• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

My first sprite comic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Well... at least your grammar is pretty solid with these (unlike some other first attempts). The rest of it seems kinda pointless, tho, not to mention just plain wrong :p

Since this is your first sprite comic I can see a lot of room for improvement. Give us something more than just some random (unrealistic) battle between two trainers we can't even see. A point/plot would be nice.

Yeah I'm still working on the plot but but I'm not that good with writing and as for the trainers I would have shown them but i don't havesprites for them yet.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
You could use a lot more plot to it. And the repetitiveness doesn't help either. :p Ok, I can definitely tell it's your first. (No offence meant, I'm just tired and hungry) Try to introduce some characters, add some interesting little bits for the attacks and not just attack after attack. Add some proper conversation. Also, the commentary from Lucario is a bit dry. Excitement would be good. Add some backstory to any characters you make to make them believable, and keep up the good work. ^_^

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Both, preferably. :p Depends whether the pokemon are huge characters. If they're not, then just their history with their trainer should be appropriate, I think.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
*notices several refridgerators all over the place* ... Why is there a fridge in the corner of the town and boy's bedroom? Anyway, you could use a bit more background - and please remember punctuation! Otherwise, good.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... A trainer comic. As Oakster once said in the past, those are hard to do. I look forward to seeing how you manage the battling.

Thought bubbles would help, though I can't say I'm totally against the style you're currently using. Almost makes it seem like a story book.

Will is a very lazy trainer who despite getting his first Pokemon(Treecko) the day before David and Amy hasn't set out on his Pokemon journey.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Wowzers! I really like this comic. Most everyone attempts at some sort of 'new, hip, keen, random sequenced' type comic that draws on the concepts and Animutation styling as opposed to traditional means.

This is more of a story, which I enjoy. It is plot and depth versus random funnies.

Lemme guess... Will lives in that fridge..

>xD

OMG, I love that part.

One thing to make it funnier - don't stress the fridge. Just have it happen automatically on random panels, like you did on the first fridge-appearance.

It kinda takes away from it when you mention it, or get carried away.

But the concept is funny, or at least to me. I'm reading, going 'Gee, I wonder what is going to happen next' when all of a sudden I catch a fridge that wasn't there before and I go... 'what the??'

Anyhoo, good stuff. I would like to see more.

Speech-wise, I think maybe you should color code it or something

David- hi
Ami- yo

Doesn't really work too well, though visually, the current style is very appealing.

The quality of this comic has greatly improve imho, and I would like to see where you take this. =)

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I get the feeling this is turning into as much a game of "Find the Fridge" as it is a comic... Oh well. :p Can't wait to see the battle! Great work so far!

I like it...I can't wait until a plot actaually starts to unfold!! ;) That refrgirator with the eyes... :o *scary orchestra music* :D

~wad11656/Americanoob~

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Reviving a dead topic and double posting.

Warnings #1 and #2, third strike and you're n00b'd.

Since the original poster of this topic isn't even around any more, topic locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.