• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

OR/AS Mega Sharpedo

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Mega_Sharpedo-x600.png

Mega Sharpedo
[type=water][/type]/[type=dark][/type]
20477_info.png

Japanese Name: MegaSamehader
Height: 2.5m / 8'02"
Weight: 130.3kg / 287.3 lbs.
Classification: Brutal Pokémon

20471_abilities.png

Ability: Strong Jaw

20473_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Mega Sharpedo was first revealed by Coro Coro leaks on September 10th, 2014. It was later revealed internationally in an Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire gameplay trailer on September 12th.

Additional Info: Archie will use a Mega Sharpedo at some point within the story. It's said that "the fangs in Mega Sharpedo's mouth have transformed, and the horns that have sprouted from its nose can be regrown countless times. The yellow patterns on its body are scars carved into it in battle. With explosive propulsion, it can exceed 125 mph in an instant."

20483_stats.png

HP: 70
Attack: 140
Defense: 70
Sp. Attack: 110
Sp. Defense: 65
Speed: 105

20479_locations.png

144383_Dream_Sharpedonite_Sprite.png

Mega Stone: Sharpedonite.
Omega Ruby: Given to you in the Battle Resort, following the Delta Episode.
Alpha Sapphire: Given to you in the Aqua Hideout during the Delta Episode.

20476_evolution.png

Mega-Evolves from Sharpedo.

20472_artwork.png

20482_screenshots.png

sept_p17_01_ewy.jpg
sept_p17_02_jcv.jpg
sept_p17_03_yep.jpg
sept_P17_04_wqi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It reminds me of a Sawshark/Sawfish. I really like it :D
I've been trying to Chain Fish a shiny Carvahna on Y, this has made me more determined to find one....

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Sharpedo has always been a rather silly design as far as I'm concerned but I seriously appreciate the fact they went with a sawfish rather than a hammerhead when they Mega'd it. Kinda saw the Strong Jaw coming a mile away - gotta wonder if they'll give it any new moves to go with it...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Only just noticed now that Mega Sharpedo's horns aren't displayed in its current screenshots (which I've now added to its entry). According to Pokemon.com's description the thing can regrow its horns countless times, so I suspect that they'll only appear when it uses certain attacks. That's a fun touch if so. :3

im getting sharpedo on my team…again. im guessing he will have a great boost in attack and speed but decrease a bit in other stats. also the other thing is, why dont the things on the side sharpedos rostrum appear in game?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
@theclownfish, Corocoro already stated that Sharpedo gets a boost in all of its stats, so that point is kind of moot ^^;

Also, Strong Jaw + STAB Crunch, along with a bit of boosting for Speed? Heck yes. This thing will be scary once it's actually released :x

This is a great mega evolution. It really goes with Sharpedo's nickname Bull of the Sea. but I do not like that in the game it seems to lose the blades on its head, they could have worked on that a bit more. this mega evolution though does hit the torpedo side of him cause I'd hate to be a ship that got hit by that thing plus the size of it i bet it could sink an aircraft carrier with ease!

This is a great mega evolution. It really goes with Sharpedo's nickname Bull of the Sea. but I do not like that in the game it seems to lose the blades on its head, they could have worked on that a bit more. this mega evolution though does hit the torpedo side of him cause I'd hate to be a ship that got hit by that thing plus the size of it i bet it could sink an aircraft carrier with ease!
Nick Fury: "There goes the helicarrier."
It looks to me like a tiger shark.

Nick Fury: "There goes the helicarrier."
It looks to me like a tiger shark.

DAT WAZ WHAT I WAZ THINKING LOL :D, oh and there is a typo on my post it's supposed to be BULLY of the sea. Maybe they should make a torpedo attack move (unless thats aqua jet) Da Dum, Da Dum, Da Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum Da Da DUM ! MEGA SHARPEDO ATTACK! EVERYBODY RUUUNNNNNNN!!! LOL :)

hmmm... how about Cyclone (water type)- base 90 power with a 15% chance of leaving the opponent confused?
List of Pokemon who can learn it:
Sharpedo (lvl 56)
Samurott (lvl 67)
Huntail (lvl 43
Gastrodon (lvl 53)

That could possible be it, but isn't a cyclone like a tornado? I'm trying to take the direct approach meaning the move would be like a torpedo launched from a submarine.

Even though I don't like water types as much as i use to, I always had a soft spot for Sharpedo. Probably because of its design and using one in X version before was pretty handy. Glad to see it has a mega now, it looks beast.