• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Nintendo High (ACT 1)

https://pokecharms.com/threads/nintendo-high.27879/ (The Discussion Thread)
-​
-​
It was the first day at Nintendo High for Mario and Luigi. "Now with that outta the way..." Mario said blankly, "Here goes nothin'." Luigi sighed. "You're not serious...?" he noted. Almost exactly on cue, another young boy appeared wearing red clothes. "Hi there," he said, "You new here?" Luigi sighed again. "It's our first day here," he chuckled, "Why'd you ask?" The boy in red (not Mario) chuckled. "Well, you might need a tour guide," he said, "Also, I'm Shulk!" Mario sighed. "I've got proof we don't," he said as he showed Shulk a map of Nintendo High. Shulk laughed. "Oh, well!" he said. Suddenly, another young boy appeared, this time wearing light blue. "Yo, Shulk!" he yelled, "Kirby's back!" Shulk turned around. "You mean...?" he said. Suddenly, a strange-looking pink puffball appeared in front of Mario. Mario looked down. "Are you... Kirby by any chance...?" he said. The pink puffball nodded. Shulk turned around in shock. Then he sighed in relief. "Yep," he said, "Kirby's there!"

A while later

"So..." Luigi said talking to the boy wearing light blue, "Who even are you anyway?" The boy in light blue sighed. "The name's Link," he said with a slight chuckle, "And are you... Luigi, by any chance?" Luigi was shocked. "How'd you know?!" he said. Link laughed, then pointed at the name on Luigi's shirt (reading out "LUIGI"). Luigi stared in shock. "I thought it was more subtle...!" he said, "Also, I'm phasmophobic." Link stared in shock. "You serious...?!" he said. Exactly on cue, the lights shut off. "Luigi, do not flip out!" Mario yelled. "Oh boy...!" Shulk shivered. "Oh..." Link sighed. "Someone get me a flashlight!!!!" Luigi screamed. Luigi grabbed Mario's flashlight and turned it on. It was at this moment he saw even more people; a gorilla, a guy with a backwards cap and a guy who looked like a falcon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meanwhile...
Hammer Brother had flipped the last switch on the downstairs power box off before he left the electrical room as unassuming as can be. "And with that, I'm back in the pranking groove baby! That green kid's reaction was hilarious!" He thought as he walked up some stairs and rounded the corner, distancing himself from the power box, silently snickering to himself. The prank had been completely harmless and it would only mess with a lot of people, and it was the perfect kind of prank to do on the first day of school.

He walked down the hallway, seeing a young brown-haired human girl next to a giant yellow mech with oddly spring-like arms, talking to a giant red bird wearing a weird Aztec hat in a giant golden pot that his tiny limbs were sticking out of. He was moving discreetly, but inside he was nervous and partially jumpy, especially because he might have been seen. "Hey, turtle soup, ya dropped this." a slick voice behind him spoke suddenly. Hammer Brother proceeded to whip around, looking panicked. "What the hell! You almost scared the crud out of me!" He said as he regained composure, breathing in and out in a ragged way. In front of him was a blonde-haired human-like girl with purple eyes and a blue scarf that glowed with blue electricity. She was holding his Golden Hammer in her hand like a cute doll while she floated. "By the way, the name's Phosphora. Sorry for spooking you, but this fell out of your cool backpack." She said as she handed him the hammer. He grabbed it and placed it in his backpack. "Woah, she thinks my backpack is cool? Ugh, get it together." He thought to himself.

"Anyways, my name is Hammer Bro. As you can clearly see, I like hammers. You could say I'm a collector..." He said as he put down his backpack and grabbed a hammer, but before he could show it, Phosphora rubbed his head, sending a weak electric shock through his body. "Aww, the little turtle has a hobby?" "Hey, it's not a bad thing to have a hobby, no matter how dumb." Hammer Bro thought, but he wouldn't say anything. "Anyways, I need to find Mistress Viridi, and I could introduce you to her, but I don't think you are cool enough." Phosphora said before she started floating away from Hammer Brother, sparks trailing from her scarf. "Where is this Viridi person? I think I'm cool enough to meet her..." He said in a slightly distraught tone as he followed Phosphora around a corner, away from the other two students chatting in the hallway.

@'Candle', @Moxxie the ultimate imp, @gutens, @DripNinja, (when ready).

Last edited:
Back at the front of the school, Shulk used the Monado's light to find the way to all 7 power boxes. "We need to find all 7 power boxes!" Shulk announced, "And we're gonna need help!" Shulk saw a single hand go up. "Who's we?" the gorilla asked. Shulk smiled. "All of us," he announced, "We're helping each other!"

-A while later-

"Well, that was a nightmare," Luigi sighed, "But at least the lights are back on!" The lights were back on. "No more lights-out for about a month," Shulk laughed, "'Cause I somehow managed to lock every switch." Mario stared at Shulk in surprise. "Okay...?" Mario said with a laugh.

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
Tails began to hover as he flew to the library in a more quickening speed. Sega High was kind of big kind of small and believe it or not it was the rival of Nintendo High. “Want to get those Nintendo Jerks?” He heard Knuckles say to Shadow, and he quickly spun around to face them, now on his feet. “What!” The loud whisper that escaped his mouth made the two heads turn at him. Shadow snarled, grinning as Kunckles shared the same look before turning back to Tails. “Get him!” The red looking monster said, holding up his spiked knuckles and uppercutting the poor Tail. “Yeah!” Tails heard Shadow say as he soon went unconscious within the second.

Wolf pulled down the rolled up sleeves. It was quite obvious that he loved to look good as at that moment he was leaning against his locker. “So, I have an eyepatch. What does that to it to ‘ya?” He told himself, giving a hint of a flirt to any girl that seemed to pass. “Guess better go beat up nerds.” He walked around, soon finding that this school was quite large, and it was kind of hard to locate. “Hey, what were you doing in the power room?” Wolf snarled at the comers with a smile plastered onto his grey and white muzzle, and a glint of happiness within his one useable eye.

Hammer Brother and Phosphora moved around the hallways as they talked about their lives. "So you live in some abandoned temple in the clouds? What are you, some old-timey god that people forgot to worship?" He joked as Phosphora winced slightly. He had no idea how right he was, and she needed to divert herself away from that question. "Hey, Hammer Bro, what's the time?" She said hoping that the topic would change. "It's 7:15, meaning that class starts in 45 minutes." He said as Phosphora sighed with relief. "Ok, so Mistress Viridi said she'd be on the rooftop..." She said as Hammer Bro looked at her in disbelief. "That shouldn't be possible." Hammer Brother thought, but he wanted to know more and needed to play it safe. "When my older brothers and I toured this school, Master Hand told us that the roof was off-limits, so how is this Viridi person up there?" Hammer Bro asked Phosphora as they walked up more stairs. "You'll see, little turtle. My mistress is incredibly powerful." She said as they arrived at the rooftop. The door had been broken off by a couple of vines that wrapped around it. "Well, you willing to go forth or whatever?" Phosphora said as she gestured to the door. "Alright, show me." Hammer Bro said as Phosphora opened the door.

It was a beautiful place, with flora in pots scattered around on shelves. There were students everywhere, like a plant-like creature with a blue and green body and plant beaks instead of leaves. It walked up to Phosphora and Hammer Bro and placed itself in front of them. "HEY, PHOSPHORA! I SEE YOU BROUGHT A NEW FRIEND! WHAT'S HIS NAME!?" The plant creature said screechingly, causing Hammer Brother's ears to ring. "Why do my ears hurt!?" Hammer Brother mentioned as he clutched his ears in pain, crouching on the floor. "That's just Cacaw. It's very loud, but the ringing will stop." Phosphora said as she rubbed his head, sending more sparks into his body. " That's Hammer Brother, some turtle with hammers. Where's Mistress Viridi, Cawcaw?" Phosphora said as she scanned the place. "SHE'S JUST TALKING TO CRAGLANCHE!!" Cawcaw squeaked as it pointed with his beak to a young girl, who was talking to a large creature made up of gray rock. Hammer Brother didn't know the two but sensed an overwhelming amount of intimidating energy emanating from them. He didn't know what he was getting into. "Hello, mistress. I found someone who may interest you." Phosphora said as she grabbed Hammer Brother's wrist and dragged him in front of the young girl and the large rock creature. "Phosphora, I'm talking. Anyways, who'd you find?" The young girl spoke up, striking fear into Hammer Bro as he stood up, readying himself for his response. "I'm Hammer Bro, and I like hammers." He said calmly while shivering like an icicle. "I think I messed up." He thought to himself.

@'Candle', @Moxxie the ultimate imp, @gutens, @DripNinja, (when ready).

Last edited:
"OK, and..." Shulk said as he fiddled around with some locks (the ones that you unlock). Suddenly, the lights went off again. "OK, who did that?" he yelled. Suddenly, Kirby came running from the power room. "That's sus," Mario said as everyone stared in shock. Luigi screamed as he remembered there could be ghosts, grabbed his flashlight and turned it on, then sighed. "That was a nightmare..." he said. Link became concerned as he realized Kirby had an intensely rare tendency to copy other people. "Why...?" he said quietly to the degree no-one heard him.

@'Candle', @Moxxie the ultimate imp, @Abra Kadabra Alakazam!, @DripNinja, @Baymaxman13, @silverwind2020.

First day on the job, and the lights are already off? Don't make this too easy for me.

Sho chuckled as he stepped into the now pitch-black hallways of Nintendo High. He observed his new surroundings, getting acquainted with the general topography and layout of the area. With plans like his, it'd be essential info. Up ahead he could see what looked like the shine of a flashlight, and some voices. Though his initial instinct was to head in that direction and make himself known, he decided against it.

After all, they'd all know his name soon enough.

"Time to change my coordinates and run some numbers. Perhaps the roof..." He muttered to himself, before vanishing up the stairs toward the rooftop.

When he eventually arrived, he noticed the vines wrapped around the door, forcing it open. He chuckled, carefully budging the door open. He was greeted to a scene that looked like something out of a book - students congregating and greenery everywhere. Towards the other end of the rooftop, he noticed a large rocky creature talking to a much shorter girl with long, flowing blonde hair. Three other strange looking students were approaching the pair.

"So a couple zeptograms were on the same trajectory as me? No matter. I'll have em' all factored later. For now, I need to check my figures and calculate the distortion, plus adjust for the t variable..." He began grumbling to himself, pulling his hood down.

He walked past the students to a corner of the rooftop where he had a clear view of the sky.

And from there, his calculations began.

Shulk began to become more and more suspicious of his classmates. Lights going out twice a day? Luigi wouldn't be able to handle it. New student transferred from Square Enix High? Unsure of whether to trust him or not. Suddenly, Master Hand made an announcement. "Everyone in the hall immediately!" the hand boomed.

2 hours later

"That took long enough," Mario stated, "Seeing as that the Square Enix guy came on the same day as us." Master Hand's announcement was quite long, but somewhat entertaining. It ended with the phrase "The power room will be inaccessible from the door for now on." After an extra 3 hours of school, everyone realized that Nintendo High was the biggest boarding school in the world. "This is a boarding school?!" Luigi yelled excitedly. Link sighed. "The most famous one too," the Hylian stated. Mario chuckled. "I wouldn't get too comfortable," he said, "'Cause there's always that one student who tries to make your life miserable." Kirby ran past Mario in a panic. Shulk stared. "Probably that Meta Knight person again," he said. Suddenly, a lizard-looking giant (not that big) ran past Mario and scaring the absolute crap out of him. "KIRBY!!!!" he roared. Shulk stared in shock. "It had to be Bowser, didn't it?" he said in shock.

@|Bread|, @Moxxie the ultimate imp, @Abra Kadabra Alakazam!, @DripNinja, @Baymaxman13, @silverwind2020, @RhythmThief.

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
“Bumm bumm…” Toad hummed gently, walking around, backpack slung comfortably on his shoulders. He reached to adjust the yellow bow tie from tilting to the left side of his chest. Wham! The bang that seem to come from him slamming into the blue metal lockers made him give a light screech of terror. Toad looked up at the snarling.. wolf? Oh.. it’s Wolf! He thought, trying to squirm himself free from the hold of the grey paw that held onto his shirt. “Homework.” Wolf demanded knowing that the mushroom like Toad would’ve passed the homework that was given to them. “Homework!” Wolf barked, maneuvering the victim to his left paw and pointing his muzzle at the locker signaling that Toad might be stuck into it. “O-O-K!” Toad said, “just let me down to get it!” He added, being released forcefully and landing upon the hallway floor. He unzipped his backpack, handing Wolf the light blue colored folder titled ‘Homework’ neatly on the top with permanent marker. “Thanks loser.” Wolf took the recent assigned homework and threw the blue folder down at Toad like a shurikan. “Ouch!” He cried out softly as the right top corner cut across his forehead.
[_] 13 Minutes Later [_]
After having placed two x-shaped white bandaids on his forehead he sighed realizing he had missed class. “Hmm?” Toad murmured as Master Hand finished the announcements. “That’s interesting.” After careful steps down the hall he saw that a lizard like being was chasing a pink round ball. “Hey! Stop it! STOP IT!” He spoke up yelling towards what looked like Bowser.

Everyone stared in shock of Toad's yell. Even Mario. Suddenly, the bell rang and an announcement was made on the PA. "Everyone to the cafeteria," the announcer spoke, "Any questions should not be asked." Bowser grinned as he stopped and stared at Toad. "Won't be so lucky next time," he snarled menacingly. Shulk gulped. "Wouldn't want to be Toad right now," he said, "If he does anything else to piss off Bowser, you don't want to know what happens!" Mario stared at Shulk. "I've seen worse than Bowser," he laughed.

A few minutes later, in the cafeteria...

"Damn, that Bowser," Luigi shivered, "He's gonna give me nightmares." Mario stared. "Just forget about him," he said, "He's not that scary." Link laughed. "He's not scary?!" he said, "Wow, you're cocky!" Mario stared blankly at Link. "You think I'm cocky?" he said with a laugh. Kirby burped. Everyone stopped doing anything they were doing and completely stopped moving. "That went to a wierd place," Shulk said.

@|Bread|, @Moxxie the ultimate imp, @Abra Kadabra Alakazam!, @DripNinja, @Baymaxman13, @silverwind2020, @RhythmThief.

Meanwhile...
It had been several hours since the incident on the rooftop, and Hammer Brother was simply sitting down at the lunch table, enjoying the natural atmosphere of the cafeteria. He had experienced a lot at that time and needed to take a chill pill. "This is my school, and I'm the boss of it! Ain't that right guys!" Bowser said cockily, receiving a couple of cheers from the crowd, especially from Mouser, a large mouse with sunglasses and a weird accent. Hammer Brother snuck a look back, watching Phosphora, and the young girl he knew was Viridi. They were currently eating their lunches along with a lanky kid with violet skin and pointed white hair, pointy shoes, and a cool monocle. He had quite the morning, and his mind slowly drifted off......

Several hours ago...
"Oh, one of Bowser's lackeys?" Viridi scoffed, with some small snickers rising from the crowd. "Hey, I'm not like the others. Besides, I'm cooler than them." Hammer Brother said, trying to be neutral and not make a grave mistake. "Well Koopa, I might as well introduce myself. I am Viridi, leader of the Forces of Nature." She said, putting on a confident air for the countless students there. "Huh, so she's heard of both Koopas and Bowser." Hammer Brother contemplated this fact. "What did Bowser and the rest of the gang do to piss you off? I didn't know they had beef with nature." He spoke with an absolutely clueless tone, gaining glances from some of the others. "Well, I think Bowser's little gang of followers is plaguing the school, especially with the bullying and pranks." She said as Phosphora floated in from the side. "Yeah, Bowser is kind of a pompous jerk, but don't say I told you." Phosphora said as she snapped her fingers, small blue sparks jumping out. "Well look, I'm only here because Phosphora told me you and your followers were cool. I am not here with any ill intent, but I am only here to prove my coolness." Hammer Bro stated, with complete confidence and in a reassuring tone. "Ok, that's pretty dumb." He thought immediately after as Viridi pulled Phosphora closer and glared at her.

"What were you thinking? I don't just give free invites, you know." She whispered with a bit of anger in her voice. "Aw c'mon, he's kinda fun. Besides he seems different, like he’s not much of a jerk. I’ve analyzed him and he only seems to care about being cool, so why not have him prove himself with a challenge? Besides, he could be a good spy.” Phosphora whispered back with a cheeky grin plastered on her face. Viridi turned back to Hammer Brother, who was starting to shake in fear. “Well, I’ve considered it, and decided that you can join, but only if you complete a challenge.” The large rock creature suddenly moved, handing a brown pot to the Koopa, who had stumbled back in shock. “Inside that pot, is the seed of the Silent Princess, an endangered flower native to Hyrule. If you grow it to maturity, I might consider letting you in.” Viridi said, sneering. Before anyone could say anything, a voice boomed from below the students. "Everyone in the hall immediately!" the voice boomed. “That must have been the principal. Oh crud, did he find out about the lights?” He thought anxiously, as students began to leave. “Well good luck, Hammer Bro, if you’re not too cool for it.” Viridi scoffed as she walked off. Hammer Bro scurried after the crowd, spotting a black figure murmuring something about zeptograms, whatever that was, before heading downstairs.

2 Hours Later…
Turns out some classes were skipped because the principal Master Hand, who Hammer Brother was very familiar with, had an announcement. It was a nice speech, especially with the gratification of knowing that he had caused the power room to be inaccessible. The best part was that he wasn't caught. Having your prank gain the attention of the principal was a great honor to a jokester like him. “But I still wonder, how did this Viridi person manage to hang out on the rooftop with that many people?” He pondered, while holding the brown clay pot in his lap. “Also, I totally need to look up how to grow this thing.”

Back to the Present….
The 3 hours after that blended together, as he wasn’t that good at focusing, especially on his History Of Hyrule class. As he snapped back to reality, he glanced at the other tables. He saw a table with some blond kid with a cool alien-looking sword, two brothers with red and green clothing, and a cute pink sphere which honestly confused him. He also saw Toad, some kid that Bowser was complaining about earlier, and also might have seen a wolf in an eyepatch and a cool jacket at one of the back tables. “Are you okay Hammer? You’ve never been zhat dazed before.” Mouser asked him, seemingly noticing his slightly vacant expression and the pot which was next to his mostly-eaten lunch. “And what’s with zat pot?” Hammer Bro didn’t really know how to tell him. “It was an assignment from Biology 101. I’m trying to get better grades this year, so I figured I’d start ahead.” He quickly fibbed, and he finished his lunch. He had some downtime before his next class and he decided to head to the library and research Silent Princess. It must have needed more than water, soil, and sunlight if it was such a special plant, and he really needed to get going. “I’ve gotta check on something real quick, see ya later.” Hammer Bro quipped, as he finished his lunch and scampered off with the brown flowerpot towards the library. “Zat’s weird, he never just ran off like zhis.” Mouser said in a confused tone.

@|Bread| @Baymaxman13 @silverwind2020 @RhythmThief @D34N.U5R @Prof.Ninja @Demonic Bunny

Last edited: