• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Pokémon Magiana Revealed

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Ca21ESrUEAE69bb.jpg

A Japanese trailer has been going around in the last few hours that at one point shows the front cover for this month's edition of CoroCoro. The cover detailed that a brand new Pokémon, known a Magiana, would be revealed within this month's copy of the magazine.

Classified as the "Man-made" Pokémon, Magiana is said to have been created by human hands over 500 years before the present time and has a metallic body. No information about its type was revealed (though there are rumors it may be at least part Electric, and its appearance suggests steel type). It is stated to appear in the upcoming movie - pursued by Volcanion which, apparently "knows its secret". What that means is anybody's guess at this point.

Magiana will more than likely be the first of a seventh generation of Pokémon, although it's likely to be a Zorua situation wherein the Pokémon is revealed and part of the next generation but the games don't officially move to a new region etc. for a bit yet. This is especially likely in that all signs point to the next Pokémon game being a third game set in the Kalos region like Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
This thing seriously looks like it belongs in the Sonic franchise somewhere. (Inb4 Professor Robotnik).

To say I dislike the thing would be an understatement. But it's nice to see some pokemon news that isn't some silly side-game nonsense.

Rex

Resident Furry
1996-1999, 1999-2002, 2002-2006, 2006-2010, 2010-2013, 2013-2016/2017.
It would certainly be the usual time they'd start unveiling the Seventh Generation, based on how long these things have lasted in the past. Likely this year will be Z, and next year will be the next paired games, but who knows for sure. I'm more stunned at how quickly the time has gone by.

Definitely thought this was an alternate form of Diancie at first. Kinda cute though.

I'm hoping this is a nod to gen 7, but I'm seriously getting sick of these (I assume) legendaries that they keep releasing. Zygarde forms, Diancie/Mega Diancie, Hoopa/Unbound, now this? I couldn't care less about legendaries at this point, they seem to be fodder for fuelling movies if anything. I don't personally use or care about legendaries, and it just seems like they're REALLY stacking them up this gen.

I will remain hopeful this is alluding to gen 7. Unfortunately I'm pretty skeptical at this point, especially with the release of Kalos legendaries which points to pokemon Z. Definitely can't see them putting out pokemon Z soon and also teasing for gen 7.. If they're putting out Z this/next year, we won't be seeing gen 7 until well after that.

All this HYPE about Magiana's type etc. and I'm just over here in the corner wondering what the "knows its secret" phrase is referring to...

"It is stated to appear in the upcoming movie - pursued by Volcanion which, apparently "knows its secret". What that means is anybody's guess at this point."

Due to the wording of this line, I'm also not 100% sure whether this means Volcanion is pursuing Magiana because Magiana knows Volcanion's secret or Volcanion is pursuing Magiana because Volcanion knows Magiana's secret...

Wow! When I read the title I was all like, "ooh! I wonder what little fuzzy, cute, battlefield wrecking creature Nintendo thought up now?"

And as this Pokemon does entitle a bit of the cute section and it probable can wreck fields, it's not what I would define as a fuzzy Pokemon or one I would use on my team.

Before you get mad at me for not even seeing what this Pokmeon can do before I make up my mind, I make my teams purely based on looks and types. If we're still doing that, I have a steel type that looks better than this one on my team already.

Beyond that. I wonder what it's backstory will be! It also looks like maybe some parts of its dress can move around, so maybe we'll have another Pokemon like Meloetta?

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
This is a bit unusual. I can't recall in recent memory any Pokemon for a new Generation being revealed before the current one was complete. I'm certain Magiana will not be in Z so that can only mean it's the first Gen VII Pokemon to be revealed. Either way, I'm intrigued.

Beyond that. I wonder what it's backstory will be! It also looks like maybe some parts of its dress can move around, so maybe we'll have another Pokemon like Meloetta?

Where it's apparently called the "man-made Pokemon", I'm beginning to think the backstory will sort of be like a Mewtwo for a new generation of players, only mechanically focused rather than biological, and relatively ancient. Man creates a powerful Pokemon in the image of a rare mythical one.

I'm also joining the bandwagon of people who assumed this was a Diancie form. Anyway I find this thing to be really ugly, there's just something kinda off about it, but I'm still pleased to see it because damn it I want more Pokemon.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Dat Pokeball Body. It also has a gear face. Should be a comic relief character in a season of Power Rangers, really.

I'm also just happy we have some real main series news. It's been a pretty lengthy dry spell.

Steel/Fairy Pokemon that has to do with the Pokeball factory perhaps? most plausible thing I've thought up so far.

not fond of the look it has on the magazine but fan art that's popping up is making me like it quite a bit more.

Medabots anyone?

NocturnalNetwork

Formerly LatiasMusic
Magiana looks weird as heck. It's like Diance and a Klinkklang fell on toxic waste and they got out of it fused. Its face is cute, but that Pokeball body ruins it for me.

I bet it's a new legendary.

I hope its a 7th gen Pokemon, and I hope it's not a legendary since there has been a lot of legendaries and legendary forms lately. Does anyone think that maybe the main reason for the amount of legendaries is cause the Kalos region had the least amount of new Pokemon introduced, so they're trying to make up for that? Anyway, it looks really interesting, so I can't wait to get more info about it!

Rex

Resident Furry
This is a bit unusual. I can't recall in recent memory any Pokemon for a new Generation being revealed before the current one was complete. I'm certain Magiana will not be in Z so that can only mean it's the first Gen VII Pokemon to be revealed. Either way, I'm intrigued.
Ho-Oh appeared in the very first episode of the anime, broadcasting April, 1997. Pokemon Red and Blue didn't see worldwide release until September, 1998. Yellow was released in Japan that same month, with the rest of the world getting it starting October, 1999.
Kecleon first appeared in the anime as well, The Kecleon Caper, which broadcast July 2001, the month Crystal was released in the US. You could argue that since Gen II was already technically finished in Japan, Kecleon doesn't count.
Munchlax, the first Gen IV Pokemon, was revealed to the public May, 2004. FireRed and LeafGreen were released the same year, Japan in January, and worldwide starting September. September 2004 was also when Emerald was released in Japan, worldwide starting May, 2005.
Zorua and Zoroark were revealed February, 2010, in the middle of HeartGold and SoulSilver's release. Japan had gotten the games September of 2009 (and Korea got them the same month as the Gen V reveal), but the rest of the world didn't get the games until March. Again, you could argue that Gen IV was finished in Japan prior to the unveiling.
Gen VI is actually the odd one out here, likely due to Gen V's unique release schedule and game listing. The first Gen VI Pokemon were revealed January, 2013, two months after the last release of Black 2 and White 2, in Korea, November, 2012.
There is a precedent for unveiling the new Generation either before or during the close of the old one. Arguably, only Kalos breaks that trend. Moreover, Nintendo also has a tendency to release new movies featuring new Pokemon in the build up to next Gen release:
M02 (2000) was released July 1999, Gold and Silver were released November, 1999.
M05 (Latios & Latias) was released July, 2002, Ruby and Sapphire were released November, 2002.
M07 (Destiny Deoxys), M08 (Lucario and the Mystery of Mew), and M09 (Ranger and the Temple of the Sea) were released July in 2004, 2005, and 2006, respectively. Diamond and Pearl were released September, 2006.
M13 (Zoroark: Master of Illusions) was released July, 2010, Black and White were released September, 2010.
Kalos, again, breaks the trend. M16 (Genesect and the Legend Awakened) did not feature any Gen VI Pokemon. However, it did feature Mega Mewtwo Y, and was released July 2013, while X and Y were released October, 2013.
M19 will see release in July of this year. I am of the opinion that we'll see M20 next year, and that the Seventh Generation will release that Autumn.

... Apologies for how long and obsessive that turned out to be. I didn't think it'd be half this length in my head.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Kalos, again, breaks the trend. M16 (Genesect and the Legend Awakened) did not feature any Gen VI Pokemon. However, it did feature Mega Mewtwo Y, and was released July 2013, while X and Y were released October, 2013.
To my mind, that doesn't break the trend at all – it may not be a new Pokémon, but a new Mega appearing before it's available in the games certainly counts.

Also: Togepi in the Kanto arc of the anime. 'Nuff said.

Last edited:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
For what it's worth, by the way, this Pokémon was confirmed today to be a Mythical Pokémon, like Dancie, Arceus, Mew, et al. So definitely not related to any other Pokémon that yet exists.

So, a man made Mythical Pokemon, ring any bells? ( Mewtwo )
It was made over 500 years ago, maybe at the same time that Aegislash were protecting kings? I have a feeling that we might get a little story about what happened during those times. and apparently it knows Volcanion's secret. I sense a Rivalry going on. Also could it have a mega evolution?

It/she looks like a huge fusion of Klink, Lopunny, Genesect, and a Pokeball XD. Very interesting though-- my theory is that this was originally Diancie but they changed it, and now they've decided to use it.
EDIT: NO WAIT... CLEMONT'S ANCESTORS BUILT IT!! XD

Last edited: