• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia 2: Day One: Returning in Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Re: Day One (July 23rd-24th): Returning in Force

What defense, dear Brendan? I said he's suspicious. But like I said with Tan when everyone accused him early last game, give the man a chance. Tan wasn't mafia then, now was he? ;) Didn't think so. What I really got from that post though, was that Brendan has grown a little too big for his britches after that last game (not to mention that he thinks he won by himself, when really it was Sem that won him that game). And my "accusing" is like Sem's accusing thus far (minus Savichez) just having fun and throwing names out there, Brendan is the first person to grasp at complete straws and try to throw as many names under the bus as possible because people said things like "I'm mafia, kill Data!". Yeah, that's so utterly suspicious~ So is saying "lynch Sem, he's a meanie-face!" I don't really trust Brendan's integrity, he's trying far too much to stir us all up at this stage in the game.

We have a man who f'ed up and pretty much outed himself as mafia, and Brendan would rather accuse everyone and anyone who has posted before him and accused people (yet I noticed he didn't accuse Katie who posted a similar type post to me accusing Sem, suspicious perhaps?) Plus Brendan has stated that he "[has] a good base for later accusations in coming days." Based off what? Silly throwaway accusations? Why are you taking are jokes for such truth, unless you really take the game that seriously. :x

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Sir Red said:
"lynch Sem, he's a meanie-face!"

[me=Linkachu]will save this line for later on. >=3[/me]

(yet I noticed he didn't accuse Katie who posted a similar type post to me accusing Sem, suspicious perhaps?)

Was wondering the same thing. :x

As it seems absolutely ridiculous to lynch someone already while we're one day into the competition, I'll just abstain from this round. However, next round, I'm in and I'll be ready.

Red, I'm not Mafia this round, either. Your Joker logic is flawed ;D And I've been thinking and I do think it best that we lynch instead of abstaining. We might get lucky and hit Mafia. I change my vote to lynching Savichez.

I swear on Monty Python and the Holy Grail that I'm innocent :O

Red, I never said the "I'm mafia, kill Data!" meant anything worthwhile, mostly because I knew how long Shiny was waiting to say that. I never commented on Katie's accusation, so you can't hold me against that. And I accused Savichez, not the others. The others were informative pieces, to share what I thought and see what the others think, and also so that I have these written down somewhere for reference later. Clearly you don't like that at all, I wonder what that means...

I am aware that some of these are jokes, though that doesn't exempt them from consideration at least. And yes, I am probably playing this too seriously at the moment, I will probably pipe down later, but I wanted to get all that off my chest first.

And the main reason for me ignoring Katie then was because she made her post when I was building mine, so I didn't see it until I had mine ready. She and Sem do seem to have a rivalry going on already, very similar to Weeds and RMA in the last game. I am still not sure what to make of this, since I didn't really process it yet, though I'll happily share my thoughts later on when they mature.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Sem said:
Yes. Trust me. Trusting me did wonders last round |DDDDDDDDDDD
Got me killed. You jerk.

Anyways, I'm immediately suspicious of Sem for calling out on Savichez, but that's just me. It's probably because I just want him out asap because of how I was manipulated last round (and how he chose to save himself instead of saving me last round).

Last edited by a moderator:

So..... I left for a bit, came back, and BAAMM, I started a fire. I'm glad you guys are accusing people with reasoning and all, I was just hoping it wouldn't be me. Thanks for analyzing my way of speaking though. x3 I know I haven't been around and no one understands my terrible sense of humor and my awful uses of sarcasm... but seriously guys? I at least know better than to throw the mafia act out there. I know I was warned against giving away my role, and I didn't plan to act fishy.... but who am I kidding, thats how I act, and even if I tell you I'm a townsperson, no one would believe me. I AM A TOWNSPERSON. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT!
You know, instead of abstaining, can I jump on the bandwagon and vote to lynch myself? x3
Oh, and I'm a girl by the way. Misleading name is misleading.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

@Brendan:
The thing is, this game is much more relaxed than the last will seem to be. Your post was the first serious post of the bunch (even when we were accusing Savichez it was still fun), and thus it drew a serious response from me. Just looking at my body of posts from the first game it should be known that I post very long, heated responses to people who analyze things without any real proof (or Sho's attempted proof :p). Oh, and another reason to kill Sho is that he is the reason I died last time. >=O [/grudge hold]

I still say you're suspicious, and I'm pretty convinced that you are at the very least not a normal townsfolk. Whether you're mafia or something else is beyond me, though.

Anyways, seeing as Savichez's fate looks sealed. Lynch Savichez

I'm crazy, I know. :3

When I die, can I go out in style? That way, the townspeople can remember their first failure and hopefully learn something from it. Even if I die and you learn that I was just a regular townsperson, it doesn't matter. What matters is that we out number them. Them being the mafia. So if you wanna kill me, go ahead. Seeing as you guys won't be content if I defend myself too much or not enough, I've accepted death. And I'm being a drama queen about it. So there.

Being under fire is fun. And scary. But fun! x3

Savichez is looking pretty suspicious right about now~
I'm just going to jump on the bandwagon and vote to lynch Savichez.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Savichez said:
I'm crazy, I know. :3

When I die, can I go out in style? That way, the townspeople can remember their first failure and hopefully learn something from it. Even if I die and you learn that I was just a regular townsperson, it doesn't matter. What matters is that we out number them. Them being the mafia. So if you wanna kill me, go ahead. Seeing as you guys won't be content if I defend myself too much or not enough, I've accepted death. And I'm being a drama queen about it. So there.

Being under fire is fun. And scary. But fun! x3

If Sem didn't learn from his multiple failures last game, he's not going to start learning now. :p Plus, in this game, you are guilty until proven innocent. :p

Savichez said:
I know I haven't been around and no one understands my terrible sense of humor and my awful uses of sarcasm... but seriously guys?

Wait. You KNEW we wouldn't get your sense of humor and sarcasm, yet you decided to use it anyway? That seems rather...odd. Why would you do something that could possibly be misleading on purpose? To draw out our true thoughts so the Mafia can better gauge who to kill? Are you some sort of slave to the Mafia?

After checking your first post as well as these last two, if I wasn't sure before, I sure am now: lynch Savichez.

Shocari said:
Wait. You KNEW we wouldn't get your sense of humor and sarcasm, yet you decided to use it anyway? That seems rather...odd. Why would you do something that could possibly be misleading on purpose? To draw out our true thoughts so the Mafia can better gauge who to kill? Are you some sort of slave to the Mafia?

After checking your first post as well as these last two, if I wasn't sure before, I sure am now: lynch Savichez.

Yes. I don't make good decisions obviously. And slave to the mafia? -.- No, I got here, noticed you guys were all going to kill me anyway, and decided to be all dramatic and overly exert my powers of defense.

And please don't use the fact that I said I've accepted death but I'm still defending myself as a reason here. I'm defending myself to make things interested. And perhaps I'll get out of this hole I've dug myself. Forget that. I'm toast. x3

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Ooh, bandwagon time?
So no one wants to go with my vote of lynching Data/Teapot? I'm sad... but hey yeah, lynch Savichez. XD

I LEAVE POKECHARMS FOR TWELVE HOURS AND I GET FOUR PAGES? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?

But yes, as people have clearly pointed out, Savichez is the most suspicious at this current moment in time.

She has been clearly exclaiming, over and over that she is townsperson. If anything, that just screams mafia to me.

Exhibit A:
Savichez said:
I AM A TOWNSPERSON. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT!

Secondly, as her fate is becoming more clear, she hasn't even attempted to save himself, not trying to point blame the other way. She's doing the same thing both Sir Red and Dwayna of last time did shortly before they died.

Exhibits B & C:
Savichez said:
You know, instead of abstaining, can I jump on the bandwagon and vote to lynch myself? x3

Savichez said:

And finally, there is the bandwagon, so I'll just jump on that.

Exhibits D, E, F, G, & H

Tunolipede said:
Lynch Savichez

Sir Red said:
Lynch Savichez

Ked said:
lynch Savichez

Shocari said:
lynch Savichez

Shiny Eevee said:
lynch Savichez

Under all of this, I vote to Lynch Savichez

Spectacularly, if that is what she wants~

oh god what have I started

I
Now I'm all uncertain though boohoohoo
But what if she isn't mafia?
and what if I got a fellow townsperson killed oh god oh god ;;

or maybe I'm just gullible ASGDFHFHJ stop making me feel bad D:

._. holy arceus what I dont even.
So I finally get on the internet for the first time today and everyone seems to have started to get down to business without me D:
I suppose that's for the best because I didn't want to feel stupid by being one of the first people to post when I've not played this game before |D
I would have abstained from spilling blood but it seems there has been a lot of suspicions towards Savichez...I don't even know if I would have noticed all the things he said if others didn't point it out. Gotta learn to be that observant!
The most logical thing to do would be to lynch Savichez

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Also, it might help others, but...

She might be the bomb, and is only trying to look like mafia/isn't trying to put down these accusations so she can take someone else down with her. XD

Waaaah now I won't be able to sleep since I was the last one to post against her ;_;

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

It's okay, Dia! XD There's still one more day of voting, and it's very likely that people will post tomorrow against her, or the majority suddenly changes, or whatever~

You don't have to vote for her, Dia. You can abstain if you so wish; no one will think any different of you. In situations like this, we have to do what we believe to be the right thing to do. And if that means you don't want to kill someone, then don't choose to.

Geez. I'm super late to the discussion, I see. Curse Saturday being the day I can't do anything until the house is clean D: Anyway, after reading the entirety of the discussion up till now (which took forever! Seriously, guys, four pages and it's only been like 12 hours D:<) I think I am ready to chime in.

I didn't play last round, so I have next to no idea what the -EFF- I'm doing, but here's my 2 cents anyway.

Savichez is looking really suspicious at the moment, but I'm having trouble deciding if that's simply because of all of the scrutiny her posts have been under or if I really find them to be suspicious. When I read that first post, I thought it was a bit off, but I was ready to just brush it aside. The initial idea I most readily agreed with was abstaining unless someone acted suspiciously. Then I thought about the fact that the mafia families would be picking off people and we wouldn't even have started trying to defend ourselves. It's a tough decision.

I'd hate to throw accusations about wildly, and it definitely won't help our numbers to do so, but I don't really want to vote to lynch Savichez just to jump on a bandwagon. At least, this was my thinking up until I saw her try to defend herself, which is what I was interested to see; how convincing an argument she had. After seeing her complete lack of self-defense, I think that I'm going to have to agree with the general consensus and vote to Lynch Savichez. Based on the fact that she's given me no reason to believe she isn't dangerous.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

After looking through the posts again for about the 5th time now, I've noticed that several people have posted significantly longer posts than others. The one post that caught my eye the most was Blazi's, for a few reasons.

One, it's been pretty much sealed by the time he had posted that Savichez was going to die by our lynching. Why bother putting up all the quotes?

Two, he hasn't even expanded or explained most of them (not counting the "lynch Savichez" ones), meaning "exhibit B and exhibit C". I could also argue against the point he made in exhibit A; Tan also didn't put up much of a fight, similar to Red and Dway, but he turned out to be innocent. And Red put up a very good defense for himself (or rather, heated defense) up until the point El brought out the screenshot.

Also, I've counted that about 14, if not 15 have voted to lynch Savichez, not including herself. I have reason to believe that even though there's a majority here, it's possible that Savichez is actually innocent. Mafia people are voting as well, and why would they vote against their own members unless they had a really good reason to? And I know there are two mafia groups, but it's highly likely that members from both groups have voted, and if I use this reasoning, it's very possible that Savichez is actually innocent.

I'm not changing my vote just yet, since I want to see how other people lap up this information~

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Shiny Eevee said:
Two, he hasn't even expanded or explained most of them (not counting the "lynch Savichez" ones), meaning "exhibit B and exhibit C". I could also argue against the point he made in exhibit A; Tan also didn't put up much of a fight, similar to Red and Dway, but he turned out to be innocent. And Red put up a very good defense for himself (or rather, heated defense) up until the point El brought out the screenshot.

Yes, I fought my ass off and only admitted defeat when I knew my fate was 100% sealed. So don't you say that I didn't fight my ass off. People really need to stop trying to use my actions last game as points, seeing as both times they have been mentioned thus far they have omitted things that make their arguments null and void (my defending of myself, and Brendan saying I defended Tan, which was me saying I wanted to see what Tan had to say before we all lynched him, and thus that is suspicious despite Tan being innocent and me not. Really folks, let's look at the whole picture and not pick and choose to make our ridiculous statements sound true. ; )

I'm posting on my phone now so I can't do any fancy quotes or anything, but bare with me!

I was thinking about it yesterday and I do agree with Shiny on the 'mafia are voting too' thing. I mean, I had those same thoughts yesterday but I thought I'd leave it just in case something else popped up. It does sort of make me think that maybe, just maybe, the mafia have got us and are joining in because we put up a good argument against her and they can slip in and tag along with us without seeming suspicious. I dunno, though ... I'm sort of just blabbering now so I'll try to stop |D

Not changing my vote just yet, but I thought I might as well repeat what Shiny said say what crossed my mind earlier ^^;

Wow, a bandwagon already?

I'm pretty sure this started because Savichez is a new member- I was in chat yesterday, after all. I'm not entirely sure wether to join or not; It'd suuuck if we killed a townsperson, and I highly doubt he's been appointed Mafia, because, again, he's new. But I'm also afraid that's exactly what the Mafia wants us to think. Mhm... I think I'll go with lynching Savichez after all.

Thanks guys. And you want a proper defense? I'll try... oh I'll try T.T

Sem, immediately comes out and says to lynch someone without any bit of proof and immediately says he's not mafia. That's kinda weird.... oh wait, you say that's just Sem? Awesome, but guess what? I've been acting like me the whole time. You guys just don't know it because, well, no one knows me yet. It's not because I don't care about the safety of the town. After all, no one has died... yet. It's inevitable though. Everyone knows that thats how its gonna happen, and why do you think my weirdly worded messages automatically mean "I'm gonna kill EVERYONE!! Muahahahaha!!! >:D"?

Comparing me to Sir Red and Dwayna from last time won't help you much. I'm not mafia, and to say so would make me a liar. So what if I am the bomb? I'm actually trying to explain myself now to spare you guys. I'm also trying not to make controversial statements because every little word I say is suspicious. You guys are really observant when it comes to things that aren't there. Good job, guys!!

I would also want to point out how suspicious Belle is right now. As the first to accuse me, she was not the first to put forward substantial proof. She seemed to accuse me out of the blue. Now she is regretting it... I don't know why. Accusations are accusations. And Sem was the first to put forward proof on me, which may just make my reasoning a grudge, but everyone came a little quick to accept the fact that I was in the mafia. The proof came a little late for me... if everyone thought I was so suspicious, why didn't you notice right away? Or.. did you skim my post? That too, thanks guys.

Plus, I feel if you guys somehow spare me a lynching, I will face death by mafia or vigilante... T.T
Something tells me I have mafia here right now all voting against me because I was foolish enough to show some... uh... bad personality traits and took the fall as one of their own. And emoticons. ^.^' And the vigilante is most likely here too, you know... voting against me.... but who isn't voting against me? I'm even voting against me x3 If it makes you guys feel better, I'll abstain lynching, thank you very much.

And why did this defense come so late? I don't know... poor thinking to start with. I'd say don't judge, but this post will somehow "seal the deal", and you won't listen to a word I say will scrutinize every detail and find it all wrong. After all, I'm a "mean mafia member!"

I'd like to put a shout out here for the few of you playing good cop and the rest of you playing bad cop :3

Shiny Eevee said:
After looking through the posts again for about the 5th time now, I've noticed that several people have posted significantly longer posts than others. The one post that caught my eye the most was Blazi's, for a few reasons.

I'm new to this whole bandwagon thing, so sue me if I feel like justifying myself.

Now now Savichez, you can put your waggling finger down off me :V
I was, in fact, the first to put forward substantial evidence, I just didn't do it here on the board. Four or so of us were in the Pokecharms chat when I first made the observation and I was pointing it out there, hence one of my earlier posts making reference to that. Any regretting that I'm doing nowadays is because I'm second-guessing myself and feel guilty |D

Anyway, with regard to Shiny's post;
You're right about the Mafia voting as well, but what we need to keep in mind is that with numbers, we need to account for the fact that ah, we don't know how many mafia there are.
15 votes to lynch is about half the capacity of total vote-able members that we have, leaving another fifteen to be just about anything. This mafia family, that mafia family, the detective, the doctor the bomb the couple...
And of course spare a few numbers that answer simply to inactivity.
And at any rate, if we do go through with lynching Savichez (keep in mind that this entire discussion spawned from a wildly thrown accusation and has exploded into thoughtful contemplation all over the place) and she does turn out to be mafia, it will be interesting to see the repercussions of such an early start :V

Oh. I didn't mean to... I sowwy. T.T Why didn't you post proof first though, Belle? Just wondering... You don't have to answer me though. It seems I am walking dead with little to no chance to come back to life. You'll be short a regular townsperson, guys.

And I honestly don't know how to put up a proper defense... Just remember it's easier to fling accusations out at someone than it is for me to defend myself. The odds aren't in my favor, and I don't believe they'll ever be. It's in my personality to give up hope, guys. But it's okay, because I'll know I'm right. And you're wrong. I am a regular townsperson. And a mafia target. The mafia families are glad that they can dispose of a townsperson before their official killings.

To make things worse for myself, unless every suddenly changes their minds and jumps on another bandwagon, I won't be home most of today to post on the thread, which pretty much makes me dead. T.T

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

I think you guys forget that the mafia families are only certain of who is in their own family - they don't know who is in the opposing family. So really, they're not much different compared to the townsfolk, as in they're just as blind.

No no! You're doing the right thing, don't apologize c:
I didn't post anything initially because I wasn't certain, all I had to go on was a rather suspicious post, and I wanted to run it by my friends first :V
That was when Sem posted the quote that we found suspicious, we were all on chat discussing it at that point

And don't don't sound so defeated o:
Each Mafia day is two days of our time, and you saw how quickly the masses flung their opinion around in just a few hours. Honestly, the point of throwing accusations around as we have been was primarily to get the discussion moving. And how! Look at this we got like five pages just speculating from nothing, and that's awesome. But don't worry, we'll be talking this over all day, and it's entirely likely the masses will turn on their heel and change their mind, haha.
Here, as a show of good faith, I'll even change my vote to abstain for now~

Sem said:
I think you guys forget that the mafia families are only certain of who is in their own family - they don't know who is in the opposing family. So really, they're not much different compared to the townsfolk, as in they're just as blind.

They might believe it's in their best interest to eliminate the other mafia family. Maybe they don't want to do it this early in the game, but they will still want their own families to be the last ones left.

Oh great, now you guys will think I'm suspicious-er. XD

Shiny Eevee said:
Sem said:
Yes. Trust me. Trusting me did wonders last round |DDDDDDDDDDD
Got me killed. You jerk.

Anyways, I'm immediately suspicious of Sem for calling out on Savichez, but that's just me. It's probably because I just want him out asap because of how I was manipulated last round (and how he chose to save himself instead of saving me last round).

Personally, I am also suspicious of Sem, I think he's manipulating us, or trying to anyway. Of course judging by last round he is likely to only be trying to save his own skin, and also I see he is certainly being decisive, "pulling out evidence" and somesuch. As for Savichez, I think either her defenses are the mad flailings of someone who everyone is suddenly turning on and doesn't know why, or she's the Mad Bomber.

Chadwyck said:
I'd hate to throw accusations about wildly, and it definitely won't help our numbers to do so, but I don't really want to vote to lynch Savichez just to jump on a bandwagon.

I'd also agree here in that I don't want to jump on any "bandwagons" really. But I really don't trust Sem, that's just it... Nor am I sure of Savichez's alignment. Why would one have such a defeatist attitude?...

I'm not voting yet. However, I have not abstained.

5 pages already? Jeez.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

No no, I agree with you, Savichez! I would be in the other mafia family's best interest to eliminate those in the other family first before attacking the townspeople, because it would benefit them more; that family could then establish some good ground for taking power. Of course, our job as townspeople are harder than their jobs, because they know the alliances of their members, which is several more than what we know at this point in the game.

HOWEVER (oh God no...)
Because I believe that sacrificing someone at this point in the game will help us more than hurt us, either through the "collateral damage" that RMA brought up last game, or because you really are part of the mafia (which seems unlikely to me at this point, but still possible) and it'll dwindle their numbers, I can't bring myself to change my vote yet. I'm sorry :x

Savichez said:
Sem said:

They might believe it's in their best interest to eliminate the other mafia family. Maybe they don't want to do it this early in the game, but they will still want their own families to be the last ones left.

Oh great, now you guys will think I'm suspicious-er. XD

Actually, that's not suspicious. That's exactly what they're trying to do, it even says so in the rules. However, you saying it sounds suspicious is suspicious.

OMG GUYS I AM SO SORRY FOR BEING THIS LATE TO THE MEETING

Ahem. *Dusts off shirts

Have taken AGES to read this entire thread, it appears that Savichez isnt the most popular person here. That much is obvious. However, I shall abstain for now, but i guarantee you, I will vote by the end of the day, and if Savichez makes one more false move, I'll choose to lynch her.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Shiny Eevee said:
HOWEVER (oh God no...)
Because I believe that sacrificing someone at this point in the game will help us more than hurt us, either through the "collateral damage" that RMA brought up last game, or because you really are part of the mafia (which seems unlikely to me at this point, but still possible) and it'll dwindle their numbers, I can't bring myself to change my vote yet. I'm sorry :x

I agree. With two mafia families, that's two hits now per round. If by chance Savichez IS mafia, we're getting ahead of the game and not behind it. If we choose not to do anything, the mafia will still counter and kill off two of us. =/

I honestly didn't jump on the bandwagon for the sake of it. I did so immediately after reading Savichez's quoted post. It just screamed suspicious through and through. Shiny's post was obviously a joke, but Savichez's sounded like something more.

Last time Red played a really sneaky game after he'd been pegged. He probably would've been able to keep it up if not for El exposing him with Shocari's PM. Everyone has the potential to do the same. I'm sorry if I'm just taking you the wrong way because I don't know your sense of humor Savichez, but I'm following my gut feeling on this one.

Brendan Savem said:
With these suspects, I think I have a good base for later accusations in the coming days. For now though, it seems that Savichez has no regard for our lives. Especially in thinking that seeing us lynch an innocent person or even a useful person is amusing. Mafia or not, we don't need his presence in this town. My vote goes to Savichez
Very true. I don't trust having someone like that in our wonderful town. After reading all of the posts, I have come to a decision. Lynch Savichez.

bandwagon_t_shirt-p235174958600309119trlf_400.jpg

It's dangerous not to join.

Linkachu said:
Shiny Eevee said:
HOWEVER (oh God no...)

I agree. With two mafia families, that's two hits now per round. If by chance Savichez IS mafia, we're getting ahead of the game and not behind it. If we choose not to do anything, the mafia will still counter and kill off two of us. =/

I honestly didn't jump on the bandwagon for the sake of it. I did so immediately after reading Savichez's quoted post. It just screamed suspicious through and through. Shiny's post was obviously a joke, but Savichez's sounded like something more.

Last time Red played a really sneaky game after he'd been pegged. He probably would've been able to keep it up if not for El exposing him with Shocari's PM. Everyone has the potential to do the same. I'm sorry if I'm just taking you the wrong way because I don't know your sense of humor Savichez, but I'm following my gut feeling on this one.

A good point, we are now losing two members a round, so we've got to do something. However me, I'm not sure what. I think I'll abstain, but don't be surprised if that changes by end of today.

Status
Not open for further replies.