• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Idk, even now during this 'civil' dispute, half the Mist village is 'Pro Xeno'. And the mist is only a part of it. Many witnesses from every corner of the shinobi world were there to witness what the Yuki has to offer, that point still stands. This'll likely cause many many internal conflicts when the Mist, specifically the Yuki, attempt to interact with anyone outside the mist.
Not that the interactions with them would've been sunshine and rainbows either way.

And it just hit me that Kai was out of the exams, lol.
Well he would've been out! XD
Half is a very high estimate. Probably with regards to the commoners, but not among though with political influence. The Mist's backstory is woven in such a way that the Yuki are actually highly respected because they'd led the charge in exterminating an evil clan called the Hu. The Hu were in-laws to the Yuki either way so I mean bleh.

Anyways, they're respected so although Mei would have public approval on her side, she can't use that to suppress them. Among the politicians, they're all spineless cowards who know nothing but short-sighted blubbering. Mei had quite literally been cursed to death in an assembly and all that really happened was the politicians tried their hardest not to crap themselves infront of Jin. Hence why I summarily had most of them fired.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Half is a very high estimate. Probably with regards to the commoners, but not among though with political influence. The Mist's backstory is woven in such a way that the Yuki are actually highly respected because they'd led the charge in exterminating an evil clan called the Hu. The Hu were in-laws to the Yuki either way so I mean bleh.

Anyways, they're respected so although Mei would have public approval on her side, she can't use that to suppress them. Among the politicians, they're all spineless cowards who know nothing but short-sighted blubbering. Mei had quite literally been cursed to death in an assembly and all that really happened was the politicians tried their hardest not to crap themselves infront of Jin. Hence why I summarily had most of them fired.
Firing many high ranking officials will do wonder for mei’s Popularity I’m sure

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Kai wasn't a part of the Exams at that point. He'd lost to Sagisō in the previous match.

As a matter of fact, it wouldn't matter at all. Decent people in the Mist are...kinda rare. Considering their AU Noble Clans consist of Shark-face Mass murderers the Hoshigaki, Eternal Cold Shoulder Xenophobic Yuki, Psychotic bloodline of the damned -Yagura's Karatachi Clan, and the politically neutral but sadistic water blobs the Hōzuki Clan, basically, everyone in the Mist is incapable or unwilling to view Kai's behavior as flawed. Perhaps utterly asinine on the part of the Hōzuki, but the rest are probably all for the senseless slaughter. They're bloody mist supporters after all.

With that said Most of the Mist's positions of power are filled with like-minded individuals who appear to sympathize with the cult of Xenotry extermination...for some reason. I've managed to pull a stalemate on the political field by setting a witchhunt on the village's diplomats, but since Mei has no Clan, and all the Mist's clans aren't exactly the most diplomatic. I'm rather stuck building power before I can actually make any moves. The Clans are insubordinate, they just haven't openly declared themselves insurrectionists.
Just join Taiyo’s clan

While she’d certainly accomplished much within the span of a few months, Mei wasn’t done yet. Having used her influence to accumulate wealth in a conniving, but completely legal, manner, Mei proceeded to put her wealth to work. Her first task was actually the bribery of many of the village’s officials and diplomats. Over the duration of a week or two, she’d have a disguised Koki’o approach many of Kirigakure’s diplomats and officials while offering large sums of money to them in exchange for ‘favors’. Some accepted, and some also declined, but the results of the bribery were in fact unimportant. After sending bribes to both diplomats in her own faction as well as those opposed to her, Mei was now ready to take action. Personally leading the effort, over the next week, she seized and arrested any officials which had accepted the bribes, freezing their assets and stripping them of their positions for their crimes.

It was a swift clean up that had taken the village by storm, a swift purging of the fickle diplomats in her own faction as well as the removal of diplomats opposed to her, all while carrying out undeniable justice. Not only had she been able to regain the wealth she’d used to bribe them, but their assets had also been seized by the government, or more bluntly put, by herself and put to better use.

There ya go @Shen: Ghost Gym Leader
If you want to borrow Anko for this arc then be my guest. I have no complaints.
Alrighty then, I suppose we're free to have team C depart for the battlefield. @Rohan Kishibe You're fine with using Shiho this arc?

Departing for where?
The battlefield :v

I'd proposed that to fit Lako in we'd either add a third Konoha team or say he was with one of the other teams the whole time.
If you're going to join we could add you to one of the teams, or form a third team... and I'd say it should be led by Anko Mitarashi.

Team C (Anko Mitarashi)
Lako
Rākusupā Hyūga
Shiho Hyūga
Zino Hyūga

This team would be absorbed into one of the other teams though since it wouldn't be very high on combat power.

I’m not against Raku and Shiho going but both just doesn’t seem realistic. If the Leaf is sending backup, they could easily send out a few chunin, even jonin instead of children. They could be a liability considering they’re going against the other major villages and potentially after a jinchuriki.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
I’m not against Raku and Shiho going but both just doesn’t seem realistic. If the Leaf is sending backup, they could easily send out a few chunin, even jonin instead of children. They could be a liability considering they’re going against the other major villages and potentially after a jinchuriki.
You would be surprised. The sound four got this treatment with team Gaara