• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia V: Day Three (May 9th-11th): A Single Reprieve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Dark Soul said:
My thoughts exactly. Perhaps he is the clown, but decided to wait until day three? As unlikely as it sounds, though...

I considered that too. I wasn't convinced because of the waiting until day 3 but it's still a possibility. I'll say now that if he turned out to be the clown, I reserve the right to say I have known all along.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Rileyixx said:
I actually never said I was townie :p All I've said is I'm a pivotal point if I turn out to be Mafia some of the other Mafia members will be easy to find on the other hand if I die people have got a lot to say about themselves.
You're really not helping yourself with each post, Riley. I find it funny how I was expressing this exact same thing the previous Day when you were leading that Bandwagon for Sem. How if Sem died people then people would have a lot to say about themselves, because in that case they let a confessed Mafia member survive. This, however, is different. We have no sure-fire leads and you started off as mildly suspicious and have looked worse and worse when the heat has been turned up.

Rileyixx said:
I put myself in a difficult situation and no solid evidence to get me out of said situation and honestly if I was Mafia; Josh and Carmen/Brendan would still be in as I would have gone straight for Katie and Dem/Red because I would have thought they would have been more threatening.
First off, flattered, secondly I don't care for that logic/reasoning. You offer nothing up to give any indication about your innocence, and really being Mafia you don't want to go after the obvious targets (trust me, I've been Mafia twice now).

Riley, I never stated that you said, "I'm a townie", I was questioning your credibility as a townie. So you walked into that one.

I'm not sure about the clown thing, though. The clown needs to get attention to get himself/herself lynched, and JadaStark seems to be craving that attention right now.

Dark Soul said:
Also Luckii is kind of right. |D

Why thank you DS. At least someone recognises my genius :D

Sir Red said:
First off, flattered, secondly I don't care for that logic/reasoning. You offer nothing up to give any indication about your innocence, and really being Mafia you don't want to go after the obvious targets (trust me, I've been Mafia twice now).

First off, nope kinda kicking myself a little. Secondly, that is your opinion. Third, I have nothing to prove my innocence at this point other than screenies but they aren't allowed. And lastly, I totally didn't just look back at previous Mafia's too see if you slipped up then <.>

Luckii said:
I'm not sure about the clown thing, though. The clown needs to get attention to get himself/herself lynched, and JadaStark seems to be craving that attention right now.

Same goes for her, though- Why wait? If your goal is to get lynched, and you win that way, you just get yourself lynched. It's easy. Truest me. |D

In the role of the Clown, there's no clever play, no strategy, no manipulation going on- Unless you are a Mafia, and you're waiting until someone from your family gets targeted- Which would be kind of stupid, because that's how I and another member of my family got caught in the, er, second game (?), but I guess it might work if you do it very subtly.

As the Clown, you outright make yourself most suspicious. Of course, not all roles are accounted for, but because the Clown is a brand new role, we can be pretty certain that one of us is it. I just think it's weird that he or she is waiting. I guess I'll see in the end.

Actually the clever play comes from the others as they try to keep the clown in to maintain townie numbers because if all townies die, clown included only the clown wins from the townies so the clown is kinda the last minute kill when there is like 1 mafia member left to assure a townie win :p

Rileyixx said:
Actually the clever play comes from the others as they try to keep the clown in to maintain townie numbers because if all townies die, clown included only the clown wins from the townies so the clown is kinda the last minute kill when there is like 1 mafia member left to assure a townie win :p

In other news, has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

... Honestly, can someone rephrase that with the proper punctuation, because for whatever reason my brain just can't handle that sentence.

Basically other people have to try and keep the clown alive

This is to maintain townie numbers

If all townies die only the clown wins from the townies

So clown is the penultimate kill

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I find it interesting how hard you are trying to push that the Clown must be kept alive Riley, now that you have been connected to the role. Interesting bit of trickery on your part for sure. That being said, Riley is not the Clown as best I can tell. The Clown most likely isn't even in the game, so I'm not worrying about it anymore.

Rileyixx said:
First off, nope kinda kicking myself a little. Secondly, that is your opinion. Third, I have nothing to prove my innocence at this point other than screenies but they aren't allowed. And lastly, I totally didn't just look back at previous Mafia's to see if you slipped up then <.>
Wow, that was some defensive wording (coming from somebody who knows a thing or two about strongly worded defensive posts in this game). Ah yes, the screenshot defense~ One of my favorite plays when people are out of defenses, because it means nothing.

If you really did look back at old games you would know how I acted in Game 1 when I was caught. First I acted incredibly defensive, then when things took a turn for the worse and it was obvious I was done I admitted defeat. Doesn't that sound a bit familiar?

I only looked back at the last day of each game ;< But yes, sounds familiar. Secondly, I know the clown isn't in this game and as for defence screenshots to be honest are the only defence I could provide now as my words are just transparent now and to be honest I could tell it was coming across before I admitted defeat :x

Also I'm glad you've changed your tone abit ;< I was starting to feel that you were coming across as a bit rude but that is just my opinion :x I was going to mention it earlier but I didn't want it to turn into a drama :'|

Dark Soul said:
Luckii said:

Same goes for her, though- Why wait? If your goal is to get lynched, and you win that way, you just get yourself lynched. It's easy. Truest me. |D

In the role of the Clown, there's no clever play, no strategy, no manipulation going on- Unless you are a Mafia, and you're waiting until someone from your family gets targeted- Which would be kind of stupid, because that's how I and another member of my family got caught in the, er, second game (?), but I guess it might work if you do it very subtly.

As the Clown, you outright make yourself most suspicious. Of course, not all roles are accounted for, but because the Clown is a brand new role, we can be pretty certain that one of us is it. I just think it's weird that he or she is waiting. I guess I'll see in the end.

But purposely making yourself suspicious early on is too predictable. Everyone thinks the Clown will try to lynch themselves early on, not taking into account that the Clown may be expecting us all to think that, and tries to lay low, and gets themselves killed on the last day. In Mafia, expect the unexpected, my friend.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Blah. Now things are just getting crazy. XD

First people suspected Shiny as the clown and she turned out to be Mafia, just as she'd claimed. Now people are suspecting Riley as the clown even though he's also claimed to be a different role. It seems that some of you guys like to assume that anyone willing to give in is automatically the clown, but chances are Riley just became tired of trying to defend himself.

Regardless, I've read enough. Throwing my vote in to lynch Riley.

Reading through all the posts quickly....finding that I have missed a whole 2 days of posting in mafia. Who knows, could be a blessing in disguise.

I would like to thank Katie for saying what I could not and asking for a reason in suspecting me. Looking at the response on why is laughable in my eyes. Reason I want to win is that I am a competitive person, ask anyone in my family....or even Dem, she'll say the same thing.

As for my suspicions, Riley and Sir Red are my main targets as they are acting out of the ordinary (see above posts).

Also, other than what else I have said how can I possibly defend myself better than last time. I said I was a villager and shock I was. I say I am a villager this time too and shock, you'll find that out too.

Right now I am going to lynch Riley. Trying to feed of other peoples suspicions of me is classic mafia.

Honestly, I have no idea why you guys are saying I'm the clown when I said I was the thief (and a townie one at that) if I was lying don't you think I would have chosen a more elaborate role like bus driver, priest or even mad bomber.

And Rich a blessing in disguise that sounds very Mafia like and suspicious

Rileyixx said:
And Rich a blessing in disguise that sounds very Mafia like and suspicious

So because I say blessing in disguise I'm mafia?

Guys, guys. Don't say blessing in disguise @.@

Seriously, who wants the attention unless you are the clown and wanting to get lynched. I will be so happy if you turn out mafia now and everyone was right in lynching you

It is basically saying yay I've avoided danger and shook away all my suspicion now I can get on with my evil plan ;D

And also expect disappointment ;D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Alrighty, after editing my post a kazillion times over, I'd like to direct people to my latest post in the stickied Mafia Q&A thread. There's just a trend emerging this game that's starting to get my goat...

But not to derail the topic: Whee, Blazi. :p

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Riley has been lynched today; he is in fact a townie Thief, as he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.