• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

My Team~

Here is my Pokemon team for Pokemon Black version:

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Pressure
Jolly nature
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Stealth Rock
Stone Edge
Rock Slide
Earthquake

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Multiscale
Adamant nature
EVs: 252 HP, 52 Attack, 204 Speed
Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance
Fire Punch
Roost

Starmie @ Chesto Berry
Illuminate
Modest nature
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Boil Over
Thunderbolt
Signal Beam
Rest

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Skill Link
Adamant nature
EVs: 252 Attack, 4 Defence, 252 Speed
Shell Smash
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Shell Blade/ Hydro Pump

Urugamosu @ Life Orb
Flame Body
Timid Nature
EVs: 4 Defence, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Hidden Power Ground
Butterfly Dance
Bug Buzz
Flamethrower

Doryuuzu @ Leftovers
Sand Throw
Adamant nature
EVs: 20 HP, 252 Attack, 236 Speed
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
X-Scissor

Dragonite, Cloyster and Doryuuzu are almost invincible when they have their stats raised, but Doryuuzu's speed is worrying, if it gets hit by a ground or fighting move it'll get OHKO'd pretty much every time. The real problem though is Urugamosu, it can't stay up for long and it doesn't do much damage but I don't know what to replace it for, even if I do need to replace it at all.

Aerodactyl doesn't need Stone edge AND Rock Slide. I'd replace Rock Slide with something more helpful such as Pursuit or Sky Drop since it can't learn Explosion.

Dragonite seems alright but only has 3 attacks. Consider Outrage over Dragon Claw and Stone Edge/Earthquake for extra coverage.

I absolutely disagree with your Starmie move set. It is going to get decimated when it gets hit so having rest/chesto is absolutely useless. You're best off having it hold an Expert Belt and teaching it Surf, ThunderBolt, Psychic, and Ice Beam. With these moves it can super effectively hit almost every type except for a literal few.

Consider giving Cloyster Rapid Spin to keep opponent's entry hazards out of play. It would probably do better with Leftovers as well. Its speed is quite slow already so unless you're set on giving it a small boost consider investing some into its defenses.

Urugamosu seems alright as does Doryuuzu but consider giving Urugamosu a Focus Sash instead of a Life Orb since he is frail and has a lot of extremely common weaknesses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I must've forgot to type "Roost" on Dragonite *Edits*
I'll keep Cloyster as it is, not many people I have fought have set up SR or Spikes, it's quite a good sweeper also, the only thing it can't handle is any grass and steel types, although I will use Dragonite's Fire Punch for that
As for Starmie, I agree with you, I will make those changes for Starmie now
I never use Stone Edge on Aero, so I will put pursuit on it
And I put Focus Sash on Urugamosu

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
One thing that may be causing issues with your Ulgamoth is simply how you're using it, as I've seen that exact same set utterly demolish a very experienced player once before. This means that the set itself is fine as it is - are you taking advantage of Ulgamoth's strengths to find ways to set up? Are you forcing foes to switch out from it to get free set-up turns? If you're not, then your strategy is the problem, not Ulgamoth's moveset.

Note that Starmie also gets Trick, Grass Knot and Rapid Spin for movepool options as well. Also, Illuminate is absolute garbage - Natural Cure only for Starmie.

Doryuzu fits the same category as Ulgamoth in that you're just using him wrong - where's your Sand Stream user? Without Sandstorm there's no point in using Doryuzu at all.

Nicki has addressed all your moveset problems essentially, but for the most part, it's simply your strategy that needs work - you're not using Doryuzu or Ulgamoth to their strengths at all. Their movesets are fine, yet they're underperforming because you yourself are using them wrong. This is what you need to work on to improve.