• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Outcasts 2 discussion

This is going to be a reboot of a roleplays named Outcasts by AspenRR33. A plot hasn't been decided yet so this thread will be for talking about and deciding the plot then the rp discussion after it's been started.

Update: plot has been decided!
Plot: trapped in a prison where powers have been nullified. People find powers forced upon them the placed here or stripped from their homes for simply being born with their abilities. Tests and an idea for a super soldier program leading to not the best living conditions. Though there are others. Some who are coming to sprin a break and rescue their fellow outcasts.

(@Mr Fishykarp , @koopa000 , @Jagson )
Anyone else I should invite here?

BIOS:
Name:
Appearance:
Power:
Strengths(Talents and stuff like that):
Weaknesses:
Personality:

Last edited:
Well AspenTR33 and The Protato are currently gone. Maybe Tsu when he get's back, Black cat, and those other guys who showed up after the hundred page mark.

Unfortanently this is a reboot. they don't know each other yet.

Maybe instead of a forest they're put into an institute of some kind.

I understand that. What I was saying is that they are all targeted by a gang, and have to form the Outcasts to deal with this gang. Some could have left the other gang, or were attacked because they never joined, or for some other reason. Set the settting in the big city, and create a more urban environment to work with.

I was thinking about maybe having it set in a urban area and the "outcasts" are being hunted by the government so they have to stay out of the limelight.

Well it could be a mixture of both. If two mutant gangs were at wat, then the government would naturally try to step in, to stop it, and arrest all of them

There would always be a form of action, and both internal and external conflict.

We could also do one solely based around, the Outcasts, on the run from the law, traveling the country. That's also an option.

I actually really liked the institution idea to start with. Like power damping machines are in use or some of the guards are actual outcasts or sumthin like that.

This seems interesting, I've wanted to join the original but there were already to many pages to join, but if there was a character that could control reality we have ourselves a way for the universe to literally be rebooted. But a story for it, It'll take time for a story to be concrete and decided upon.

I like the idea of a prison/institute break. What if we were given the powers by the government against our will, then used them to escape?

Although it would be a good level of depth to have the characters turned into outcasts against their will but, would escaping be the ultimate goal, would it begin with them escaping, or would it begin with them after the escape. I do enjoy the idea of the government giving them the powers against their will. One more point would need to be explored if that was the case though, why, why would the government give them powers.

Is there a specific character sheet you had in mind, Storm? Also, the government would give them the powers as a sort of...super-soldier program.

What if we had the people who wanted to keep their characters maybe tweak and nerf their powers, while the others who want to make new characters do just that.

Okay people for the plot let's all come up with an idea than we vote on which one sounds good. The one with the most votes is the plot we do.

This looks interesting.... got any room for me to join?

And if I could put my own opinion in the government institution break out sounds pretty sick.

How about natural powered people are flown to an institution before they get there their plane has a malfunction and they crash in a mountain. They have to learn how to survive the elements and each other.

*Clears throat*

We open in a white-walled cafeteria with cat walks and stations littered with guards. This place is MIMC, or "Mimic'. MIMC is a government institution where orphaned or homeless teenagers are brought after being kidnapped off the streets of America's cities (mainly NYC). MIMC experiments on children and pretty much gives them powers. All around MIMC the OCs can feel tremors, though they start in the cafeteria. Suddenly, an explosion ripples through the cafeteria, the result of an anomoly in the heating/cooling vents. This was caused by one of the NPC teens. In the chaos, our group escapes.