• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the poll ends up at a stand still tie between the two, we could always just start with the Written Exam and just not emphasize as much on it, and then move on to Shen's idea? That would make the tests an extra stage longer, but its just an idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
That’s what I’m worried about lol. But it’s a worry with every new thing I suppose. Wish there was a way of testing this idea out before it actually gets tested

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
If the poll ends up at a stand still tie between the two, we could always just start with the Written Exam and just not emphasize as much on it, and then move on to Shen's idea? That would make the tests an extra stage longer, but its just an idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We still need to worry about eliminations, more of risk of charctaers getting taken off the roster early, and some people only have one character

Aaaaa that actually reminds me I lowkey wanted to make another character for here, but it would be a bit tricky since I'm feeling swayed to make someone from the Yamanaka Clan...which unfortunately has "god modding" written all over it

Okay, here is my new character. (Edited it in my original post, but I can post here so you dont have to scroll lots of pages back to review it)

Name: Ryo Yamanaka

Jutsu type: Highly skilled in techniques of Ninjutsu and Genjutsu, but falls a bit flat in Taijutsu // Compensates through intricate understanding and wielding of Ninja Tools

Description: Ryo is a slender young man with short, suave, bright blonde hair, as well as teal shaded hazel eyes. His olive skin is smooth, and he has prominent ears that tend to stick out whenever he is flustered.
(Wears his Headband around the front of his neck)

Bio: Ryo is a member of the Yamanaka Clan. He is the only boy, and a middle child; having one older and younger sister. A bit more in touch with his feminine side, he has been raised being more mentally adept than physically, which aids in his practice of his family's preferred style of mental/sensory techniques of Ninjutsu. His older sister is an active Chunin kunoichi, but spends a lot of time away from home due to her work. As Ryo's father died when Ryo and his sisters were young, the goal of the older 2 of the three siblings became to simply follow tradition and become decent ninjas of Konoha - as those were the wishes of their father who had taught them the bloodlines traditions since birth.
(He has waited a bit longer than needed to apply for the Chunin Exams, but now he feels comfortable and confident enough)

Likes: Solving Problems, Organization, Friendly Faces, Flowers
Dislikes: Chaos, Murder, Evil Intentions

Missions Completed: 18 ( A-0 | B-0 | C-8 | D-10 )

Last edited:
I like the air of mystery. ??? New Exam might not be the most original thing I've seen but I definitely want to see what you've come up with. I'm kinda itching to try some subtle hax I've been contemplating so if it's a combat relating exam then I'll be glad to deal with my first victim opponent.

Oh, and If you're going to talk to Sagiso definitely tag me when you do else I might miss it >~>

I’m really conflicted even after I voted. On one hand I want to see something new for the exams but on the other hand, I think I built Kiro up to make it that if he got eliminated early, it would just be a complete disappointment and embarrassing to say the least. Either way, I’m down for whatever wins the poll. If it’s a new exam, you can bet I’ll be actively trying to figure out the best way to have Kiro pass it! :up:

I believe that in the spirit of an rp, you cant pre-determine the outcome of a fight without first evaluating both characters skills and pinning them against one another. I believe minor discussions revolving around the events of how a fight will unfold are okay, as long as its not completely pre-determined.

As for choosing opponents, why not just the random generator idea? We could pull a dragon ball z reference here and have everyone draw from a box that has numbered balls in it. (I like this method because it slowly builds tension as 2 fighters are pegged against each other).

Last edited:
@Godjacob Sorry my replies are so slow, work and school have me backed up a bit lately. I really like the concept of this rp and wanna get more involved with it so ill try and up my involvement.

It's okay man, I can relate. School can be a workload. Though it's better if you post and enjoy yourself rather than force posts and hate the experience.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Since this is an AU, I'm taking some creative liberties and have Taiyo and Sakura in the same class, is that okay?