• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

XY/ORAS Singles Mega-Beedrill Team

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
(Alomomola) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

(Shaymin) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Leech Seed
- Aromatherapy

(Beedrill) (M) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Protect

(Probopass) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Speed
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power Fire

(Flygon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Speed
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Rock Slide
- ? HP Ice, Perhaps

This team has one goal - Support Beedrill so it can stab things. Eelektross and Probopass allow Beedrill to come in unhindered with very low speed Voltturning, and then Beedrill can U-turn right back out before it gets hit [avoiding priority users, of course]. Flygon is one of the better hazard removal options in my opinion - being resistant to Stealth rock and immune to ground hazards. Finally, Alomomola and Shaymin make up a clerical center of the team and help keep everyone else alive, while also keeping Beedrill from being permanently paralyzed/burned by contact abilities.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I would say the team could do with something to get rid of Ghost-types since they currently would be the biggest issue for Beedrill to get past coverage-wise, and considering how most Ghost-types are quite vulnerable to anything trapping them via Pursuit I would consider a Pursuit user of some kind for Ghostbusting duty. Since most of your scouting and clerical roles are doubled up it wouldn't be hard to drop out a 'Mon whose performance ends up flagging a bit for a Ghostbuster to wipe out the only likely thing to resist Beedrill's rampage.

I'd also try giving Probopass an ability to cut through Skarmory better with since it can already trap Skarmory and leave it open for abuse, since he'd otherwise wall off Beedrill quite well.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I'm not sure how much more Discharge will do for me vs Skarmory than paralyzing and HP Firing it, since a lot will be carrying whirlwind and capable of negating my magnet pull anyway. and I'd rather like to keep Stealth Rock specifically for Talonflame if nothing else.
As it is Discharge will do (37.1 - 43.7%)
If I fully special attack train it will do (49.1 - 58%), which still won't be enough to Stop a Skarm with roost.

All that said, Skarm could definitely give the team some hell one way or another - if it doesn't have whirlwind I can stall out a pretty big chunk of it's Roost PP with hidden power, but not all of it. That's probably the way I'd go as it were.

After seeing Beedrill tear right through Gengar's quad resistance and Mismagius single resistance to both of my STABs, I'm not really concerned about ghosts anymore. Dusknoir/Dusclops will certainly take the hit better, but neither of them like the Toxic from Alomomola.
If someone were to go it'd be between Probopass and Eelektross