• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Moonlight's Art and Doodles

Well, I'm not a particularly great artist, but I dabble here and there. There will be both traditional art and some digital (mostly maps for now) here, but critiques would be much appreciated on my work. Thanks. ^_^
All minimized in spoilers for loading convince.

Example Art (Current):
5mzlow.jpg

10ngjyg.jpg

Eyes are hurting. Mmmhmm, that's about how good my people were/are, XD. Wes, from Orre.

10zzk12.jpg

Michael from Orre.

23sefl.jpg

Older art work, like the previous two. Male nidoran.

2w50c4g.jpg

Yet more old work, though this turned out better. Female nidoran.

11tpr9w.jpg

The Leviathan of the pokemon world.

1zpo22t.jpg

Pidgey, chillin' like a villian.

2yuzwax.jpg

The rough draft image of my original region, which will be featured in an upcoming-fannovel.

s2dv8p.jpg

The secondary draft of Erana. There will likely be two other drafts posted, but this is a calayst. The violet section is the first protagonist's hometown.

20qhoo5.jpg

fbdheo.jpg

5a24x2.jpg

Song of the Stars, all three versions.

25qymoh.jpg

A horse called Mickey.

rc7sqr.jpg

Older practice art.

x1y5jt.jpg

Fairly recent art. Portrait, rearing sideview.

5mzlow.jpg

Portrait, Rearing.
Elare from LoZ: Crescent Light Chronicles, Chapter IX.

2u5t7b5.jpg

Practice of the smaller features on a horse's face. I think I did very well on the eyes and ears, though some other definition would make it look much better.

301itcm.jpg

An older drawing of a unicorn.

6i6yw1.jpg

A much more recent (and unfinished) sketch, of a self created feline dubbed the Manega Leos. Full color and grayscale colorations should be up fairly soon.

Tsubasa Resivor Chronicle:
2nlu77r.jpg

Sakura Hime, from the Clow Country.

Legend of Zelda:
2urpbbn.jpg

Keaton Doodle.

2agjjnq.jpg

A somewhat disproportionate sketch of Wolf Link.

2gujgb5.jpg

Finally! A semi-decent drawing of a person. Dark Link/Shadow-kun of the Zelda series.

20t01eg.jpg

Another meh-humaniod drawing.

2u5t7b5.jpg

Practice of the smaller features on a horse's face. I think I did very well on the eyes and ears, though some other definition would make it look much better.

Your art is very nice, Zelda. I like your feeling for detail of texture. The only tip I can give you is the body proportions; Your trainer, for example, is very skinny. Unless that's the way you want to draw, which is fine. :)

May I ask which program you used to create your digital maps?

*Smiles.* Thank you, Dark Soul. All in all, though, I'd say I need help on my people in general. I can do fairly decent eyes on people, but that's about it. (And, no, I generally don't draw in the CLAMP style, XD. I'd prefer it to have at least some semblance to realism, which would be better proportions and the like.)

As for my maps, just the general MS Paint that comes on most - if not all - computers. I took a screenshot of the PokeEarth on Seriibi, and just used their colors so it'd look similar.