• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Magic and machines l A sci-fi fantasy RP l

Edit: Please note, this RP is old as hell. Joining is no longer available, although the reboot is up for discussion

I created this RP a while ago, back when I started and had no idea how the forum worked. Owing to the fact it actually had good RP potential, I decided to reboot it

Humankind in 500 years has a very different life to us now. In the year 2516, global warming and nuclear war destroyed the world, so the world allowed it's greatest power to be unearthed. Magic. With certain people gifted with powers, the earth recovered from the ordeals around 300 years ago, and settled. People then lived in unity, the "Gifted" and the "Advanced". People accepted these powers as part of their normal life, and thanks to that, mankind started to make huge strides in technology. so the people who did not recive powers, the "advanced", banded together to create amazing machines. Then, war broke out. Weapons started to be developed, and around the same time, people's gifts started to become more violent. Even the "Apocalyptic" gifts, received to help save the earth, were used for aggressive means. And then the two factions split apart, and took their own territory. By this time, owing to the drilling from the Advanced and the excessive use of earth and ground manipulation, the continents had majorly shifted, merging into three supercontinents. Two of them were taken by each, and then the middle one was contested. You are one of the soldiers fighting for 'Fraitera', as it came to be known.
Rules:
Do not join, then post once and leave. If you know you are going to do that, then don't bother joining. Only people who are planning to stay here, please
SPELLING AND GRAMMAR
No godmodding
OP technology and powers are allowed, but only because the opponents have equally strong defenses. No Invincibility or auto-kill
No Mary Sues/Gary Stues
Place the side you are on in 'Other'
Swearing is allowed, as is romance (but not too mushy)

Advanced form
Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
Main weapon:
Other technology:
Vehicle (if any):
Other:

Gifted form
Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
Power(s):
Other:

The thread will be created once I get 5 signups

Last edited:
I might consider trying it again, but wow... This is painfully old, and 12 year old me's writing is equally painful to read through. The concept is definitely there, I'll just have to rewrite it.

Yeah, I don't really know why I made that rule. No more caps on characters, and yeah, you can keep them on both sides

As for strength, that'd depend on backstory and circumstance. You probably have a decent idea of what "too powerful" would be, and it depends on how fun it would be to play against in a fight.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
So, nothing like the ability to explode air, that could kill every enemy at once. but, what about a suit that can 'shapeshift', like, it could have drill hands one second, and normal hands the other, the ability to adapt to situations.

Name: Sally Pepper
Personality: A girl born in poverty, Sally is someone who tries to solve every problem with her fists and tries again if it didn't work the first time. Despite her less than careful approach of most problems and background, she is pretty smart and knows her way around mechanics. She spent hours on all kinds of mechanics, improving them where possible. Get on her good side, you don't have to fear her. Her enemies however, should be wary of her as she holds grudges like no tomorrow.
Appearance: Sally has long black hair weaved into a braid and dark skin. She tends to wear a pair of blue overalls and a white shirt, both are covered in oil stains. Her once gray shoes are now black from usage and oil.
Main weapon: A staff that shoots sharp discs that can slice to most materials, this staff has fingerprint technology that only allows Sally to use it. If others try to use it, the staff will shoot the discs from the handle rather than the end in an attempt to hurt or kill the unworthy user. The discs act like a boomerang and come back when fired to conserve ammo.
Other technology: An universal repair tool to repair her weapon and that of others, a knife with shock capability and a radar watch with a radius of about 50 metres (55 yards)
Vehicle (if any): Jetpack that uses solar energy to fly and a battery for night flight.
Likes: Messy rooms, spending time working, being seen as an equal, target practice, being around people she likes.
Dislikes: Cleanliness, being forced to stop working on a project, people who hate to get their hands dirty, those who look down on those less lucky than them.
Other: Advanced

That should be it, don't hesitate to ask questions about anything

Seems good to me. I'm gonna probably have some sort of arc to start off with with the reboot, and we can go from there

Anybody else, go ahead and make a bio if you feel like it

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Name: Alec Blake
Personality: Kind, gentle and loyal. He gets along rather well with most people, he is strong willed and patient and basically nevers loses his temper.
Appearance: lean yet muscular, tall, brown hair, green eyes, a tattoo of a dragon on his back and white feathery wings. He wears a black tank top, black khaki trousers, a black trenchcoat, black combat boots and a black cowboy hat.
Powers: Regeneration, Steel Skin, Flight.
Dislikes: Bullies, being helpless, seeing friends in danger and has a phobia of drowning.
Other: Gifted

Last edited:
Name: Shun Kazami
Personality: Shun is a loner, a Man of very few words, yet is willing to help his friends at every turn almost. He rarely gets flustered or annoyed and even when he is annoyed; he maintains a cool voice (even though he voices his displeasure).
Appearance: Shun outfit consist of a black shirt, covered with a thin purple triangular-backed ending. He had black pants with a brown zipper like designs on around them. His black hair consists of two layers. The first layer of hair is the front all one his forehead, and his second layer is the straight hair tied up with a ponytail. His light brown eyes are in an upset mood.
Main weapon: A Mechanical bird called Circuit that can spilt into 5 different weapons. A drill named the Beak Driller, A scissor like tool resembling a jaws of life names the Wing Spreader and a pair of grappling claws named the Claw Anchor.
Other technology: A pair of CZ 75 that can combine with Circuit to form the Calamity Breaker.
Vehicle (if any): A modify Yamaha VMAX with a turbo drive install.
Dislikes: People who uses their power for evil, Shellfish, and Long Lines
Other: Advanced

I like the concept a lot. It actually reminds me of a concept I'm juggling around atm.

....powers are to busted. So with magic, you can just do anything? There's not even a spell you have to say, or a book you have to study, or a movement that must occur with your body?

Sorry, it just seems like one side has advanced technology, and the other side has....everything else, but also technology if they really chose.

I think you need more restraints on magic use or else this world will be half Mary sues.

Last edited:
This was made by 12 year old me, that's why I'm rebooting it. Peeps are gonna have to make a new application form, sorry about that- I probably should have mentioned earlier.

I'll put restraints on the magic and stuff when I reboot, but until then, you can think of it as more of a quirk-esque system. Some people are born with these powers, some aren't (mainly based on the status of the parents, although exceptions can occur). I'll probably introduce something to stop the magically inclined getting hold of the technology too

And yeah, this is a very potent mary-sue breeding environment. I'm probably gonna have to crack down on the quality of the bios once the reboot comes around

This was made by 12 year old me, that's why I'm rebooting it. Peeps are gonna have to make a new application form, sorry about that- I probably should have mentioned earlier.

I'll put restraints on the magic and stuff when I reboot, but until then, you can think of it as more of a quirk-esque system. Some people are born with these powers, some aren't (mainly based on the status of the parents, although exceptions can occur). I'll probably introduce something to stop the magically inclined getting hold of the technology too

And yeah, this is a very potent mary-sue breeding environment. I'm probably gonna have to crack down on the quality of the bios once the reboot comes around

Cool, because I was really hoping to see some unique forms of magic and tech here, not just a basic superpower, ya know?

Hey Sky. If you'de be willing I'd love to join. As an idea for making it impossible for those who are Gifted to use technology, maybe make it similar to Worm Eaters from Deadman Wonderland. The idea is that electricity is no longer present as a resource and those who are advanced have to start using some sort of insane energy source to power their weapons. This would make them on par with magic users, be so anti-magic that it would be impossible for a magic user to even wield, and then creates a limited number of weapons for the Advanced users to use. Vehicles could still be powered by electricity but would just be for mobility and have no combat prowess. And to limit the Gifted's Magic, maybe use little ideas from the Elemental types from Black Clover and combine it with the Magic System in Golbin Slayer. (as much as the anime is dark and disturbing, the magic system is petty good for limiting the usage of spells). The idea is that each user has a set number of spells they can use, and they list any spells they have with their character sheet. And then limit them somehow with one spell requiring a ten-minute cooldown, or an hour cooldown, or etc. Just a few ideas to mix in there to hopefully give it more umph.

The former seems like a really good idea, and I'll definitely adapt that into one of the Advanced safeguards. However, the latter is probably unneeded. I'll leave it down to common sense to cap off magic users since I'm gunning for something more quirk-esque.

I figured it would be more along the lines of hey I have fire magic. And then one user having the character with fire blasts, ash constructs, lava blasts, and various wide ranged fire abilities. I'm leaning towards having the character have some specialization for each character's magic.

Like their element could be Fire, with their magic specialized towards Ash Magic. So we could have different people with the same element of magic ie water, but one could use steam while another could use ice and they couldn't learn the other's magic type. (More like Black Clover's magic system altogether).

Welp, notifs gave up
That would work, but I don't really like the restraint it would put on the player, being that some powers wouldn't be able to fall under an "element" so to speak, and those that do wouldn't be able to expand upon it. Again, it's mostly down to the discretion of the RPer as to how specific their powers are. Somebody that could control everything to do with fire, not just flames, would be far too overpowered and not somebody I'd let in