• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU: Roleplay

Sagisō

"Spoken like someone burdened by life's yolk," the Nadeshiko kunoichi shot back, her words slick, not giving a single inch of ground.

"Life is balance; yes, but on which side of that line do we stand? And who decides what 'balance' is?"

"It's simple really, whoever is stronger dictates the boundaries of balance. Whether you are careless or cautious, wise or short-sighted, it all depends on how strong you are. Mice flee at the slightest hint of danger, they're on the tips of their toes with every. little. thing. Do you know why? Because they know their place; it is among the weak, those whose life is easily snuffed by the passing whims of others. You can laugh and call it short-sighted, but do you know where the far-sighted Mice are...? Dead. Life may not wait for you to guarantee assurance, but if you can guarantee assurance then it is foolhardy to not do so.

"Lions eat Zebra and that is balance; the strong triumph over the weak and that is balance; Great Nations trample over those less than them and that is balance. Haven't you been trampled long enough that you've learned to accept your lot in life?"

Sagisō paused for a brief moment, eyes narrowed into a vicious glare, she let her words sink in, but didn't allow Azumi the time to respond to them. Instead, she quickly continued.

"I have seen Lions," She paused, memories flashing back to three months ago on a small chain of islands where her skin crawled with the feeling power in the air, like liquid oppression washing over her; fear and discomfort oozed from the Skillful Star's very being, her body quivering, but not from the cold, "and to them, we aren't even worth being called Zebra. We are more like...mice, or bugs, hardly even noticed when they crush us underfoot."

"Since we know we are mice, we won't move with the airs of a tiger. There is no swifter path to death than overestimating your own strength; but, do not be mistaken. We are mice now but in the future, we will grow, bloom, evolve, until one day, even Lions will be wary of us. When I returned to Nadeshiko, that was the most valuable thing I could give my sisters, to instill in them the cruel truth of life. That the world's balance means we must watch our steps around giants, but one day," her eyes narrowed dangerously; her shivering by this point had stopped and the blood boiling in her veins seemed to fuel a lust for power, "they will watch their steps around us."

Sagisō squeezed a heated breath from her lips, her previous calm returning to her.

"Know your place but do not be content with it. I trust that she did what she thought was best without needlessly risking herself."

The Skillful Star swept her gaze over the competitors, eyeing the shinobi entering the rooms, some with headbands engraved with rain. Turning to Azumi one more time, she muttered softly.

"So you ask if I'm proud...? Yes. I've made sure that all of mine will come back alive, have you?"

Mori couldn't help but feel weirded out by the proctor leaking green slime, was he a snot man or something? Sweet Kami, wouldn't want to see him with a runny nose. He thought to himself with a sour grin. Both Tomiko and Madoka had already begun taking the test and he couldn't just stand there and wait, that would be cowardice. He had to steel his will and go down one of the corridors that just looked so inviting if you were a rat or a different kind of vermin. Swallowing his fear down, he entered the corridor and told himself that it was just a tunnel like the ones he dug, just larger and more ominous. Surely nothing bad would happen here, would there?

---

He was wrong. He was so, so wrong! The proctor sat in front of him and asked him to write down the formula of sulfuric acid of all things. Mori's hands became damp with sweat as fear began to overtake his body and memories of flunked tests returned, and this one was a test he had to pass! Luckily it was only one question and there was no apparent time limit, so he could ignore the tightening knot inside of his gut and think for a while. As he sat down and grabbed the pencil, the genin began to think. He'd heard the words sulfuric acid before, but where? Tormenting his brain, he dug deeper into his memories.

Right, one of the lectures that he'd gotten from a friend of Dad who used to serve in the Explosion Corps before losing her leg in the war. She helped him create his mines as she frequently used other explosives than her kekkei genkai to save chakra and be more efficient. Sulfuric acid was used to create explosives and was also used in the steel industry to remove rust and the like, but what was the formula? Biting down on the pencil, he continued thinking. He recalled seeing a bottle with a clear liquid that apparently was incredibly acidic and could burn skin, but what was on the label? Mori closed his eyes to picture the image better, and that's when it hit him. Opening his eyes and removing the pencil from his mouth, he wrote H2SO4 down on the paper. I gotta thank her when I get home, that constant nagging worked out! Confident in his answer, he put down the pencil and waited, now wondering what the hell the proctor was made of. Maybe he's sulfuric acid? It honestly wouldn't surprise the mole genin too much.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Tomiko’s Exam:

As she entered the second room, she was greeted with the sight of yet another water clone of Boxide’s, this time, amongst an entire field of small chest boxes, at least 30. The boxes were small and brown, with golden edges around them and a tiny keyhole in the center. He gestured to the boxes around him with movements of his head.

“...You see before you...the next door can only be opened through a key. There is one key in this room...however, you cannot open a chest withyour own body in order to make it through. Unless the chest happens to be the correct one of course. You may only open one. If you open the wrong chest yourself...you will instantly be eliminated...”

Madoka’s Exam

The clone in the next room awaited her, Boxide hunched over a horde of boxes.

“...You see before you...the door can only be opened through a key...”

he continued his spiel, explaining the rules and the objective for this portion of the exam, following by a gesture to the chests.

“...Now go...”

Amari’s Exam

“...You know your acids...very well...proceed...”

Boxide gurgled out this response, the clone reverting to a puddle of green ooze, the door at the end of the hall unlocking and awaiting her arrival.

Mori’s Exam.

Boxide watched as Mori scribbled down his answer after a long period of time thinking. The writing was the only thing audible other than his own congested breathing.

“...Don’t think too hard...else you’d get an aneurism and perish...ha...ha...” Boxide managed to joke through his slorps. “But...you do go on to the second portion. Continue.”

Shiho’s Exam.

“...”

He stared directly at her, not bothering to give her an answer. His form has lurched and looked over her like a vulture awaiting prey to die off. It looks like it wouldn’t be that simple..

Furijia’s Exam

“...”

he watched as the pencil was hit by electricity, bouncing off of the desk and rolling onto the ground. Turning back to Fujiria, he gave a low congested groan.

“...Your not very bright, are you...?”

Yasu’s Exam

Boxide glanced at the paper, sucking up fluid that sounded like was in his mouth. After examining it, he gestured to the next room, which unlocked for him.

“...Many bright futures this year...or not...You may come continue regardless though...”

Last edited:
Mori let out a chuckle at the joke, even though the slorps were very unsettling. "I'll try my best not to." Getting up from his chair, he inwardly sighed. That was a close one, hopefully the next session was easier. I'm lucky it wasn't a math question, there's no way I would've passed without Tomiko then. As the name of his close friend crossed his mind, the smile on his face got replaced with a frown. Did she pass? He knew how much these exams meant to her, but she never really showed any interest in chemistry as far as he could remember. Maybe Ren told her or it was told in the academy when he was truant, but he wasn't exactly hopeful. Instead of feeling the rush of success, Mori entered the next room with the stagnancy of doubt and waited for the proctor to tell him what to do.

Mori’s Exam

Mori was welcomed to the sight of thirty boxes in the next room, another clone of the proctor awaiting him to arrive. The boxes were small and brown, with golden edges around them and a tiny keyhole in the center. He gestured to the boxes around him with movements of his head.

“...You see before you...the next door can only be opened through a key. There is one key in this room...however, you cannot open a chest withyour own body in order to make it through. Unless the chest happens to be the correct one of course. You may only open one. If you open the wrong chest yourself...you will instantly beeliminated...”

A puzzle? It couldn't possibly be worse than the test he just took, but the mention of his own body made him take a small step back. He knew it had to be an illusion or a clone, but it still wouldn't be a nice sight. "So, I can't open them with my own body and I am sure that I'd get disqualified if I try to pick them up. That would be a major oversight if it was allowed." The mole genin thought out loud as he leaned against a wall and crossed his legs at the ankles. "Welp, if I keep thinking I'll have an aneurism and that is not what I want." Clapping his hands together, he began weaving hand signs. "Earth Style: Dragon Totem Jutsu!"

A rock pillar with a dragon's head carved out of the top shot out the ground, though its size was altered to fit in the room. It moved its head and grabbed a box surprisingly gently for such jaws and shook it. Mori was quiet and managed to have chakra enchance his hearing a bit without disrupting the jutsu, he didn't hear anything thrown around inside. This was not the one. The process repeated itself multiple times until a small object was heard getting tossed around inside of the box. Silence. Mori made the totem shake the box again, this time harder. The object inside was going all over the place, this had to be the one. With a satisfied smile, he lowered his middle finger and the totem bit down on the box, shattering it before getting reduced to rubble itself.

Mori moved from his spot against the wall and knelt down to reveal a key that was covered with dust. "Not the most graceful way of doing it, but it worked like a charm." He said with a grin as he put the key in the keyhole.

Mori’s Exam

Boxide looked at the display, an earth dragon arising mighty-like, Called for the simple task of shaking boxes. A bit over the top for the job, but no less effective. As Mori procured the key and place it into the door, he gave a wordless nod as he became a puddle, the door opening. On the other side, a clone of Boxide stood between two separate doors.

“...Welcome to the final stage of the exam...” he spoke. “This next challenge has a 5% pass rate, and is considered the hardest stage of the exam.”

he gestured toward the door on his right, which one could tell there were flashing lights on the other side, orange and reds, and heat being thrown off of it.

“Due to legal constraints, you may also choose our alternative test, which is much longer than the difficult test, but is notably easier...”

he gestured to the left, which revealed nothing under it, other than just dark space.

“...Go ahead...“

It was customary that when an Ikeda Clan member died, that their blood was....’donated’.
This custom had been set in place for various reasons, but the primary one remained unchanged. Increase the artillery.

The trio made their way to the basement, now accompanied by the rest of the clan.
The lower levels of the Ikeda Mansion were...utterly massive. The basement had various forms of supplies, a multitude of coffins and most notably...several hundred-gallon containers of blood.
The whole estate had been built like an iceberg with 90% of it size hidden underneath. It truly threw Kido off.

“Did...the Ikeda Clan have this the whole time?”

The stormy-haired ninja questioned in mild fascination.

“Yeah, of course. Who doesn’t have a bunker-artillery-graveyard combo?”

Ichiko replied rather nonchalantly, leaving her husband in a slight state of shock.

“How did the Denki hold out for so long against these guys?”

Before Kido could begin to fathom the fact that the Ikeda were clearly far more tactile than the Denki, the group came to sudden halt.

“Ichiko, you’re the most skilled with Blood Control, so the rights belong to you.”

Sūkikyō announced loud enough for everyone to hear, before gingerly sliding a sheet off the pale-corpse of Shinku.
Ichiko nodded, approaching the body with a look of disgust hidden from the crowd.

“It’s about damn time you did something for the clan.”

She muttered while extending both of her palms out. After several seconds of concentration and awkward silence, liquids began to weep from every orifice on his body. Slowly but surely, a ball of dirty-red liquid began to take shape above the shriveling body of Shinku.

“Open the chambers!”

Sūkikyō ordered, causing two young members of the clan to began turning a heavy valve on the side of the blood container, causing the top to open up with a satisfying creek.

“Filter!”

Ichiko shouted as the dirty-red ball floating above her instantly separated. The smaller of the two balls consisted of stomach acids, natural oils, chemical compounds, you name it. The larger of the two was a perfectly filtered ball of blood.
The burgundy-haired Jonin proceeded to move her hand in an unnatural circular motion, causing the ball of excess bodily fluids to dissolve into thin air.
After doing so, she cast the remaining blood into the large chamber, causing a heavy splattering noise to occur.

“Close the chambers!”

Sūkikyō shouted once more while making her way over to the now mummified corpse of Shinku with a coffin lid in hand.
The childhood friends quickly gave each other a satisfied glance as they secured the lid. Everything went smoothly.

“Last step.”

“I know.”

It was apparent that her time away from the Ikeda hadn’t hindered her ability to recall basic protocol. To prove this, Ichiko quickly pierced a hole in her index finger, allowing a trickle of blood to escape, which quickly used to the sign the coffin.

“Wait...I thought you Ikeda could produce blood from any of your pores? Why did she prick her finger?”

Kido questioned, now completely fascinated by the ceremony he’d just witnessed.

“It’s tradition, duh.”

One of the younger clan members retorted from the back of the crowd, causing Kido to glance over his shoulder with a slight look of annoyance in his face.

———

Katsuo was ready to have a field day. Witness awesome battles, converse with some old faces...perhaps even bomb a certain Xeno-hater for old times sake. But...the young Ikeda-Nin hadn’t done any of these things. Instead, he found himself standing outside, staring off into space for an unknown reason.

“Something is...off...”

He muttered to himself whilst holding a hand out above his head, allowing raindrops to lightly splash against his palm.

———

Rittsu internally cringed as the pervy-snake touched her. Over these last few months, she came to realize his predatory-like personality went beyond words. He truly was a ‘creep’.

“Whatever it takes.”

She muttered, taking hold of the hand that had been residing on her cheek.

“Lead the way, Lord Orochimaru.”

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Aku stared forward blankly as the small girl in front of him grabbed his hand and lead him towards the counter to be signed up for the exams. He had still only just met her, so it was more than a little awkward to be dragged around the building like he was some sort of dog. She wasn't forceful with her leading, but he also wasn't forceful with trying to pull away. It wasn't until they had reached the counter and she was still grabbing onto his hand that he finally pulled back from her grip.

"My last name... it's, uh, Miyashita." He said, raising his voice slightly as not to seem meek after being taken around by a girl more than a head shorter than him.

Aku lightly nudged Sema on the shoulder before leaning down to speak to her in a slightly more private way. Well, as private as he could get in a room full of teenagers that would be fighting each other soon.

"Hey, Sema, maybe you should be more careful with who's hand you're grabbing like that. I told you already, but I try to stick to myself for a reason. If someone who knows me saw that... what I'm trying to say is, people talk, and I don't have the cleanest reputation."

The older boy sighed, still not wanting to hurt her feelings. However, after what had just happened, it would be safer for them both if he left her alone here. For now, at least.

"I'm sorry, but we should split up here. I'm gonna go ahead into the main room by myself now. Honestly though, I hope I see you later in the exam, at least past the first stage. Good luck, alright?"

------------------------------------------------------

Before long, Aku found himself in the exam room assigned to him. Boxide's initial speech hadn't done anything to reduce his confidence, nor his determination. He knew had had to keep moving forward, he certainly couldn't afford to be disqualified here in the first exam Luckily for him, sulphuric acid was common enough in the Hidden Sand, and he managed to remember the formula itself without much trouble.

"Alright... no problems yet."

He took the pen from the table and scribbled the formula down in a... mostly eligible, scrawled sort of way. Aku turned to his proctor quickly upon finishing the test, not-so-patiently waiting for further instruction.

Last edited:

Aku’s Exam

“...Hm...”

Barley managing to make out his answer out of the mess on the paper, Boxide gestured to the next door, which unlocked itself upon him looking in the direction.

“...I’ve had an animal write more legibly just in this sitting...but I don’t grade handwriting...”

after that, he suddenly reverted to a pile of ooze on the ground, leaving Aku alone in the room other than the door ahead.

Orochimaru lead his obedient subject toward a different room. It was dimly lit and large, with a monotone gray feel to it. There was one thing that was very noticeable however. A big machine with wires, tubes and miscellaneous machinery sticking out of it, reaching from the floor all the way to the ceiling.

The machine had a Lone chair facing the entryway and a divet where the headrest should be. In the indention, there were sprawling seals and markings of unknown origin. Dozens of human sized test tubes lined the wall, most, if not all occupied by someone unconscious.

“Here we are...” Orochimaru spoke, walking toward the machine. “Some say hell doesn’t exist...but are they correct? Well, I’d like to say every myth has some basis in reality, wouldn’t you think?”

tracing the armrests of the contraption with his fingertips, Orochimaru leaned in on it, looking back at his pupil.

“Once you take a seat here, you will dive into the hell world and will take back a powerful demon with you, testing your will against it’s, or so the theory goes.”

Mori gulped, 5% was not a high chance of succeeding. He could risk the odds and go through what he could only assume to be Hell's front lawn, or he could go the long and safer route. Something the proctor said made him stop though. Legal constraints. If this thing was illegal on one or more fronts, why was it still allowed to be used? It didn't make sense to Mori, even someone who was a civillian would notice something like that was fishy. It had to mean something, but what? He heard his father talk late at night to his mom about something called 'chakra-less genjutsu', or the art of getting in someone's head. Was this such a situation? Why would there be legal constraints, yet the path wasn't changed at all? It didn't add up, if it truly was the test site then it would be edited to be legal.

Mori let out a sigh, overthinking everything began to put a dry taste in his mouth and a fog around his head. He'd go with the door that actually had lights and not a staring abyss. Should it truly be an illegal death trap, he could always use Hiding like a Mole and go through the walls. "I pick this door, proctor." He said with a mix of confidence and a feeling of 'let's just get this out of the way'. If he passed, cool. If he failed, so be it. He'd made it in time for these exams at least and that was more than he could say about the previous one. If he did fail, he could always support Tomiko, Madoka and Yasu. A 75% success rate sounded good in his ears.

Mori approaches the door, his hesitation bringing interest From the proctor, who leaned in on his choice. The closer Mori came to the door...the hotter it got. As he pressed on the door, the heat rose hotter and hotter, the lights getter more and more red. As he opened the door...he was given a surprising sight...

*Pffffff!*

Confetti had been released on the other side, several heaters and red lamps on display, feigning the idea of danger. There was an exit door right behind this that lead to the outside. A final Boxide clone was at the end, giving a congested laugh.

“...Ha...good...you have passed... You know why, don’t you...? Your answers to the first exam mean nothing...your second exam? Easy if you were any self respecting ninja. But this one? ...A true ninja never fears the odds or danger ahead. We fight on no matter what’s before us. Well done...you pass...”

he gestured to the door behind him, light being seen on the other side. The final clone made a single laugh before it too vanished like its predecessors.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Amari was grateful for her... unconventional upbringing as she was informed she had indeed passed the first trial. She stepped through the door to find herself met with what looked to be about 30 wooden chests with gold trim. The proctor had informed her that the door could only be opened with a key, and there was only one key in this room. If you opened a chest without the key in it, you failed. What the proctor never said was that the key was actually in one of the chests.

She didn't really want to try and figure out which chest was correct, especially when there was a chance that none of them held the key. She saw a few options on how to proceed, but she decided to go for the most direct route, the door. Amari walked across the room, ignoring all the chests. She reached out her hand to grab the door handle. After trying it once, she confirmed that the door was indeed locked. She expected as much, but it couldn't hurt to make sure. She kept her hand on the doorknob and this time, flowed her fire style chakra through the doorknob and into the lock. Her goal was to soften up the metal in the lock enough to where she could open the door without the need for the key.

Amari’s Test

“...That’s not going to work...”

Suddenly, as soon as the metal began to take on the slightest bit of damage, the door gave a pulse that would launch Amari backwards. As it would do so, ten additional chests were added to the already present thirty!

“...Tamper with the door...and consequences will ensue. ...We as ninja cannot always control the environments we are hurdled into, the sooner you accept that...the better...”

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Amari was launched backward back into the room after attempting her own solution to the puzzle. Obviously, they had anticipated people would try to break the door open and made countermeasures for that. Her solution was a little more elegant than trying to bust the door down directly, but clearly, they had still accounted for it. She had to commend them on their thoroughness for preparing the exam. While she wasn't all that pleased with the outcome, she was still impressed. Now she was once again stuck with a problem of how to search forty boxes without opening a single one.

Her next solution was slightly less elegant. "Nadeshiko Style: White Jasmine Flame, Variation 3" Amari shot out 40 small petals made out of fire that each landed on one of the respective chests. Then, on her signal, each one detonated creating a miniature explosion. Amari had been working hard on her chakra control ever since she went overboard with Sagisō and Katsuo, so she made sure that each explosion was only big enough to blow a small hole in the top of the chests. The holes were just big enough to allow her to see into each chest, without actually blowing the chests open, therefore, not violating any of the rules laid out specifically by the proctor. The holes were also just small enough so that she couldn't fit her hand through, so she would still have to open whichever chest actually had the key in it. She looked through the group until she saw a small key inside one of the chests. She opened the chest, retrieved the key, and fit the key into the keyhole.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku looked on quietly, hiding his surprise when the room he was in was revealed to be a genjutsu. Instead of rushing in with excitement, he watched the others head to the corridors to use them as a way of testing what would happen. One particular girl seemed to have a more direct approach at figuring out what was happening, creating lots of attention by using a fireball jutsu. Raiku looked on until the girl seemed to have been surrounded by earth walls. Raiku decided that he wouldn't anymore information before he started the exams officially and headed on towards a door. Though he was cautious he wouldn't resist taking the exams like Koki'o. To Raiku's surprise, the first part didn't seem that difficult, just a science question.

Good thing I payed attention in chemistry class.. I wonder if Taiyo would've past this question. I know the feeling if he didn't and I wouldn't wish it upon my friend...

Raiku quickly answered H2SO4 and looked at the proctor quietly and patiently for further instructions. As he did so he took a closer look at the examiner.

What is going on with that green liquid? Kind of reminds me of mucus... gross. Maybe it's a deformed version of the Hydrification Jutsu or something... or he has serious allergies.

-------------

Sema blushed for a moment when Aku told her not to grab his hand but it went away as quick as it came. Instead she giggled internally to herself at the Suna boy's warning.

Reputation? Is he a bad boy or something? Doesn't really sound like it'd suit him considering how quiet he was when I first talked to him.

Either way Sema just gave the Fire Release user a smile and a wave of goodbye before heading back and realizing that the setting of the room had changed due to genjutsu, or rather the removal of it. Sema shrugged and nonchalantly walked over to a corridor and found the desk and paper with pencil.

This seems a bit easy... and kind of unnecessary. I guess Shinboi can't be stupid but... this is just one question anyways. Well it doesn't really matter, I'll just answer. I suppose I should sort of thank my interest in science class, but I doubt I would've failed this question even if I didn't focus on the sciences during the Academy.

Sema quickly wrote the answer and looked up at the proctor, causing her to have a short look of disgust on her face at the green liquid and overall sickly appearance of Boxide but quickly removed the expression and replaced it with a neutral one.

Furījia

Furījia ignored the cynical proctor and proceeded to the next portion of the test. When presented with the room of boxes she began to inspect them one by one with the Byakugan. She immediately noted that the boxes themselves were fitted with locks, and that seemed to pose an issue. She turned to the proctor, questioning him.

"Are these boxes already unlocked?"

Yasu

Moving onto the next section of the exam the Suna ninja found himself rubbing his chin when faced with the room of boxes. However, he had a pretty good idea of how he was going to find the key. He swiftly lined the wall with feathers, created a cushion of plumage, and then promptly began to punt the boxes into the wall. The empty boxes hit the wall of feathers without making a sound, the one with the key would rattle with the sound of its contents. Once he had singled out the box with the key in it then passing through the door would be a piece of cake.

Amari’s Exam.

*Boom*

The explosions echoed through the chamber, Boxide however remained unshaken by the attack. He watched as Amari didn’t destroy the chests...but simply poked holes in them. She peaked inside several before finding the key and plucking it out triumphantly.

“...You know...if I were a hard ass I would have failed you right there, as you technically opened a hole in all of them...luckily for you, I don’t care in the slightest...”

with that, he reverted to a pile of green sludge, leaving her alone in the room.

Raiku’s Exam.

“...Let me guess...you cheated off someone with those eyes O’ yours...eh, Uchiha?

Boxide looked down at raiku, droplets of glowing unknown fluid secreting down his mask. Right as it seemed that Boxide might have become violent, he gave a garbled wheeze. It seemed like a kind of laughter?

Ha...Cheating or not...I don’t care about your methods...just as long as you play by my rules... You may proceed...”

He then dispelled, allowing Raiku access to the following room, which the door’s lock became undone.

Sema’s Exam

“...That was...Snnnnnk...quick...” Boxide muttered aloud. “...You have the eyes of a killer...perhaps that’s natural for you to know...move on...”

the form of the clone came apart, becoming a pile of goo in the floor, allowing her access to the second portion.

Fujira’s Exam.

“...Why don’t you Try them and find out...? ...Ha...Ha...Ha...!”

His form heaved like he was going to throw up, but it instead it was him trying to compensate for laughing, if one could call it that. It appeared he wasn’t going to be any help for her. A well of knowledge.

Yasu’s Exam.

“...You make it look remarkably easy...now your making me depressed...”

Boxide half joked as Yasu simply found the key by just...kicking them around. Boxide groaned as he sunk into the floor, allowing the feather using ninja further access

Azumi had expected a quick quip or something for response, but it seemed that something about her comments seemed to inspire Sagiso to move into quite the speech as she outlined her stance. Azumi had considered Sagiso one of the few who wears another village's headband she was close to but this little firery retort gave her more insight into the ideology she carried and that of her people.

"A colorful choice of words to be sure, though it falls short in a direct comparison in one area. Humans are not animals. A lion will only ever hunt what it needs to survive, a Zebra will only take from the land what it needs to carry on the next generation. And so on and so forth, you are right there is a natural balance but that is by design as animals operate merely on instinct and nothing more." Azumi said as she found the animal analogy to be the most interesting of her words to respond to.

"Power in nature is a factor that is secondary to instinct & survival, power for ninja...for humans, is the only thing. Because we've evolved to the point where we are aware of our place in the ecosystem and have conquered it; to the point where our only competition is each other, and unlike the lions or predators of the wild we don't settle for just what we need. It's why the great nations have inflated to what they are over the years, a desire for more to try and climb to the top of this artificial pyramid they made for themselves. It is the antithesis to true balance dear Sagiso..." Azumi replied, and indeed this artificial balance of the world the ones made by greedy nations that have taken more than they earned and what happens to those under foot and what happens to those who are stepped over. Which seemed to segway nicely with Sagiso's following point as Azumi nodded along.

"In that respect, you have one point I do agree with. One that those who are seen as lower on the shinobi totem pole will gain strength, gain ground and soon those at the top will have to watch themselves. I agree with that, but caution and biding time while vital are but part of the components. The will to act is as important, as needed as any other. Self reflection and a measure of your own abilities is vital, and if that is why she failed then fair but given her attitude she seemed reluctant to even take a cautious step forward and if one considers chances as direct competition with peers as beneath them it limits growth. But only time will reveal that, you can only judge by your own village's standards if you feel she represented you well or not." Azumi replied back as she none the less had something she had been curious over.

"So you desire to bunk with me if I recall your comment about your arrangements here?" Azumi asked, given Sagiso was a guest to her home she figured that they should address this sooner rather than later. Though their conversation seemed to attract a crowd or rather one vaguely familiar face.

"So, seems our fav yuri bait pair are getting along. Been a while hasn't it?" Kenji said with a sly grin as he approached the pair as Azumi already rolled her eyes.

"Ah, figures you'd be back. Shocked you haven't broken your body already to be truthful." Azumi said with a deadpan glare as Kenji chuckled while he rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"Ah missed you too miss sunshine. I see you and the Star Hyuga are doing well." Kenji mused, a play on the Star class Sagiso's village seemed to run on.

----------
Madoka and Tomiko each made their way to the next room, decorated with what seemed to be a room with another clone of the proctor, dozens upon dozens of metalic boxes and what appeared to be a large door. Each were given instructions about what to do as their seemed to be one key among these boxes and they only could only one and if they had been wrong they could not make it through. They also lacked the ability to use their "bodies" to affect the boxes.

Each had to think of what to do, and ironically both came to a similar conclusion...but with their own flair.

-----​
Madoka passed by the boxes and rather moved to the door, as there had been no condition made on dealing with the door as opposed to the boxes, and while she lacked the specific key there had been more than one way to deal with a lock. With a flick of her wrist a pair of chakra threads extended from her palm towards the lock as they managed to gain entry and Madoka worked to tamper and tinker with the internal mechanisms of the lock.

Clank!

Eventually, Madoka managed to get the resounding clang, a sign she picked the lock she would grasp the handle and aimed to open the door curious what waited for her beyond it.

-----
Tap tap tap
Tomiko worked to get a feel for the door, tapping on it with the back of her gauntlet as the door sounded heavy and strong. Really Tomiko had an urge to just drive her fist through the door and bust it down, but while she figured it would "pass" her she'd likely get a scowl from the Ame-nin for breaking parts of a facility.

So, to borrow a trick she picked up from her previous run in the Forest of Death, Tomiko felt the ground using a touch of seismic sense to feel solid ground both on this side of the door and the opposite side of it.

With a grin, she stepped back and made a hand sign. "Apologies Mori but, you ain't the only digger around~"

Tomiko would burrow under the ground, making a short tunnel under the door as she aimed to go under and pop back up on the other side to whatever waited for her there. But she seemed to hit a snag, something seemed to block her as she jumped back to the surface and thought it over with a sigh.

"Fine, guess we do it the boring way."

Tomiko made a key out of rock and worked it into the hole, aiming to create her own key to pick the lock and open the door.

Furījia

"Okay."

Furījia reached down to her waist, pulling something from beneath her waist sash—her spear. As the spear segments began to snap together, the Hyūga heiress wielded her weapon like a bat and punted one of the boxes...right into the proctor's gelatinous body. Her Byakugan had taken note of his liquid body and if the boxes were unlocked then as his fluids seeped through the cracks, eventually forcing them open.

Yasu

"You mean it wasn't?"

The Suna ninja snickered, rather pleased that such a simple strategy had worked. Retrieving the key from the box he swiftly went to the next door and opened it, proceeding to the third part of the test.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku continued staring at Boxide quietly when he suspected the Uchiha of cheating, though he was even more disgusted by the gurgled laugh. Luckily his mask was able to mask his expression.

"Strange you would accuse me of that... I suppose you weren't paying attention to my eyes since I didn't use the Sharingan. I merely put in the effort during the Academy to be the best I could be at all subjects."

Nonetheless Raiku wasn't actually annoyed and opened the door and continued with the exams. He observed his surroundings as Boxide explained the next test.

“...You see before you...the next door can only be opened through a key. There is one key in this room...however, you cannot open a chest with your own body in order to make it through. Unless the chest happens to be the correct one of course. You may only open one. If you open the wrong chest yourself...you will instantly be eliminated...”

Raiku brought his hand to his chin and thought for a moment. He decided to ignore all the boxes and instead went straight towards the next door. He then brought out his sword and put it near the keyhole, using chakra control to create a makeshift key out of dense water and tried to use it to unlock the door.

-----------

Sema looked at the examiner keeping her neutral expression though on the inside he was annoyed by his statement.

I didn't do anything to make him think that... is he referring to my dojutsu? Could be possible, I suppose. Still I'd prefer to keep my enjoyment of killing to be a private thing.

Sema proceeded onto the next door without saying a word to try not to give off any other clues about the dark side of her personality. She was met with the same challenge as Raiku and obviously would have to use a different approach.

"Do the chests have anything protecting them from the ability to see through things?" she asked the proctor.

Last edited:

“...”

“Okay...so of course a ninja would want to choose the deadly path because that’s the big and obvious one...but what if that’s too obvious? Maybe they want us to play it smart and not waste any precious blood or life...”

“Kid...”

“Wait a minute...foreigners? Caring about life?Well! Then it is a simple test!”

Kai boldly strided into the dangerous room, revealing it to be a farce, heaters and red lights and everything! He was proud of himself. The proctor looked disappointed.

“...You know...this was a test of bravery and devotion, not about prejudice-“

“Yet, I answered it correctly.”

“...”

“...”

“...Fine...You pass...I won’t bother with a speech...that would be a lot of effort for you to not listen...”

defeated, Boxide reverted back to a pile of ooze, leaving Kai alone with the door in front of him.

Furijia’s Exam

*Plop!*

The box landed right into Boxide’s gelatinous form, which seemed to mildly offend him as he looked down. Slowly...the box seemed to melt inside of him like he were made of some kind of acidic substance. While the box was empty, the wood degraded into nothingness.

“...Creative...forcing me to open the chests like that... You are the first to think of this... Also...how very rude...”

Yasu’s Exam

“...So which one will you choose...?

He was presented with the two doors. One, with red lights and heat thrown off of it, and the other seemingly pitch black and deemed longer to complete. Which one would he choose?

Madoka’s Exam

A surprise to be sure, showing off her ability to weave into keyholes using only puppets ring strings. It seemed a puppeteer had tricks other than manipulating puppets.

As Madoka jury rigged the door, it opened with a creak. On the other side, a clone of Boxide stood between two separate doors.

“...Welcome to the final stage of the exam...” he spoke. “This next challenge has a 5% pass rate, and is considered the hardest stage of the exam.”

he gestured toward the door on his right, which one could tell there were flashing lights on the other side, orange and reds, and heat being thrown off of it.

“Due to legal constraints, you may also choose our alternative test, which is much longer than the difficult test, but is notably easier...”

he gestured to the left, which revealed nothing under it, other than just dark space.

“...Go ahead...“

Tomiko’s Exam

“...Go Ahead...”

she was left with a similar predicament to Madoka. She was at the final exam and two doors were before her. Boxide cocked his head to the side, heavily wheezing in the silence.

“So then...do you want the fast and low rate, or the slow but higher? ...Personally, I like watching people stumble and fail as they attempt to win...”

Raiku’s Exam

“...You think water will be enough to create a key? ...Kiddo, you know that due to the make up of water-“

*Kur-chuck!*

the door had been unlocked, much to the proctor’s surprise. after a few moments of silence, he huffed, slowly starting to become a puddle once more.

“...Or I’ll just be quiet...”

As green, viscous liquid seeped through the ceiling, Senji leaned forward in his seat, a brow raised in fascination as the figure of a man slowly emerged from within the puddle of slime. After listening attentively to the instructions that followed, the boy rose from his seat as Boxide dismissed the applicants to their respective doors. Senji stepped up to a vacant door and took a deep breath before turning the handle and stepping inside.

A bit surprised to see... another Boxide standing before him, Senji approached the provided pen and sheet of paper, twirling the pen as he listened to the first segment of his exam.

"Write down the formula for sulfuric acid."

Immediately upon hearing the first question, Senji's jaw dropped in a clear expression of shock. Chemical compounds? Of all things, Senji's exam began with identifying the formula for hydrogen sulfate. However, from his wide open mouth came not a jumbled mess of confused stammering, but a heavy sigh of relief.

Lucky...

Chemistry—well, general science overall—had always been a tricky concept for Senji to grasp, and knowing this, the Genin had managed to squeeze in an acceptable amount of time in between grueling training regimens to cram with borrowed books on his points of weakness, drilling important formulas and equations into his head and managing to retain most of them. After regaining his composure, Senji quickly scribbled down "H2SO4" before setting the paper and pen down and turning to wait for Boxide's reaction. I kinda feel like I should've failed, though.. that was pretty scary.

Senji’s Exam

“...Hm...it seems as though someone payed attention in their training... But don’t let that go to your head...this was the easiest challenge...”

And like that, the clone of Boxide seeped into the floor, becoming a pool of ooze whilst the door at the end of the all unlocked audibly for him to enter to the next exam.

Sema’s Exam

“Quite...” Boxide responded. “...What? Did you think we were just gonna let you LOOK inside? ...Ha...Ha...hrrrrrrrkkk...

Boxide wheezed, finding enjoyment in this one. She played the serious role whilst playing this game of his. He wondered if she could get herself eliminated for his amusement.

Tomiko was greeted between two doors, one that seemed to be a dark abyss and the other that had some lights as it seemed Tomiko was given a choice. Either take the door which itself looked safer but was said to have a lower percentage rate, or request the alternate which she took as taking a stride to the dark side as it seemed she had a chance to choose her poison.

Tomiko glanced to each one before she rested a confident smirk and cracked her knuckles.

"Odds smods, I'll take on whatever you have in front of me!" Tomiko said as she had not been short on confidence, and with that made the choice to go to the door with lights as she figured the added sight would help her deal with whatever threat awaited her there. Oh Tomiko felt the blood pumping now this this promised something exciting!

-----​
The rooms seemed to be a curious inversion of what he claimed, the dark and "dangerous" room seemed to be the easier but longer path, while the ones that seemed to have some inviting illumination. Seemed to be a matter of time vs. risk to this, but had it been a trap of some sort and the doors swapped around?

Regardless, Madoka figured that the answer had to least be part of the test itself. Whatever option she picked she had to be prepared for anything, and one part of the ninja way had been the willingness to accept great risk for the good of the village & its people. So Madoka opted to advance to the dangerous room, though seemed assured she had been ready to face whatever awaited her.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Sema gave a small sigh as her dojutsu would've made the exam significantly easier. Nonetheless she could hardly give up just because she couldn't take the easy way out. She decided not to risk opening any wrong chests and instead tried her hand at opening the door itself without using the key. She took out a senbon and lockpicked the keyhole of the door causing it to open. Sema had picked up a lockpicking class in case it would ever come in handy due to her desire to become an ANBU, such skills would be needed for high ranked missions involving assassinations and other dubious acts.

She looked at the proctor with a sly grin as she had still managed to proceed in the exams despite his apparent hopes.

"Did you really think I'd be dumb enough to try my luck with the chests? I'm not particularly unlucky but 1/30 odds are quite heavily against my favor. Though I suppose that's obvious," she said with a shrug, before proceeding to enter the next room.

----------

Raiku grinned at the success and thanked the person that helped him improve his water style to make him good enough at controlling the nature for complex objects that he was now able to produce. To add to his glee he seemed to have even shocked Boxide with his performance, though after realizing he might have been getting too happy he reset his emotions to keep himself calm for the rest of the exams as he walked through the door.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Amari ignored the Proctor's dismissal of her solution. She had passed it without breaking any of his rules. Blowing a hole in something and opening a hole in something were two very different things. She had accomplished the task without opening any wrong chests. But, that was neither here nor there as she passed all the same.

As Amari entered through the door, she was met with her final trial... another two doors. As the Proctor explained it, she had a choice between the two doors. The trial itself had a 5% pass rate according to the Proctor. She had a choice to go through one door that was considerably harder but was faster. The other door was much longer but didn't have the same danger according to the Proctor.

The first thing Amari noticed was that neither door seemed to be emitting any sound. It was for the most part, quiet on both sides. She centered herself to make sure she wasn't imagining things, and it was undeniably true. It seemed strange to her that the seemingly dangerous door wouldn't have any sound emanating from it. Sure there were flashing lights and heat coming off of it, but that was really all from what she could tell. Maybe there was something blocking her from hearing sounds, but it didn't seem likely as it wasn't blocking the heat or the flashing lights. Having considered all of that, she had decided. She stood up straight and walked confidently through the seemingly dangerous door.

As she opened the door, a blast of heat welcomed her, the red lights getting brighter. Right as it seemed danger was around the corner-

*Pfffffff!*

Confetti rained down from above, the red lights turning off. A final close of Boxide behind said lights, flicking them off.

“...Ha...well done! ...You show spirit, something that does my heart good to see... You understand the principle do you not...? We as ninja are disposable, tools for the state. ...That’s what we sign up for. To do or die. There is no long way.”

*Pffffff!*

the confetti rained down on her, the lights and heat being turned off as soon as she entered the room. Boxide was there waiting for her.

“I could tell...a glint in your eye...that you would do whatever it took to do your village proud...” he spoke. “Then I don’t think I need to teach you the lesson of this test...I think you understand that very well. You will make a fine Chunnin...”

And with that, boxide reverted to a puddle, allowing her access to the door behind him

Sema’s Exam.

“...I don’t care...” Boxide groaned and gurgled. “..Just continue...”

He gave a audibly sigh as he retreated into the pool of fluid whence he came, allowing her access to the next room unhindered. She was greeted by Boxide yet again, in between two doors.

“Due to legal constraints, you may also choose our alternative test, which is much longer thanthe difficult test, but is notably easier...”

“...Go ahead...“

Raiku’s Exam.

“...Now Choose...”

He watched Raiku’s eyes like a hawk, making sure he wasn’t doing anything unheard of. Those eyes in legend did have a lot of peculiar abilities. No one outside the leaf truly had a perfect understand of them. That’s what made them so revered.

*Pffff!*

The confetti rained down on Amari as soon as she opened the door. On the other side Heaters and red lightbulbs were placed all and around, falsifying the appearance of a deadly test. Boxide also stood, switching the heaters and red lights off.

“...You know...This test has a interesting value to it...it teaches us a lesson, one that is important in our lives being ninjas. Don’t worry, this isn’t a test, I’m simply wondering what you think the lesson is...hrrrrrrk.

Furījia

"Sorry, I was never one of the brightest."

The innocence in her voice as she responded was a far cry from the clear sarcasm she'd intended, but continuing with her rude method she began to punt the boxes one by one into the liquid body of the instructor until, finally, the key fell out. Putting on one of her special gloves, Furijia picked up the key and proceeded to the next segment of the test.

Yasu

The Suna-nin scoffed at the apparent danger of the exams. He'd spent the last six months training on the border between Suna and Iwa, a precarious area where skirmishes could break out at the drop of a dime. He didn't believe he couldn't handle whatever dangers were behind that door. Withdrawing his feathers, and priming them for combat, Yasu cautiously but firmly passed through the door of danger.

"I couldn't face her if this was enough to deter me..."

Furijira’s Exam

“...What a rude little girl...”

with a huff, Boxide’s clone reverted to fluid on the ground, residual wooden chunks being left behind by his body. Walking into the next room, the young Hyūga was greeted by Boxide yet again, in between two doors.

“Due to legal constraints, you may also choose our alternative test, which is much longer thanthe difficult test, but is notably easier...”

“...Go ahead...“

*Pffffff!*

Confetti had been released on the other side, several heaters and red lamps on display, feigning the idea of danger. There was an exit door right behind this that lead to the outside. A final Boxide clone was at the end, giving a congested laugh.

“...Ha...good...you have passed... You know why, don’t you...? Your answers to the first exam mean nothing...your second exam? Easy if you were any self respecting ninja. But this one? ...A true ninja never fears the odds or danger ahead. We fight on no matter what’s before us. Well done...you pass...”

he gestured to the door behind him, light being seen on the other side. The final clone made a single laugh before it too vanished like its predecessors.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku felt the pressure from Boxide's intense stare at him and although he couldn't see what he was looking at he assumed it could be nothing else but his eyes. After all he didn't have anything particularly special about him besides the fact he was an Uchiha. As the Leaf ninja realized this he gained a small smile before chuckling softly.

"You seemed worried my Sharingan will let me do something. Wait, considering you thought I cheated with them... do you even know what it is? I wonder if you were from the war Azumi talked about... or you're just scared of my clan. Either way I'll have you know I have no ill intent to ruin the foundation of this Exam using my... special abilities. However since you're so interested in them, I guess I'll give you a gift."

With the end of Raiku speaking he closed his eyes for a moment, and when he opened them again they were red. He looked at the proctor for a moment, before turning his eyes back to normal.

"Haha, I'm not going to do anything to you like I said. Besides you're a jonin right? It'd be sad if you fell under my genjutsu or something, so there's no point to try. Now on to the actual test..."

Raiku looked at the two options in front of him, one supposedly easier and the other menacing with possible fire jutsu and with a 5% chance of success.

I really don't want to lose so I should go take the easier path... but then again last time I failed because I did what would've been good for continuing. Maybe it's a trick. Besides if I am going to becoming a Jonin I can't be afraid of something like this. I have to risk it all for the mission... for my village. After all isn't that the point of being a Shinobi? To be a tool from the shadows... if that's what it takes to protect those I care about then so be it.

Raiku closed his eyes and reopened them once again, but this time instead of activating his Sharingan he had an intense, hardened look on his face. It was determination. He would not be fooled again into taking the obvious path. Instead the Uchiha took out his sword and was ready to use water with it if necessary as he walked in through the door of the more dangerous path.

----------

Sema looked at the options ahead of her and scoffed. It seemed obvious she had made her decision, notably with much less time than Raiku.

"Yeah right, take the easier path? What a joke. If this is supposed to test our skill then the only real people that should pass are those that are good enough to take the harder path. Besides, so what if I die? Even though I'll try my best to make sure I survive, everyone dies eventually, and Shinobi die much more often than others due to the danger of their profession anyways. The point of being a shinobi is to work for your village above all else. Of course, I suppose I should be somewhat cautious..."

In a flash Sema took out a scroll and summoned a short bow to be ready for any potential attacks during the dangerous part of the exams as she walked through the door with the lights.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
Ignoring the literal slimeball's attempt at insulting his intelligence, Taiyo moved on to the next room, curious as to what would await him beyond the door. To his surprise yet again, the FBS master was greeted with another bizarre test: the room was filled with what looked to be at least thirty boxes. Once again his objective was simple: find the key to the door and get out. Of course, there was the caveat that if he chose the wrong box, he would immediately get eliminated, making this task require critical thinking.

"Now I just feel like you're fucking with me..." Taiyo mumbled under his breath, albeit audible enough for Boxide to notice if he truly wanted to. He walked up to the first box and carefully examined it. Shortly after he concluded his examination, he stepped back, performed some hand seals, and burnt a hole in the box large enough to where he could grab the contents. Peeking through the hole, he realized that the box was empty, so he went to the next box and repeated the process. Inevitably, he found the box with the key inside, so he reached through the hole he created and grabbed the key. As he went to open the door with the key, he turned to Boxide with a smug grin on his face.

Miracles do happen, and looks can be deceiving, slimeball.
Tsuki
Just like most of her peers, the Yuki-nin had entered the room where the second exam took place. As soon as she heard what she needed to do and what she couldn't do, her mind started to form ideas on how to solve this problem as efficiently as possible. Eventually, she came up with a solution: her plan started with her yawning, using the hand that she covered her mouth with to slip in one of the chakra pills that Hama had given her. From there, she proceeded to create 30 ice needles and commanded them to pierce through each box to locate the key. Thanks to the ice needles, it didn't take long for her to locate the correct box and open the door to proceed to the next test, all with a grin that seemed to barely hold back her excitement.

This is going way better than I ever anticipated! I wonder if Kai is having as much success as I am...

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Amari wasn't really surprised by the fact that she had made the right choice, but more so that the reward felt almost... patronizing. It felt like the kind of reward you would give a little kid along with a star to signify that they did a good job. This was only emphasized by the proctor's response to her passing. He wanted her to figure out what lesson she learned. It was just a bittersweet ending to her victory. Amari was not one to lose her patience, but she did want to use this chance to Sing the Praises of Nadeshiko tell the proctor what the only true lesson there was to be learned here.

"A ninja should be willing to pick the fastest path in order to get to there goal no matter the danger... that's the answer you're wanting, correct? The ninja villages of the world don't care about the individual ninjas they are raising to become killing machines. They expect shinobi to rush face first into danger in order to complete their objectives. I didn't just rush face-first into danger. I assessed the actual risk of coming through this door, and once I realized there was none, I walked through. This test isn't to find the brightest and most capable shinobi, it's to find the ones that are most willing to throw themselves into danger without a second thought. I think that was proven by you forcing my sister to proceed rapidly, while she was just trying to figure out the danger of entering an unknown corridor. I once admired the great shinobi villages before I actually visited some of them and saw how they operate. I think the only lesson that can be learned is that Shinobi villages care about weapons who do their bidding, and they don't care if they are smart enough to actually survive."

Furījia

Lightning crackled across the girl's body, lancing between hairs and winding down the length of her spear. She didn't see anything wrong with taking the easy door, a bit of time was nothing if it helped complete the mission, but as she thought back to the way the proctor seemed to rush them to complete the exams, Furījia deduced an unspoken timelimit. If she was correct and she really was on the clock then she had no time to spare.

"Lightning Release: Overdrive."

She flew through the doors of danger, leaving a trail of sparks in her wake.

*Pffffff!*

Confetti had been released on the other side,several heaters and red lamps on display, feigning the idea of danger. There was an exit door right behind this that lead to the outside. A final Boxide clone was at the end, Giving her a curious look.

“...You seem to have the core Principles down...there’s nothing more for me to say or teach you...just consider why you do what you do...”

and with that, He vanished into a pool of sludge, allowing her to leave unhindered.

He reflexively recoiled when he saw the eyes of Raiku’s. The figure just staring in silence as he witnessed the demon wheel eye. It had been nearly a decade since he had seen those eyes...last time wasn’t so pleasant for him.

Tracking his movement as he approached the next door, what awaited on the other side was Boxide’s clone, already turning off the heaters and red lights, no confetti raining down.

“...” he stood in silence. “...You aren’t in the leaf anymore...boy...”

There was venom in his voice as he gurgled more fluid out of his mask. Receding into sludge for the final time, he allowed Raiku to exit with that somber tone.

Taiyo’s Exam.

“...I’ll turn a blind eye to that...” Boxide muttered. “If you had anyone else as your instructor...you would have been eliminated right then and there...strange...I feel like I’ve said that before...”

recessing into the ground, he allowed Taiyo to continue to the third and final test ahead...

Walking into the next room, the young Boy was greeted by Boxide yet again, in between two doors.

“...Go ahead...“

Tsuki’s Exam

A pink quiver briefly lined Tsuki’s lips as she ingested her special pills of Hama’s. Her chakra proceeded to increase in yield, allowing her to pierce a small incision and then claim her loot.

“Very well, The next room shall be your last test. Make sure not to tense up...”

Not seeming too annoyed by her methods, the clone reverted to a pool of bubbling ooze, awaiting for her to enter the next room.

Amari’s Room

“...Have you considered...what defines a hero?”

Boxide’s voice bubbles and gurgled like he was gargling acid. Clearing his throat, the raincoat wearing ninja spoke.

“...A Hero...one that helps the people at any cost...one that thinks not of their own life, but the lives of others... What you call stupidity...I see it as a lesson in humility and heroism...the true meaning at least...”

He placed a slightly damp hand on her shoulder, his breathing getting more and more hoarse as his words became strained from all the talking.

“...My Village...Hasn’t had the best history in wars... It only takes a few souls to make a difference in such a bleak time as it was back in the day. Does this make any sense to you...?”

Last edited:
"Well guess it's time to get this started..." Sakura mused as she opted to go through one of the open doors and down the hall as she eagerly waited to see what was in store for her in this exam. She had to roll her eyes at Kenji who seemed to spark a convo with the resident winner of the previous exams and the Hyuga of a foreign land.

God he is shameless...

----------
"Oh I am eager and ready for the challenge! I've survived in the wild my whole life, surviving these exams will be a peace of cake and with Luna & Sky with me it will be a piece of cake!" Aisha said as she flashed a toothy smirk Taji's way before her aforementioned companions nudged her as she understood what they meant with that.

"Oh eager are we? Well then why keep waiting let's see what these Exams are all about. Best of luck Taji let's kick butt!" Aisha said as she wished her friend luck before the Inuzuka of Kumo went with her companions through an open door and down the hall to face her first test.

----------
Zino, who had opted to not be involved with any of the drama from the competitors as he'd rather just focus on what needed to be done and nothing more. Really given how things had gone for the last few months he had made it his goal to just try get through this for a "normal" experience...well as normal as the ninja life allowed.

With a causal pace, he moved to an open door and made his way down the hall to proceed with his run in the exam.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Aku nodded, mostly to himself, as Boxide confirmed his success and reverted to a pile of sludge on the floor. He was relieved he had passed, not that he was afraid he would fail to begin with. The first test had been fairly easy after all.

Gotta keep going, no hesitation. If I don't pass the rest of these exams I won't ever be able to face my past, I need to become strong enough to atone for the things I've done.

He shook himself back to action and proceeded to move forward into the next room, pushing open the door that Boxide had unlocked when he passed. The room itself was similar, and Boxide was still present, but the contents had changed...

“...Ah, you passed the-“

*BAM!*

He didn’t have time to finish his stenebce and Furijia had blitzed through him, his liquid form splattering everywhere. The heaters and red lights starting to dissolve on contact with it... either way, it appeared she had successfully finished.

Sakura’s Exam

“...Welcome...This is the first step of the Exam...”

the clone of Boxide welcomed Sakura, gesturing to a desk with a pencil and paper on it. He huffed, green ooze dripping from his tubes. The book-read ninja was sure however to know exactly what he was referring.

“...I want you to display your intellect. Show me that there is more to you than just power... Write down the formula for Sulfuric Acid... Start now.”

Aisha’s Exam

“...let’s see how ready you are to write...” Boxide’s clone said to her as she walked in. “...I’m sure that you have power... but do you have brains? Write down the formula for Sulfric Acid over there on that paper...begin now...”

The raincoat toting man knew very well by appearance that writing was not this woman’s forte, but that made little difference in his mind.

Aku’s Exam

Aku was welcomed to the sight of thirty boxes in the next room, another clone of the proctor awaiting him to arrive. The boxes were small and brown, with golden edges around them and a tiny keyhole in the center. He gestured to the boxes around him with movements of his head.

“...You see before you...the next door can only be opened through a key. There is one key in this room...however, you cannot open a chest withyour own body in order to make it through. Unless the chest happens to be the correct one of course. You may only open one. If you open the wrong chest yourself...you will instantly be eliminated... You will start now...”

Zino’s Exam

“...Begin...”

Boxide gestured toward the paper, watching to see if she knew the formula like so many of the other candidates had in the past few sittings.

Last edited:

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Amari considered what the proctor had said for a moment. She had been thinking of this exam so far from a point of view of one of the major nations. She failed to consider the fact that they were currently in Amegakure. From what she could tell, they weren't as hell-bent on creating machines as the five nations. In this sense, Boxide's words resonated with Amari. She had her own experiences with just a few people making a difference. But she still couldn't fully agree with the proctor. She removed the hand from her shoulder as she gave her reply.

"I can see where you're coming from. When I was just a child, my father died. I didn't know where to turn to, so I ran. I thought I might die on my own until I was found and taken in by Nadeshiko Virago. At the time, I thought of them as heroes. They saved me, a small girl who had nowhere to turn in the world."

She took a small pause, the memories flooding back to her

"I know now that they weren't being heroes. They saw potential in me and knew I could one day grow into a strong warrior. I don't resent them for it. I'm still thankful they took me in and raised me. They made me who I am today, and they were all good people, but they wouldn't fit your definition of a hero.

There aren't really heroes in this world. The Ninja villages only send in Ninja when they think they can gain from it, there is no selflessness involved. Even if the individuals think they are rushing in to save people at the cost of their own lives, then they still aren't a hero in my eyes, they're just another cog in the wheel. How do you expect to save someone if you rush in end up getting yourself killed?

I will never rush in with reckless abandon, even when someone I love is in danger. If I died trying to save them, then their situation would be no better than if I did nothing at all. I'm sure all of my sisters would say the same. I will fight for my sisters, I will fight for what I believe in, but I don't plan on just being another pawn dying on the battlefield."

"All right! 1 down two more to go!" Tomiko said with a fist pump and a big grin as she had passed the first exam, and there even seemed to be a festive atmosphere to it all. Really it was nice to see that even the stern-faced proctors could have a bit of fun with things. Though while happy she had passed, she was both a bit let down there was no danger...but something about the proctor's words rubbed her the wrong way as she had a little frown.

"Disposable? Look I am all about duty to my people and laying my life to protect them, but referring to ninja as just "disposable" feels like a bit of a cold-hearted...well, not totally accurate view of it." Tomiko said, as she took offense to brave men women and ninja of all types being labeled off in that manner. Regardless, she pressed on and walked over to where she was meant to go next.

Madoka blinked a bit in confusion, was the confetti...really necessary? For a nation that had a stereotype of doom and gloom if their main rep had been anything to go by this seemed a bit too cheerful. Still least she had passed as her hunch of a test of character was accurate and she felt relief that part of her journey had been behind her.

"Appreciate the good news, though uh...this feels a clown away from being a birthday routine." Madoka said with a sarcastic deadpan before she moved forward.

"Uh, seriously?" Sakura asked, blinking as that seemed a bit...simplistic for her tastes. Just one question? And a rather basic chemistry one at that? Sakura felt there had to be more to it than that, she began to inspect the room as she read the paper. Could there be a hidden question unseen on the paper? She made a quick release just to check for any deception, maybe something in the room that she was supposed to...

Just answer the question you idiot!

Sakura sighed, and wrote down the formula without much fan fair once she seemed to determine there was no tricks or hidden aspects to this question.

----------
T-the hell? A question like this...for a ninja exam? Sulfuric what!?

Aisha felt a sweat drop as she scanned the paper, this...this had not been what she expected. Granted for any kind of trial there was a possibility there's be a question as it related to ninja lore and ninja knowledge that Taji had quizzed herself and Kenji on as part of their training. But this...this had been another matter.

AH crabs, what now? I know certain formulas from the studying but...but is that the right one for this?

Still, Aisha had not been prepared to submit to paper, and sat down as she jot down the best answer she had on hand and hoped it was correct.

-----------
"Well aren't you just so into this."

Zino mused as he sat down and glanced at the paper which had but one question, the proctor sounded bored with this but given this seemed like a basic test he imagined he had been bored repeating this to who knows how many that had gone before him. With a shrug he sat down and, after an inspection with his Byakugan for anything more, wrote the answer as the formula was simple enough to recall from previous lectures.

Seems overly simple. My guess is this will come back at another part of this...but who knows.