• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

OR/AS Mega Camerupt

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Mega_Camerupt-x600.png

Mega Camerupt
[type=fire][/type]/[type=ground][/type]
20477_info.png

Japanese Name: MegaBakuda
Height: 2.5m / 8'02"
Weight: 320.5kg / 706.6 lbs.
Classification: Eruption Pokémon

20471_abilities.png

Ability: Sheer Force

20473_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Mega Camerupt was first revealed by CoroCoro leaks on September 10th, 2014. It was later revealed internationally in an Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire gameplay trailer on September 12th.

Additional Info: Maxie will use a Mega Camerupt at some point within the story. It's said that "the humps on its back have transformed into one large and very active volcano. Magma is constantly bubbling up from within its body. It has a deep hatred of water or any moisture, and has an explosive personality and a short temper. The volcano on its back erupts constantly in an effort to intimidate its foes."

20483_stats.png

HP: 70
Attack: 120
Defense: 100
Sp. Attack: 145
Sp. Defense: 105
Speed: 20

20479_locations.png

144371_Dream_Cameruptite_Sprite.png

Mega Stone: Cameruptite.
Omega Ruby: Given to you in the Magma Hideout during the Delta Episode.
Alpha Sapphire: Given to you in the Battle Resort, following the Delta Episode.

20476_evolution.png

Mega-Evolves from Camerupt.

20472_artwork.png

20482_screenshots.png

sept_p16_01_dou.jpg
sept_p16_02_wye.jpg
sept_p16_03_jyw.jpg
sept_p16_07_bbe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thing kinda looks like a Torkoal/Camerupt Fusion with a hint if Piloswine. Love that subtle little M marking (M for Magma!)

I've always wanted to train a Camerupt, but idk about this guy. He's basically a tank, but his typing still has that 4x weakness to Water, which is never a good thing for a tank to have.

Now I'm really glad that I was planning on getting a Numel for my team :D . While I like both Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo, this one looks more visually appealing to me since it's just the right balance between simplicity and detailed, whereas Mega Sharpedo looks like the went a little overboard (but I digress).

Also, I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but I'm surprised at how it slightly looks similar to the Mega Camerupt I designed

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Somewhere deep inside me, I was hoping Camerupt would get a mega. I'm so glad it did, even if it's kind of funny looking (cute stubby little legs, though). If it wasn't for the fact I was going to use mega Gallade on my team, I totes would've used this guy instead~

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I kind of saw Camerupt/Sharpedo megas coming a mile away if only because they're Maxie/Archie's signature Pokemon. I can't help but be slightly amused at this thing's design, though - it's beyond silly. Almost looks like a Stoutland and a Magcargo did a fusion dance. <<

But hey. The amount of shit this thing could probably wreck may be phenomenal so why not really.

I'll bet 5 likes that team magma will use this mega evolution, I mean clearly the M on its forehead gives it a way. though it kind of looks like a caravan camel now, i sort of like the non-mega version better.