• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Opinions on "My Pokemon Ranch"

What are your ideas on this "Game"?
I realise it isn't designed to be more than storage for your extra pokeys.
But after buying this (To clean up my boxes i might add, Not much else) i felt that this had the potential to be alot more. For example a (Much) simpler version of games like Viva Pinata.

So..Thoughts?

The whole point to Pokemon Ranch was to relieve your handheld game of pokemon taking up space. This is no different than an upgrade of the Ruby & Sapphire Box GC game. Hell this is even better than that game. If you can fill Pokemon Ranch up with 999 Pokes you get a Mew. Now what's wrong with that? I think that's a pretty good bonus.

I thought it sounded like a stupid idea for the same reasons I didn't like the idea of Pokemon Box for a gamecube (I figured if the memory card got corrupted, I'd lose all my Pokemon. I guess the Wii is more trustworthy, but still.) I would have to only use it for spare Pokemon that I wouldn't be heartbroken to lose. I guess the trading feature could come in handy, though. But is it really true that you can get the Mew if you fill up the Ranch? If so, I guess I may have to consider getting it if I ever have a problem with space in my boxs (which I'm not right now).

I don't yet own Pokemon Ranch, but it's probably going to end up being the first thing I buy for my future Wii for the simple fact that (because of breeding) I've nearly run out of space on the in-game's PC. I find releasing spare Pokemon annoying and inconvenient (not to mention I've released the wrong Pokemon before) so having a place to dump them is really nice.

So far, the only thing I find annoying about ranch is the fact that only the Save file that put the Pokemon there initially can take them out. I.e. if you put Pokemon in, then restart your game, you can't retrieve them. For that reason I would never put my competitive battling Pokemon, or any other valuable Pokemon in there. So I do agree that it could be much more. But, alas, all I see it as is more box space, even if seeing your Pokemon make a totem pole and ram each other, among other things, is nifty.

And yes, the thing about the Mew is true.