• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Painting The Forest Purple. |Requests are still open!|

Hey guys! I've decided to open an art thread, cause I needed something to do. Anyway, requests are...
[move]Open![/move]
There are rules in Doodle Forest.
-You must comment on my art if you are requesting, otherwise you don't get any drawing.
-Try and give critisism, instead of going "Hey Louie. Your art sucks. Your FakeMon are rubbish and you suck at drawing." Say that, and I will report you to the moderators.
-No SPAM. SPAM stands for Stupid, Pointless Annoying Messages. Or Some Pigs Are Male. I dunno.
-Have fun!
My first drawing is an Azelf!
pokemonpics2003-1-1.jpg

Yes, it is very strange. And the lighting sucks in my house.
pokemonpics2004.jpg

Yes, a shiny Bonsly. I needed something easy to draw. Now, MORE DOODLES MUWAHAHAHA.
Now, I have MORE. A Venonat with a mouth. .... God, I need a life.
pokemonpics2002.jpg

He's actually kind of cute... BEST LIGHTING YEAH. He also has shoes. DERP.
Now, in celebration of my first art thread, I present... LOUIE'S SUPER MEGA CHRISTMAS COMPETITION ENTRY.
pokemonpics006.jpg

Thanks for coming to our art thread! Requests are open, but you must comment on my work first, and follow this template:

CURRENT Forum Name:
Pokemon you want drew:
Paint or Paper:
Any specifics (EG: Necklace, shiny form, cat mouth, tears, etc)
Also, I will not be drawing complicated Pokemon, EG: Altaria, Drapion.
Trust me, I do better in paint.

Goodbye, kids!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Painting The Forest Purple. :3

that is a cute little cat,OMG! is that a stuffed riachu?nowTHAT is cute!

~flutter shy~

Thanks for the comment, Flutter! That cat is my kitten, Robin (male) and yes, that is a Raichu. Any comments on my drawings? Any requests? Anyway, glad to see someone comment. :3

I'll have more doodles up soon.
READ THIS: I am making a poll about a fakemon I will make. I will feature him in many drawings, and I need YOU guys. I will be featuring every type in the poll, and you will select two you want it to be. Then I will see which two types got the most votes, and make them the fakemon's types! Then I will release another poll on what attitude it shall have (EG: Stupid, Grumpy, Hyper, etc), then another on which gender it shall have. So, get voting, and don't forget to comment! :3

I love that Azelf! It looks a bit like an Azelf crossed with a dog but it doesn't matter, I like dogs!
I didn't notice that cat behind the Raichu until now! I want a cuter cat and a plushchu too!
The Venonat is just so cute~ Keep it up Louie!

Thank you, Ebenezer! You made me feel really happy reading that! The Azelf is my personal favourite too! And so far, the voting is going well. So far, the fakemon is a Grass/Water/Ghost type! I voted rock and grass; a mischievous plant that likes throwing rocks at people! :3

Keep commenting; more art will be up soon!

Nice work, Louie~
Venonat is my favorite, it's just so cute!

I love cute little Robin~
I just want to take him >:D

[me=Ked]takes Robin because he way too cute for his own good ♥[/me]

I voted Ice and Bug. I just think whatever fakemon you can come up with would be so cute as a little, icy bug :3
Or butterfly~

Thank you, Ked! If ice/bug wins, I will make some sort of butterfly with ice power or something. Soon, I will make GOOD QUALITY art, instead of five minute doodles. I'll make something special for Christmas day, and... HEY! GIMME MY CAT BACK! Anyway, expect more art soon, and keep the good comments rolling! ;3

Edit: So far, the type is... Water and Ghost! The next poll (after this one finishes), will be on gender, then name! Keep voting! :3

I like those! I think they could use some shading though. Maybe they would look better./criticized

Also, I like your cat and stuffed Raichu! Robin's all like- "Wut?" XD I got a good lol.

Finally, some criticism! I admit, they do need some shading, but the Bonsly's leaves are shaded. This proves it: My art teacher is failing. Water and Ghost is still winning; keep voting and commenting!

EDIT: I have LOCKED the voting now. The type will be ghost and water/bug. As water and bug drew, we will have a 2 day vote on which should win! Get voting, kids, and happy new year!

These drawings look very awkward. They are lacking in shading, proper curvature, and proportions. In the beginning of one's journey in art, I would advise using models, be it another picture you are gathering inspiration from or a person. However, to prevent this from be all negative, I must say your color choices are good, being very close to Sugimori's.

D'awww!!~♥

Holy squee, Louie! Your forest of adorable doodles are positively delightful!! I took one look at Azelf and nearly died~♥ he is superb! I can't draw any of the Legendary Spirits at all!
You've made me love him more than ever!! x,D

Venonat.
MEGA DERP.
That is one pimpin' little bug type you've drawn there :}
His little shoes made me laugh! How do you come up with such great ideas?! ASDFGHJKL envy >: I

Your little Plushchu and Robin are super d'awwsome too!
Was your kitten obediant for that photo?
My dad helped with my entries but kept shouting at me because I yelled, "HE BLINKED!" one time too many x3

Boring stories aside, I can't wait to see more! Hooray~<33

Kasumi xx

Aaaw, thanks guys. I agree, my drawings are pretty awkward, and thanks for saying I use good colours. And the Venonat; first I gave him green feet, but they looked very strange, so I gave them some bows. And in my opinion, Azelf is my favourite. He's so cute. :3
And Robin wasn't very obedient. The picture is the sixth picture. : )
And, the type for my fakemon is...
Bug and Ghost!
Taking in Ked's earlier post, It is probably going to be a butterfly, or whatever I come up with. So, there is a new poll! This one decides the name! Sadly, I can't think of any good names apart from Boobug, so I'll let you guys choose! Just give me a name, and I may add it to the poll! Get voting, kids! And now...

More art. It is an Azurill and a Gastly. How cute. OK, bye! :3

OK, since I only just remembered it is 2011 in 15 minutes...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
My first year at Pokecharms has been magical. Everyone has been so kind to me, and I love you all. I am also sending New Year Cards to all my Pokecharms buddies. Happy 2011, everyone. :'3

Louie Forest said:
My first year at Pokecharms has been magical. Everyone has been so kind to me, and I love you all. I am also sending New Year Cards to all my Pokecharms buddies. Happy 2011, everyone. :'3

Same here! And a VERY happy new year to you too Louie-chan! :,//D
Adorable picture!
And I love your Ghastly and Azurill too! *// 3// *

Adorable!~♥

Kasumi xx

More art, kids!

I tried to make Quilfish look cute... Fail.
And now, since she always comes to my art thread, I made Kasumi a painting.

It's a Gengar strolling in the night with her Banette toy. Yay. :3

*glomp huggles Louie and gives him a giant Ursaring hug<33*

Oh My, Oh My, Oh My!! ://D
Louie that is soooooo cute!!~
You are a genius of teh arts! Uwaaa~ I love it so much!!

Thank you~<333
*noms your arm affectionately*
I shall treasure it forever and always ;// 3 //;

And I just had to giggle at your cute Qwilfish x,D
She looks quite silly, but you know it is almost really cute! :,D

lots and lots and lots of love,
Kasumi ♥♥

Aaaaw, thanks Kasumi. When I showed my mum the Quilfish, she couldn't hide her laughter! And I am glad you like your Gengar. I am going to try and make one for every well-known member of Pokecharms!

Attention! I have decided to call the Ghost and Bug FakeMon...
Boobug!
I am going to paint to design it now! Goodbye for now!

Louie Forest said:
I am going to try and make a portrait thing for every well-known member of Pokecharms!
I wasn't lying...
Here's Lady Monroe!

This my favorite. I am extremely proud of Lepardasu and Lunatone.
And now Solstice (AKA Indie Reeper)!

Not so good as the other one... anyway, expect to see more art soon!

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen

Thank you louie the portait is very nice the colour and the pokemon on there are favpurites of mine so thanks x :)

ASDFGHJKL >//w//<

Louie I am going to marry your art = ___ =
These pics are adorable! Positively charming! ://D
I love them both!~
And you should be proud of both of them! There's no way I coul've drawn Lepardasu of Ampharos that squeefully!
The colours are perfect and the layouts are fun~

Stop being so good ♥

Lots of love,
Kasumi xx

I told you in chat, and I´ll tell you again.
The above picture=<33333
I love the expressions on the mareep, and I think that we all wanted the :D one for ourselves. Thankies so much again for it, and I´m definetely following the thread for more of your lovely, foresty drawings~

Hey Louie! Decided to pop by and give out criticism other than the bunches of I love it going around, cause they won't help as much ♥

Your art is art, I'll say that, and people enjoy it ♥ I can tell you're getting a bit better. One thing I'll suggest is if you could give shading a shot? I noticed you did it with the Lunatone, so you can probably manage it with other art. It'll make them look less flat if you have the source of light correct. You could try maybe outlining your drawing as well, but I can't say much on that, because I am not terribly experienced in art in my own case.

I think you're doing a fine job otherwise, and you're doing a nice job starting out ♥ I do hope you can improve as you continue updating, as that is one goal of an art thread ♥

Thanks for the critique, guys! This is for everyone!

This is to say 'Thanks' for all you guys liking my art and giving critique. Thanks guys.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
And, I can now reveal... Boobug!

I gave it stats, shiny form, and I am quite proud of it!
Expect more art soon!

EDIT: For Silver Magpie. I tried to make it 3D and kind of failed! Forgot to put shading in, too. :p

Blimey, more art. D:

I present (pun) Giftuprize!
This Pokemon releases toys from it's stomache as presents. They only appear in Gracidea Gardens at Winter.
Derp. :3

How cute! Giftuprize is adorable!
I wonder if some stray Shaymin might accidentally stumble upon them and snuggle up inside their bellies?
Teeheehee~
I like the colours, and when you draw it against a black background it really makes them stand out ://D I don't think I've ever commended you for your brilliance before! ^//3//^

And I can't believe I missed BooBug before D//: (haha alliteration :>)
He is a combo of my two favourite Pokemon types, so now I feel stupid >// _//>''
But I really like him! For some reason, he reminds me of those gangly puppets that fall from the trees in Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess xD

He's great though! Lovely picture ♥
Kasumi xx

BUMP.
I have new art, which should be in my signiture soon.

Definitely my best art. Thanks for the lovely comment Kasumi!

EDIT: I have a bigg(ish) announcement. I can't think of any Pokemon to draw, so can you guys give me some ideas? Thanks.

A Shiny Sneasel and Weaville ♥
that would be adorable in your style Louie-chan ://D

Kasumi xx

Maybe a challenge? I'd love to see Victini, Camerupt, Altaria and Waynut :)

Okay, I combined Rolly's ideas any Kasumi's ideas to create...

Rose the shiny Weavile and Crystal the Wynaut!
I will have more art soon!

Ohmigosh that is adorable!
*laughs and claps hands happily*
Weaville's pose/expression looks like "BREAK DANCE PLZ."

That's fantastic! :,//D Simply amazing! And Crystal looks adorable too~♥
I would love to see them both with heavy bling like rappers *giggles to herself*
I'm getting carried away aren't I?

Nice job Louie! I really love it! ♥

Kasumi xxx

Simply love the Waynut, really cute ^3^ Also got the tail to be awsomesauce, keep up the good work!

IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZAR OF PAINT

It's a Smoochum wearing a fluffy jumper. In a picture frame. :3

And a Sudowoodo. :3

Oh, Louiee~~♥
I am loving the picture frame on your Smoochum picture! It really makes her stand out, and the colours are fantastic!

My favourite is Sudowoodo- how adorable! He's simply amazing; the colours are perect and I really love that background you've got going on there!

I can't wait to see more art and BLARGALFLARGALSCHANFF stop being such a good artist yoooouu D;
:,D

Kasumi xx

More art of Giftuprize! I decided that the certain colour wrapping paper they had, the typing they would get! To the Giftuprize shop!

...Yes, you can buy Giftuprizes and give them to your friends at Christmas. Derp. ;3

Ohmigosh They Are So Freakin' Adorable!
Glarparlblarghtoekdesgla-DERP. :>

Their eager little faces and all of the pretty colours, sitting on the shelf, Niii~♥
You should totally try shading your drawings- that would really make them look even better! ://D

And Tangrowth looks so cute aswell! ^//3//^
I'm rubbish at drawing Tangrowth =//w//=''
But you've made it look uber cute, nyaaaa<3

From now on; I'll shall wrap my requests in a Giftuprize<3
Kasumi xxx

Giftuprize is soooo cute ♥

I love the little blush under the eyes. And that little lacy thingy on top, too cute~

Some of the bright colors on Giftuprize hurts my eyes. Mainly the neon pink, green, and orange. Maybe try toning the colors down a little bit, or make some custom colors. That might make them less eye-hurting, and it'll be easier to see their adorable-ness ;3

Now, onto some of your other works~! Rose and Crystal looks pretty good. Rose looks a little bit too skinny, maybe you could help her gain some weight.

I think Smoochum is definately the best out of your works. The proportions are right, the colors are perfect, and the whole thing is just too cute~ The Jumpluff jumper was a nice touch too, except for the Jumpluff, who is now bald :>

Keep up the good work~!

Thanks for the comments guys! I try hading, but that's very hard on Paint. And I try to create custom colors, but you can't get a good shade of orange. Oh well. Expect more art soon! :3

Aww all your pictures are so kawaii :3
Did you make all the drawings on regular Paint ?