• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia VII: Questions and Answers

I have a few queries about the gadgets.

A) Does the Gadgeteer decide which roles the gadget allows or is that decided by you?

B) Are these gadgets tradable between all player for example a townie trading a gadget to the detective?

C) Will we be seeing gadgets that reprise previous roles such as Mad Bomber?

D) Will all the gadgets be centered around one shot roles?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Questions and Answers

Joshawott said:
A) Does the Gadgeteer decide which roles the gadget allows or is that decided by you?
The gadgets are pre-determined - the Gadgeteer gets a list of gadgets they can craft and their requirements.

Joshawott said:
B) Are these gadgets tradable between all player for example a townie trading a gadget to the detective?
Absolutely. Trades can occur between any two living players.

Joshawott said:
C) Will we be seeing gadgets that reprise previous roles such as Mad Bomber?
Certain previous roles will be represented by gadgets, yes.

Joshawott said:
D) Will all the gadgets be centered around one shot roles?
Not all of them, but most will.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

I have a question about the gadgeteer too. You said that all trades need to be registered through the GM, but what about giving them to people? Does the person receiving a gadget for the first time know who the gadgeteer is? I don't quite understand that bit of the role, so any info you can provide is appreciated!

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Linkachu said:
I have a question about the gadgeteer too. You said that all trades need to be registered through the GM, but what about giving them to people? Does the person receiving a gadget for the first time know who the gadgeteer is? I don't quite understand that bit of the role, so any info you can provide is appreciated!
You get told who's trading with you, but nothing more than that. Remember, the Gadgeteer might be using a fence to trade items, or you may not be the first person who has had the item pass through their hands. I wouldn't assume that getting an item from someone means that they are the Gadgeteer.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Teapot said:
Linkachu said:
You get told who's trading with you, but nothing more than that. Remember, the Gadgeteer might be using a fence to trade items, or you may not be the first person who has had the item pass through their hands. I wouldn't assume that getting an item from someone means that they are the Gadgeteer.

Still confused by your usage of the world "trading", because technically if someone doesn't have an item yet they aren't actually trading, right? Can the Gadgeteer not give an item to someone without revealing who they are? That's what I don't understand, sorry. XD

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Linkachu said:
Still confused by your usage of the world "trading", because technically if someone doesn't have an item yet they aren't actually trading, right? Can the Gadgeteer not give an item to someone without revealing who they are? That's what I don't understand, sorry. XD
Trades can be one-way, as I mentioned in the rules. As for the Gadgeteer giving items away: yes, they can do that without revealing their own identity.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Joshawott said:
I have a question can the Thief steal alignment?
No, the thief's alignment is fixed. They can only steal roles.