• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Need Help Completing My Fakédex! What Should I Call a Grass-type Peacock Pokémon...?

Hello! I am working on a fan-fiction and am composing a list of Pokémon for my new region. One of my starters is a grass-type peacock and I'm having trouble naming the final evolution. I currently have:
Chickapea-->Peafoul-->???

Some ideas I had were Beautifowl and Argocock, as I was considering Pyschic or Fairy for secondary typing. What are some names you would use?

Edit: Another suggestion I had was Peercock.

Also:

- One of my legendaries is modeled after a Kraken. I considered Krakelak, but my brother thinks it's hard to say. What are some Kraken or Water Legendary names that you can think of?

- If there are other animals you wish to see as Pokémon, post them here. If I don’t have them, I may add more.

Thank you!

Last edited:

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Okay, one question, where'd that second idea come from exactly?

As for the exact answer... hard to say without an idea of what it looks like, honestly. You got any details beyond "green peacock"?

Okay, one question, where'd that second idea come from exactly?

As for the exact answer... hard to say without an idea of what it looks like, honestly. You got any details beyond "green peacock"?
Thanks for the response. I probably should have specified a few things.

Assuming you're referring to the "Argocock" name in your first question, that came from a myth in ancient Greece. It was believed that the "eyes" of a peacock's tail originally belonged to a giant called Argos. When he died, the goddess Hera created the peacock to honor him. That's the heavily sanitized version of the myth, but I thought incorporating the name of the giant might be clever. As you could probably tell, the result was more of a mouthful than anything.

As for your second question, I don't have a drawing or any visual aid for the Pokémon at present, but I can post a description:

"The Peacock Pokémon"

1st evolution: A green and purple chick Pokémon with long orange feet. Chickapea's design is relatively simple compared to its later evolutions. It has one feather on top of its head that resembles a sage leaf and a long, thin, green tail that splits off at the end. Some say it resembles a maple seed.

2nd evolution: A bird with grey and brown plumage, a blue neck, and purple green-tipped feathers on the top of its head that come down over its eyes. Peafoul has sometimes been referred to as "the Emo Pokémon" due to its moody teenager-like phase. Like its final evolution, it has a long neck and long black legs. However, it lacks the exquisite brightly colored fan-shaped tail.

3rd evolution: This Pokémon has long been associated with pride and beauty. Its indigo head, neck, and body and white patches around its eyes are nothing compared to the enormous tail that spreads out like a Japanese fan. The tail itself is green and it is covered with purple, blue, and orange markings that many say depict symbols of the Illuminati. The feathers on top of this Pokémon's head are dialed back into familiar peacock-like tuffs. When its tail fan is open, this Pokémon is said to give off a distinctive rainbow-colored aura. It is nicknamed "The Vainglory Pokémon."

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
I see... figured it had something to do with Greek myth, but I kept thinking of the ship so I got confused...~

Ah, that description's really good~
Hm... I can't think of much else right now, though...

That's okay. I appreciate you for asking questions. It helped me flesh out the design a bit more. Maybe something like Peercock makes sense? Because of all of the eyes on its tail.

I wish I was better at designing legendaries. At first, I thought of making my region without Legendary Pokémon, but I thought readers would find that disappointing.

Thanks for your help @~Rinko~!

I think I'm going to go with Peercock for my final evolution Peacock Pokémon. I have also determined the names of my two main legendaries, and a possible third. Keep your eyes peeled for the reveal, if you're still interested by then.