Like Belle said on day one, throwing random accusations around might be unorthodox, but it'll at least lead us towards the right path.
I thought that was a good plan, so I tried to go along with it.

Think about this; there are probably way more townsfolk than mafia. Also, the chance of killing either detective or healer is a possibility (if so a small one). So just killing people randomly actually makes the mafia's job easier. It is not a good plan according to me.

Myth Busted said:
If you're innocent, I'm sorry, but for now, I'm going to lynch Mr. RMA.
You don't want to do that, sir.

Cody, I'm curious as to why you've mentioned only innocents in your post (Sho, Red, Belle, Myth) - care to elaborate?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

I'm curious about that too, Cody.

Rolly said:
Think about this; there are probably way more townsfolk than mafia. Also, the chance of killing either detective or healer is a possibility (if so a small one). So just killing people randomly actually makes the mafia's job easier. It is not a good plan according to me.

Dude. You realize that detective is DEAD, right? Randomly accusing people at this point is our best plan at the moment, since it gets people talking and showing who they really are.

EDIT: Also, if you don't even bother reading either the first or last posts, then you're a liability to our progress. Your defense, although you made one, also was fairly weak. Accusing yourself just shows how you are most likely mafia. Inexperienced players tend to do this from what I see in real life games.

I must've missed the detective part :-\ For the defence, I'll say as it is, and that is that I don't really know what to say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiny, LoN, I'm not entirely sure what you're asking me...I'll gladly explain if you give me a bit more to go off of, though. But I'll see if I can do anything:

I mentioned Red because of the scenario. Sho's alignment hasn't been revealed yet, so unless he has confided in you two that he was a towns person, I can hardly call him innocent. Same goes with Belle. I'd love to believe that she's innocent, and I'm not trying to downright accuse her of anything right now -- I was just theorizing to keep our options open. As for Myth, I have no way of knowing his alignment, though, again, he may have confided in you. I mentioned him because his posts before mine were short, like he was trying hard not to incriminate himself, as I said already.

Is that what you were looking for? If it's not let me know and I'll try to clarify ^^

Anyway, Rolly is seeming a bit panicky to me (though really, I guess that's reasonable) and not really offering up a solid defense. And, like Shiny said, if he's not even reading all the posts thoroughly, he'll hinder progress -- kind of like Setoshi did when he tried to lynch the already-dead Sem.

Cody said:
Is that what you were looking for? If it's not let me know and I'll try to clarify ^^
You mentioned an awful lot about incriminating people - NO ONE wants to be incriminated here. The townspeople wish to keep their names clear because they're innocent, and the mafia want to keep their names clear because they want to win... makes sense that your incriminated argument is a little weak.

What makes you innocent, sir? Convince me ♥

For now, lynch Rolly.

Status
Not open for further replies.