• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Not yet titled, but what the heck.

[size=8pt]ooc| Now that I've gotten my act together and started to balance school, sport, friends, and leisure stuff, I've decided that I should probably start posting the stuff that I'm writing as a PMD-style fanfic. It.. Doesn't have a title. Any suggestions would br great c: I'll update it when I can, or when I have enough for an update, so in between it would be great to get some comments and/or critiques via PM, just to keep the board neat. Even if it's just a quick 'GTFOnao', uh..
Well, maybe not, but just hearing the public's opinion would be good and it'd help me to make it better.
It might be a little wordy, a little lengthy in places it shouldn't be lengthy, but hopefully you'll enjoy reading it as much as I do writing it :3
So, withough further ado..

As far as the middle of nowhere went, Rusty had never expected such an abundance of rolling dunes and looming fissures. Her idea had lacked the crumbling cliffs and jagged peaks in favor of lashing sandstorms and scalding silver sand. Much to the surprise of her and her steed, they were moving under the reproachful glare of a white-hot sun and without a cloud in sight. The clear skies were not something for the pair to be grateful of- any dapple of shade that could have, would have, should have been there was a gift, and not one they'd be having on this day. The conditions had gotten so bad that she'd lost her composure altogether and was slumped in her seat, resembling something kin to a sack of weighty vegetables- a fact that her mount was only too happy to relay back to her.

"Surely you realize that even if you sat up just a teeny weeny bit more, it would be much more forgiving on my poor spine. Surely.. Yes?"
"Oh, come off it you old fool," a quick grunt, and she gave a half-hearted thump on his shoulders before returning to her deadweight position. "Carrying me around is hardly a chore, and we both know it."

For the most part, her words were more or less muffled. She'd seated herself in such a way that the left side of her face was effectively smooshed against the neck of the gelding, who gave an angsty snort in response.
"Your however-much amount of weight in such a stance can easily feel closer to thirty pounds of fatty. That, plus your pack which is like a second you, plus the sun, plus the heat.." Peering innocently over his shoulder at the indignant pikachu on his back, he fashioned a puppy-eyed look at her that earned him a throaghty groan lasting for as long as her lung capacity would allow.

"Dramatic old nag."

Beaming in spite of her words, he broke into a brisk trot as she shifted about on his back, flaunting the apparent relief begotten from the adjustment.
"Oh, you. I'm not going to dignify that comment with a retort, as we both know I'm hardly more than a year or so your elder."

She might have gone on to comment on his 'aching back' being a sign of old age, which would have dragged the entire debate back to the beginning and fired up the entire argument again, just for the comfort of having some form of background noise on their travels. Maybe. The only thing that had brought the vicious circle to a halt was the sight of two figures off in the distance.

Rusty was the first to notice. Her steed, concerned by her silence, peered up from the ground to try and spot what had left his chatty companion speechless. Once he too had lain eyes on the strangers, he followed suit and stopped abruptly.

Now, it was rare enough to have run into other life forms in the middle of this ravaged wasteland, despite the belief that many ground-types were bound to dwell in the depths. But two in the same place, and judging by the bright violets, or whatever color it was they were trying to discern, had shredded any faith Rusty had in the phrase 'against the odds'. And now that both sets of travellers had frozen, the silence had turned awkward.
Recognizing this, the pikachu quickly pulled her mouth closed and patted at the ponyta's neck.
"Don't stare, it's rude."

Without snapping a retort back at her, he obliged and altered his course to close the gap between them and the still-vague figures in the distance, what little of them that could be made out obscure by the rippling haze sitting nonchalauntly on top of the dry landscape.
".... Can you believe this?"

Whether or not he did or did not was never confirmed, and the scene seemed timeless as the forms on the horizon grew ever-closer. As one could imagine, once the pair had actually come within earshot of the strangers it was a matter of just how to greet them.
'Hey, how's it going?' - Clearly not an option given the circumstances.
'What's a nice couple like you doing out here?'
'O hay.'
Oh, yes.. No.

Thinking through the different options ate up the time it took to reach the strangers. Unfortunately for them, it caught them unprepared and left all four of them relatively..
Speechless.

ooc| Had to cut it short- 'tis time for bed P: 'Nighty night.