• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New English Trailer Introduces New Pokémon

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
A new English trailer for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon has been released today and brought with it the English reveal of the seven new Pokémon featured in yesterday's news.

Along with the new trailer, the official site has also updated and revealed information regarding Nekkoala and Iwanko who were revealed in the June edition of CoroCoro. The trailer can be seen below followed up by more in-depth information on the new Pokémon!

Before we get into the info given in the trailer let's talk about Nekkoala and Iwanko.

Rockruff_jpg_jpgcopy.jpg
Puppy Pokémon Iwanko is known as Rockruff in English and is a pure [type=rock][/type] type. It can have either the Keen Eye or Vital Spirit ability. The official website's write-up about Rockruff mentions that the Pokémon does evolve but whatever it evolves into has not yet been revealed!

Komala_jpg_jpgcopy.jpg
Next up we have Nekkoala who is known as Komala in English and is a [type=normal][/type] Pokémon with the new ability Comatose. This ability means that Komala cannot get any status conditions due to the fact the Pokémon is always in a drowsing state.

Tapu_Koko_RGB_300dpi.png
Diving into the trailer now, first up we have Tapu Koko. Tapu Koko is apparently a special Pokémon who acts as the guardian deity of Melemele Island in the Alola region. It's a [type=electric][/type]/[type=fairy][/type] and has the new ability Electric Surge. This new ability raises the power of Electric type moves for Pokémon on the ground and prevents them from falling asleep. Tapu Koko also has a new move known as Nature's Madness which reduces the Pokémon it hits HP by half.

Charjabug_RGB_300dpi.png
Next up we have Charjabug who is a [type=bug][/type]/[type=electric][/type] type and has been confirmed to evolve from Grubbin. Charjabug has the new ability Battery which allows it to raise the power of its allies' special moves.

Vikavolt_RGB_300dpi.png
While Charjabug evolves from Grubbin, we also have Vikavolt who evolves from Charjabug. Vikavolt is a [type=electric][/type]/[type=bug][/type] type who has the Levitate ability.

Drampa_RGB_300dpi.png
Next up we have Drampa, who is a [type=normal][/type]/[type=dragon][/type] type Pokémon with the ability Berserk or Sap Sipper. Berserk is a new ability and allows the Pokémon to increase its Sp. Atk by 1 when its HP drops blow half.

Bruxish_RGB_300dpi.png
Now we have our new fish Pokémon in the form of Bruxish, who is a [type=water][/type]/[type=psychic][/type] type and has the ability Dazzling or Strong Jaw. Dazzling is a brand new ability that prevents the opponent from using a priority move that would normally strike first.

Cutiefly_RGB_300dpi.png
Next up we have Cutiefly, who is a [type=bug][/type]/[type=fairy][/type] type with the ability Honey Gather or Shield Dust.

Togedemaru_RGB_300dpi.png
Last but by no means least we have Togedemaru, who is a [type=electric][/type]/[type=steel][/type] type and has the ability Iron Barbs or Lightning Rod.

That's all for now but with CoroCoro due in a couple of weeks, we'll no doubt have a lot more information on Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon then!

Last edited by a moderator:
There's loads if interesting lore on the pokemon website. Seriously, read it. It shows cool stuff like how bruxish can... give people migranes. O...K.

I kind lost my hope on some of those Pokemon with those looks but hey I'm just judging to early But I'm still excite with sun and moon and that female trainer that look like she went to glove world with spongebob and Patrick :D

GUYS!
I have a theory! A crazy one...
But I think it has ground.
So, we all know that in your second battle with Hau, he has a Pichu, right?...
But we only saw him have one when the player chose POPPLIO.
And what is electric, Pichu's type, good against?
Water.
Now, what I'm saying is what if Hau, in your second fight, has a Pokemon that is good against your starter?
'But what Pokemon?', you may ask.
Heeheehee.
Well, in those new gameplay pictures, what Pokemon do we see the player, presumably Elio(The male), battling?
Pichu, Zubat, Psyduck.
Now, what does all this mean?
Pysduck beats Litten.
Zubat beats Rowlet.
Pichu beats Popplio.
Oh, and look!
Who has a Pichu that we've only seen used when the player has chosen Popplio?
HAU!
So, my theory is that...
If you choose Litten, Hau will have a Psyduck in your 2nd battle. If you choose Rowlet, he'll have Zubat. And if you choose Popplio, he has a Pichu.
This does seem like it may be likely, or it could just be hinting at Mega Golduck, Raichu and Colbat.
So, what do you think?
I think it's very possible, and it would make Hau a more challenging rival with his superstrong Raichu, Golduck and Crobat....
Or he could just have a Pichu no matter what...
Which would be kind of...
Cool, I guess. Trevor was the last guy to use it...
And he is not a rival, so maybe this guy will put it to good use.

I'm disappointed that Vikivolt loses battery for levitate........

I like how these ones look and since there are multiple island I can't wait to see Tapu koko's buddies!
I'm hoping the strongest and last will be Fairy Dragon.
Then the others are Poison/Fairy, Fire/Fairy and Water/Fairy.

VERY interesting Pokemon around here. I'm enjoying the variety of types here. I know for sure i'm picking Rockruff in my first playthrough. Also Cutiefly looks straight out adorable.

Also, I don't want to be rude or anything but "HP drops blow half." Just thought I'd point this out. We're all human after all.

Attachments

• 2TXAqwr.png
    2TXAqwr.png
    81.1 KB · Views: 37
GUYS!
I have a theory! A crazy one...
But I think it has ground.
So, we all know that in your second battle with Hau, he has a Pichu, right?...
But we only saw him have one when the player chose POPPLIO.
And what is electric, Pichu's type, good against?
Water.
Now, what I'm saying is what if Hau, in your second fight, has a Pokemon that is good against your starter?
'But what Pokemon?', you may ask.
Heeheehee.
Well, in those new gameplay pictures, what Pokemon do we see the player, presumably Elio(The male), battling?
Pichu, Zubat, Psyduck.
Now, what does all this mean?
Pysduck beats Litten.
Zubat beats Rowlet.
Pichu beats Popplio.
Oh, and look!
Who has a Pichu that we've only seen used when the player has chosen Popplio?
HAU!
So, my theory is that...
If you choose Litten, Hau will have a Psyduck in your 2nd battle. If you choose Rowlet, he'll have Zubat. And if you choose Popplio, he has a Pichu.
This does seem like it may be likely, or it could just be hinting at Mega Golduck, Raichu and Colbat.
So, what do you think?
I think it's very possible, and it would make Hau a more challenging rival with his superstrong Raichu, Golduck and Crobat....
Or he could just have a Pichu no matter what...
Which would be kind of...
Cool, I guess. Trevor was the last guy to use it...
And he is not a rival, so maybe this guy will put it to good use.

ok so I get that but I have a theory that another poketuber has done
fearow, milotic, dragonite, pangoro, krookodile, flygon and some more have appeared to show off the new pokemon. I have a feeling that they will get a mega. THANK YOU IF YOU DO GET US A MEGA MILOTIC AND FLYGON!!! anyway emolga was shown as well with the same as eevee. eevee isn't because it is a pre evolution and emolga because it is showing that togedemaru is a Pikachu clone like emolga.

ok so I get that but I have a theory that another poketuber has done
fearow, milotic, dragonite, pangoro, krookodile, flygon and some more have appeared to show off the new pokemon. I have a feeling that they will get a mega. THANK YOU IF YOU DO GET US A MEGA MILOTIC AND FLYGON!!! anyway emolga was shown as well with the same as eevee. eevee isn't because it is a pre evolution and emolga because it is showing that togedemaru is a Pikachu clone like emolga.
Oh yeah, I love Michael's videos. My personal favourites are Pokemon Talk, Red vs Ash Rap Battle, Top 5 least favourite Pokemon and the commandments of Pokemon.

So far I have rowlet, cutiefly, vikavolt, komala on my team. I hate drampa's look, its just really stupid, I would have blended the color some more.
That's your opinion.
I personally think Drampa is the best and cutest one there...
Charjabug and Vikivolt come in close second.
Meanwhile, Rowlet is so beautiful that not even Mudkip can come close to his glory.

Wonder if Drampa is the psuedo legendary for this gen...
And even if not, hope he gets a cute wittle pre evolution.
how knows:? the only think we gona do is wainting until the games is realease and im freakying hope is a psuedo becase im love:love: him fuck the haters hater gonna fucking hate>=O
ps sorry for swearing im kinda get a little over hype about this:'|