• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open New Region: Shownoda

(in this roleplay you are a 10 year old kid who found him or her self in a new region to be a trainer)You can have a duel type Pokemon or just a regular one.You are entering a building that keeps you in it until all the chosen kids ( 5 different people who join this thread) are here you all go to find all the Pokemon you need

Kasai walked in the building,looking over at the professor.Professor Shinu looked over to Kasai."Your here early!" He said in an exited tone.Kasai walked over to the Pokemon selection."Wow there are so many Pokemon!" (you are able to chooses one of all 720 Pokemon).Kasai walked over to the fire types and picked up the pokeball that said Ninetales.She took it and showed t to the professor so he can register her and her pokedex.

Josh walks into the building, looks at the professor and Kasai. "Hey guys." Josh walks to the electric types and gets a pokeball labeled "Pikachu". He takes to to the professor to register his pokemon and pokedex.
316998_trainercard-Josh.png

Last edited:
"Josh is my name. Yours?" He took pikachu out of its ball and put it on his shoulder.
(Pikachu was my first ever pokemon since yellow. I have always had one on my team if I can get one, so we'd have a huge bond)

"Im Kasai,nice to meet you!" Kasai said letting her Ninetales hop on to her shoulders.

(Ninetales is my favorite pokemon,so ya.I own one in pokemon X and its pretty good :3)

Robby walked into the building, somewhat timid and nervous. He scanned all the tables, all the different types of Pokémon. His hometown companion, Plusle, peaked from his backpack. "Sparky no!" He silently hissed and closed the bag over his head. He walked over to the fire types, picking up the poke ball that held a Blaziken. He got the mon register and looked over at the other two kids who were conversing.

Robby jumped, half startled. "Oh uh. Hey" he replied shyly, clutching his new pokeball in his hand. His backpack shifted around, causing Robb to quickly clutch it with his other hand trying to hold it still. "I'm Robby" he said, still standing afar.

As the other children greeted each other a new boy, John Barlowe, walked into the room. Though his mouth was covered by a scarf, it could hardly hide the smile ripping through his chubby cheeks. Like most of the other trainers, he rushed straight towards the gorgeous spread of fire types and grabbed the pokeball labeled Larvesta. Soon after, he noticed that Robby selected Blaziken as his starter. He greeted the trainer by complementing his choice “Blaziken’s a really cool pokemon, you got great taste… oh and my name is John, nice to meet you.”

Last edited:
(Hey! I'm going to throw myself into this RP.)

Skylar managed to stumble as he walked into the building. He glanced his eyes around it, taking note of the people inside. Remembering what he was here for, Skylar diverted his gaze towards the tables of poke balls.
"There's so many..." he murmured. Not to himself, but to a furry pink blob that was sitting on his head. That blob was a Skitty. Skylar has been together with the Skitty for as long as he could remember. The Pokemon loved to sit on his head like a Swablu and act as a hat. At first, it was annoying, but the young boy now got used to it. Not wanting to embarrass himself, Skylar picked up the skitty and put it on the ground.
"I though I told you to stay at home!" he laughed quietly to it.

Noticing all the other trainers talking, he strode over to the Water Type Pokemon section. From there, he picked up a Poke ball that was for Greninja. He tossed it into the air and it landed neatly into the palm of his hand, making sure not to press the button that let the Pokemon out of the Pokeball.
'Now... what next.' Skylar thought. He walked over to the professor to get himself registered and to receive a Pokedex. Whilst he was walking, and the Skitty - whose name is Cookie - was intertwining herself around his legs, he had a silent debate with himself on whether he would talk to the other people, no, young trainers in the room. Being a very shy boy, Skylar decided against it.

318016_trainercard-Skylar_Ciryl.png

Last edited:
As John registered his pokedex and pokemon, he continued to speak with Robby, oblivious to his awkward demeanor. "“....I’ve kinda had pokemon before, but they were really my Parents'.”" He then looked down at the pokeball clasped in his jittery hands and broke the chains of his suppressed smile. Before he blurted out an other sentence he overheard Josh say "Hello. So professor, there are 5 kids now." John then gave a final word to Robby. “"Training It's gonna be great.”" He walked forward, now standing with Josh, Skylar and Kasai, and quivered under the crushing anticipation of the professor.

318282_trainercard-John_Barlowe.png

Last edited:
"Uh. Yeah. It will be, I hope." He replied, half smiling half nervous. Robby has never really been around others his own age much of his life, not really giving him great social skills. He clutched his new hall tightly, ready to begin with his new mon that's, possibly, too strong for his age but he didn't care.

Sparky pushed away the opening of the bag again, Robby unaware. As Robby walked over to join the rest of the kids, he set his bag down not thinking much of his hometown friend unsure whether he was a loud to be with him or not. Seeing an advantage to run around the unfamiliar area, Sparky hopped out of the bag and went exploringa around the room.

"Pikachu was my hometown friend, he got injured horribly and I sent him to the proffesor to take care of him." Josh said, standing with the bunch of kids.

( OOC: Josh could you possibly make your posts a bit longer..? It's hard to reply well to a post only 1-4 sentences long. :/ )

BIC: Hearing the professors words to begin to explore the new region and what it has to offer, Robby placed his ball along his belt loop and picked up his bag, noticing a big weight change. He opened it quickly noting it was empty. "Sparky?!" He yelled out, hoping his little friend wasn't far.

A small yelp was heard from across the room, "Plus!" Exclaimed the energetic Plusle as it dashed back to his owner, and onto his shoulder, seeing he hated the bag. "Don't scare me like that again, please." Sighed Robby as he patted the small mons head and headed for the door ready to begin the exploration of the new region unaware of what lies before him.

Kasai put her Ninetales back in its pokeball and said Well,I hope to meet one of you here someday!"
Kasai got her bag from a bench and ran off towards the new region

( OOC: Kasai could you possibly try and do longer replies as well..? No offense to both of you. It just makes it hard to keep it alive.)

Josh put Pikachu on his head. He looked at the bunch, seeing who the 3 other kids who were chosen. He looked at his bag, making sure he had supplies he needed.He looked at his surroundings in the tower.

About to dash off, he looked at the other 3 and said "See ya later!" He grabbed his bag and dashed off.
( OOC: I'm not a long typer , but I'l try too. Josh also has blue hair.)

"Uh. Well. I mean.." Robby began as he got his bag situated and adjusted Sparky's position, " We all got Pokémon didn't we?" He chuckled. "Pretty sure we didn't get them just to collect and whatnot." He began rolling up the sleeves on his flannel, as he looked around at the beauty of the trees and other arts of nature. Wild Pokémon scampered through the grasses along the trail but none at the moment caught his interest. He already had two and that was challenging enough for him at the time.

John walked through the green grass. His clothes seemed expensive, though they were wrinkled and baggy, as if he simply threw them on without a second thought. Though an observant eye would notice a clear understanding of paterns and color theory. “So you’re a pokemon trainer?” He asked Robby. After the trainer responded John said “I knew that” and chuckled a little. “but I’m new to this stuff, and you already got a plusle. If you'd be cool with showing me some tips I'd totaly buy you dinner"

(ooc, josh had a different post where he asked if we were pokemon trainers, but he changed it and I didn't want this response to go to waste. It's noncannon though)

For Josh's Older post NONCANON

“Kinda, but I’m gonna use my Larvesta for pokemon contests instead of gym battles. Just like...” the boy sighed, and his radiant smile morphed into the same look one would expect of a worried mother or disapointed father. “I should watch my mouth more” he thought. “Eh It’s not really Important, ‘though if any of you guys showed me ‘round town or gave me some training tips I”d totaly pay for dinner.”

Last edited:
(FanTrainer

Name: Drake Arthur Ezekiel

Height: 5’9

Weight: 180

Face: Slim, very angular.

Eyes: A light chestnut with darker spots

Hair: A deep chestnut, a medium length covering his eyes.

Personality: Very intelligent, awkward, shy and gets flustered easily. Very close with his Pokémon sometimes just talks to them.

Apparel: A generic black tee shirt with a silver logo in the middle. Long and baggy jeans with faded knees. He either wears sneakers or flip-flops.

POKEMON: His favorite is female Chikorita named Saffron. Another of his favorites is a female Leafeon named Emerald. Another is a Yamask named Majora. The fourth is a female Ninetails named Lilith. The fifth is a beautiful female Milotic named Lustrum. The sixth and final Pokémon is a Siviper named Corsair.)

"Well um." Robby began as he patted Sparky. "I've battled some with Sparky back at home with the local kids and their mons. I guess you could say I've had some experience before coming here but I wouldn't say a lot to call me an official trainer." He emphasized the last word mimicking air quotes with his fingers. "I could see what I can teach you though if you're up for it." He smiled.

John released Larvesta from her pokeball, Though her face was dark and obscured one could clearly see how her eyes scanned the young trainers and the way she puffed up her body and sighed before standing by John. “Larvesta.” she said.

“I’ve watched tons of cool contests with Larvestas in ‘em, so I know a bit 'though I've never actually one. Any Tips would be cool.” Larvestas eyes widend when John mentioned contests.

“Larvesta Lar” She said with significantly more interest.

Edited for clarity and style

Last edited:
"I don't know much about contests." Robby mentioned, as he walked a small distance past John and turned around to face him. "But seeing you use the Pokémons moves in contests," he began as Sparky leaped from his shoulders and in front of him,on all fours, "we can see how 'contest ready' your Larvesta's moves are. By seeing what it has." He hinted at.

“Alright!” He said. John took a moment to think of his idol “His larvesta always knew String Shot…. So mine should have it too.” He struck an honestly embarrassing pose as before commanding his new pokemon to attack.

“Larvesta! Pin ‘em down with a string shot.” Her eyes locked straight onto the plusle as she swiftly blasted a notably thick and brilliant strand of silk at the pokemon. John was brimming with joy, while he knew It wasn’t quite contest ready the natural talent of this thing was amazing yet different from the one he’d been watching for years.

(Ooc, if the string shot hits it would be particularly easy to break out of. I randomly rolled for the string shots attributes and they happened to be pretty good over all)

"Okay Sparky!" He exclaimed, "Use discharge to break that string shot!" The small Plusle closed his eyes tightly and unleashed energy, his body surrounded by electrical energy. The bug pokemon's string dissolved as it made contact with the electricity. "Good job pal! Go for a quick attack!" Sparky's eyes opened, locking onto the Larvesta, and kicked off towards his opponent, dirt kicking up behind him at the great sudden speed.

The Plusle smashed into the larvesta before she had a chance to escape, but the electric type was unfortunately signed by the larvestas red flaming horns. “Shake it off and use leech life!” the larvesta rolled back into a fighting stance and shook its head at John “vesta” she explained.

Sparky leaped back, shaking off the pain from the burn. "Stand your ground buddy! You're doing good." Sparky stood his ground, electricity sparking from his cheeks and his back hairs raised, waiting for his opponent to make a move.

Johns face exploded into a nervous smile as he took a step back. “Ok, ok it’s no big deal” the boy thought to himself. “Larvestas got it’s cool, we can win this.” John then commanded Larvesta to use ember. She sucked in her belly and flaming horns then Spat out a series of Dull red flames only a moment later.

Robby's eyes widened, "Try and kick up some dirt to stop those flames!" Sparky turned his back towards the incoming attack, and began kicking up his hind legs. However, the small Plusle couldn't kick up enough and the surviving embers knocked him back with a yelp.

Robby grinded his teeth and gave a new order, "Go for a thunder wave!" Sparky shook off the ash from the ember and planted his feet firmly on the ground. Sparks began pulsing from his cheeks that then sent a thin bolt of electrical energy towards Larvesta.

The Larvesta barely leaped away as the bolt of lightning streaked past her ruffled mane. John was overcome with a rush of energy, he stabbed his finger through the air and said “Great job, hit ‘em with ember again.” and the Larvesta prepared herself for another strike.

Josh still went through the forest, walking around and looking. He heard a rustle in the grass and looked where the sound was coming from. A pokemon popped out
Helioptile: Helio!
"A Helioptile!" Josh exclaimed, loving electric types. "Pikachu, quick attack!"
Pikachu: Pika pika chu! Pikachu rammed into helioptile, then stopped.
"It has static..? Ok, Pikachu, thunder wave!" Helioptile was faster and tackled pikachu, but pikachu still got the thunder wave. "Ok, go pokeball!" He threw the pokeball as the helioptile went into the ball. It shook some, then dinged. Josh picked up the pokeball and put it in his bag, walking off.

"Quickly Sparky! Straight on with a thunderbolt and don't let up!" Sparky began growling lightly and suddenly, it let out a battle like cry as its body was engulfed in electricity and a bright blue and yellow thunderbolt shot from the energy and struck the ground near Larvesta, before the bolt began rushing towards the Pokémon across the dirt.

(Ooc It might take a few hours before my next post but I have a message from Kasaidafurry)
Ok so,to be honest I didint plan out theregion,so you can describe it in any way you wloud like.And Im NOT a dungeon master so yah.The nearby towns that have contests Are Susita town,where you can enter pokemon beauty contests and just battle withfriends.And places where you can catchpokemon are: Hodown (town) and Juitsitu(town))