• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Maybe I'll just go for a kill-shot against Misa and call it a day.
Still an Akatsuki member if I may add

If we'd really fought I probably could've whittled Damos down to nothing on chakra then take him out...
Easier said than done. Damos was securing an objective rather than fighting, hence how he never perused targets, just fought them off

I have little love for Jin right now. Such defeatism is disgusting.
Is it defeatism? Truly? Or something else?

Still an Akatsuki member if I may add

Easier said than done. Damos was securing an objective rather than fighting, hence how he never perused targets, just fought them off

Is it defeatism? Truly? Or something else?
Hoho, I was fully prepared with a move capable of killing off an Akatsuki member.

Shōshitsugetsu was flexing to figure Damos out. From here on out Mei would take over, and Mei has more chakra remaining than Damos does. That's without even mentioning all the other Shinobi in the vicinity, and Jin if he wasn't too busy treating Damos like his Daddy.

No, it is indeed defeatism. To surrender without even confronting the opponent because of an event who knows how many years prior is nothing if not defeatism.

Shōshitsugetsu was flexing to figure Damos out. From here on out Mei would take over, and Mei has more chakra remaining than Damos does. That's without even mentioning all the other Shinobi in the vicinity, and Jin if he wasn't too busy treating Damos like his Daddy.
Shoshit however is pretty much out of the fight. And Mei alone? Against Damos? Hopefully you have a have a better plan cooking than just that, or your in for a rude awakening.

Shoshit however is pretty much out of the fight. And Mei alone? Against Damos? Hopefully you have a have a better plan cooking than just that, or your in for a rude awakening.
I only need her to run interference at this point, providing slight help where needed.

and you severely underestimate Mei. I honestly put her far beyond the likes of Shōshitsugetsu, Jin, & Hinagiku, in terms of what I can do with her.

It would've been;

Mei, Jin, Fūshin (Typhoon Release), Karyu (Lava Release-Rubber), and I had regular Mist shinobi in the background ready to perform cooperations Ninjutsu like barriers and seals.

I only need her to run interference at this point, providing slight help where needed.

and you severely underestimate Mei. I honestly put her far beyond the likes of Shōshitsugetsu, Jin, & Hinagiku, in terms of what I can do with her.

It would've been;

Mei, Jin, Fūshin (Typhoon Release), Karyu (Lava Release-Rubber), and I had regular Mist shinobi in the background ready to perform cooperations Ninjutsu like barriers and seals.

Well it is good she gets more respect. Given her template's biggest claim to fame was "almost killed an already half-dead MS Sasuke." But I'd rather avoid Kage murder this early in the plot XD

Also apologies. Meant to have a post done by now but had an APP assignment due. I am just awesome....

It would've been;

Jin is already a beast in what I’m capable of doing with him. But Damos is for a fact superior to him in every way. Amongst other things

Just remember, if you come after Damos again, you be confirming you are risking to let your characters die

Sorry.

Jiraiya did the same thing and he & Itachi claimed he could have done it. Whether Itachi was BS or not is unclear but it wasn't like he was presented as a fool for his attempt.

Though yeah, there should be a massive difference between him and Mei.

There is a pretty massive difference. Hence how he technically one handed mei’s Attack away and even pressed the offensive against her with it. And that’s him not actually going into attack mode. He’s just securing an objective.

That huge lightning attack with no chakra? Yeah....no

And explain your problem to me so we can discuss it.

High high level shit like this should be harder to do or have a bigger cost. This was a major trump card on Sasuke's behalf that required significant set up and is basically a one shot kill to anyone who didn't happen to have Susanoo on hand and left him totally drained. Saying Mei can replicate this effect easily with low chakra cost on her end is a worrying example of cheesing concepts in this plot to make more OP techniques in response to these escalating battles.

High high level shit like this should be harder to do or have a bigger cost. This was a major trump card on Sasuke's behalf that required significant set up and is basically a one shot kill to anyone who didn't happen to have Susanoo on hand and left him totally drained. Saying Mei can replicate this effect easily with low chakra cost on her end is a worrying example of cheesing concepts in this plot to make more OP techniques in response to these escalating battles.

A very accurate assessment here.

High high level shit like this should be harder to do or have a bigger cost.
Are you implying that Mei as a Kage is inferior to pre-MS Sasuke when it comes to the ability to control jutsu?

I hope that's not the case and thus I can only assume you're making this comment because you don't see how it comes together. I'll explain that soon.
This was a major trump card on Sasuke's behalf that required significant set up and is basically a one shot kill to anyone who didn't happen to have Susanoo on hand and left him totally drained.
Naturally, though I'm greatly annoyed you seemed to believe, with such conviction, that I'd pull a Jutsu like Kirin out of my ass and not explain at all how it came to be.

Kirin does require significant setup you need storm conditions caused by fire-release. I had Oil-flames burning around the village for a while, I had Shōshitsugetsu specifically use a jutsu that summons rain clouds. I had a lave release user (Not Mei) on standby as well as a Typhoon release user to fan the flames.

I had all the Mist around the area evaporated by the flames, and large-scale Water jutsu were evaporated into Steam. I was just biding my time. All that water had to recondense at some point, and they would become clouds.

And that's only what I managed to scrape together thus far. Mei's fight was just beginning and she's more than capable of generating the heat needed to strike up a thunderstorm.

Saying Mei can replicate this effect easily with low chakra cost on her end is a worrying example of cheesing concepts in this plot to make more OP techniques in response to these escalating battles.
Kirin is by nature a jutsu with low chakra cost because of it's prep-time and usage of Natural Lightning.

There are no 'cheesing concepts'.

Are you implying that Mei as a Kage is inferior to pre-MS Sasuke when it comes to the ability to control jutsu?

Well, not AU Mei. Canon Mei is another can of worms.

Kirin is by nature a jutsu with low chakra cost because of it's prep-time and usage of Natural Lightning.

Sasuke was drained after he used Kirin so despite the "mechanics" behind it there is a high level chakra cost.

Well, not AU Mei. Canon Mei is another can of worms.

Sasuke was drained after he used Kirin so despite the "mechanics" behind it there is a high level chakra cost.
Sasuke was drained before he used Kirin :T

We have literally gone over in discussion the chakra reduction caused by Lightning and its explained that he merely 'guided' the lightning towards Itachi.