• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

My Deductions of Kalos

Hi everybody,

I was looking over the illustration for the Kalos Region and i wanted to open up a topic for peoples opinions, views, ideas or theorys about the new region, this is what i have tried to deduce from the drawing,
2wdolxc.jpg

Red- Possible cities/towns with Gyms
Grey- Places of interest and possible confrontations of evil team
Blue- Other buildings that could be interesting like daycare, power plants that kinda thing
Purple- Places of interest that could do something and are slightly mysterious (except the middle left i recon thats the starting town, it was a accident to put it as purple) notice how all the river start at the bottom which is where i'm guessing the ledgendaries are
Black- Possible pokemon league and victory road,

What do you think?

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I really love the map of this region. ♥

Only things I've really been thinking is that the little off-set island on the top left is where Mewtwo/another legendary is hiding out rather than something to do with the bad guys. Most caves like that normally have something to do with a Pokémon rather than humans.

I'm also considering the mountain and buildings on the bottom left for the Pokémon League, although the places you've marked do make a lot of sense too. ^^

I wouldn't mind if our starting town was the town on the bottom right either, I mean I know it has a bit of forest behind, but I think that's one of the reasons I'd like to begin there. It looks like an interesting starting point~

To Spartan13 i guessed confrontations by these places look interesting and stand out a bit from the rest, they're not big enough for legendaries or gyms but are like the slowpoke well and the dreamyard

and thats a good point Demelza the island, now looking back, does look like a possible legendary place and your suggestion for a starting town sounds cool but unlikely.

I just realized that Stonehenge is in the Kalos region ._. or something based off of it anyway. I do have to agree, I'd be really surprised if the new evil team didn't do something there. Perhaps a gate into the world of Xerneas/Ylveltal? Its very suspicious anyway.

The new rules said not to revive stuff from the third page back...and I did forget to comment on this when it was active.

The Kalos map reminds me a lot of Kanto actually and in this case it works in its favor. It has just enough interesting things to avoid being boring, but it's simple enough to where it looks like you can bike from place to place without having to resort to using Fly or some other means of transport. It looks like they've decreased the need for HMs even further because I can't see any towns that are separated by caves or the like. Surf could get some action from the all the rivers we see, but it could be all optional stuff. I -hope- Dive gets some action because a underwater world would look really nice with real 3DS graphics.

Overall, I like what I see from Kalos so far.

I'm really hoping that we'll get at least one area where Dive needs to be used as well. It seems to me that the most likely places would be somewhere off the coast, with something akin to Undella Bay, or that area in the northeast of the map where the river is very wide.

I am very much liking the look of Kalos so far. So many rivers, I wonder if Surf will be obtained earlier because of this?