• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

XY/ORAS Singles My Current Team 2.0

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Deoxys-Speed @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Psycho Boost
- Magic Coat

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Metal Burst
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Quick Attack
- X-Scissor
- Thrash
- Close Combat

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Greninja
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Focus Punch
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Substitute

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 SAtk / 152 HP / 32 SDef / 72 Def
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Recover

=====================

Greninja is exactly the same and Deoxys is mostly the same - Deoxys had some change in EVs because with a speed boosting nature it already outspeeds even Electrode with no training at all, so I gave it some bulk to go with its full attack.

Sableye I took a liking to, and when I was going through its moveset I noticed that it learned Metal Burst. Sableye happens to be just barely bulky enough to make perfect use of Metal Burst as a primary attack, and with some well timed taunts, there is little to no prediction required in using it. The only downside to using Metal Burst is that I will always lose the speed battle against every other prankster with Taunt, including other Sableye.

Breloom might seem like wasted potential how I'm running it, but Poison Heal gives me a free sub every other turn, completely ignoring the healing that comes in from leech seed. Combine with burn support and full physical training and there are ample times to set up and keep the momentum going. Focus Punch is more of a filler attack than intended as my primary means of damage, but it still stings something fierce.
I take advantage of Breloom's low speed in order set up a new substitute on the same turn it's been destroyed.

Porygon2 is pretty bulky as it is, and thanks to PorygonZ, qualifies for an Eviolite boost. Combine with a successful download and it's a very fearsome force to try and stop, plowing through most things that aren't pink and being impossible to OHKO without a choice boosted fighting attack.
Just to throw some numbers to put things in perspective:
HP: 349
Def: 351
SDef: 351
SAtk: 508 [Effectively, after a successful download boost]​
Discharge is a matter of my own preference - I know thunderbolt is probably better how I run it, but the paralysis support is invaluable in many situations, and outweighs the times I fail to get a KO for not having thunderbolt.

Pinsir holds my team together. You may notice I'm lacking significantly in true offensive strength on my team, and don't really have the synergy to call it a "stall" team. Pinsir will frequently not see battle until late in matches when I know I can get a moxie boost, [either due to a paralyzed sweeper from Pory, or otherwise] then digivolve into Megakabuterimon and sweep the remaining, often severely weakened team.

============

What I come seeking today, is a remedy for my fairy type weakness. Nothing stops me short better than a well timed fairy type, being able to shut down Sableye if he's taken any damage at all and pixillated Hyper Voice hitting Breloom right through substitute. I tried running a Crobat in place of Deoxys, but couldn't get it to function the same, largely for the lack of Magic Bounce.

I'm willing to test and replace any members of my team, granted I'd really like to keep both Sableye and Breloom. I also have no means of removing entry hazards, though Pinsir is the only one they really hurt on a long term [when I fail to get a moxie boost and opt to switch it back out]

===============

After some further thought, trial and error, I think Aegislash has solidified its place on my team for the time being. My ladder rating has nearly climbed into the top 500 of OU on pokemon showdown, and I'd like to think I might be worth higher than that given all of the goofing off and testing I do at the cost of my rating.

Weakness Policy speaks for itself on Aegislash with the way its shift from defense to offense works. While it misses the leftovers cooldown, it can often find itself switching in to save Breloom and thus receiving some nice leech seed heals in place of the lost healing. Burn support from Sableye helps give it the edge at absorbing Earthquakes from any number of things as well.

Last edited: