• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Magpie's Art thread of Doom ♥

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
What is this!?!!! Magpie lives!? :O Where have you been all my life and a few weeks longer than that? D:

As always I still adore your artwork. I just love the style that you use of having them explode out of the frames. Scizor particularly looks amazing. The depth and shading are incredible on it, I think it's one of your best works yet. ^^ The Dewott uses the frame-poping awesomely too.

Also, nooooo! I missed out on requests! D:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Glad you both like them :'D ♥

And pffff, Red. We both know requests from me are never closed to you :p

Siggy for Tun. I wasn't sure what you wanted written on it... so if you want something else just say so. I'll be happy to change it~

Scolipedesig.png

Purrloin Avatar for Psy Teen ♥

Purrloin.png

PurrloinAvi.png

Magpie, that is amazing. Just amazing. I love it so muchh <333

It's so adorable! :'D And Shiny! I love ittttt ; A ; I'm sorry I didn't specify what I wanted written on it, but the writing looks fab nonetheless <33

IT'S SO PRETTY I LOVE IT I just argh so nice <3333
I'm on my phone just now so tomorrow I'll pop on and put it as my sig and argh thank you so much Magpie it's so nice~

And! All of the other requests are so pretty too~ You're sucha great drawer, I bow down to you c:

This has always been one of those art threads that I didn't dare reply in because I was left speechless anyway |D

I love the style of your framed Pokes so much it's redonculous. They look so cool and snazzy! I also like how they've become somewhat of a "thing" on the forums, you can always recognize an authentic Magpie avvie when you see one :D

Keep up the fantasmiculicious work ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Oh my, your Scolipede banner for Tun looks amazing. You've captured the Pokemon perfectly, and I love the pose here. Even the BG effect with the various shades of greet looks great. Wonderful job, Magpie! ^__^

The Purrloin looks great too (but Purrloins aren't as cool as Scolipede ♥).

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Awwww, I love you all. Thanks for the lovely comments :'D

Short break from requests, because I had a random urge to make a sprite of myself :V

I'm not very good at it... and trust me, this took me aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages.

Trainer_Ferne.png

I wanted Manectric to be the correct size... and it turns out Manectric is larger than I thought he was, 4' 11''! Goodness me, I'm only 5' 0'' :V

So I had to redo his sprite, which took forever. So yeah, be kind. I tried.

(Yes, I know this is a sprite and doesn't belong here, but I don't have a sprite thread so there)

His height can't be much of a bad thing, though- Now you can ride on his back :'D

For a first sprite- And in general- That's really good, Magpie. The shading, colour- and linework are very well-made and the proportions are good. In addition, that scarf is the best addition to a PokeMon I've ever seen. xD

Magpie why are you so amazing? :'D I mean, I absolutely love the Scolipede siggy for Tun, and the purrloin is pretty too, I just am neutral on the pokemon itself, so yeah XD

And tall Manectric is tall =o but it's lovely~ I think that you should definitely do some more spriting because it is quite good ♥

It's...beautiful :'D

I've always loved your art...and I always feel dumb because I'm bad at saying nice things about it |D

But the sprite is amazing...and it was your first time? I could never do anything like that. It looks official ^^

It's all great, but I'm particularly fond of the Dragonite sig...but. Yeah. You're wonderful, Magpie ^^

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Vulture1.png

What? Actual paint? Not digital? :D

Actually did is a little ago, but I don't want my art thread to descend to the depths of the third page :blush:

And I totally just realised I had requests I never did. Shameface

Magpie, have my gerbils. All of zem.

Is this oil or acrylic? I prefer oil because it blend better, but some people like acrylic's fast drying properties.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Secad said:
Is this oil or acrylic? I prefer oil because it blend better, but some people like acrylic's fast drying properties.

I actually used Watercolours, lol. I don't use them properly, I just use them as if they were acrylic. I'm weird like that :/

And thanks for the nice comments peoples:)

StellarWind Elsydeon said:
Aye. Ze Magpie needs to post moarrrrrrr!

I really haven't been doing much artwork recently, aside from a few things I can't post here yet cause they're secret for now (due to them being done for certain peoples/websites). And, I've been doing a lot of miniature painting. I can post this here though, which I did for the next Manchester Tournament here in the UK

Manchester4Finaledit.png

Different to my usual style, due to the programme I used (Freehand MX).

Really impressive Ferne I really like the blue energy on Hitmontop's fists and I find Tyranitar to be extremely cute in this picture, I don't know why but it makes me think of a bunny rabbit sticking its ears down xD

You did such wonderful, rich color with watercolors? Wow, I must learn about your technique. When I have used watercolors, I have rarely been pleased with the color intensity.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Magpie needs to post more arts. :V I always love all of your Charms related promo artwork, and that particular one wins even more because you have a Chandelure in it. ♥

So yeah, make more arts so that I can throw my love at them. K? Awesome.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I was wondering who'd drawn that Manchester #4 image. It's nifty to discover that it was your creation because it came out looking really nice! Be sure to share all of these seeeeekrit images as soon as you can. I'd love to see 'em too. :3

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Epic revival! Bal doesn't come on here much anymore so I figured I could post this. Here's the Christmas card I've done for him this year. It's based on an old joke between us that our battles always resulted in a Dragonite/Bronzong face off

2012-12-11224205.jpg

Here's the front, and then when you open it...

2012-12-11224136.jpg

Boom! :D

I would post KoL's, but he's not allowed to see his until it arrives. So there :D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Ahh... I miss Bal and that Bronzong. Good times. XD

Great artwork on this card, and the inside page is hilarious/lovely. ♥
Be sure to share more pics of these when you can! :3

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Damn it, Magpie! Now I miss everyone that used to hang out in the WFC chat (YOU INCLUDED!!!) ;_;

But that card is fantastic. The shading on the Bronzong looks great. Did you color it with markers? If so, that makes it even more impressive, because I've only ever known markers to ruin lives.

Ferne, that is so cool :) That Bronzong was the death of me so many times (Except my Gyarados hahaha)

Sir Red said:
Damn it, Magpie! Now I miss everyone that used to hang out in the WFC chat (YOU INCLUDED!!!) ;_;

Make it again :) Problem solved!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Sir Red said:

But that card is fantastic. The shading on the Bronzong looks great. Did you color it with markers? If so, that makes it even more impressive, because I've only ever known markers to ruin lives.

D'awww I miss you too :(

Nah, they're watercolours. I think I've said somewhere on here before that I use them incorrectly (basically with very little water). I like the colours much more that way, so yeah, this is all watercolour :)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Oh well, it has been a long time! But I have stuffs!

More box-Pokemon (Done a while ago, but meh, I like this one and I can't remember if I posted it here before)~
Palkia_zps6468bbda.png

Something for the soon to be rehashed rules of the artwork boards (Beta site! Eeeee!) But Joltik and a naughty Ditto here are representing how the copying rule is still a no-no ^__^
Joltik_zps51bea38f.png

Waw I love your digital art style. :o Looks like pixel art mixed with painting.

And you have an amazing traditional skill too. ^______^

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Waw I love your digital art style. :o Looks like pixel art mixed with painting.

And you have an amazing traditional skill too. ^______^
Thank you so much :') With traditional art I have a very messy style which seems to translate over into any digital stuff I do (unless I work hard to stop myself). A controlled mess, we shall say xD